Oscraps

Daily Ooo's, Wednesday Febr. 8

yvonnahenna

Good morning ladies!!

How are you all doing on this wednesday??
This morning I went to the dentist with the girls. I was so happy that we didn't have to come back to get something fixed. Most of the time there is something wrong with Imke's teeth :( The dentist told her she had 2 'almost-wobbly-teeth'. She went to school with a huge smile on her face, because she was going to tell the teacher about her 'almost-wobbly-teeth' LOL

With Fenna I had to go back to the opticien. I wanted them to shorten her glasses. Ermm..the things that are behind your ears. LOL How do you call them? They could not fix that because of the different thickness of those things. She said she was going to work and think on that. After that we had to go to a few shops, and we went back with her glasses. Because now they where sliding off! Luckily we didn't went home allready :)

Now off to read what was written yesterday:bounce:

yvonnahenna

Eva! Neopets, I have them to, but I haven't looked after them in a looooonnnngggg time. About 1 year of something?

LindaS, I hope last night was better than the one befor!

Kristy, I hope Raianna feels better soon.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning - we might get snow today- only an inch- but it should be pretty to look at when I get near a window- have I told you that I only get to see outside when I walk from my treatment place through the dept to the front and then I can look out the front doors- that is why I have my daylight light. I was excited I left work at 6 and it was still light out last night-spring is coming, spring is coming- slowly, but it is coming!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy Wednesday! I am tired, what a day yesterday.

The IEP meeting was so stressful. Scott *hates* discussing anything about his future/post High School life. But we were able to get a better idea of what he options he has available. For ex. there is no way he can get into a 4 year college, which I didn't think he could do any way, but this way I can tell family and friends to not bother going there with him. The good news is that means no need for SAT's. Whew! That was one battle I was dreading. If he goes into a 2 year college, and does good, which I think he will do, he can transfer to a 4 year school and not have them even bother looking at his HS grades. That really takes a lot of pressure off of all of us.
Its hard for me in a way since it was never even an option for me to not go to college, and if money wasn't an issue I'd be back. As we were picking out courses for Scott, i kept getting all excited- i told the Child Study Team leader that *I* wanted to have his schedule LOL

One kid down for next year and one to go. We are still waiting to hear if Cait got accepting into the Tech School she wants to go to.

yvon- great news about the dentist and the wobbly teeth. It is always nice to come back from a doctor and not have any other issues. Cait had her physical yesterday and the pediatrician wants me to take her back to a cardiologist (she as a heart murmur), an orthopedist (she has scoliosis) and a rheumatoligist (she has reynaud's syndrome), plus the dermatologist for acne. Gah!!!!!

Anyway.... WWW
I wish and want our Mama O to have the happiest birthday ever! Without her, i wouldn't have Oscraps and my wonderful O-Fam whom I adore!

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey hey Laurie :) We might be getting a bit of snow too, but hopefully about the same as you. But I know-- it is getting a bit lighter out when I get the kids off to school and when I was cooking dinner, it was just starting to get dark. woo hoo!

kristy-- oh my-- must be the day for reynaud';s! I just looked at your post from yesterday. too funny. My mom and I have reynauds so it wasn't a surprise that cait does. Scott thinks he has it too so we'll find out next week when he has his appt.

lupus was the main reason that my ped wanted me to take cait to a rheumatolgist but being that she being treated for lyme and has had all of those tests done, I am not worried, esp. with our family history.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Eva! Neopets, I have them to, but I haven't looked after them in a looooonnnngggg time. About 1 year of something?

Oh, no - they're starving now! :)
If you check in - send a neofriend request - my name is tvingad over there.
(tvingad is the Swedish word for "forced to" ... that's what I use as a name whenever tanteva is taken already *s*)

Oh - plans for today - shopping with my sis.
Dinner.
I know - I lead a hard life ... but someone's gotta do it LOL

donnagoar

Morning ladies!

No snow here, just rain and temps are pretty mild...............I keep waiting for that big snow fall, but maybe not going to happen.

Yvonna- Morning and hope you get the glasses taken care of. I have loved your recent pages of your little one.........darling!

Chris- Glad your meeting and plans for next step in school are coming together Scott. I hope one day you get to take some more classes-sounds like something you would enjoy!!

Morning Eva and Laurie- Hope your day is good!!

