Oscraps

Daily Ooos Wed April 15 (Tax Day ugh)

snappy2003

Morning O Lovelies!

Thought I would pop in and start off the day since I was up before daylight LOL. I've got Pepsi and poptarts for all :).

Chris-hope today brings something besides crummy news for ya. Today is good ole WWW so be sure to get yours in ;).

Clara-hope your allergies will give you a break today I know this season is especially tough for some.

Kristin-how'd you sleep last night, were you dead to the world again LOL?

Kat-how's things around your house, everyone feeling better?

Kelly-get your hiney off the puter today and get some housework done ;) LMBO.

LindaP-have a great day!!!

Sandra-some big ole ((((hugs)))) for ya cause I know you always need some.

Sally- xoxoxoxo cause you know I love ya

Tali-what the heck are you up to girl?

Sara-Aren't you looooovin' the Cheery-o spot?! It is the most fun I've had in ...well....EVER :). Clara and the rest of the gals are going to be in Heaven it is well worth the wait, don't fret :).

Merkee-hope you're feeling better (((hugs)))

Mary Ellen-Miss ya, haven't seen you post in a little bit.

Everyone who stops in Hi and I'll holler at ya later!!! Gotta run, big meeting at work, more like a chewing out, we never get pats on the back LOL.

Sending out lots of love and hugs to my O-fam!

LSlycord

Good morning girls. Glad that you got the thread started this morning. And Chris, I hope that today is a good day for you...lots of sleeping in. How did the doctor's appointments go for the kids?

Dawn, I hope that they surprise you today and don't chew you out. :)

I'm running late so just a quick drive by. Maybe I'll get in later tonight. Have a great Wednesday...we're halfway home!

LindaPete

UGH - I have a meeting all morning and then in-service all afternoon. Serious butt time! This has to be quick so I can get rolling and get to my meeting before all the good seats in the back are taken :)

Becky welcome to the O, you will love it here!
Hi to all the rest of you lovely O's! Have a wonderful Wednesday, thinking of all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GoOd morning My O-Fam!
Slept in a bit today- 7 am ;) I have to go food shopping this morning, and I like to go when it isn't crowded. So I want to be out of here by 8:30-- better get my fingers typing LOL

Yesterday went good! They both did really good at the drs, he is super happy with Caitlyn's continued progress, and is alsp pleased with Scott's improvement.
We go back in 8-9 weeks- so I made the appt after school is out. For the most part, all meds are staying the same, with an increase in one herb for their Bartonella. But next appt, we might start taking Caitlyn off of the abx!
Every bit of good news for them is like a balm for my heart. A bit of hope... And if I never get better, that is OK, as long as they do.

We were gone all day so we didn't get anywhere with Gary's medical stuff. That begins again today. I still cannot understand how they won't pay for diabetes supplies. What do they expect him to do, drink his insulin? *eye roll*

I am guessing a don't have a chance to get the PICC at this point. Oh well, the shots seem to be helping. I renewed my Rx this morning, we see if they cover it when I go to pick it up. If you hear me throwing a temper tantrum about 10 am EST, you'll know it was denied. :D

Happy Wed Dawn, yum, carb free poptarts I hope? LOL And I'll take another coffee instead of the pepsi, thanks! Thanks fo rthe good thoughts.
And good luck at your "meeting" Why don't people get that they will get better response with kindness and gratitude than chewing out?
And OMG- you had me totally cracking up at your description of the ins people. And too true!!!!! I had heard an interview of a nurse who ended up working for an ins. co. and they got bonuses for the amount of denials they put out. Sick, eh??

Is it just me or does it seem like society is moving backwards?

Linda! Please don't make the week go too fast! I still have so much I want to catch up on LOL
How are you and the kids?

Hi Becky! Welcome to the Daily ooo's!

Kristin-- oooh that feels so good to sleep like that and wake up rested!!! Lucky you!!!!
Oh I am so jealous of you- it must be beutiful- all springy where you are. And yeah, you stay warm enough where the MG's will reseed- here it is too cold. Your fence is going to be awesome!!!

Sandra- how is Matthew today? Hope he is better.
It seems like the same thing the VA did with your dad. I get that budgets are being cut drastically but this is "health care" for cripes! How can they cut health care???
Thx for your prayers hon!!

Linda P- have fun withthe kids- I bet you love it, no matter how exhausting it is :) And yay for your IL's, I am blessed with awesome IL's too. And thanks for understanding- sometimes I worry that it is just all inmy head- that I am making more of this... so it is good to have some validation!

Merkee- No hard feelings here when people "ignore" me on FB. I do the same on occasion. (Except Mafia Wars LOLOL) And I don;t think there is really any way to know- I got hit with a bunch of Spam friend requests... I just ignored them all.

Like I said to Linda-- I am glad that you ladies don't think I am crazy! LOL

And........

Happy Birthday Hon!!!!

Clara- hope that you are feeling better today- if it is a cold try those garlic pills. Oh wow, that is crazy that you had tested positive. Not to freak you out, but if you think you didn't get enough treatment as a kid and you still have some of those vague symptoms, the bacteria can lay dormant..... keep an eye, K?
There is a research center at Columbia U in NYC.... and a year ago Gary was supposed to be in a research study at NYU, but that fell through. I should look more into it again. Thanks!
Did you hear from your SIL yet? I am hoping that she liked everything!

Kelly- Thx for understanding too- caitlyn had reflux and they covered her Zantac but not her formula. Makes you wonder who is in the insurance co's pocket? Big Pharma?? No, couln't be.... *sarcasm* LOL
Thank you so much for the good thoughts, I treasure them so much! Even if you all cannot be here in NJ, I know that you are thinking of me, and that means so much. Sure I'd love a lasagna too, but your support means so much more!:p

Sally- LOL- no more coffee for you!!! Did you get a good dent in your spring cleaning?
I can't believe they wouldn't cover maternity or the Life Flight-- hello..... "Life" Flight?? What did they expect you to do, walk????
You area doing so good with the Healthy Oo's! Not me... but I am proud of you!

Sara-- good to hear you have nice weather- care to send some to NJ? We are still cold and rainy and 40's,brrrr!

I wish I had enough money to pay my bills, get the healthcare we need and not have to worry.
I wish I had ewnough money to go round the world, grab all of my O-Fam and take them to a quiet island where we can relax and scrap!
I want to be able to get all of my insurance calls done early and easily so maybe I can scrap for real today.

Love to you all!!!!!!

Digi Designz

Hiya Everyone! I have been totally MIA for a bit but I'm back and ready to play!

I hope everyone had a wonderful easter! I know I did all the kiddies just gobbled up all the chocolates and we had a nice family dinner!

Take care and have a wonderful day!

sandracvrt

good morning! wanted to say hi, but today is my busy day... no sooner than breakfast is over and they play a bit we have to have an early lunch because we have ballet at 1:15 p.m. then its back home and Matthew down for a nap quickly before Will gets home at 2:50... I really HATE Wednesdays... I haven't decided if we'll do the summer session yet... in August she'll graduate from this creative movement class to pre-ballet so I may do the summer session... we'll see... lol

Dawn - thanks for the hugs... I do seem to need them lately... love you!

Chris - Matthew seems to be fine... he ran a low grade fever but played and stuff... had no problems eating or anything... guess he could be cutting teeth... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that Rx today!

hi LindaP, Linda, and Alicia!

welcome Becky!

t_a_l_i

Goooooooood morning ladies. :) I think my kids are finally feeling a tad better. Skinny B went 3 days with a pretty bad fever and yesterday it was terrible - at least 103.5 and he refused to eat, refused to play, didn't want to be put down. Cried constantly. It broke my heart. Today he feels a lot better. Everyone still has terrible coughs but are in better spirits.

I keep forgetting to ask - is anyone here doing SUTUCS? It is really challenging me, and I'm loving it. Each week I'm trying a new technique (new to me) and it is just really fun.

Anywhoooooooo. I'm catching up on TV this morning. I'm behind on everything, from Chelsea Lately to Lost to Grey's Anatomy. If it weren't for my DVR I Wouldn't watch TV at all.

Dawn - we are LOVING having you as a guest CheeryO! Isn't it just too fun. :) I'll take a Pepsi and a poptart this morning. ;) Good luck at the meeting, hope the chewing isn't too terrible!!

