Oscraps

Daily Ooos: June 22-23: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:dancing6:
It rained!!!! I don't know how much we got but it rained overnight and my plants are going to be so happy! I even turned the AC off at 3 am when Whisky woke me up to take her outside. I *hate* sleeping with the ACs running, the sound makes my head buzz. Gary will turn them back on as soon as he wakes up but at least I have some fresh air and can hear the birds singing ATM.
I can't blame him for needing the air on, the heat makes his blood sugar levels spiral. Does anyone else's DH have that problem? Meanwhile, I am so much happier when it is hot than in the winter. We are a match made in heaven :giggle4:

Speaking of a match made in heaven, my parents were having a pleasant anniversary when I called them. They had a fancy-for-them breakfast on their deck and were attempting to go out for dinner. Maybe there is hope after all LOL

I wandered around a bunch of stores yesterday looking for some cute things for the shower games prizes, not happy with most of what I saw. I ended up getting some bars of lavender/coffee soaps and lavender washcloths. I'll tie them together with some fancy ribbons, pack them in the organza bags and that's that.
Today is the FP and then I should catch up on housework and laundry.
Hold me back, I don't think I can handle that amount of fun. :floorlaugh:

Sending love to you all

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday So sorry that your and Mark's stomachs are not doing so great, hope that today is much better.
Good luck repackaging and pricing your craft supplies.

@BrightEyes I hate when times/responsibilities catch me by surprise-- but I know you will have the July challenge ready to go in no time. As for it being almost July-- iy yi yiiii. :ignore1:
Hope the derm appt went well.

@MariJ For real-- I'd rather go back to school in September than August, too.
The catch with the Highlands Natural Pool is that it is 100% natural and that includes critters. It's all about location, love to see the snakes on the ground/trail but swimming with them? Nope! :p
They mostly stay on the far side of the pool and really no different than swimming in a lake but still.
Did it rain by you last night?

@mimes1 Congrats!!!!!! So happy that you got the job although I am not surprised. yay!!

@Terri M We tried netting over the blueberry bushes but then we didn't get any berries that year. No idea if it's just one of those things, but if the birds are happy, then I am happy :D
Cowbirds are evil. Scott has one that is at his feeder often and he yells at it for being an a-hole bird. :giggle4:

@pachimac Susie-- you have a lot of people here who are sending hugs and support. Do you feel us?? :grouphugyay:
That's going to be exciting when you get the photos from the disposable camera. I hope there are some good memories and fun pictures to scrap.
Soooo dang proud of you for the lifestyle changes! Scales can be addicting and frustrating and everything bad to our brains. Just keep telling yourself that you are not a number, and so much more than a number. Take that with a grain of salt coming from me but maybe it will help. I have gotten much better about weighing myself and how it affects me but it also depends on the time/day, the color of my socks, and how the planets are aligned :/ YMMV hehe
I hope that Mei gets switched to a better position soon. CS has to be awful, people can be so mean.
Don't get me started on grocery prices and how much the stores are profiting while they keep raising the prices. All of the major companies-- record profits, stock buybacks, CEO pay raises, and the rest of us are struggling.
:soapbox:

@taxed4ever Did you and Linda enjoy the peaceful lake or did you guys vent about the chaos from the move? Perhaps a bit of both? It seems like the majority of it is getting finished and hopefully you will be back here in July. We miss you!
Good luck with the painting project today.

@Cherylndesigns I don't have any dental insurance and don't want to even think about what it would cost if anything happened to my teeth. I am debating whether I can afford to get a good cleaning done before the wedding. pfft.
And rescue dogs-- Jaida is the most expensive rescue ever--
Two knee surgeries: $10,000.
A stinky kiss from here: Priceless
Who me? Overthinking? Never! Your t-shirt sounds hysterical, I'll need one for Cait too. She is working on the Table Cards for the wedding and making herself out of her mind loopy over them. The fonts are all super similar but the one font has a nicer M yet the other has a better A. For *days* she has been stressing over this.
I wonder where she gets it from. Apples, trees, I mean-- who can say???

@bcgal00 How many days a week do you actually stay home? You are the busiest and most social person I know.
When you do have time to scrap, you are going to have the best catalog of photos to pick from. Everything you do and where you go is incredibly interesting and fun. Have a fun time at the lake today, I hope you get to see the grebes.
"They bicker but have endured" is the best and most accurate description of my parents ever!

@JeanneMN I see congrats are in order with your new banner under your screen name :love:
Hope that the rain has slowed down and your lawn dries out. I have been shocked that my nephew's baseball games have still been going on with the heat indexes as high as they are. My brother bought a large battery-operated fan to keep in the dugout for the kids, esp the catcher. They won't cancel the games until there is lightening.
Dreary days make me sleepy too.