Just catching up today and running a few errands. Need to stop by the library and collect some books for my mom. She is not too physically active any longer, but her mind is sharp and she loves to read. When she first came to live with us I bought her a few books and she she was done in just days...............realized keeping her in books was going to be too expensive at the book store at that rate and now the library is on my weekly run for her!

Have a good day!
Donna

whatnext

snow coming here, too. hopefully it'll only be an inch or less. i DO love the fact that it's "sort of" light at 6 p.m. these days.

family drama still going on here. add to the mix that "The Daughter" wrecked the car she's using that belongs to her SIL. it never ends.

dunno what i'm doing today, except trying not to think and, probably, watching it snow.

have a good one.

Phylis

Kiliki

kristy-- oh my-- must be the day for reynaud';s! I just looked at your post from yesterday. too funny. My mom and I have reynauds so it wasn't a surprise that cait does. Scott thinks he has it too so we'll find out next week when he has his appt.

crazy!! yeah im assuming its what i have too though i was never "seen" by the dr haha

Kiliki

today today....a day of exercise again....im just stuck with my weight...im eating better exercising 5 days a week....and I am stuck...its so discouraging....people keep telling me im not eating ENOUGH...so im going to try to up my calorie intake for the next week....i've been getting about 1200-1300 a day....im going to try to get it up to the 1500 mark see if that makes a difference...if not..then i give up....i guess i just can't loose weight unless i starve myself...and im not gonna do that!!!

yvonnahenna

Oh, no - they're starving now! :)
If you check in - send a neofriend request - my name is tvingad over there.
(tvingad is the Swedish word for "forced to" ... that's what I use as a name whenever tanteva is taken already *s*)

The best thing about them is that they stay Starving for years! LOL :behindsofa:
I need to find my login details and see what I can do :D
I loved playing the cardgame Godori:cool:

Donna, Thank you for the nice comment about my layouts :D Yep, glasses have been fixed. And I hope this lady comes up with a solution soon :D

Chris, sorry for asking, but why can't Scott get into a 4yr college?
Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about Cait having to go back so many times :( Dr visits are not for fun :(

Imke has a friend over for playing. She lives at a family here in my town who are fosterparents. (They have 3 kids of their own, and 2 fosterkids) She's living there since she was 16 days old. And in May she turns 7. She's staying there forever, because the birth-mom is in a psychiatric instituut. They have another little boy. He turns 4 may 21st. Fenna have been playing a lot of times with him. He's living with them since he was born. Yesterday they've heared he is going to go back living with his birth-mom. Ofcourse they are all very happy that he will be going back. But on the other side they are sad, because he was with them for such a long time. When I heard this, I almost was crying as well!
The 3 girls (14,12 and 10) all said: Oh NO!! That is so sad for Fenna!!!! LOL

Oh yes, and you know what! I've made the Pork and vale meatballs-lasagna. <-- click click
And it tasted so so SOSO good!!
DH thought he wouldn't like it. But after that, he ate so much that we was on the couch with a stomachache!

Last edited by a moderator:

yvonnahenna

today today....a day of exercise again....im just stuck with my weight...im eating better exercising 5 days a week....and I am stuck...its so discouraging....people keep telling me im not eating ENOUGH...so im going to try to up my calorie intake for the next week....i've been getting about 1200-1300 a day....im going to try to get it up to the 1500 mark see if that makes a difference...if not..then i give up....i guess i just can't loose weight unless i starve myself...and im not gonna do that!!!

how much do you want to loose?

I'm busy with my diet as well. Not really this week:der: LOL But the 2 weeks befor I lost total 3kg. Didn't stick to my diet every day. But hey, I've lost a littlebit.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oh, Yvonne - I'm impressed! You have a draik! Never seen a pink one - cool!

yvonnahenna

haha Yep! I forgot about how I got it. Probably with the draik potion or something. And pink paintbrush :D I'm back playing Godori again. Not sure if this will be good for my scrapping LOL

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies!!

Today is Wednesday...UGH!! Wednesday has always been our chill night but starting today we have Wednesday night stuff. Right after school Ethan has a Dr. appt and then both kids start in a children's choir at church. They are so excited. Addie is a little disappointed because she would rather sing on the stage all by herself...but not yet little girl. LOL!! She is adamant that she will be the next teen pop star and she will marry Justin Bieber. LOL!! My husband's civilian counterpart at work has a very talented little girl who keeps running all over the country meeting famous people getting contacts and a couple of weekends ago some producers flew her ot to CA for the weekend and she got to meet Justin B and Addie was sooooooooooo jealous. You should watch for this girl Katlyn Nichol she's the next big thing. :)

Well, I don't think I can stand hearing another Strawberry Shortcake episode so I'd better get Addie doing ANYTHING else. Let me post this and then do some personals. :)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies and Happy Wednesday!! Off to work today for a few hours. Its :rain: here today nice mild temps.