LindaS - good morning girl! :)

Becky - HI! So glad you joined us! Jump right in - we are a friendly bunch. :)

LindaP - good luck at your meeting! Hope you got a good seat. ;)

Chris - I am so happy to hear that the kiddos had a great appointment! What good news. :) Insurance is so confusing to me, so upsetting. We went through so many issues when we had the boys, and for the surgery we had before they were born. We ran into a lot of trouble b/c we had to go to Cincinnati for the surgery, out of state. Like I wanted to get my pregnant, sick butt on a plane. If someone in our state could do the surgery, we would have stayed home!!! DUH!!

Alicia - hi there! Glad to have you back!

Sandra - Have a great day!

t_a_l_i

Clara - I have a question for ya. You have Epstein Barr? A friend of mine was just diagnosed, like, yesterday. Is that something that you always have? I have no idea of what it is, what it does to the body, how it makes you feel.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
hey girlies!! quick hi for me today...i'm off to take the kids to lessons and do a bit of cavorting with my friend who is also an SU demo. I know today is tax day (we always extend this first deadline! :) ), but in our house it's also payday, so I get to buy the last unit of books tonight for the kids! I'm really happy about that! :) and we won't need as many as the first three, since a lot of them are multi-unit books! :) yay!!

tali, I'm doing SUTUCS...I personally am hating it...LOL!!! not the challenges so much, but the fact that I did it really to win, and my style is not the "trendy, winning style" the judges are looking for. So then of course, I have to look deeper at motivations and all...blah, blah, blah!! heeheeheeheehee!!! Of course I scrap for my family, of course I journal and create for me, too...but I also know that we all love to be told we are the best at something...but when that best is subjective, it's hard to not feel bad when you are not picked...kwim??? anyway, that is totally my rant for the day...I didn't mean to be whiny or crabby. JMHO right now. I almost quit so as not to put myself through it, but I do like the challenges...and i'm a big Apprentice fan, and don't want the Don to call me a quitter!! heehee!!!!

love you all no matter what you think of my pages!! ahahahahahah!!! :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Tali - Epstein Barr is a royal pain in the a$$!!! I was 15/16 when I got it. It is a herpes virus that you supposedly get after you get mono and is very much misunderstood like Lyme disease. Basically, it is like a lesser version of mono that doesn't go away. I was so sick for so long. It decreases your ability to function and wears you out really fast. I had to nap everyday afetr school (in high school this was very uncool). It also breaks down your immune system. I had strep throat 14 times in a year. I finally had to have my tonsils taken out, which helped but I still get strep once in awhile. I used to get strep throat if somebody said it too loudly. Well, not really but it sure seemed like it. I spent my entire Junior year in HS with a low grade fever. It started going awaypart of the way through my senior year of highschool after dealing with it for a couple of years. But the effects of it took about 5 years to really go away. It is hard because there is no real way to treat it, or at least there wasn't back then. Plus doctors don't know what to do with you. It took forever just to get diagnosed. they tested me for everything. Like I said they tested me for Lyme disease just trying to find an answer. After testing negative for everything Epstein Barr was one of the last things on the list. I didn't have it as bad as some people have. I was able to act like a regular kid most of the time. there are people who get up brush their teeth and then have to go back to bed. I had to cut my first period class so that I could sleep in a bit more. It is a hard virus to deal with because people don't understand. They think you are being dramatic, they think your doctor doesn't know what they are talking about (which most of the time after you get the diagnosis they don't), you can't get good treatment, you need to sleep a lot and you have no motivation.

This virus makes a huge change in your life. I went from being a springboard diver thinking about which 4-year college I was going to dive at, to a girl who barely graduated from high school if not for my mother who was diligent and hounded the principal and my teachers to come up with ways for me to pass my classes. One last thing here...one thing that makes it difficult is that doctors try and treat your symptoms. For instance...I was depressed. Go figure. I couldn't do anything, so I got sent to a psychiatrist who started to treat me for bi-polar disorder which I didn't have but the meds made me crazy, because they were the wrong ones for me, so I smoked a lot of stuff i shouldn't have to counteract the effects of the meds and it was just a bad cycle.

So, that is my Epstein Barr Story. If your friend has any questions about it or needs to ask questions to someone who understands send her my way.

Merkee

Thanks everyone for the facebook info yesterday. It is good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't play and also that I won't upset anyone by ignoring. ;)

Thanks for the belated bday wishes Sally. You made me laugh. :)

Dawn, I'm feeling much better. A little gunshy about the back, but I'm back in business. :) Thanks! Pepsi and poptarts ick...lol I did have a strawberry poptart and coffee though. :)

Hi Linda.

