Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Monday Jan 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!!!!
How is everyone today? Everyone up north staying warm? Everyone in the south waving their arms wildly so we can get some warm air up here?

I am so excited- I called the my county's heating assistance line to see if we got accepted into the low-income program and we did! They are going to help us pay for oour heating bill. My oil budget plan was $355 a month/12 months. Last year we got a small amount from the program which brought it down to $266. But when you are such limited income, that is still huge! And I keep our house cold. 62 during the day, 60 at night. I have mentioned how my kids make fun of me b/c I wear a snow hat in the house.I am so happy that I am going to be able to turn the heat up a bit and not freeze quite so badly. :D
Yay!!!!

Not much else going on here for me-- food shopping, then working at home.

Hope you all have a great day!!!!

Me Me Monday- Since I finsihed Book Two of Twilight last night, I want to start reading Nora Robert's new book. I hope I can find some time!

sandracvrt

good morning! We're up... barely! Will did not want to get up this morning... and he got in bed early, so not sure what the problem is there! Not much going on today... Gabe's meeting a recruiter for coffee around 11:00 or 11:30 today... and we're hoping we'll hear he got the job he interviewed for last week...

Over the weekend, we ordered Piper's birthday cake... her birthday is Friday and her party is at McDonald's on Saturday... she picked a beautiful Barbie and the Diamond Castle cupcake cake... 24 individual cupcakes - a great idea... but a small cake also comes with the party package at McDonald's so the kids will eat the Barbie cake, and I guess everyone else will eat the McDonald's one...

Other than that, not much going on around here... hope everyone has a great day!

Chris - that's good news on your heating bill! I might have to see if the electric company or the county has any kind of assistance!

Merkee

Quick one again.

Chris, yay on the heating help. :)

Sandra, good luck with Gabe's meeting today..

Catch the coffee as I drop it off. lol Hot cocoa too, don't get burned..

Hugs and love,
~M

t_a_l_i

Quickie from me, just wanted to stop by and say hi.

I am battling the stomach flu still. I am quite miserable. Eric stayed home Friday to help so I could rest and I am wishing he were home now.

Love ya girls!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Morning girlies!! Quick one for me, too...we are up and off to music lessons here in 5 mins! and the grocery store and Hobby Lobby (like Michaels) and somewhere else I can't think of right now...LOL!!

Tali, feel better, hun!! I'd sooo be there to help you if you were closer!! (sorry that doesn't help!! LOL)

Thanks for the coffee, Merkee!!

Sandra, praying for Gabe's new exciting job!!

Chris, I'm sooooo excited for your assistance!! yay!!! and someday I'd love to see a LO about your snow hat! :) hugs, hun!

i'm off...loving all of you!!

mei74

A quickie for me too. How are you all doing? Hope you are all doing great. The weekend went too quickly for me!!

Love to you all.

LindaPete

Well I didn't get my snow day, but we did get dismissed early! WooHoo! The visibility is horrible, less than 1/4 of a mile, zero in some places. So I'm tucked in with a fire in the wood burner. I'm going to bond with the vacuum cleaner here in a bit. I've about got another dog in all the fur on the floor. He's been shedding so badly since I gave him a bath. The dirt must have been holding all the hair in? I've also got to decide what to make for supper. I hate deciding, love to cook, but hate to figure out what to make. Any suggestions?

Ooh Chris - I LOVe Nora Roberts too! Which is her new book?
Sandra - keeping my fingers crossed for you and Gabe!
Merkee - thanks for the hot cocoa - needed here today!
Tali - Hope you're geeling better soon!
Sally - I love Hobby Lobby - it loves me too!
ME- I know what you mean about the weekend going too fast. With a meeting all day Saturday it really shortened up my time off!

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
Good afternoon ladies!! :)
Just a quickie for me as well .. .I have been busy killing mobsters this morning .... scrapped 1 and 2 layouts for Nina today .... and 1 and 2 for Amanda last night ;) With some soon to be released stuff!! mmmm mmmm good ;)

Oh and I'm waiting for the "dreaded" phone call still from my friend about her mom today is decision day on life support!! UGH!!

