Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, November 22

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey there, O-Fam!
I got a rough start to my day. The coffee pot didn't start and there was no coffee!!!! To add insult to injury, it needs to be cleaned and takes forever to brew all 14 cups. It made me sad.
20034170-283917063_47-s5-v1.png

But it finally brewed and I inhaled 2 mugs as fast as I could.
I finished the shawl yesterday! It's a little shorter than the pattern since I ran out of yarn. I was 3-4 stitches away from the end of the row and there was no way I could finish it, so that row got ripped out. The shawl is also thicker than the pattern so I think I need to put a button on it so it stays around her neck. I am going to have to pick Eva's brain -- or anyone else who has a suggestion- of where/how to place it. I'll try to get some pics late today.

I also popped into the new grocery store. They had some decent prices on produce but the rest of the store was pretty expensive. But I'll pay the extra if I need to get anything at the last minute and don't want to deal with the people at the other supermarket. I really hope that they make it.
I am off to clean for my friend this morning, then I need to figure out what to do about dinner. I have to finish the food order before I leave this morning too. I should do that as soon as I am done here before I forget/lose track of time.

(who me? I would never do that.
Wait? Do what?
LOL)

Wishing all of you a fantastic day!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'd put the button in the tip of the shawl. Then she could use any V-stitch hole as the button hole.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Did you do anything special for John yesterday? And a C-section-- you might not have done the hard work with the expelling/extraction (how's that for descriptive? ;) ) but the post-op stuff while caring for a newborn-- that is hero material!

@BrightEyes have a wonderful time with your sister!! And Happy birthday!!!!!!
Annnd Happy Thanksgiving!! ♥♥♥

@LSlycord yippeeeeee for having the kids all home and together!!
What a sweet comment from Syd about how she learned to cook from you, and what a brat Shaun is for saying you gotta work on the presentation hahahahaha!! Your kids crack me up.
I hear you about not being able to drive in the dark, I've never been good with that and it's only getting worse. I feel like I should bookmark these threads so that in 2024 we can look back and say how fast time went by

@vickyday cute new avatar!!!! Great idea but the pickles are all opened.
LOL-ing that mark is the same way as Scot with throwing out food. *all choked up over how your DH couldn't read the message from the pulpit about your DD!
How is Mark feeling, any better? Have a fun and safe trip to DDs!!

@bcgal00 you and Jen haven't had a girl's day together in a while, that must have been a really good time together.
Taz has jammies!! Oh my Gawd, Taz must be soooooo cute in PJs!!
I bet you will think of B every time you wear that new coat, I hope that she can see you in it and is happy

@Cherylndesigns Good luck to Steph at the Dr today. Does she get stitches/staples out or any other good stuff?
Right?? I can't walk and talk at the same time, how do kids these days (TM) Facetime and game??

better get going! xoxoxo
#kiss3

tanteva

That's a fantastic idea, I am thinking a big, chunky wooden one.
View attachment 383959
(this means I am going to have to go and buy a button. And then sew it. Ick. I hate buttons)
If you pick a big button you might have to make a button hole. I would go with a button that will fit in the holes of the pattern, then you get a very versatile shawl. Especially if you add a button in each corner.

LSlycord

Good morning! It's 58* and overcast this morning. Going to 70* for a high. I'll take it. Spent lots of time yesterday with Sydney sitting next to me on the sofa...doing nothing. We were all snuggled together and it was perfect. This morning, Sydney FaceTimed me from her room...good grief. She finally made it downstairs and snuggled with me for a bit on the lanai. Happy, happy Mama!

Today is full of stuff to do. I need to figure out what I can prep in advance for dinner. I have never had this much time off before Thanksgiving so now I'm needing to figure out how to do this and create a little less stress for myself.

@faerywings glad that the new grocery store is promising. Sorry about waking up with no coffee...that's a tough way to start a day! Especially when you have so much on your plate today.

@vickyday when do you leave for your daughter's house? Is Mark feeling better? And you still haven't caught it?

@BrightEyes it makes me smile thinking of you sitting with your sister this morning and chatting over morning coffee.

@bcgal00 hope that you and Jen had fun yesterday. I'm sure that you did. Any luck with the stove or are you now on a mission to find a replacement?

@Cherylndesigns thinking about you and Steph this morning as she heads to the doctor's appointment! Hoping that everyone feels well enough for Thanksgiving with friends on Thursday. And who is cooking back in Oklahoma?

Off to sort out my plan for cooking Thanksgiving. Have a good day all.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@tanteva Did you do anything special for John yesterday? And a C-section-- you might not have done the hard work with the expelling/extraction (how's that for descriptive? ;) ) but the post-op stuff while caring for a newborn-- that is hero material!