Welcome Becky! :)

Hi Linda P. You are one busy lady.

Hi Chris! That's great news on the kids progress.

Hi Alicia!

Hi Sandra, that's great that Matthew is feeling better. I bet it is teeth.

Hi Tali, what is SUTUCS? Sounds like an exercise program from Sally's hate for it. lol

Wow Clara, that Epstein Barr sounds like an awful thing to have. Yay for your mom.

Have a good day all!
Merk

Last edited by a moderator:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning all. I just used up all my energy telling Tali about my oh so fun illness. Lol!! Maybe not all of it. I think I have a little bit more in me. I decided to stay home today and sleep. Yay for sleep. I have decided that I not only am dealing with allergies but I think I also have the crud that's been going around that Addie had pretty bad last week. Not fun. Yes Chris, I know I should take garlic pills. I'm just really bad about it. If I go to the store today I may actually buy some. I hear you say it all the time and I just need to put it into action.

Today I am supposed to have my small group but I think I am going to have to bail. One of the girls has a sister with brain cancer who has zero immune system and I don't want to be the reason she can't see her sister. I would feel horrible about that. She's dealing with so much as it is I don't want to make things worse. We'll see. I'm really not doing too bad I just think I need a day of rest. We are always so "Go! Go! Go!" all the time that we get sick and never have time to catch our breath.

Oh, did I tell youguys I have decided to take my dh skydiving for Father's Day. I have never had any desire to go but decided that it would be better to be with him than to send him to go. I am scared to death about it. I am pretty sure I have told you guys about my friend who died in a crash that was a skydiver and I remember him talking about it. His whole family was into it. The rest of them still are. It was so important to him and the other 9 people who died in the crash that their ashes were released during a jump. So, that really motivated me a little bit too. So, it is all set up now. My brother is going too along with some of his friends. I want to get my sister to go but I don't t hink she will. We'll see. whatever the case I am scared to death and I have 2 months to think about it. i'm surprising Derek with it so he has no time to freak out, not that he would since it is on his list of things to do.

Anyway...

dawn - Pepsi in the morning?? Not my usual, but it has been known to happen in the past. Good luck in your meeting. I hope it was good instead of just a tongue lashing like that is always necessary. The clinic I work at is like that too. I'm glad I only work there and not for them.

hi LindaS!!

LindaP - I hope the meetings aren't too mundane. Maybe somebody can make them a little better than a giant nap fest.

Hi Becky!! Welcome. Grab a cup of coffe and make yourself at home.

Chris - I tested negative for Lyme. My doctor was reaching when he tested me. People in WA don't generally get Lyme (not that nobody does-just very very few). Selita hasn't contacted me about her package yet. It could be a few days. Their internet is hit and miss. The satelite/antenna they have is nailed to a tree or something crazy like that. I am sure she probably loved it though. i'm still irritated with my hubby for not making sure she got it before he left. that was his only job. He's a brat. he brought me home a cool wool purse though. i'm glad your kids' appts went well and I hope that everything goes well the rx.

Hi Alicia!!

Tali - poor baby!! I'm glad everyone is starting to feel better.

Sally - Yay for payday. I hope you get yyour taxes done soon. I always get mine done really early because we set ours up specifically to get a refund back every year so tax season is exciting for us. I hope you have a good time with your friend.

Well, I am off to nap. I love sleep. I wish i could sleep all day long at least once a week. It would be even better if Ethan would snuggle up next to me and sleep too. Monday after he got home from Alaska he woke up really upset, not wanting to wake up and suggested staying home all day and sleeping. Do you know tempted I was to keep him home and sleep all day? Yesterday he was so sweet. He forgot his lunch so I took it to him at school. He said thanks and gave me a hug and kiss in front of his whole class. I love that he loves his momma.

I think I have more than made up for yesteday now. Everyone have a good day and I am off for a nap.

t_a_l_i

Merkee - SUTUCS is a scrapping contest hosted by Shabby Pickle and After 5. It is 6 weeks long, with a different challenge each week. This week is week 4.

