Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Thursday Jan 8

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's my Mom's b-day today! (and Elvis' if ya care) Happy birthday Mom- I love you!

So did ya hear? I decided to give the Project 365 a whirl. Thanks to everyone who voted in my dorky poll. I have OCD and certain things will bug me, so it had to start on Jan 1st. So I just went back, figured out some stuff that happened, and snapped some pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faerywings1/
They are just sitting on my flickr page for now, I just have to figure out where to put them from there.
I told my family about it at dinner and they actually seemed interested in it.

Today I am working at my MIL's first time in a month. let me tell you-- it might only be 4 days a month I work for her but that money sure was missed!

ME- thank you so much for sharing your 365 pics and getting me inspired!

Tali- and news from an appt for Boden?

Sandra- sooo soo so good to see ya!!!! TY for the update on dad. I am always thinking of him, hopin ghe is doing ok.

Karen- how was the rest of your day? The winds moved into NJ and the ice has been crashing down all over.

Sally- I didn't get to read, but I made some yummy soup int he crock pot, then Cait and I went over to our friends for coffee/platdate. Turned out nice!

Tara, no pressure to check in every day-this is a no stress zone! Hope your sinuses and head are better today!

Yay Clara! We can be dorky-o 365-ers together!!! Glad you are doing this too!!!

Hey Kat, Sara and Merkee!!! (((hugs)))

Linda mmmm, love the smell of real Christmas tree!

And today- ToT- you totally know what I want to do- either finish New Moon (2nd twilight book), scrap or better yet- BOTH!

Hugs everyone!

sandracvrt

good morning... woke up with a headache this morning, so this is just a quick hi from me! Have a great day everyone!

Chris - thanks, hon :)

dabittymama

Good morning O's. I have a big pot of breakfast blend on and I am making one eyed jacks so help yourself :). I actually slept well last night and feel SOOO much better today. My ears were so plugged up yesterday I was miserable, my balance was off and I was just plain cranky...not fun at all. Today is a new day and starting out to be a much better one.

I may take the girls up to the play area at the mall, they haven't really left the house in weeks with being sick and I think they need some time to just run. Plus, I get to drive there in my new van!!!! Gunar drove it home Monday night and I love it. It will be so strange for me to drive a car with no funny quirks. I also need to start cleaning out the office. It has become a dumping ground for junk that I just need to sort out and get rid of. I think all of my college text books are still in the closet, have I looked at them since I graduated 5 years ago...No...hopefully we'll have some full trash cans. I don't think the library would even take them as a donation because being medical they are already outdated (plus I took notes in most of them).

That's my day :).

Chris~ Have a good day at your MIL's. I hope you get your down time too.

Sandra~ I hope you feel better soon. No fun to wake up with headaches.

Hugs O's.

snappy2003

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in before I'm off to work, ugh, woke up with my tonsils swollen and sore throat, one of the lovely 'benefits' of working closely with sick patients all day LOL.

Chris-I love, love, love reading your posts! In spite of what ails you your spirit keeps you going. What an inspiration you are :).

Sandra-I hope your headache gets better

Everyone, have a lovely day, scrap, read, cook, work, stay warm, dry and safe and happy! {{{hugs}}}

LindaPete

It's Thursday! Yay! That means the weekend is only one more day away. This first week of being back at school has been an adjustment. But, I feel like I am back in the swing. My seniors were really dragging yesterday and you could tell they were really tired. Today they seem to be a little more wired for sound though! We've got some kind of crud going through the school. My kids dropping each day with some sort of stomach flu. Hope I continue to dodge the bullet!

I'm STILL trying to finish Brisinger so I can move onto the third Twilight book! One of my students brought in the cd of a soundtrack from the movie. Loving it!

Chris - way cool that you'll be bringing in some extra cash. I have a meeting this weekend that's some contract work. Hubby calls that pay check my "gravy money" Ooh, I love gravy!

Sandra - bummer on the headache. Hope you can beat it down somehow and still enjoy the day. Thanks for the update on your dad. I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Jos - new van and mall play time! A perfect day! Glad you are feeling better.

Dawn - yuky! Hope you get the sore throat under control. I hate that, usually get it at least once a year and lose my voice in the process. Makes teaching all day a little challenging. Hot tea, honey and lemon for you!

sandracvrt

Well, more bad news... we got another update on dad... he did a barium swallow earlier this week... apparently dad is aspirating when he eats/drinks... so from what I can gather, the chronic pneumonia he's been experiencing is most likely aspiration pneumonia... they have asked him to consider being intubated which would mean tube feedings for the rest of his life... he doesn't really want to consider that right now... but the problem is that NOT considering it is only going to cause more pneumonia problems and more damage... so... I feel soooo overwhelmed and scared... I just don't know what to do...