I did 22 loads of laundry yesterday at the laundry mat .... worked 11 hours on Saturday ..... made 15 pounds of sweet and sour meatballs yesterday as well with the assistance of Lacey and her best friend .... so yeah I've been busy .... but GOOD!! :)

And it's off to dance in about 30 minutes ;)

Love you all .... and guess what .... it takes less energy to SMILE than Frown ladies ... no matter what's happening in your life .. a smile will get you alot further!! :) PROMISE!

Last edited by a moderator:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning!! I am so tired this morning but I think it is just my allergie. Once my allegra kicks in I think my eyes will be less heavy and I'll feel better. We'll see. I took the kids to the dentist this morning. It was Addie's first dentist appt ever. I found out that we will have to start saving now for Addie orthodonture. Apparently she has a huge overbite. I never really paid attention because her mouth is so small but you can't see her bottom teeth when her mouth is closed. Of course there is nothing to do now so we'll just wait about 10 years and be ready for it I guess. The dentist did say that they sometimes grow out of it or it at least decreases. It was more of an FYI kindof thing. Ethan on the other hand had his first appointment where we didn't have to schedule a follow up for fillings. Yay!!

Our weekend was good. I spent all weekend in the kitchen and cleaning marker off the walls but it was good. I was a single mom for the weekend since my dh was working all weekend. he had a very full schedule so we'll have a nice paycheck but he was gone all weekend.

Chris - yay about the heating bill assistance. I just got a $350 bill which is astronomical for us but we'll fit it in I guess.

Sandra - Good luck with Gabe's interview process. I am very hopeful for you guys. I'll bet Will is getting ready to grow.

Merkee - Thanks for the cocoa!!

Tali - YOu poor thing. I hope you are able to get some rest. The stomach flu is the worst!!

Sally - Enjoy your day out and about!!

ME - hey!! sorry the weekend is already over. I hope you have a stress free week.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
LindaP - I am craving Chile Verde so I think you should make that. I made some to put in the freezer this weekend and it was super yummy!!

Krista - between mobsters, cooking and scrapping I don't know how you managed to get here but we're glad you did. Have a great day!!

t_a_l_i

Well, we went from a sick house to a sad house.

Eric received word that a friend of his from college committed suicide. He and his friends are taking it pretty hard. This man was going through a divorce and has a 2-year old daughter. If possible, keep them in your thoughts. :(

Scrapness

Eric received word that a friend of his from college committed suicide. He and his friends are taking it pretty hard. This man was going through a divorce and has a 2-year old daughter. If possible, keep them in your thoughts. :(

Oh my God! that's real sad!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"

I'm soooo sorry, Tali...I've been through that...very, very hard!!! praying here!!!

LindaPete

Tali - so sorry to hear this news. I will keep Eric and his friends as well as your family in my thoughts and prayers. There are no words of solace that I can offer, only that those left behind must simply keep living.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Oh Tali!! I can't even imagine what that must be like for your husband and his friends. You are all in my thoughts!!

petey111

O.k. Our town is about shut down. It is blowing snow, ice, wind, below zero temps. Everything is shut down. Even the public libraries are closing, the universities. There is a 27 car accident on the highway nearby. I don't think we've ever had anything like that before. I was so glad when I made it home from work (20 miles). I was also very grateful my DH had me take the SUV this morning.

I'm just curled up with the computer now and doing various things. =) I might bust out some cocoa later. It's only 3 WW points.

Anyone who is in this weather....stay warm and safe!

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns

Tali baby I'm soooo sorry!! When I was walking tonight I said some prayers for all those who are suffering right now. It seems as though the world is in turmoil :( Praying hard for you all hun, I'm here if you need me!! I love you!! Hug those you love today ladies!!!