@BrightEyes have a wonderful time with your sister!! And Happy birthday!!!!!!
Annnd Happy Thanksgiving!! ♥♥♥

@LSlycord yippeeeeee for having the kids all home and together!!
What a sweet comment from Syd about how she learned to cook from you, and what a brat Shaun is for saying you gotta work on the presentation hahahahaha!! Your kids crack me up.
I hear you about not being able to drive in the dark, I've never been good with that and it's only getting worse. I feel like I should bookmark these threads so that in 2024 we can look back and say how fast time went by

@vickyday cute new avatar!!!! Great idea but the pickles are all opened.
LOL-ing that mark is the same way as Scot with throwing out food. *all choked up over how your DH couldn't read the message from the pulpit about your DD!
How is Mark feeling, any better? Have a fun and safe trip to DDs!!

@bcgal00 you and Jen haven't had a girl's day together in a while, that must have been a really good time together.
Taz has jammies!! Oh my Gawd, Taz must be soooooo cute in PJs!!
I bet you will think of B every time you wear that new coat, I hope that she can see you in it and is happy

@Cherylndesigns Good luck to Steph at the Dr today. Does she get stitches/staples out or any other good stuff?
Right?? I can't walk and talk at the same time, how do kids these days (TM) Facetime and game??

better get going! xoxoxo
#kiss3
Thanks! I have the app bitmoji. I thought that would go along with my attitude of gratitude theme for the month. I already have the one for December saved and ready to upload!
I know the pickles are open! If you set them out for Thanksgiving, maybe someone will try some and you can offer for them to take them home! Other than that, just do what I do.....hide them in the trash, lol! ;)
Mark is feeling better some. Thanks!
Hope the rest of your day goes better!
#kiss3

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning! It's 58* and overcast this morning. Going to 70* for a high. I'll take it. Spent lots of time yesterday with Sydney sitting next to me on the sofa...doing nothing. We were all snuggled together and it was perfect. This morning, Sydney FaceTimed me from her room...good grief. She finally made it downstairs and snuggled with me for a bit on the lanai. Happy, happy Mama!

Today is full of stuff to do. I need to figure out what I can prep in advance for dinner. I have never had this much time off before Thanksgiving so now I'm needing to figure out how to do this and create a little less stress for myself.

@faerywings glad that the new grocery store is promising. Sorry about waking up with no coffee...that's a tough way to start a day! Especially when you have so much on your plate today.

@vickyday when do you leave for your daughter's house? Is Mark feeling better? And you still haven't caught it?

@BrightEyes it makes me smile thinking of you sitting with your sister this morning and chatting over morning coffee.

@bcgal00 hope that you and Jen had fun yesterday. I'm sure that you did. Any luck with the stove or are you now on a mission to find a replacement?

@Cherylndesigns thinking about you and Steph this morning as she heads to the doctor's appointment! Hoping that everyone feels well enough for Thanksgiving with friends on Thursday. And who is cooking back in Oklahoma?

Off to sort out my plan for cooking Thanksgiving. Have a good day all.
The plan is to leave Thursday morning at 10 for DD's house. We may get a wild hair and leave late Wednesday evening, however! But that would depend on the weather! I'm not traveling in snow at night!
Mark is feeling some better. I really think the reason I haven't caught anything from him is that it is a sinus infection and not really a cold. Sinus infections can make you feel pretty lousy and you sound like you have a cold! I'm just thanking the Lord I haven't caught it and it wasn't COVID!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
GOOD Morning to everyone! All I got to say, the Rascals said many years ago........

It's a beautiful morning, ah
I think I'll go outside for a while
And just smile
Just take in some clean fresh air, boy
No sense in staying inside
If the weather's fine and you've got the time
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day
Either way

It's a beautiful morning, ah
Each bird keeps singing his own song
So long
I've got to be on my way now
No fun just hanging around
I got to cover ground
You couldn't keep me down
It just ain't no good if the sun shines
When you're still inside
Shouldn't hide
Still inside
Shouldn't hide
Still inside, shouldn't hide.
Oh, oh, oh
Ooh-ah-ah
Ooh-ah-ah

There will be children with robins and flowers
Sunshine caresses each new waking hour
Seems to me that people keep seeing more and more each day
Gotta say, lead the way
It's okay, brand new day
Gotta say, it's okay
Brand new day, gotta say, lead the way
Oh, oh, oh
Ooh-ah-ah
Oh, oh, oh
Ooh-ah-ah
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh
Ooh-ah-ah
Oh...
Ooh-ah-ah
Oh, oh, oh

I am headed out to get some supplies for a painting party with the kids (and moms) while visiting with my DD this weekend! And gotta drop DH's sandwich off to him that he forgot to take with him this morning!

