Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Wednesday February 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*stomps feet*
No more snow!!!

It has been snowing for over 30 hours, and it looks like it is not going to stop until Friday.:(
The stuff we got yesterday/last night is really wet and packed down but I know we had to keep shoveling/scraping the sidewalk over and over. The kids have a delayed opening this morning. If things go as predicted, they are not going to have school tomorrow or Friday. Yes, another blizzard is coming our way- and they are saying this one is going to be the worst.Enough already!

I have to do my regular food shopping this morning- it is going to be a nightmare.

So my WWW is for sun and 85*!!!! Throw in somesand, blue water and a pina colada, and I am all set :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LInda S- Good for Shaun! I am glad to hear that the teacher let him retake the test. The last thing kids need is more test anxiety, right?
How did Sydney do at gymnastics? Cait is going back too- she starts next week and is so excited!

NanaLinda -- yes, where is spring?????

AndreaNyx- yay for sleeping in!

Laurie- the dress/ dancing is so exciting!
Yummy cookies!!! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

hondachicc

Hi O Family!!!!!!!!!

I just got home....DD called and asked me come get the baby......DD is sick!! We have all had a bug the last few days....I had the smallest case of it yesterday (stomach bug)....so it wasn't too bad....DH had it a little worse than me..but he still went to work....and DD's DH had it too and and now DD has it BAD!!! Poor thing!! Good thing for her that her mother is the babysitter....no other babysitter would do a pick up service!! ;)

We have sleet here this morning....but it's not amounting to anything....The mounds of snow have dwindled (thanks to the 55 degrees on Sunday and the rain on Monday)...you can actually see the grass in a lot of places!! well the brown soggy stuff on the ground :rolleyes:

So did any of you watch the Skating on the Olympics!!!??? BEAUTIFUL!!! and my heart went out the the Canadian girl...poor thing!! But she skated so wonderful!!!

Now American Idol....did anyone watch it?? Most of the girls SUCKED!!! I don't think the judges were impressed with ANY of them. I am such a reality TV junkie!!! It's TV bliss for me right now!! AI, Survivor, Amazing Race!! WOO HOO!! I am also a Crime Scene TV junkie...so with NCIS, CSI's, Criminal Minds that adds to the Bliss...and LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GOOD WIFE!!! If The Closer, Army Wives and Big Brother came on this time of year, TV would be perfect, and I would never get anything done!!! LOL!!! Now I have to add....I do watch I-Carly, Ben 10 and Wrestling, Mickey Mouse, Tigger and Pooh, Max and Ruby and Sponge Bob...Yeah..my tv never gets turned off...when those kids are here, it's ALWAYS on something they want...I DON"T SPOIL THEM!!! ;)

Okay.........I gotta go...too much rambling!!! My washer is yelling at me!! WEll, actually the over flowing basket of towels that are screaming!!!

(((HUGS))) to you all!!!

hondachicc

Chris..........I feel your pain!!!!!!!!! GO AWAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you don't get hit too bad!!! And IKWYM about the food shopping....I hate it when they are calling for the bad weather...it is like a ZOO!! Good luck sweetie!!!

natesia

Hi...
I have less snow every day ;P sun shines, it doesn't snow... and the air smells like spring... ;)

LaughingSun

OMG, snow here too!!! snow, rain, snow, rain... aaaahhhhhhhh! but it's +1C tho... so why is it snowing? I want SPRING!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
We don't have snow but we do have lots and lots of rain...so I am off to get a pedicure for my trip at lunch time. So get this...I made arrangements for coverage about 2-3 months ago for work. Lots of advance notice. One of the guys I called was supposed to call me back and let me know if it would work out but never called me back. he never does, so whatever. So I called him on Monday to verify and he didn't call me back, go figure. Then I called him again last night, so he said he was going to talk to his wife and call me back. he didn't even know what days he was supposed to work say ing that if I hadn't called he wouldn't have even showed up. So then he calls me a few minutes later saying he spoke to his wife and that there was no way he could work those days. That is just ridiculous and so unprofessional. he kept saying he would call our boss to make sure I didn't get into any trouble. I let him know that would not be necessary. I would not be getting into any trouble. So, now there won't be coverage some of the days. It is a bit ridiculous. I just don't understand that. If you say you are going to be someplace for work, then you show up. It is that simple, I think. But I guess that is just me. Some people.

