Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Wednesday February 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well, it sure has been "interesting" here for me and my family the last couple of weeks. Lots of cabin fever, cranky people LOL
But- we finally got a bit of good news.
Actually- really great news.

Lyme doc has declared that Cait is about as "Lyme Free" as he can say. There is always a possibility that the bacteria is dormant, but she has been symptom free for 6 months!!!!!!!!!
He drew blood, and as long as all of her blood work comes back "clean" she doesn't have to go back. Yipeeeee!!

And the good news about Scott- he is going back to school on Monday! He is not 100% ready/better, but I think if we wait for that, we'll never get there. (Kind of like waiting for when you are 100% ready to have a baby LOL)
At this point, we feel that the benefits of home instruction is not as important as him being able to be in school with his friends. He has been getting so agnry with us b/c he sees us as keeping him out- but he alos has to know that if he slips back, we are going to have to pull him out again, and I know he doesn't want that.

He'll start out partial day (3-4 hours) and the tutor will come in the afternoon to catch him up. We will try that for a couple of weeks and see how he does- hopefully he'll be able to get into a regular schedule from there.

I know I have been neglecting all of you- and I will be back for personals in a bit.

Love to you all!

LSlycord

Great news Chris! So happy about Cait! And here's hoping that the 1/2 day school, 1/2 day tutor is a great transition for Scott!

Everyone else...it's a no shoveling day in Iowa! Something to make me smile!

mrsaboyer

That is great to hear, Chris! Hopefully that will be a good mix for Scott.

It seems like everybody's been quiet lately, not just me. Is it just the winter doldrums? You'd hardly even know it's winter here. Today it is a warm 41 degrees, sunny and nice! What's funny is me, a West Coast gal saying that 41 degrees is warm, but it really just looks and feels like spring out there.

Finally heard from Vince today after a long silence. He is bored. That's good on my end of things, because if he weren't bored it would mean that there was a lot going on, and that's not necessarily a good thing, y'know?

Anyway, I'm about to bring the girls to school. Just wanted to say hey!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hey ladies!! So, the guest is here. whooo... OKay, so it isn't too bad. He's not a bad guy. He just always annoys me, but Derek thinks he's great. They will be headed up to the mountains soon enough to go snowboard...maybe Sunday or Monday. We'll see. It will give me some time to get some more stuff together for packing, which will be great. I'm hoping to take next Friday off to do the last stuff and spend the day with my little girl.

Well, I'm feeling kinda blah at the moment...maybe I'll feel chatty later. I'm sleepy. Went to a friend's house for dinner last night and hung out too late. Ooops!! It was fun though. Now just sleepy. *Yawn*

Chris - Awesome news about Cait!! That is just amazing. Gives hope for the rest of you. Not overnight hope but hope. That is just awesome. That is great that Scott will be headed back to school. Maybe he's not 100% but at least now he knows what he needs to do if he wants to stay in school and not get pulled out again. I still don't get why he can't get a medical release from PE. I just had to get a form signed by my doctor saying I wasn't well enough to participate in PE activities. It was super simple. But my biggest fight was my principal not my school district. After all of my college and college diving dreams had gone down the toilet. At this point I had already signed up to join the military after high school my principal had the nerve to tell my mom that maybe I needed to deal with a little bit of disappointment. My mom threw a little fit. She was not impressed. She was my biggest ally but of course being a teenager I thought she was the enemy. Go figure. She saved my life in so many ways. I know he fights you every step of the way but when he becomes an adult he'll see how you fought for him. I know he will. I'm glad he's doing better.

LindaS - Yay for no shoveling. Whoohoo!!!! Should it be a winter holiday in Iowa?? I think we should declare it one. Any reason to celebrate is a great day!!

AndreaB - Yay for boredom!! I love to hear about bored soldiers in Iraq. Makes for healthy safe soldiers in Iraq. I hope he hurries home and then gets some orders to Ft. Lewis and you can find your way home. That would be awesome for you guys. I know how much you miss it. Our friends were trying to tell us we should try and get stationed at Ft. Irwin. I think they are crazy, but who knows. It sounds like being stationed at Graf in Germany. It sucks to go there for training but to be stationed there is awesome. Small town feel, you know everyone, they take care of the soldiers there, etc. I don't know...maybe. I don't think we can go there. We have to go to a major medical hospital center, wherever we go. My vote is always Landstuhl...but that's just me. We'll see. I think as soon as D gets his 6 we'll be moving somewhere. We'll see. Anyway, I'm glad you heard from Vince. That is awesome. Hugs!!

LaughingSun

just a quick check in before I eat my 1st meal of the day.

Kylie was up on and off all night last night crying... her ear hurt. Sure enough, brought her to the doc and she has a BAD ear infection. Stopped to get meds & some quick McD fries while we wait, then get Myles to school just in time. Thankfully a friend will pick him up after so I don't have to wake Kylie up from her nap... which she actually ASKED to have. hum. She had her Tylenol & meds to which she said were 'ummmmm yummmy' lol. at least they're good so she'll take them.

off to have some lunch. think I'll have the last of the prime rib roast & potatoes... finished those beans yesterday b/c they are SO good lol

hondachicc

Hi ladies.....just a quick post from me.... I have not felt good today at all!! Mother Nature has reared her ugly head with a vengenance!!! I have taken every opportunity possible to be on the couch today!!

Besides that, it's cold and windy outside...man it's getting really old!! WHERE CAN I ORDER SOME WARM AIR???? CONSISTANT SUNSHINE???

A cute story before I go...

Yesterday when Sharon got here to pick up the kids...she was trying to get Cameran to get his coat and shoes on, I was changing Savannah's diaper...Cameran came over and started hugging and kissing on Savannah, and Sharon got after him again to get his coat and shoes on...Cameran gets in Savannah's ear and whispers "tell her to be quiet".... I laugh out loud...Sharon asked me what he said, he ran to get his coat and shoes...I told her I was not telling....he just looked at me and grinned a guilty grin!! It was cute!!!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
evening all - I went into work today to work half day and ended up all day-- but I get paid for it so that is good-man was my body sore from the shoveling yesterday- stiff and my back acting up a little. Unfortunately at work I spent the day combining two different therapy areas into one and making it functional- yikes lots of bending lifting, sorting, but when I left it looked like a therapy room! I need to take a bath tonight and soak and soak- I thought about the hot tub but it is too windy outside - I would freeze- I'm exhausted- but off for 4 days (yeah right- I will go in on sat or sun to put my office back in order- it got moved too!

katg1006

Hi everyone! *waves* I think I am back among the living now :) Trying to just play catch up on life!

Chris - OH MY WORD!!!! That is AWESOME news!!!! Woooot woooot! I am so happy for her! I wish Scott luck for his first week back - transitioning back is the best way to go so it's not such a shock to his system and he can test the waters out.

AndreaB - Yes I know what you mean! Bored is good! I am glad that everything is okay!

Clara - glad things are going well! Are you excited about your trip?

Andrea - Awww poor pookie ear infections are the worst! I hope Kylie feels better fast!

LindaW - Ugh that Mother Nature...so cruel!!! ((hugs)) Hope you feel better fast! That was such a great story!!! Love it!!!

Laurie - Ohhh I think they say if you use epsom salts in the tub it helps ease sore muscles. I hope you feel better!

Well I have to run to get Nick...my few minutes of me time are up! Have a great one!