Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Monday March 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good thing I double checked this title- I had written in that it was Friday! Now that would have been bad! LOL

Whew- what a Party. Anyone else pooped out from all of the festivities this past week?
I know that I just had such a blast, chatting, and checking out blogs, and visiting lots of new members galleries. Gah! Total fun!

So what do you think, should we O's take some time off and relax a bit?
No way!!

We have more fun stuff planned! Yes, really!!!

Cheery O Guest Call!!!

and.................

First Spotlight of 2009 - Kim De Smet - Monday, March 23 to Sunday, MArch 29

Just when you think it is safe to take a breath muhahahahaha!!
Go check these out and have fun!

Gotta go- it is 29* here and the car must get warmed up.
(It *is* spring, right???)

Have an awesome day!!!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
Hey Chris :)

Yup it's spring all right ! That's why suprises bloom everywhere at the O ;)

I won't tell you what the temperature is here , you could hate me for it ... And I want you to keep on loving me :D

Wish you all a great week
don't miss a thing ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

sandracvrt

good morning! I've got to work on my daily challenges today... I'm sooo behind... I didn't make Sue's challenge :( we went to IKEA yesterday, and it was supposed to be a quick trip... I don't know WHAT we were thinking... we wonder around there for HOURS every single time we go... we didn't get home until 8:30 last night!

Anyway, not much going on here today... the birthday party has been fun, I just wish I could have chatted more and had more time! It's gonna be a beautiful day here, so I hope it warms up quickly!

Have a great day everyone!

LindaPete

It can't really be Monday already? i want more spring break time! It rained pretty much all day here yesterday:( I'm so glad we did all of our demolition and hauling stuff out of the house yesterday! I have not checked the rain guage - it's still dark out, so have no idea how much we've gotten but am betting on at least an inch already. More rain for today through Wednesday or Thursday! YUK!
Back ot school for me today. I've got a greenhouse full of hanging baskets and patio planters that will need pinching later this week. I do hope we get some sunshine this week!
Thanks to all the O folk for the great birthday bash and all the fabulous prizes! I love the O!

Sandra - I've never been to an IKEa? Hope you get sunshine today, not sure we will.
Chris - I SO wish it really was friday! I'm not ready to go back to school yet. Thanks for all you did to make the O birthday bash a success. It was so much fun!
Dumpty - have a great day! I think it's warmer here too than it is in Chris' back yard.

Yam

Well, here started the Autumn...it's quiet chilly outside, but it's always chilly here! with luck we can get 3 weeks of warm weather during all the year...
I was so excited of the closing chat and all the new kits and a little from everything that I bought during the week here that I could hardly sleep few hours! It was awesome! I always was in love of OSCRAPS, even did a LO about it once, but this week helped me to get more intimate closer, to know more about the people involved, the activities, the nice forum threads (like this one)...it was an amazing week and you are all very friendly!
Now I am going to do my last CHAT LO, look at the designer spotlight (love that one!), think about a LO for the Cheery O GUEST...AH, I wish I can come with something good, I would love to be a part of the cherry O, EVEN FOR A WHILE!.
Have a nice day!

dabittymama

HAPPY MONDAY...and HAPPY birthday to my first baby Kalin who turns 3 today, I think she must be an O baby because their b-days are so close ;)!!! We had her party yesterday, just family but it was really fun. I made it to the chat for a while but I could barely keep my eyes open by 9:30 so I didn't last long. So, I have to tell a funny. My older brother is a great uncle but he has no kids and sometimes just doesn't get them. He asked me what to get Kali, knowing him I know he hates buying toys (he thinks kids need to spend more time outside and they really do) I told him to get her some garden stuff because she loves to help me plant and water thinking he would get her some of the kiddy ones. Sooooo....he got her a bag of bulbs and some spades, lol, and of course it is her favorite and she wants to go plant them right now!!!! We'll have to wait at least a couple more weeks with teh frost.

Not much else going on here today. I just want to hang out with my b-day girl playing with her new toys and taking care of her sick lil sis. Poor Sadie has another cold and is a snot faucet.

Dumpty~ I am not sure what the conversion but your temps LOOK warmer than mine!!!!!! I am SO ready for spring.

Linda~ I should send Kalin your way, she would have a blast playing in your green house. Too bad she still loves to play in dirt and make the dirt go EVERYWHERE.

Ok I am off to make breakfast!!! Hugs O's.

mei74

Morning, ladies, wanted to say hi before the day got too busy! Happy Monday! We overslept this morning so we were racing out the door. AAUGH. What a way to start the week.

Chris -- ooh, a Guest Cheery O Call! Good luck to all who are going to apply. I had so much fun when I guested with the Cheery O's this fall!! :)

Dumpty - send some warm weather here!

Hi Sandra - I love Ikea!

