Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday, December 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This morning was the first one since last Friday that I *had* to get up with my alarm and I was actually still in bed when it started to go off. Yay! I really only woke up a couple of times last night and once was "normal mom stuff." Scott and Leah were supposed to be home around 10.30 the last that I heard and it was 12.30 when I realized that they weren't home yet. I had to get out of bed to ask Gary if he had heard from them and he said they were just a few minutes away from home. Not bad-- no worries about what I needed to buy/make/wrap/cook! :whoo:

I was able to get a lot of the gifts tried on and washed or put away I have more to do of that today but the house isn't full-on chaos. I also spent some time LMBO with Cait's rats. They are sooooo crazy!! She asked for a playpen for them so they could be contained on the floor to play. It is individual 12"x18"slats that lock together. The slats are solid plastic, not the grid type that a toddler playpen would have so the rats can't climb up them.
I am sitting inside the playpen area with them and they are going nuts- they have their houses and some climbing toys and their wheel all set up in the middle and they are running and climbing and in and out and under it all. Cait is outside the pen watching us. Next thing you know, Crazy Cordelia leaps from the floor onto her shoulder. The slats can but put together so they are 18" high so Caitlyn starts to flip them in that direction. I played with them a little longer and went downstairs. I get a text from Cait-- "Cordelia can still jump the fence." And then another one. "Olivia too." OMG!! Those girls! She has to decide if she should get another playpen set to make it twice as high or if she should just return it.

Fun fact that we didn't know previously-- rats can jump vertically up to 2' and horizontally up to 4'. Muffin and Clover weren't jumpers but these girls sure are!

I am off to clean for my friend today and then here to do some more housework and get ready to run to the supermarket tomorrow. I also need to call my old health insurance company to get that premium that I had paid before my account was terminated refunded to me. I had tried so many times before the holidays and got stuck on hold and I had no time or patience for any of it. No excuses for that today. ;)

Wishing you all a very happy day!! xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- Did any of the snow stick? I hope that the mountains got a lot and that yours all melted away. Does that sound fair? :)
I am glad that you had a better day than you expected. I am sure that Bill's presence was missed, he sounds like he was a very good man.
Lucky you to get the Outlander series! Blu-Ray players should be easy enough to find, you can even buy them in my supermarket.
Brendan had horrible luck with cars. Last year his previous car was in the parking lot where he worked (the supermarket) and some idiots came in, starting doing donuts and smashed into his car. They took off and the security footage didn't show anything other than a jeep and a white pickup. He had just gotten his car back a few weeks later when he was asleep- heard a crash and some woman had plowed right into his car parked in front of his house. She was running late to work and didn't take the time to scrape her windshield. Totaled his car. Sadly, his step-father is a giant a** and is giving him a huge hassle already- they are punishing him for this accident. Black ice... is his fault? :gaah:
Anyway-- thanks for the good thoughts for him and the kids.

Trudy- Your morning with your Gary must have been sweet and lovely! How cool to get the hiking gear. (and the Google home mini too- but hiking gear is really neat!)
Heather is very lucky to have Mason want to give away some of his old toys- I used to have to bribe my kids to do that LOL
Sorry that you had no leftovers.

Rae- that is THE BEST gift!! To hear B laughing and see her happy. That makes me soooo damn happy too!!!! She seems to be in the right place for her. Finally!! :love:
Did you finish Hill House yet? Caitlyn wants to watch it again and I would do that. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Felis- Your holiday sounds very nice with the family. I hope that you are still enjoying the lazy time. I am sorry that you didn't get any snow. Maybe soon you will get some.
Floyd only got a can of food in his stocking, he doesn't play with toys any more even when we try to play with him. but the dogs are happy with their new toys and I cannot wait to throw out all of the small scraps that they were playing with.
I wish you would stay- at least come here to chat. :(

Waving hi to all of you-- Jean, Stacey, Angela, Nancy and all of you whom I am missing :hug:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning everyone. We are having a break between storms. The snow melted as it fell yesterday and last night... but there is snow on the mountain right outside of town. A bigger and colder snowstorm is heading our way tonight, tomorrow and maybe into Saturday. So I have a short window to get my errands done today. Need to get my haircut...I let it grow but it is too long now - so have to roll it to get it to look nice. Going back to my shorter hair style and hope there is enough perm left after the cut so I do a 'wash-n-wear' with it.