Well, I am going to go check on things and see if I can head out fo rlunch and then I will be back.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
okay, toesies are done. I am back from lunch. I had hoped to work on my ADSR stuff but I left my laptop at home today. Although the challenges are much better than the stupid ATC thing from last week, that I think Linda and I still rocked anyway, one of them is essentially a speed scrap formula but the instructions are kinda random and I'm not sure if I am going to love the end result or not. We shall see. You'll have to wish me luck getting them done on the cruise. thankfully I have the bestest partner in the whole world. It was funny, the other day when I was talking to the lady at Alaska Airlines, I kept telling her she was the bestest. She just kept giggling. It was awesome. She really was though. She totally hooked me up.

So, tomorrow is my last day of work until March 9th. I am the worst procrastinator so tomorrow is clean up my desk day. I have my bags mostly packed but I don't like how I have it packed so I might have to repack again. Last night we got our paint picked out. I am liking the colors but I am nervous. They look dark but I think once they are on the walls they will look better. We'll see. I am so excited to have out walls not white. With the paint on there for the test colors it made the original color look green. It was really weird. We're going to have a red wall and a really dark brown wall. Hmmmm...plus lots of brown. It might make me feel a lot like chocolate.

Chris - I will be sending you some warm vibes for sure. I'll be closer to you so maybe if I blow really hard the warm winds will head your way. I'll try it and see if it works.

Linda - you and your illnesses. What are we going to do with you and your family? I'm with you on AI!! I didn't even watch it all. Went upstairs and watched Saving Grace. My new favorite show. It is awesome. Derek likes it too. Holly Hunter is amazing in it and I love the guy who plays Earl more and more everyday. They are playing all the reruns at 11 every night so we've been DVRing them and watching them when we do. I usually watch them in the morning after I put Ethan on the bus. The final episodes start at the end of March. Derek just happened to turn it on one day and it happened to be the first episode and we've been hooked ever since. It's a crime series with a spiritual twist.

Hi Natesia - I'm glad you are starting to feel spring there. It has been showing up around here once in a while but then it gets good and cold all of sudden too. No snow thankfully.

AndreaN - I hope the snow goes away there also. All this snow!! I hate the snow and am so glad I don't live in it. It would kill me to live in the snow all the time. Blech!!!

Oh, an exciting tidbit!! My house is finally guest free!! Last night was the final night. Derek took him at 4:00 this morning to the airport. It wasn't so bad. He was obnoxious as always and there were lots of comments about how he got left off the cruise mailing list...ooops...but I did acquire an awesome camera bag out of his stupidity. that was cool. He didn't scope of his bag very well and decided he wanted a backpack. Then when he was pulling his camera out (a D90 because he wanted to get into photography) he found an accessory strap that would make his bag do exactly what he wanted it to do. So I got an over the shoulder camera bag worth nearly $100 for $35. Whoohoo!! I'll take it. And I needed something like that for this trip. I wasn't going to buy it, but it sure will be nice to have. Yay!!

Last night was fun. My brother came over with his big box of micro machine and him and Ethan played for a few hours. It was awesome. Addie even partook in shooting missels at each other. It was great. Of course my pizzas didn't get ordered online so we didn't eat until about 2 hours later tha planned. That was a bit annoying, but it all worked out. Okay, I'm done rampling now. Just trying to get it all out before the cruise. Love you guys!! You're the bestest!!

hondachicc

AndreaNyx....sorry you are getting the crappy weather too but it can't be too long until spring!!!

We are such aweful people wishing our lives away!!!

Natesia....sounds like the weather is going well there!! I know it makes for a better day all around!!!

Clarabear!!!!!!!!!! 2 days!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! I am glad you had such good luck with the airlines!!! That is awesome and I HAVE THE BESTEST PARTNER TOO!!! It's strange that we have never met in person but seem to know each so well to work so well together!! I LOVE THE INTERNET!!! and I LOVE MY DIGI FRIENDS!!! AND I LOVE OSCRAPS FOR BRINGING TO MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS!!!! Now...we discussed my sickness earlier today...I think I am going to get my flintsones this weekend :D Oh Yes...Saving Grace is awesome too!!! I have watched it from the beginning!!! It's a summer show too that comes on right after THE CLOSER!!! Bummer this coming up season is the last one!! Yeah...I love Earl myself...the longer you watch the show, the more you love him!!! He is one bada$$ angel!!! The painting while you are gone is great!! I love the color scheme...but don't think my UPS husband would too much!! He would probably shoot me if I painted anything brown around here!!! Guess that is one reason he always leans to lighter colors!! YAY for getting rid of the house guest!! and double YAY for the AWESOME camera bag...BTW...don't forget to buy a disposable underwater camera for snorkling shots!!!!

Okay...I need to stop typing now!!!