Linda - you must go visit an Ikea! They are FABULOUS!

Happy Bday, Kalin! Hi Jos!

Hi Yam, Timounette, and everyone else!

Love to you all! I am getting a pedi and mani tonight! Yay, me!! :)

timounette

CHEERY O
:( :( :( :(

If you want, you can come and visit, I already told you
plus your kids would probably enjoy having fun with mine ;)

It's so fare from home..
But it would be so cool and surely our kids could play together, and we could drink a good glass of wine during chatting

t_a_l_i

Morning ladies! Quick pop-in from me before I take a shower. :) Gotta take Jacob into the doc this morning. He was diagnosed with swimmer's ear Thursday, had a wick put in Friday and he pulled it out Friday night. So, we are going back in to see how his ear is doing now. It's always an adventure taking the twins to the doc. :) Boden hates the small exam rooms and screams, so I end up holding both of them. And usually every nurse in the place comes to see them. :) They are charmers.

Man, we had SUCH a great time last week! It has been so fun getting to know new people, and I have everyone stays!!

Can't WAIT to see who applies for the CheeryO guest call! Becoming a CheeryO has been SO amazing for me! :)

I went to Sioux Falls to hang out with my sis last night, and my drive home SUCKED. Drove in pouring rain and horrible winds on the interstate - visibility was nothing. It was awful. People were seriously driving 35-55 mph on an interstate that I usually drive 80 mph on!!

Anyway, we have such a busy few weeks coming up. I can hardly think straight. We leave for Vegas in 10 days. Ugh.

Chris - Happy Monday sweetie. :) Stay warm!

Dumpty - You are my fav goofy person ... and I'll love you even if you are WAY warmer than we are!!! :)

Sandra - Sounds like fun at Ikea! We don't have those around us, I've never been. :)

Linda - I don't know how much rain we got either, it had to have been at least an inch or 2. With more to come! Our yard is a mess! :)

Timounette - I'm glad it is at least sunny where you are! :) Sunshine always cheers me up.

Yam - we are SO happy to have you, I hope you check in with the Daily O's every day! :) Your CheeryO page will come to you, I'm sure of it. :) Can't wait to see what you do! Good luck!

Jos - that is really sweet. Ella loves to help in the garden too, and my mom got her a sun hat and spade, little hoe, and hand rake and some petunia seeds last year. She loved planting them. What a good uncle. :) I hope Sadie feels better! How are you feeling?

Hi ME! YAY for the pedi and mani! Have fun with those - you deserve it!!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
It's so fare from home..
But it would be so cool and surely our kids could play together, and we could drink a good glass of wine during chatting
Yeah ..... I have some Maury ready for you remember ? ;)

Tali - you're sweet :D love you too girl ;) And even if it's way further away from your place, you're welcome home too, of course ! :D

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies. Is it Monday already?? Ugh!! I could use an extra weekend day. My allergies are acting up as usaly, so I have a sinus headache. My pills are in the car so I have to wait a few minutes before I can take them. I decided to let Ethan sleep in for a few minutes this morning and miss the bus. We'll go by the coffeeshop and I'll get a coffee and he will get a muffin and I'll drive him to school. He's being whiney and sleepy at the moment so it isn't fun yet, but he loves special stuff so it will be good. He has been harassing me lately about helping out at his school. I really wish I could but I work full time so it doesn't work out like that. I am taking vacation days this week and next so we can take a little trip to the ocean. It will be cold but there is a lot to do so we will have a blast. I'm excited to have 6 days in a row off to just chill out. I'm okay with sitting in the room the whole time watching the ocean.

So, guest Cheery-O spots, huh?? I am really excited. I have no idea what kind of layout to do yet. I nedd to read through it all real good and do some thinking...but first I need to finish the daily challenges. I have 5 of them done but need to finish the last two. I was going to have a lot to do today but instead got stuck on my computer last night doing stuff. I also got all my stuff organized so that I can just use it and play today instead of having to spend time getting all my new downloads organized. I decided to seperate all of my Oscraps stuff to make it easier to use. I didn't realize how much fantastic stuff I had from here. I knew I had great stuff but not how much of it. I like having it all seperated out now.

So, what's going on with all of you...

Chris - The party was awesome. There were so many people wandering around the O and it was awesome. I loved all the chats and opportunities to see new faces. I really want to get into the borthday gallery and comment on as much of it as possible. I gave up on the O-love contest. I hated the cut and paste thing. So, I'm just going to push myself to go gallery crazy over the next few days. I hope you get all warmed up. Did you get that car starter installed yet??

Dumpty - I'm glad that spring is showing it's face somehwere.

Sandra - Did you really use the words Ikea and quick trip in the same sentence? That is quite funny. We have one here too and I always spend at least 2 hours there no matter what. I hope you got some fun stuff.

