Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday March 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning!
What a gorgeous day we had yesterday in NJ. It was close to 60* Very nice weather to walk to the bus. I was glad that I got to do that, since I had to wait for 2 hours for my dr appt.
She apologized- had a patient with a big emergency- BTDT with Lyme- one minute fine,then next total chaos.... so I was not bothered to wait. And I got a pretty good report- she says my flare-ups are getting less strong and is seeing improvement between flares yay!
Bad news is that she says my back is in some major spasms. I can go to PT (nope) get massages (wish I could, but nope) or do stretching/back exercises at home (bummer- but that is how it is going to have to be;) )

I had Caitlyn show me some of her stretches she does for gymnastics. Man-- she is so flexible even after being out of gymn. for 2 years! Me-- stiff as a board ROTF!

Scott had a good day back at school- came home very happy- it is soooooo amazingly good to see him "back"-- to see the real Scott again. The happy, kind Scott. (shhh don't tellhim I said that, he'll deny it LOL)

Tip on Tuesday-
anyone have a good one?
I have my thinking cap on- I'll see if I can think of one :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda W--sounds like your Sunday was perfect! Congrats on GSO!!!

Andrea Nyx- good luck with the dr. Try not to stress!!

Laurie- ugh about the dishwasher. But to me, that is a necessity!

Linda S- hi babe!!!

Clara!!!!! We missed youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!! Get those pics up so we can see!!!

Love to you all!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
morning all - quick fly by

another sunny day on tap- 10 min walk around the building at lunch to perk me up after eating.

Chris- have you thought about yoga for stretching- a good yoga teacher will help you work within your abilities- help you to learn to move within your limits and gradually change your flexibility (this coming from a PT) I think there are many ways to achieve the same results and not every way works for every person. I learned so much when I took yoga- not the must be able to tie yourself in knots yoga, but the learn your body and poses don't overdo yoga.

Okay off soapbox- it was getting lonely up there. Off to work- back later- I need to create this week and the juices are not flowing

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies!! I am glad to be back - ish!! I loved the sunshine, the naps, food, black out curtains, seeing new places, but missed my bed, my daughter and just my space in general. I could very well live on a cruise ship though. I don't like cleaning up after myself now though. Blah!!

So, I'll tell you about my trip briefly. I will be blogging and putting pics up on FB in the next day or two so watch for that. So, we went to 3 places out of Miami. We took the red eye, which totally sucked and I wouldn't suggest that to anyone. It throws off your first day. But it happens when going from one corner to the other of the US. So after a couple of days at sea we got to Cozumel. We did zip lines there at a resort, so it wasn't going through the trees or anything. If and when I go back I want to zipline through the jungle. It was a lot of fun though and we got to snorkel, which I have never done before. I saw Cynthia's resort, although we didn't have a chance to go check it out. Lots of shopping to do in a short amount of time and I wanted to get away from the dock to do it so we went downtown and had some horrible mexican food. I was bummed about that. DH wants to go back for some scuba diving, so I think he is officially sold on a future trip. I do have to say, Feb/March is also a great time to go if anyone wants to rethink October.

Next we went to Grand Cayman. That ended up being awesome. I set up a private charter, not through the ship. All the boating tours through the ship were cancelled because of a storm and we tendered on the opposite side of the island because of a storm that had made the waters really choppy. Because it was a private charter it wasn't cancelled and we ended up being the only boat in the water. The water wasn't ideal for snorkeling but it was still gorgeous and the sail boat was awesome. We did get to play with the stingrays. I found out they can't sting when they swim. Good to know. The sandbar was closed so we went to an area that was about 8 feet deep instead of 3. It made it harder to swim with them and they were freaky. One of them decided it had a crush on dh and sucked onto his back and gave him a little hickey. Ethan thought it was cool that the captain said they felt like and looked like portobello mushrooms. He wouldn't get in the water but touched on with his foot. I swam with them a little but they were freaky. I've decided that they are aliens from another planet. Then we went to a coral reef. I tried really hard to snorkel but because of the rough water and my inexperience on snorkeling I got a little ways from the boat and said no way, along with another girl in our group. So the guys all went together instead. Next time we will be getting the good snorkels. So I didn't get to see the coral reef so I plan on it in Cozumel. Now I have to decide if I want to learn to scuba dive. that would be even cooler. The water was nice. Later when we asked Ethan his favorite part, of all things he came up with drinking a soda. He's such a goober.