Yesterday I took down all the Christmas decorations and packed them away in the garage. It was making me too blue to see them and be reminded that Bill wasn't here to share them with me. Since I put them up the week before Thanksgiving, I felt that they had been up long enough. Nice to have the house back to normal.

Son#2 called yesterday - he usually calls on Wednesday on his way home from work. Nice to catch up on how their holiday went. Was telling him about needing to get a Blu-ray player and he said I needed to have GSinL check out the back of the TV to make sure it had the connector plug. LOL... I know how to do that... so checked it out this morning and it has the IMHD connector plug. Since I am not playing games, etc I decided to not go with the "Ultra 4" player. May check some out while I am out today.

Chris, glad that you slept until the alarm when off this AM. Wow... didn't realize that rats could jump that far! Glad you and C are having so much fun with them. Nice that you are taking some time to relax after the mad scramble to get things done before Christmas.

Trudy, your new hiking gear sounds wonderful... you will be a 'hiking fashionista' !!! Sorry you didn't have any leftovers - but think of all the work involved in hosting... so maybe it is worth it to not have them. My DD#1 usually gives me some from the family dinners but we both forgot this year.

Oh, Rae... how great it is to hear B laughing and enjoying the holiday. So glad she is much closer and seems to be settling into the new place.

My coffee cup is empty so will close and get another cup before I get dressed and heading out. Hope you all have a good day today.

nancyr

good morning - I have been so absent. It is crazy I don't know where the time goes. Christmas went so well. All the family was thrilled with their Alaskan calendars. Made my heart happy. My DIL and son gave my this year's NJ Devil's ugly Christmas sweater. I love it. My son got a handmade NJ Devils jersey backpack from Amanda. She is so creative! She made her mom a NJ Devils tavern birdhouse with lights and out door seating. So cool. My DH got a GC from a meat store that specializes in weird meats. Otherwise we have been watching TV Christmas movies and yesterday the World Juniors started. The USA won 2-1 over Slovakia but it was Canada that said watch out for me as they defeated Denmark 14-0. Today we have the NHL back. My team will be with out two of our best players Taylor Hall and Marcus Johansson as they play Trudy's Gary's favorite team the Boston Bruins. Trudy I just hope the team is gentle with mine LOL. Still enjoying my PT. I think it is working so that is good. And the best news is my car is home and it only cost me a new battery. Zach said it had so many weird codes from almost every module and then he looked more closely and noticed that it was a low voltage and then high voltage just seconds apart. Now with my new battery the car is awesome! Best present ever.

Chris so so sorry to have heard about the car accident. Poor Brendan he and cars just do not mix. And shame on his stepdad for not caring more that he is ok and than the loss of a car. So glad he has your family to see they way families are and how they care for each other. I cant wait to hear how Scott and Leah trip to the gardens went. I bet it was gorgeous. Those rats are a crack up. You forget they can jump.

Kay the snow sounds wonderful as long as it was mostly in the mountains. I am sorry this time is so hard but it must be wonderful to have so many family members to help you make it through. If you had to cry then I think that is wonderful and for the kids to see that it is ok to cry. He seems like a very special guy! I miss the smell of cooking on holidays too.

Felis I agree I miss the snow at Christmas and the winter weather. Our river used to freeze so you could go skating on it. Now it may freeze but never long enough to form think enough. Glad you got to visit your relatives. How fun!

Trudy so glad all the grands got their gifts and were spoiled rotten. How sweet that you and your MG spoiled each other. Hiking gear sounds perfect! Now you have to be in some of the photos.

Rae I was so glad to read that all went so well with B. Sounds of her giggling must have been a great present.

Jean hope you are having a great holiday!

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... A lovely sunrise this morning and fresh snow on the mountain tops, makes for a beautiful view!! It has turned quite chilly here and the heat pump is running constantly. Having fun setting up my google home mini and it is fun to hear the morning routine. You say good morning and it will play the news and podcasts etc. She has some pretty good jokes and will even play trivia with me. I am wasting too much time figuring her out though LOL. Today I need to get to the store to get a few groceries and then I hope to just stay home and hopefully make a page for the upcoming January challenges. Yikes!! It will soon be a New year! How on earth did that happen??

Chris - It sounds like you have been having some wonderful family time together and I am so happy that you are feeling more stress free these past few days! My poor Gary is not feeling too well, yesterday he started getting a bit of a sore throat, and slept most of the day and evening away. He had to go into work today, he is the only one in his position that will be there today and the wheels of justice don't stop during Christmas holidays, so he had lots of things to get ready for court today. I hope that he will be ok! Sounds like you and Cait are enjoying those little rat girls!! Wow who knew that they could jump that high?? Keeping my fingers crossed that you get through to your old insurance co. and get that refund!! Hope all your new clothing items fit perfectly and you don't have to do any returns!

Kay - Ugh on the storm systems heading your way! Hopefully it does not bring too much snow to you! I am really hoping that we are done with the wind storms for a long time. There is still lots of clean up going on and my sister Pam finally got her power on yesterday, thank goodness they had a generator, it has been almost a week that they have been without power. I feel so badly for those who had to have Christmas in the dark and without heat! Hope you manage to get your errands all done today before the storm hits and that you love your new hairstyle! Good luck with your new Blu Ray purchase too!

Nancy - Yes DH was telling me yesterday that our Bruins are playing your Devils tonight, it will be interesting to see how we both do! Sometimes the Bruins forget to show up and we wonder what the heck they are thinking about LOL. The Canadian team sure did give the Denmark team a butt kicking, I felt sorry for the Denmark team :sad: So happy that you had such a fun Christmas day and yay for only needing a new battery for the car, that was a great Christmas gift! I would love to see you in your Devils ugly Christmas sweater :becky: I predict a great scrapbook page being created in your near future! LOL.

Rae - Yes the very best gift of all to hear laughter from B! When Heather was so sick in Hospital and her speech was so jumbled, it was the best sound in the world when she woke up one morning and was giggling over a dream she had about her brother! It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard!! I knew then that she would be ok! I also had to pass on my MIL's dressing, it just does not sit well in my tummy either. Anything with grains just has to be avoided :sad: Have fun setting up your new scale! I hope that you get in another wonderful visit with B! :hug:

Felis - I am so very sorry that you have yet again had trouble with the challenges, please don't be discouraged, the language barrier is so frustrating and why not just come here to create pages for yourself and to be here with us? We all love you and hope that you will at least pop in and let us know how you are! :hug: My house is not all that smart either LOL but I am having fun with what I can do with my google mini! Yes it is the same as Alexa. Hopefully with a few smart plugs etc I will be able to do more with it!

Alright, it is time to get in the shower and get some cleaning up done around here. I have been far too lazy with the housework these days. I will soon be putting all the Christmas decorations away and I am happy that I do not have to deal with taking down our huge Christmas tree this year. It was sad not to have a tree this year, but nice that I don't have to deal with the deconstruction LOL. Have a wonderful Thursday ladies!! :wave:

scrap-genie

Sounds like everyone had a rewarding Christmas in one way or another. Ours was the usual happy time but missing input from DH's cousin. I pretty much got everything done including the 4-page family history news for DH's family that I've done for 20 years. Now I should be doing other things that I've ignored during December. You can see how excited I am at that prospect. Then Jan. 1 we will receive a new "Puzzle Up" the crazy trivia sort of contest we do with some other folks every year.

Chris, it was so good to see your Gary made it to the Christmas Eve, then so scary about the kids in the car accident. Nice you have the rat babies to enthrall you and show off their jumping skills. Hope the ins. rebate get to you soon.

Felis, please don't leave us again! I thought things were going so well this month and couldn't believe the comment on your LO - once again in error. I sure understand your reactions to that, but please listen to Trudy. Anyway, sounds like the pets had a good Christmas and you too except for the lack of snow. We had snow a few days before but it was gone by the 25th and I don't miss it one bit.

Kay, hope you get all your errands done and the new hairdo before the storm. Since your decorations went up early, makes sense to get them put away and get the house back to more normal. So sorry the season is a hard time to go through but glad your family is there to help.

Nancy, no surprise they like the Alaska calendars! Everything, including your car sounds like it was good for the holiday. Good luck to the Devils, but can't not wish the Bruins well for Trudy's Gary.

Trudy, looking forward to seeing pix of you in your new hiking gear. Sounds really nice. Was sorry to hear of the big wind storm you had and the folks without power. Seems like it's always something. Hope you get to have a relaxing day.

Rae, wonderful news about Christmas Day with B! Hope you have time off work for a few days now to enjoy the family and Taz. Hope you were able to go eagle watching again.

Hi to everyone I've forgotten to mention.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hey ladies!! I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve been in here...Years I think. Anyway...I just wanted to hop in and say hi and that I missed all of you and talking life.