Okay...I want to write more so I will come back and finish up some personals in a bit. I have to take E to school and get some coffee. Be back soon!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Okay...Ethan is at school, I have my coffee and I am now at work. So I can finish my post.

Linda - the rain is definately no fun, especially when doing remodeling. I am fairly used to the rain but sometimes it is just not fun. I hope you get everything done soon. Of course once everything is done Mr. Wonderful will come up with a new list of things to do to the house. Isn't that how it always works??

Timounette-Frozen and sunny, huh? The sky always seems bluer on those days, don't you think? Those are my favorite sunny days.

Yam - Welcome to the daily forums. It was great getting to know you in the chats. The O is a great place. I came across it on accident and had ulterior motives when I joined in the chats at the forums but now I love it and make a part of my day, everyday. It is amazing how close you become with these ladies. I talk about them with my husband all the time and he is actually starting to get names straight and ask me questions back..."oh, is the the girl who blah blah blah" It is cute and wonderful. I love this place.

Joslyn - Holey Moley...you have an actual baby in that belly now. Wow!!! Only 6 weeks left?? That is amazing. 3rd birthday party, huh??? How fun. It is such a strange experience watching the babies get bigger. YOu are so happy for them and yet so sad to watch the time fly by. It is almost bittersweet but oh so sweet. Have you looked into whether Sadie might have allergies with all the sickness she's had?? We decided to put Addie on Claritin because her nose wouldn't stop rinning and she finally started rubbing her eyes. he nose completely cleared up in 4 days. I just hate how expensive Claritin is. She won't take the syrup so we have to buy tablets and they are about $1 a pill. It is unreal. I found a website that is about $0.70 a pill but you have to buy in bulk. Of course the tablets don't come in generics. Grrr!! Anyway, just a thought for you. That is too cute about the gardening present. My brother does that type of stuff too. It cracks me up.

ME - Good luck getting through a busy Monday. Today is definately one of those days that I am thankful for my slow paced job.

Tali - That sucks about the swimmers ear. I used to get it a lot back when I was a diver in high school. When I felt the water in my ear I found that hydrogen peroxide would get it out but it is hard when they can't tell you they have water in their ear and then it gets so bad and hurts so much. Poor baby. Isn't it fun to have charming kids. Addie is too independant to be charming but my doctor's office is also my work so they all love her having known her since I was pregnant and came up with her temporary name one day..."Lafawnduh-Moon Unit." People actually though I was serious. I knew we weren't going to have a name for her so I needed something to call her until she had a name. I think I spent more time coming up with that name then actually naming her. Not that Adeline Rain is completely normal but it sure flows nicely. Wow...I am on a roll with the rambling today. Good luck with his ears.

To anyone else who visits later...Have a great day. Also for all of you lurkers out there that read here but are uncomfortable leaving a message...jump in. You won't be sorry that you do. It really is one big happy family here.

Bamm

Good morning ladies!!!!!!!!

I'm SO excited the spotlights are back!!! Yay!!!!!! This is going to be a blast!

We never do take a break here and I love love love it!

Not much to do for me today I'm going to finish packing up our bedroom so we can start moving our stuff into our apartment tonight. I really think if I'm capable of stopping time today I also just might have enough time to finish the Cheery-Os layout and the spotlight. *Trying to be superwoman!*

Anywho, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

NicosMommy

Hey ladies!!!

Happy MOnday!!!!

Last week was FAB!! everyone did soooo much work making it so great.....thanks ladies!!! I did not have nearly enough time as I would have liked, but life just got in the way...I have a bad cold, Nico has a bad cold...my father in law came down with pnemonia, (im assuming thats where our germs came from...grrrr) so weve been back and forth helping out my mother in law, its crazy! I made some chicken soup for everyone over the weekend...although it never tastes as good as my MIL's....darn her....lol

Anyway I was in bed by 8pm on Sunday nite and I could not keep my eyes open for the final chat ;-( I was so disappointed! but I hope everyone enjoyed!!!

I recently bought a disc of Nico's photos from his 1st year (3mo, 6mo, 9mo, 1 year) from our friend who is our photographer, Ive also got my wedding proofs from her on a disc, so Ive been scrapping some of those when I have a free minute. Its fun to look at those because she takes amazing photos.

So....thats it from me, Im going to go lay down before Nico's nap is over, this cold is kicking my butt, im so beat!!!!

Chris - seriously...spring? yah right! its super chilly today too up here....

Dumpty - sounds nice where you are!!! Im on my way!

Sandra - Thats funny about Ikea - you can never make it a quick trip at that place....besides I always end up getting semi - lost!

Lindap- Yuck rain! But your greenhouse looks AMAZING!! i do not have a green thumb (or even a green pinky for that matter...lol)

Timounette - Enjoy the sun!!!!!

Hi Yam!! welcome to the Daily O's!!

