Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, January 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, lovely Ooos.
I am sorry that I have sad news to share. Cheryl emailed me last night to let me know that Chuck passed away yesterday morning. It was peaceful and the family had time to say goodbye. She asked me to tell you the news and to say that she misses us.

Instead of my commentary on silly mishaps and general crankiness, I want to open up this space to reflect on friendship, courage, and the ability to see the light in everything. That is how Cheryl looks at all of this and shares with us every day.

I have said it before, but at times like this, I feel it cannot be said enough. I treasure all of you so very much. I appreciate the support you give this group and the laughter you share with us. I know deep in my heart that Cheryl will feel the love and support we send her today.

:grouphugyay:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, no.... my heart is aching for Cheryl and the family. There are no words that can ease the suffering and pain that she is feeling right now. @Cherylndesigns just know that we are thinking of you and the family during this heartbreaking time. Sending our love and support to you as you begin this journey, Remember Chuck and say his name often. He will live on in your heart and soul. We love you and hope you can feel the love we are sending your way. :grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh NO! My mouth flew open in surprise when I read this! @Cherylndesigns I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss! I know from experience how much it hurts! My prayers are with you and your family as you grieve over the loss of your DH! I'm so glad it was a peaceful transition! His body is gone, but his soul, spirit, and memory will live on in your hearts! May the Lord comfort you as only He can during this time! Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. And know that all of us here send our love, prayers and thoughts to you and your family! :grouphugyay::praying2:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I can hardly believe this!! My jaw hit the floor when I read this sad news @Cherylndesigns What a shock this must be for you and your whole family!! Please know that we all love you here and we send you our deepest condolences!! Please remember this ...
Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories and your Chuck will be with you always in your heart and your memories!! :grouphugyay:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Sending you and your family lots of positive thoughts and support as you deal with everything Cheryl. We are all here for you to lean on in the coming months as you navigate this new path without your beloved Chuck, but as already said by many, he will always be by your side! Love you sweet lady! ♥ :hug2:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my sweet, sweet friends. I'm crying now as I read all of your heartfelt condolences. I'm alone for the first time since my beloved Chuck was finally transported to the funeral home and we saw him for the last time. He passed away peacefully, in his own bed, as was his deepest wish, about 7 AM, to the best of our knowledge. I laid with him until about 4 AM, couldn't go to sleep, got up and was wide awake. Steph was wide awake too, so I fixed us some Sleepy Time Tea. She talked me into going into my bedroom and trying to sleep, which i did. She checked on Chuck about seven am and was pretty sure he was gone. She called Roger, who came right down and confirmed it.

Chuck never wanted any fanfare - he always took care of others. We had quite a fanfare yesterday because they couldn't get to us due to an ice storm. About 3 o'clock, after many attempts by different units to get to us, the county dispatched salt trucks to our property to salt the roads so they could finally get up here.

I love you all and thank you for your concern and good wishes. I'm going to get off of here now and try to answer some emails, phone calls, etc. I've suddenly been inundated with a lot of his old friends and coworkers and it's been heartwarming to know how loved he was.:brokenheart::brokenheart::heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

PS: There will be NO funeral, per his wishes and we made all of the arrangements today for his cremation. So, we just wait for all of the loose ends to be tied up with the state now. We are putting together an online memory page and will do a tribute to Chuck's life, plus enable people to leave comments and upload pictures and other memories. I'll let you all know when the link is available.

LOVE all of you,
Cheryl

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns I don't know what to say except that I am so very sorry. I pray that the memories and love of family will keep you going through this difficult time. In all of the grief, I pray that you can console each other. Much love coming your way from Florida.

anke55

CHEERY O
I am so sorry to read this, Cheryl!! Even if expected, it still is such a huge loss and great change. Sending you hugs and prayers for yourself and your family!! It sounds like you have a lot of support which is wonderful!! Hang in there!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
What sad news to hear! My prayers are with you, Cheryl, as you move through this part of your life.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Chery, I am heartbroken to hear your dear husband passed away! I am thankful that you were all able to say goodbye but also know your hearts are broken. You are on my heart and in my prayers.

zanthia

CHEERY O
cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband > my heart is breaking for you - sending you and your family lots of love and hugs. You are very fortunate to have so much support .

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@Cherylndesigns Darling! I wish I knew what to say - times like this I really struggle to find the right words in English. But I guess - no matter the language it's impossible to express feelings in words. Just take this HUG and wrap it around you. Wish I could do more, but I'm with you in my thoughts.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Darling! I wish I knew what to say - times like this I really struggle to find the right words in English. But I guess - no matter the language it's impossible to express feelings in words. Just take this HUG and wrap it around you. Wish I could do more, but I'm with you in my thoughts.
Thank you so much for your hugs and love, Eva. They're the same in any language and you don't know how much your message means to me. :hug2: