Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday January 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is a Tuesday- but it feels like a Monday. After a three day weekend, I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I am off to get my two grumpy kids up and at 'em, but I wanted to start our thread and say "hey" :D

LaurieW

lOve the O!
hey right back at you Chris- I should be showered and dressed for work- umm but hanging at the O was lots more fun. Guess I should get going- no 3 day weekend for me- we did not get the day off- we only get 5 paid holidays off- oh well- It pays for my goodies so I shall not complain!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Cait is up and sort of ready to go in the shower. How is it that she has been running around non-stop since Friday night, and now, she wakes up and "doesn't feel good."

Not much going on here today. I have to go food shopping which is going to be fun (sarcasm) b/c I am flaring today. Total pain head to toe, but mostly on my right side- right hip/knee/ankle . It is so odd.... LOL Definitely a pain pill day. Hate that, but what can you do?
Scott's tutor is here today to. He gets such a kick out of her. She know he loves penguins, soo one day she brought him a penguin toy, yesterday she dropped off his HW and it had a penguin sticker. LOL

I have to catch up on my p356 blogging. I have the pics all caught up but I haven't blogged them in a while. I'd better try to get that done because I am working the next 3 days.

Personals:

Lori! Good to see you and your pots :)

Andrea B- Good thing I had a decent day yesterday, since I am dragging my butt today haha! That is cool about your house party- we needed an excuse to get hanging out with friends again, but I think I'll do another one again. Like you said- cool way to get free stuff.
Glad you have your hell week over, hope that each day gets better for you. How awful for Vince. I hope that it can get resolved easily.
Does Genny have that sensory disorder/issue? I cannot remember the name of it, but one of the women I used to clean for- her DD had it. I know she had a book that she read from all of the time. The woman is my SIL's best friend, so if you want, I can email her and find out more about it.

AndreaNyx- I never had that dizzy feeling with Zoloft. I did with Lexapro- really bad. Are you starting out at a really small dose and working your way up? Gary is very drug-sensitive and that is what he has to do. I am currently switching form Zoloft to wellbutrin and I am not having any issues coming off it either. Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Sally- you are toooo cool! A Mustang convertible!! Sa-weeeeet! (Don't get any speeding tix! LOL)

Clara- ROTF! All men are dorks, but yes, we love them anyway! hahah! Good to hear that you had a good day!
Did I ever answer you about the house party? If you go to House Party.com you should be able to sign up. I got an email from them b/c I am part of Kraft Foods First Taste (sign up for that too if you can- you can get a free Kraft foods product every month :) )

Linda W!!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurieW- hi! Hope you had a great day too.

we haven't done any of our "special" things for each day in along time. LindaW had a great Me me Monday- which made me think of it.

Tips of Tuesday- anyone have a good one?
My tip- try and sign up at those 2 sites I just mentioned to Clara, let me know of you can't find them. Free stuff is always good :)

Also if any of you use ACDSee Photo Manager, you can use F2 to rename your files. I always had to right click- then I saw F2 does the same thing- I love shortcuts!

Lori Potts

hola ladies!!

Chris big hugs to you I will be sending feel good vibes all day!! ((hugs))

Just dropping by fir a hello! I am gonna try to have a productive day with the kiddos and go grocery shopping!!

hondachicc

Okay...my personals are definately first!!! LOL!! I have just bad!! I get busy with these babies and then just never get back to do them .... BAD BAD LINDA!!

Chris.......sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend and a HOUSE PARTY..sounds fun!!!!!!!! YAY for scrapping too!! Poor Gary...no coffee before he had to go out!!!

Lori!!! So glad to see you again!!!! How was babysitting? You are great to do that for her!!!

AndreaB....(((HUGS))) sweetie...what a rough day!!! I hope that this incident blows over for Vince..how aweful to be accused like that!!! and ((hugs)) for Gen....I know the trouble of dealing with the "consequences" issues...bipolars don't think about them either and this was always an issue with Traci!! In my younger days, I would use the method of letting the other child hit her back...but as a NANA...now...I would shudder at that idea...wish I could think of something creative to help!!

AndreaNyx....Awe sweetie!!! I feel you on that zoloft!! when I took it I was nauseous for a few days at first..and I think I told you before I could not sleep at all!!! I would go for 3 or 4 nights in a row without sleeping at all and was just about to keel over with exhaustion!!! I hope it straightens out for you!! I take Lexapro now and I have had NO side effects at all!! YAY!!!

Sally..............woot!!!!!!! sounds like a fab time in CA!!! and I hope you get to put the top down on that convert!!! But all I am seeing is rain there in CA....have a blast girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clara....I would not be impressed about the hunting game situation either!! I don't know if my kids were just good sleepers or you girlies don't take a firm enough hand these days with these kiddos, but when my girls were young, they were in bed before 9 everynight...except weekends it was 11....and I did not get any fuss either...and my grandchildren don't give me any fuss either...not even nap time.....hmmmmm.....but yay for Derek taking the kids to play in the snow...that sounds fabulous!! and I bet the kids had a blast!!! Poor Ethan...tricking him into thinking there was school!!!

Hi LaurieW...your feet avi is just too adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today:

Chris.......((((HUGS))) I hope the pain gets better!!!!!!! and I got my new bling on FB...LOL!!!!!!!! Thanks for the tips...I am going to check those sites out!!! have "fun" food shopping..YUCK...I hate it!!!!

Lori....Good morning!! and you have fun too!!!

Laurie..I never had a job to get the 3 day weekend off when I worked...but since DD does...I took a 3 day weekend myself!!

hondachicc

WEll....I am back to babies today...and my little fuss box Savannah is just fussing up a storm!!! I swear....just don't know what to do with her!!! I have never experienced such a fussy baby before!!!

I got my hair done yesterday...YAY...it feels so much better!!! and I got a facial and my eyebrows done...woo hoo....that was such a treat for me!!! I just know that I need to start doing a little more for me!! and I am going to try to do something every so often to just make me feel better about myself!!! ABOUT TIME...HUH???

We are planning out our vacation schedules....we have our beach trip set for August...and then in April...we are thinking of a small two or three day trip with Cameran and Jesse...something fun for them...maybe Tweetsie Railroad....we took Cameran there two years ago and he loved it....It's a fabulous little theme park for younger children themed around a huge coal burning steam train...that takes you around the whole mountain (40 minute ride) and it stops and has a wild west type show...cowboy and indians shoot it out and run through the train...the kids LOVE LOVE IT!!! and then the park has lots of other rides, shows and fun stuff like digging for gold and such. Jesse is old enough to enjoy it and Cameran is still young enough to enjoy it again.

We are still planning on Coz this year too...just wish we knew dates in advance!!! I told DH if he backed out on me, I was still going!!! He won't though!! Guess you guys can see what all my babysitting money is going to go to!!

Okay...I am off...Gotta feed a baby!!!

(((HUGS)) to you all!! have a fabulous day!!!

LaughingSun

hey ladies... quick check in...

stuff fuzzy & nauseous. gonna give it a couple of days and see how it goes. Vertigo doesn't help, every little thing seems to set it off lol. and yeah, started at 50mg... doc said that 40mg is the geriatric dose... & 50mg is low so we'll see. if it doesn't straighten up soon I'll go back. also gonna try & get those wrist pressure things for nausea... maybe that will help too :)

so this morning was lazy day. traded my child minding volunteer day at the gym for a day that Kylie goes to school, so now we have to get up mon-wed-fri & tue-thurs are our relaxing days. we hung out upstairs til 9:30 today! M played in his room quietly til 8:30 & I had to wake Kylie up at 9am lol. Oh & last night? aaaahhh... I was sleeping great. DH came to bed a couple hours after me & noticed I was petting the kitty (woke up when he went in the bathroom to take his contact out) so he started talking to me. sheesh. then he snuggled me & was picking on me (nothing naughty lol... for once haha). he wouldn't shut up. anyway, I convinced him to be quiet, but too late, I was awake. then he started snoring, I asked him to roll over but it didn't help so I ended up going to the basement. we have a very comfy couch down there so I tried to sleep. Think I finally fell asleep around 4am? woke up around 6:30. think I got maybe 4.5 or 5 hours of sleep... eesh. Hope this clears up... otherwise I'm gonna die lol.

LindaW... it's weird that zoloft worked for me before but isn't now although I don't really remember, maybe I had problems then too lol.

anyway... off to check things out... back in the afternoon if I'm not too dead lol.

katg1006

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today is my first day really back at the grind since being sick and I am totally out of sync :) I have a list of things to do a mile long and all I really want to do is scrap *LOL*

Chris
How is it that she has been running around non-stop since Friday night, and now, she wakes up and "doesn't feel good."
ohhhh the school blues....((hugs))

Lori - Hiya *waves*!!

LindaW - I am so glad you took some time for you!! Soooo important :) Sorry Savannah is fussy :( Ohhh your vacations sound fab :)

Andrea - Ohhh Veritgo is the worst!! ((hugs)) I hope you feel better fast!!

Well ladies I have to run....busy busy day!! Have a fab one!!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Quick Hi this morning...I'm lounging and doing computer PLAY (it's really work, but I've chosen to only do play stuff for work so my attitude stays good! LOL!!) this morning. Had a great breakfast and MR Gorgeous will come back at noon and take me to lunch...ahhh the rigors of vacation...then I'm driving my sweet little self to Berkeley to checkout the scene there! There is this awesome wholesale Textile place...and you know me and my textiles...YUMMMMMMM!!! Can't wait...then off to the fun stores I love so much....hopefully there will be some awesome sales. (I only buy clearance stuff at Anthropologie...who can afford $148 for a dress??? what is that????) LOL!!!