Yvonne- Glad your dentist appts were good! Don't get so caught up with your Godori that you forget about us!! :becky:

Eva - What a hard life you have LOL I am so jealous!!

Chris - My goodness, your trips to the dr. must just wear you out!! Glad to hear that you have Scott all taken of with school, I hope one day you can take the courses you would like to have also!! Hope your day is a little less active today!!

Donna - Have fun at the library, I love the library and could browse the books all day long!!

Kristy - Sounds like maybe your body doesn't need to loss much more weight? It is harder to take off as we get older, but then you certainly are not older are you!! Perhaps you just need to change things up a bit with your workout. You have done so great with your weight loss!! Hope you get to where you want to be!!

Clara - That is so cute that Addie wants to marry the Bieber!! He is from a small town just up the road from where my daughter is now living and I guess the place gets just nuts when the poor kid comes home to visit. Can't get any privacy and has to ask the press to please leave him alone. Sounds like your days are full! Hope this one is great for you all!!

Well I gotta get some bills paid and then hit the shower, have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!! :wave:

Kiliki

i try not to do the same things every day....i change it up as much as i can...but i have no exercise equipment here at the house....cant afford a gym...so i just do what i can LOL...

CookingMyLife

Hi Peeps

My life has mostly settled down tho my daughter's is still beyond weird. Long story short, after 4? days with me she threatened to kill me, called an ambulance for herself and ended up in the local hosp. Several days under 24/7 psych watch and then finally transferred back to the Baltimore hosp. Another psych review as she wouldn't speak to anyone, among other issues, and now she calls her brother to say a woman is taking her for 'a few days' while the hospital finds a place for her.

No idea what the truth is in that but I have had intermittent calls from various staff at the hospital asking for info etc esp when she is in her no talk mode.

After her threat, and behavior at our house, no one else in the family will now take care of her and I totally understand. She works the system very well. Whether her cancer will continue to be treated is up in the air as is her whole life.

One very good thing is that my son got her to sign the transfer of custody for her daughter last sunday. The custody should now go to the couple who have raised her, and godwilling the courts will get this settled quickly.

Me? it took me a full week to get myself back on a fairly normal mode and thinking halfway straight. My sadness had me crying at the thought of her and her choices but at the same time the relief of having her out of the house was tremendous. Dick is back and we've decided neither of us have the energy to make the Hawaii trip and that's ok. We've been and all in all I'd rather just go to LA sometime.

But right now, it's an early bed each night and lots of silly movies as well as the Swedish thrillers. Once I get my new computer back on track I'm ready to scrap again...not sure what I'll 'make' but getting some creative time back in is important to me.

see y'all soon!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Welcome back Maureen.... oh my what can I say?? I send all my love and healing wishes your way, perhaps scrapping will be good therapy for you!

Kiliki

*hugs* maureen what a crazy sad ride you have been on...i hope things get better for you....i hope the courts settle the custody quickly

LSlycord

Good evening ladies! Things slowed down a little last night...no moonlight walks/jogs anywhere. The cars haven't broken down. It's getting a little dull here. ;-) Just kidding!

LSlycord

Maureen, so glad to hear that you are getting back to normal. So sorry for all of the pain that you've gone through.

Kristy, sounds like I should hire you to be my trainer.

Yvonne, glad that the dentist went well. Sydney's teeth are so bad... She's had so many fillings and a baby root canal...I dread the dentist.

LSlycord

And by the way, can I just tell you all how happy I am to see that Cheery-O on my avi!!!! Now I need to drag out some blinkies!

I lOve my hOme at the O!

mrstoa

mrstoa
:yo:

Just popping in from the gallery!

Linda, happy to see you back in Cheerio gear!

And Maureen you and your family remain in my prayers

Just shutting down for the night. Haven't had a chance to even read thru posts yet.

But will do that before turning off IPad

lotsa hugs

J

yvonnahenna

LindaS!! I'm so happy you are a cheeryO again!

Yesterday evening, imke got sick. She had to go to te toilet every half hour. This morning I have it. I feel naucious, stomachache and I feel like I'm living on the toilet LOL