Sally - I totally get that. I could tell after the first week that my style wasn't going to be a winner for any of the weeks. I figured out you were in the contest ... I saw a layout and I immediately knew it was by you from the beautiful girl in the photo. ;) But, I'm having fun with it. The challenges are interesting, for sure. My problem is that I don't have many products by either shop, and I'm trying not to purchase anything right now since we spent so much money getting to Vegas. Anyway, it is pushing me which I like. :)

Clara - thanks for the info. My friend (I should use that term more loosely - I went to high school with her and worked with her while I was in college, and started to catch up with her on Facebook) has been sick for awhile and they just figured out what she has. I imagine she has a long road ahead of her. She said that her spleen is enlarged so she has to be careful. And she said her docs said she should start feeling better in about a month. I hope for her sake she does. I am so sorry you went through all that in high school. Do you feel the effects now?

LindaPete

LindaP - good luck at your meeting! Hope you got a good seat. ;)

Tali - I was the first one there and got the absoulte back row! :)

Bamm

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to pop in and say high for a few days now but things are just falling apart left and right. The custody battle with Mario's parents is just insane. Then we had some issues with Mario's court stuff. And then, yesterday, Mario's 10 year old cousin Alex, lost his battle with leukemia.

It's been a very stressful 2 weeks. I feel like I'm so tired all the time because my mind can't stop racing.

But this week is spring break and I have 2 little ones to look after. Somehow I turned in to a day care provider.

I miss you all and I'll be back soon enough.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
kay!!!! HUGE hugs, doll!!! I'm still on yahoo, babe, if you ever need to talk...sallykeller814...

:)

snappy2003

Evening gals!

Tali and Sally-I did one layout for SUTUCS...then the second week had trouble getting my layout posted and finally gave up. It was fun seeing all of the layouts but pretty obvious that there were a select few that were extremely talented and would be winning...def not me! Did y'all see that layout with the camera and all the things in the lens? It was just phenomenal~~~WOW! I saw lots of things I want to scraplift LOL!

Hi Sandra, Merkee, Linda P, Linda S! Welcome Becky!! Hi Alicia!!! Hey Chris!!

Clara-I sure hope you feel better, big, big (((Hugs))). Here's some Tylenol, OJ, chicken soup, and good Puffs tissues with Lotion just in case :).

My meeting actually went well this morning, my boss passed out stickers, hahaha, that said things like 'fantastic', 'good job', etc, and we actually discussed instead of just got talked at. I can't recall ever having a meeting such as that. My boss stresses me out so much that I recently had a dream that she was reprimanding me for giving a shot of penicillin to someone who was allergic to it, something I can't imagine I would do unless the patient hadn't told he/she was allergic. My punishment?? She took a needle and poked into my eye over and over again. I told her about this today while we were all relaxed and laughing, I'm not the only one who
is a 'little' stressed at work.

And yes, everyone, I drink Pepsi in the mornings, I don't like coffee, ugh. However, I've got to get off of the caffeine, somehow. My migraines are killing me, well, getting to me. Like aagghh, bout didn't make it through today, nausea, light sensitivity, ugh. Course I need to get my glasses updated, too....Has anyone got an idea as to how to add hours to the week?? I need about 2 more days per wk LOL.

Everyone, have a great night...I gotta get my taxes done, LOL ;)

NicosMommy

Hey girls just checking in!!

Ran around today, played outside with Nico for quite a while ...... it was beautiful out and this kid just wants to GO GO GO!!!!! anyway just put him into bed and im just sitting down. Looks like there was lots of chatter today!

Clara Im so sorry you had to deal with all of that in HS.....does it still affect you?

Dawn - crazy dreams!!! Hope the taxes went ok...I didn't get butt stuck today...lol but I may tonight!!! he he

Hey Sally, Linda S, Merkee, LindaP...Hope everyone had a good day!!

Tali...how is everyone over there? I cant keep track! Hope the fevers are gone!!! And..I was wondering what that SUC>>>whatever was.....I was like ummmmm Scrap UnTill U Collapse Seriously?? lol I hadnt head about it but I'm going to check it out just to see what the deal was.....

Welcome Becky!!!

Hey Chris - i love to grocery shop when its not crowded...like an early Tuesday morning seems goo dhere ....hate when youre pushing your way thru...uugghh so annoying! Hope your day was good!

Kbamm....holy drama! So sorry you are dealing with so much right now! Sending hugs to you!

Hi ME

Not sure if im forgetting anyone but hope everyone had a great day!!!

petey111

Hi all. Very busy day. Hugs to all who need them. Laughs and ice cream for for those who need that.

Love you all...check in better tomorrow!