Have a GREAT day! May the sunshine follow you along the way! ;)
#kiss3

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. D and I have an appt this morning for shots, he gets a flu shot and I get the 2nd booster and flu shot. So I will be expecting to feel a bit crappy for a few days, from what I hear that is expected, but it's worth it if it helps my immunity to any degree. So I expect the afternoon to be a quiet one.

We got the xmas stuff out from the storage area. It was so easy. The storage here is the width of the media room, with big shelves so everything is easy to find, easy to get at. Not like our old house with the under the stairs storage that was cramped and awkward to get into, you had to bend over or squat down to get into the back of it. Plus we had gotten rid of all the village stuff (must have had about 5 big bins) but I don't even remember that. So there is much less to pull out. Jen said we agreed to get rid of all the village stuff b/c it was always Bailey's thing and she loved to put it together which we would find to painful to do now. She is right, I just don't remember doing that. But of course many things were a blur in those first few months after her passing and then with the purging, packing and moving, things were going at a crazy speed.

So I will easily go thru the bins to find what I want to use. The new decorations are all ready to open up and use. Putting up the tree tomorrow with Jen will be fun. She is looking forward to it and that makes me happy. I have a few decorations put up in the main area, very subtle but there if you look. I'll be taking photos and scrapping about decor at some point over the season.

I think I'll be relaxing this afternoon and finishing up my book before the lending period is up (tomorrow is the last day).

@faerywings Too bad the new store is pricier. Our prices keep skyrocketing too. I keep looking for sales to save a few cents here and there but our sales are pretty lame usually.

@LSlycord Enjoy your time with S. Hope you get everything you need for your upcoming T meal.

@vickyday Glad that M is feeling better. That song is playing in my head now :)

Both dogs are tired. Jen took them out yesterday which she hasn't done for ages, usually it is me taking all the dogs out together. She must have run them hard at the park b/c Remi took herself up to bed at 9 last night (we stayed up til after 10) but she came down when I called for her to come outside to go to the bathroom before bed. Now both dogs have been sleeping on the couch for the last hour which never happens. I am enjoying the peace :) Have a good day everyone.

tanteva

but the post-op stuff while caring for a newborn-- that is hero material!

For real: it didn't occur to me until a couple of years later that it was an operation. LOL We were talking at work how many operation everyone had done, and when it was my turn, I said none. Then one of the others said "Wasn't John delivered by c-section?", and I just ... "yeah???". They all looked at me like I was an idiot. LOL First time it occured to me it was an operation. LOL

jokes-smart-blonde.jpg

Feels like I've made a bargain today (but not really, since I spent money on something I really don't need, but anyway LOL). You might remember I decided not to buy any yarn in 2022, with the exception that I would be allowed to get me an advent calendar from the on-line yarn shop that I bought one from last year. I really enjoyed opening my little box every Advent Sunday last year.

So ... the calendar arrived in shop a couple of weeks ago. Super expensive. But I remembered I bought it on sale last year, so I was waiting for it to come on sale. And it did yesterday. But then I started thinking. The cost for the calendar on sale was 769 SEK [US$72] - still a lot of money. Last year I got about 100 grams of yarn in each box (plus things like buttons, pom poms and stuff to make the intended project). Lets say generously that I got a total of 500 grams of yarn last year.

In the shop they also have grab bags of yarn (acrylic - my prefered yarn since I tend so sneeze when I knit with wool) - 500 grams of yarn for 169 SEK (US$16). So .... I skipped the calendar boxes, and ordered 4 of them grab bags instead - one for each Advent Sunday. I will get soooo much yarn. (like 40 skeins). I'm getting like 4 times the amount of yarn for less money. Felt like a genius!

#clap

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all.

Steph's dr appt went well yesterday and he thinks she's doing as well as can be expected. She goes to the surgeon Monday, the day before I leave. Not sure why she's going to two different doctors, but it was good news yesterday. It was her primary who just wanted to check in, which was nice of him.

I'm on bath duty tonight - I just got Asher in the tub and hopefully, he'll soak for a bit. First time he went in, he said the water wasn't deep enough. LOL We have to get up early and out the door tomorrow - have to be at their friend's house at 11.

Linda @LSlycord I just talked to Adrienne, and they all decided to go to Golden Corral tomorrow and get their Thanksgiving meal there. Tomorow is also Alyssa's birthday so hopefully, they'll celebrate her bd too.

Chris @faerywings I have NO idea how these kids FT and play games at the same time. I yi yi yi,

Happy Turkey Day to everybody!

thumbnail (9).png