Thanks for living with me on my vacation...there is this thing about men and women that we kinda live by in our house: Women have to say 75,000 words a day, and Men only have to say 25,000. So last night when I picked up Mr Gorgeous, i went on and on and on (the Coca-cola at dinner helped, too!! LOL!)...then I proceeded to tell him that he needed to tell everyone at work that he was NOT allowed to talk at all so he could use his words with me since I was saving ALL of mine up for him!! LOL!! So I'm kinda hoping that being here for part of my days helps HIM out a little!! I could see him just look at me incredulously last night after my 16th story about something!! LMAO!!!!

Love you girlies!! (I'm gonna go create for about 30 minutes...still have Revelry Thursday this week!! yipeeeee!!)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning all! So, I woke up to a cranky little girl this morning. She wouldn't go to sleep last night because she took a really late nap. Well, that's not really true, she went to bed but then was awake very soon after that because she was starving. She was hardly awake at dinner and only had a bite or two in between laying on top of me at the table. So we got her some food and then she went to bed, but she went to bed late anyway because they got home from the mountain 20 minutes before her bedtime. It threw things off a bit. It sounds like they had a blast though. They went to the tubing hill at the ski pass. It is really cool, but costs too much money. It is in 2-hour sessions and costs adults about $20 a session. That would costs more than skiing to go all day. That is unreal. It is basically just a sledding hill and they provide the tubes and they have a tow rope. The hill is also groomed. It is a great time. My husband isn't the best at getting the kids ready so Addie's feet got cold. He thinks he has good ideas but they aren't the best ideas. He had her wear rain boots, which just don't keep your feet warm no matter how many pairs of socks you wear. I asked him to get everything ready the night before so that I could help him...but he was playing the stupid hunting game like I told you about yesterday. But her feet stayed warm for awhile, so I guess it worked out okay. But you know how mom's are...we always would have done it differently. It was kinda cool though, they got a late start so I had the house to myself for a little over an hour last night. I wanted to scrap, but I was downloading a kit instead and picking out what I was going to do with it. So I'll play with it today. Addie's hunger issues took up all my scrap time so that when I went to work on my page my computer wouldn't turn on because of the time. Parental timers. Ugh!! That's what happens when you have no self-control I guess. Oh well. At least now I am healthy.

So, no major plans today. Just working, scrapping a little. Wishing I could do my taxes. We always do really well at tax season. We turn in 3 W-4s and I am always so worried about owing money so we claim zero on everything even though we end up claiming a lot on our taxes so we get a lot back. It works out for me. We do a house project every year that way and pay for a vacation. This year our spending money on the cruise. Then we'll save up for Cozumel. Which reminds me...it CANNOT be the weekend of October 15-16. Any weekend but that one. My sister is planning on coming with me. It will be awesome. Not sure yet if hubby is coming but if not and your husband (Linda) can't come, we can all share a room. That would be awesome too!!

Anyway...

Chris - I will have to look at those websites and check it out. How fun to have a party on someone else. I'm all about that. I hope you feel better. I hate it when you feel like crap. I'm sending sunshiney thoughts to New Jersey. I thought of you the other day...totally random. I was reading about the beginnings of MTV and it said that only a few thousand people in northern New Jersey were able to watch it when it first came on and I wondered if you were one of those people. Random, I know.

Laurie - Only 5 vacation days sucks. I think I only get about that too. If I worked at the same hospital as my husband I'd get 10. Federal employees get crazy benefits, but they also end up with supervisors half their age who have been in the field for a minute, so you win some and you lose some.

Lori - congrats on Emily's CT. That is awesome.

Linda - I don't usually let the kids get away with much at bed time, unless I'm really tired and they don't have school the next day, as was the case Sunday night. Addie wanted to sleep with Ethan but Ethan wasn't home yet so she ended up laying in my bed and then when ethan got home he just crawled into my bed too and they watched a movie. i was just tired and ready for bed and didn't want to deal. I am soooooooo glad you spent a day on you. that is awesome. I am quite proud of you. I know you probably don't do it because you just don't think of it most of the time because there is other stuff to take care of. But good for you for doing it. YOur vacations sound awesome. I am also really looking forward to Cozumel. It will be awesome.

AndreaNyx - that sounds like a rough night of no sleep. I am a total sleeper. I can sleep through anything. I might wake up to noise but will fall back to sleep real easy. I can't imagine not sleeping. You poor thing. Now go get your wrist bands.

Kat - I am so glad you are finally feeling better but not glad that there is so much for you to catch up on. Don't work too hard.

Sally - sounds like you are having a blast. That is awesome that you can keep yourself entertained during the day doing stuff you like. i hope you get to see some sunshine there.

Okay, I am off. I'm hoping to do some scrapping. Ciao.