ME - Mani / pedi?? I am way jealous....ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!

Jos - thats so cute about the garden stuff...Happy Bday to Kalin!!

Tali - Hope Jacob is feeling better ;-( Vegas is so soon!! yikes! At least you know how you are doing your hair...lol!!:)

Clara - You are so funny that you always have so much to write,. its cool....like I always can look forward to having something to read from Clara....lol
:) - I am right there w/ ya with the sinus business, I have a nasty cold and I am so prone to sinus infecs. hoping it doesn't go that way....Where are you going for your ocean visit? Sounds nice.....

Hi Kayleigh.....

Hope everyone else who pops in has a great Monday!!!!!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Kelly - you are funny. I think it is because I have a big mouth and like to hear myself talk and therefore I ramble when I write too. I hope you guys start feeling better. All these bugs going around suck. At least you can make chicken soup. That is one of the things I don't do well...soup. Just not my thing in the kitchen. I can make good enchiladas though.

dabittymama

Joslyn - Have you looked into whether Sadie might have allergies with all the sickness she's had?? We decided to put Addie on Claritin because her nose wouldn't stop rinning and she finally started rubbing her eyes. he nose completely cleared up in 4 days. I just hate how expensive Claritin is. She won't take the syrup so we have to buy tablets and they are about $1 a pill. It is unreal. I found a website that is about $0.70 a pill but you have to buy in bulk. Of course the tablets don't come in generics. Grrr!! Anyway, just a thought for you. .

OH yes, I am SURE she does!!! Her daddy has them really bad and has to take allerga (thank you LORD that it comes generic now). We are starting her on something when she turns 2 in July. Right now I just need to buy stock in Kleenex or something :)!

O Birthday Fairy

Because I'm happy
CHEERY O
Girls, girls, girls!!! I am so excited about the birthday party this past week. We had such a good time!! And I got to know so many new faces and names. Thank you so much for making my time here so welcome and warm.

The next few months, I'll be flitty around spreading fairy dust on everyone's birthdays, so I'll be a bit busy to play here. But do NOT fret! I have one more little giftie to give you today! And I want to especially thank Kat (katg1006), Sally (cellomom) and Wendy (WendyW) for making such beautiful gifties for you to have this past week!

Happy Birthday, Oscraps!!! See you next year!!!

NicosMommy

WHOOOO!!!!!! thank you thank you thank you O'Fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Birthday O'Fairy ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quirkyk

Ok...so I've been MIA!!! Not that you all noticed or anything! :) But I'm BACK!! The Baby is doing great! And I swear I'll get pictures up online somewhere by the weekend!! I'm way way way behind! Go figure! But He is officially on a schedule AND SLEEPS ALL NIGHT!! 10pm to 9 am this morning can you believe it! Now if I could just get rid of the laringitis I have life would be PEACHY!!!!

I can't believe everything I missed while I was in lala land or baby world! A Birthday! Happy B-Day O!! And a Guest Call...you sooo know I have to apply...make it or no I have to give it a go!!! Heck I personally think that is called the DREAM CT! I mean come on a guest spot is DELICIOUS! Permanent would be SUPER DUPER DELICIOUS! I can't wait to get home to scrap!! And I even have some super exciting news...I get to get puplished!! Not just one layout either! I get to have three!!!!! Can you believe it...well I can't because this is my first...haha...first, second and third!

Anyway...The littly crafty business is up and running...sort of...we have the website done and I've put up a facebook and behance page to try and do some networking. So there is my other Gotta get pictures posted job! Then maybe we'll get more orders!

And I went and got my hair cut, FINALLY!! I was trying to grow it out, and figured I'd be so busy with the baby I wouldn't notice the oh my gosh have to do something with it look, and I succeeded! And it looks great (no that isn't me being conceited, that is what I've been told:) Life is shaping up to be pretty happy here lately! I can't wait to get back to my good morning o's!

Well I'm off for now...gotta get home to scrap!!!!!!

lialotito

Hi girls,
I was a little shy to post here, but after a huge week, I really feel like a have a lot of new friends.
I've just finished my last challenge ! My computer broked last tuesday and I borrowed one PC on Friday... so I had to run a lot to complete the challenges in 3 days (download the kits again, a trial version of PSE)... I'm so happy that I did it !
It was great to see a lot of people taking part of the challenges, and knowing each other a bit more.
Thank you all girls for the great week and thank you Birthday Fairy for all the freebies!
Lia

snappy2003

Quickie from me tonight! Have layouts to do and Davy needs playtime...I missed him sooooo much today :).

hope everyone had a lovely Monday! It was in the upper 70s here today!

Love and hugs!

The Di

Birthday Fairy, you rock! Your gifts have been gorgeous. Have a great year! Thank you also to Kat, Sally & Wendy for making your gorgeous gifts. Thanks be to O!