Last edited by a moderator:

mei74

Just driving by to say hi ... busy day!! Will it ever slow down? Hope to swing by later in the day.

Hugs to you and your dad, Sandra!!

t_a_l_i

Sandra - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that another option comes up for him!

Chris - yay for work!!

Hi to everyone else!

Boden's doc appointment was pretty uneventful. She said his throat was red and tested him for strep, so we are waiting on that. But, I think the redness is from puking. We are just supposed to watch him. He puked again last night, and his diapers are getting worse. Yuck! So, I don't really know what to do. I hate to put him on the BRAT diet since he is only puking at night, but, I think I need to. He is such a little milk lover, and we don't have any Pedialyte in the house. So, I'm gonna have to work on water for him.

TaraLyn

Hi, all! How is everyone today?

It's bright and sunny here today and since the rain (and high pressure) moved out my sinuses are happy again and so am I. :D

DH goes to the doc today for a re-check. I'm not sure how it is going to go. He is doing well with eating and going to the gym ALOT, but he quit the BP meds last week because he was having bad side effects. He had forgotten to tell the doc last time and doc was on vacation so he just stopped taking it. Even though I warned him it wasn't a good idea. Go figure. So we'll see today what the doc says. Depending on how the BP is, he could go back to work as early as tomorrow. More good news is that, while his employer (a municipality) is giving him a hard time with pay and took him off of "heart and lung" pay they were WRONG to do so and the union is filing a grievance. He is sure to win. It might take a few years, but he will win so he is happy about that. We didn't lose any money so far (they made him take sick time that he could have sold back...yeah go figure...he has SO MUCH sick time accrued BECAUSE he doesn't use it EVER that he has to sell some back every year and they are giving him a hard time about illness. HELLO)

My new scanner/printer/copier came last night. It's a Canon MP 610 and seemed to get good reviews on the web. I really only wanted a scanner (mine died 2 mos. ago) because I like my printer, but it's hard to find flatbeds and this was 1/2 off ($89 plus tax)----That's about the price of a decent flatbed. So I grabbed it. My printer is an HP so it sucks down ink and only has the one color cartridge (can you say WASTE?). The Canons have the separate color tanks. Also, my printer is 4 years old and I figured if I went with just the flatbed scanner it would bite me in the butt and the darn printer would die soon.... LOL So I'm gonna hook up the new one tonight or Saturday and try it out. If all is well on the scanner and printer sides I'm putting the old printer on Craig's list. That plus the couple of cartridges I have should get me about 1/2 what I paid for the new one.

Boy, I am chatty today.... LOL

faerywings - Thanks for the well wishes. Boy am I glad the rain is gone! I'm glad you decided to do Project 365, I bet you'll have fun.

Sandra - I hope your headache passes soon. I feel for ya.... and sending you big hugs on Dad. My mom had similar problems. Try to convince him to go for the tube. It's a PIA and an adjustment, but the aspiration pneumonia will take it's toll so he'll be much better off in the long run. Sending you hugs....

Joslyn - I'm with ya on the clean out. Our spare room/craft dump needs the same. I did a bit of work on it a few weeks ago and need to start attacking small areas over the next few weeks. We need to start thinking about moving DD6 into it (her bedroom is tiny and she is starting to play in our room because there isn't enough floor space to play in hers) and we can't move her if I don't consolidate my junk.

Dawn - sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Hi to everyone else!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
morning everyone!! my dear fam!!

I'm doing a lot better, although the snots have come! Being "in the kleenex" is a lot better than not being able breathe!! So off to crank the garlic and the green tea!

Tonight Cora (IF she finishes her school work in time!! heehee) and I are going to see Bridal Wars. A friend picked up free passes for us, so it should be way fun!! We'll probably bring some popcorn in...hope I remember to pop that! LOL!! That is what I'm looking forward to today.

Hopefully the kiddos will do their school a bit better today! the last few days it hasn't gone as well as I wanted it to, but when momma doesn't feel well, no one really feels well!

and what else? ohhh I'm excited because Mr Gorgeous and one of his close friends are going to clean out the garage and get my (notice i said 'my') bowflex all ready for me to jump on!! I'm really trying to be sooo positive about this. I HATE Exercise!! okay...i said it...now on to the new me!! I LOVE exercise! yay!!! i do love the Wii fit and hope to combine it with the bowflex to be the best I can be!! won't that be fun to meet in Cozumel in bikinis looking sooo great??? okay...i did wear a bikini last year, but only Mr Gorgeous was staring!! LOL!! (i guess, as it should be??? LOL!!) never mind...family site...

talk about rambling!! okay...enough about me...

Tara...let us know how your new scanner/printer works! sounds so fun...new technology!! woooohoooooo!! and yes, my HP printers suck down ink, too!! but I still love them!! :)

Tali, ohhhh hugs to you, O cleaner of the puker mess!! hope Boden gives you a nights rest tonight, hun!!!

*waving at Mary Ellen*

BIG HUGS, sandra!! we went through all of that tube feeding and barrium swallows and everything with Lillian. We tube fed her for a year...i know it's different with an adult, but just know I've been there, hun!! you are not alone!!!

LindaP, so glad you are avoiding the crud and waking those kids up!! ohhh we are a bit sluggish schoolwise here, too!!

Hi Dawn...ohhh get over that mess in your throat quick!!! hugs, hun!!

Jos, I'm sooo glad you feel better today than yesterday!! Congrats on the new van!! yay!! enjoy the mall...my kids need that kind of release, too...wonder if I could do it? I'm such a homebody!!

Chris, i love that you thought of what you've been doing the last few days and snapped pics of it!!! and yay for your work!! HUGs, dollface!!!!

everyone, have a great day today!!! love you all!!!

dabittymama

Sandra~ Big hugs girl. I'll be praying for you and your family. It is so physically and emotionally draining when someone you love is sick!!! We're here for you.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning!!

Today is a good day. My DS was already up when I got up this morning so I didn't have to fight him to wake up and so we had an easy morning and were already for school early. Then we got to the bus stop and another mom was in her car with her kids and she heard on the radio that our school district was two hours late due to the raining and flooding. I don't know why since most of our district is on higher ground. thankfully my neighbor was more than willing to keep Ethan until school started. The floods here during the winter have been horrible. Two years ago we had really bad floods when I was pregnant and so I gave my daughter the middle name Rain. So, this is the third winter in a row that we've had horrible flooding. I seem to be in the middle of several flood zones but not actually in one. I'm happy about that. A lot of people lose their homes during this weather and it is horrible.

Chris - doing the 365 should be fun. I started yesterday. I think I might just double up for a few days to catch up. I'm sure I will forget a day here and a day there but I'll figure it out. It should be fun though.

Sandra - lots of hugs for you. That must be so hard for your dad to know that he's sick but having to make major life altering changes to get well. You know you have to to get better but you just don't like the whole idea. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Joslyn - Yay for the new van!! I love having new things, even if they are not actually new but new to me. I totally understand about those medical books. I am in the same boat. I think all I have left are my positioning books because they most likely won't be outdated in the near future. Although I do have a pocket guide so I don't really need the three huge books, but I like them.

Dawn - I hope you feel better soon. For some reason whenever I have a sore throat I always drink limeade or margaritas and it makes it feel better. Between the citrus and the alcohol I think I kill everything going on in my throat. I don't go off getting drunk or anything but it seems to help.

LindaP - Eclipse is calling your name. Get on it!! I hope you get the fire lit under the students butts. Coming back after winter break is hard but I think it is hardest on the seniors.

Tali - Poor Boden. You can add a few things to the brat diet like chicken noodle and stuff. When we all had the flu we went through so much chicken noodle it was crazy. Good luck with getting him healthy.

Tara - Good luck to your husband at his appt. Enjoy your new printer and scanner.

Sally - I hope you've got plenty of kleenex around. Nothing worse than having to use TP when your nose hurts. Have fun with your bowflex. I wish my DH would clean out our garage but even if he did I doubt we would room for a Bowflex because he has so much crap!! Grrr...

Hi to everyone else who hasn't stopped in yet. Have a great day!!

SeaShelly

Hugs girls~!
I am off and running again...got all of the laundry and cooking ready...the truck is mostly loaded...just gonna shower and wash my hair before leaving.
Gotta go and pick up a couple of things to bring, and stop by the post office for some documents regarding Jer's mom's will that he needs to sign and return.

I should be back on Sun or Mon.
Hoping to rest up in between...I had a really good night last night...it sure felt good~!

hgs~
tortoiseShell

LindaPete

Oh hun! I'm so terribly sorry to hear this latest news. Remember we are all here to lend any kind of help you need, just ask!

Merkee

Hi all, a late and quick drive by again. Sorry....hopefully I'll find time this weekend to comment more.

Love ya! Have a good day or evening!

NicosMommy

Ditto Merkee!!!

Hoping Ill find some extra time this weekend also, been so crazy lately, the baby is walking and into everytyhing and Im just a little nuts lately! Hope everyone is well......

snappy2003

Sally-Let me know how Bride Wars is, I'm going to see it this weekend with some girls from work! I hope your nose is better soon :).

Tali-hope little Boden gets to feeling better!

Everyone-I'll try to get on and be a little more 'talkative' this weekend. I came home from work early today to rest, ugh.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Sandra...Wow! You have a lot to handle. I am sure you will get through this latest hurdle life is giving you!! Big hugs!!

petey111

Oh Sandra. I'm so sorry. We are all here for you. I wish I could hand you an easy solution for everything. I'm thinking of you.