Our last stop was Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I love Jamaica and would live there forever if I could. It is gorgeous and they sound so cool when they talk. We went to Dunns River Falls with Ethan and did the hike up the falls. It was awesome. If you ever go there definitely do the falls. The one thing I didn't like about Jamaica were the vendors. I would have loved to walk through the craft market on our way out of the falls but the vendors are so agressive. One of them was trying to sell ethan a turtle, but when I asked him if he wanted to spend his only money on the turtle he said no way. We left all of our money on the bus so we couldn't really buy anything, but of course then we had no tip money for our falls guide, oops. We got her some though, so that was good. Then we headed to a beach and drank lots of mojitos and ate jamaican food. The water was gorgeous and we had a great time.

So, that was my trip in a nutshell. There was lots more, like me wearing goggles to the dinner table (I had to finish the alcohol we had on the last day), fancy dinners, hanging out with friends and family, etc. I'll put more on my blog, like I said, when I have pics to go with it. I'll let you know when I do that.

Getting home was great and horrible. Our house was all painted and looks awesome, although there are a few things I'm not thrilled that he didn't finish, like filling in holes and stuff. But our cat also has been sick and our house was nasty to say the least. There was poo everywhere. So our first 2 hours home we were taking care of that. I have a vet appt tomorrow and we're getting the carpets cleaned next week. It is long overdue.

I am super excited today because my dh is finally working again at a 2nd job. He doesn't work a lot but enough to help us out on some things, and pay down our debt. Can't wait until all we have is a car payment and my student loan. Step one of debt payoff.

Okay, I have to head off to work. I'm glad to be back. I've missed you guys.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Chris - I'm with Laurie about the yoga. It will help stretch and strengthen. The YMCA might be a good way to go. they offer a lot of classes and it isn't very expensive. If we had a YMCA closer I would be all over it. It is free for us because we're a military family. They have a lot of great programs like that. The YMCA is awesome like that. Something to check into.

hondachicc

Well, after coming here twice this morning, and then having to get right off the computer, I have finally been able to come post a little!!! Busy busy day!!!

I am so totally in awe of how gorgeous the weather has been the last few days!!! especially yesterday and today!!! NO MORE SNOW on the ground and kids out playing and the windows open!!!

So now both of my babies are eating three meals a day...and I swear I do nothing but FEED them!!! Time for food...oops now it's time for bottles....They both like to eat!!!! They are both pretty chunky too...neither of them are sitting up yet...LOL!! Too round!!!

I better run...I will pop back in tonight to do some personals!!!!!!

LaughingSun

yay!!! Clara is back, hurray!

man, it's been crazy today even though today is our lazy day. spent the morning working with JenY doing a remodel on my other food intolerance/allergy blog. it's just about done, I'll post about it when it's finished :)

got Myles to school, Kylie up to nap, had a quick lunch then worked the whole rest of the time til I had to pick up Myles. Now I'm feeding them & off to get Myles to TKD. then to get a few groceries & my RX, then back home to get the kids to bed & finish off work. I've been really really low on scrapbooking funds lol so it's nice to have the work.

and I have a whole bunch of scrapping to do before my parents get here... 7 more sleeps, hurray!

oh ya, 1 more thing. Doc said no jumping or heavy lifting so I guess that means TKD is out for a while. bummer b/c I think they're testing for a belt real soon :( I guess I'll just be going to the gym & riding the bike like crazy and doing light weights. will have to talk to a trainer there and ask what I can do. I go for the physio on the 18th (so my parents are here to watch the kids) so I'll have to take it easy til then, poo!

ok, off to get a bit to eat then run around some more.

hugs all, miss chatting like I used to!