HAGD, my lOvelies!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! I have a few hours to myself, so I can scrap and chat earlier today! Mark's working some overtime today, and his shoulder is feeling sore but overall very good. He's down to 1 x weekly PT with one day of home exercise. We bought the weights and everything so he'll be successful. Yesterday was the first home day, and it was hard for him but he did it. I'm very proud of him.
After work, we're going to CarMax to see what's out there. This new job will require us to get a second vehicle. With both of us working, one car won't be sustainable. I'm looking a budget, and of course he's looking at a budget buster! :banghead: I don't want to get a car to get to work if the car becomes the only reason to work. KWIM? But I'm excited about the job. I have not formally accepted it but will. I feel seriously called to do this - it is out of the blue, completely, was not looking, and here it is. I'm not sure if I told you all what the job is - I'll be a Ministry Assistant for our discipleship at church. You know how I've said I want to serve people now that mom's gone? Well here is!
Because I can't do much more for the shower (other than buying the gifts for the game winners), I signed up for a Fire Building Course on Sunday.
Chris this just totally made me laugh out loud. The two things seem just polar opposite of each other! Is this tomorrow (or have I lost a week? ) Have fun and can't wait to here about it! Maybe you should sign up for Survivor!!
Today is the FP
I've seen this acronym before and the life of me can't figure this out! What is this?
That's so funny!!! My dad always said the "nuts" don't fall far - I made a layout about that way back in the day. The date on this was 2009!!

AMC_AmyFlanagan_Nuts_300.jpg

Also @faerywings You seem so suited for being a preschool teacher !! I bet the littles thought you were so much fun!

@JeanneMN congrats on being a new Cheery-O!
@bcgal00 Can't wait to see baby grebe pictures!
@vickyday hope you feel better soon!

Have a good day everyone!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Amy- That is pretty much how I roll-- I'm a walking contradiction LOL! Way back in the day, my friends teased me that I was a Preschool teacher by day, a headbanger at night. Picture me on the floor with kids everywhere, singing little fingerplays about pumpkins. Then I would go home to my tattooed, long-haired playing in a metal band hubby.
FP is the food pantry. I used to go regularly since Gary's disability doesn't cover anywhere near NJ living expenses. :/ Cait and Tom help with groceries and with my PT job, I have a little more breathing room in the budget, but not enough to close the gap so I can start paying down the debt.

I hear ya about the second car. Gary is mostly housebound and I only cleaned houses for some extra $ a day or two a week. Now that I started working a few days a week, plus the cleaning, he feels "trapped" not having a car. But even trying to get a beater is $$$$$. I hope you find one that makes you both happy and your checkbook too!

ETA: Caitlyn's shower is next Sunday ♥

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It's raining!!! Got a small shower late yesterday afternoon... but then it started raining around 7PM and woke up to rain this morning! Not a heavy downpour but a nice and steady rain that has time to soak into the ground. Opened the front and family room patio door and letting the house cool off. It is only 65F outside right now. Can't open the master bedroom patio door as the rain is hitting it. It should stop raining before noon. I have to take the tops back to Sam's as they are too big. Hope they still have the size I need on sale.

Had a bit of a restless night... the 2 frozen spots on the face are itching a bit but I didn't put a Band-Air on them... left them open to the air and hope they heal up quickly. Had to put a large Band-Aid over the 2 spots on the side as they are bigger and itching. I keep scratching at them. The Band-Aid protects them and keeps the bra from rubbing them.

Downloaded a collection this morning to use for my July Challenge. Tossing around a few ideas for it. Never know for sure until I work with it as to what will be in the challenge. Going to throw some stuff on a blank page and see where it goes from there!! :lol23:

The coin counter from Amazon arrived just before the rain started last evening. Did a trail run with a few coins and think it is going to work out just fine. Have a few different coin wraps so will play around with which ones work the best.

Hey, @mimes1 congrats on the new job! Hope the 2 of you can agree on the 2nd car. Guess the person who will be driving it the most should have the most to say on it. Glad to hear that Mark's arm and PT at home is going well. I just ran across the bands and pulley system that I used when I had my rotator cuff surgery/PT. I still "walk the wall" if the shoulder/s gets to aching.

@bcgal00 Wow... you are one busy bee with all the new groups you have joined. I am with you.... have to have my white board to keep up with where/when.

@faerywings Glad to hear your parents had a good anniversary. Hope they stay in a good mood for awhile longer. Thanks for saying when the shower is... I am sure it will be filled with laughter and fun for everyone.

BBL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:dancing6:
It rained!!!! I don't know how much we got but it rained overnight and my plants are going to be so happy! I even turned the AC off at 3 am when Whisky woke me up to take her outside. I *hate* sleeping with the ACs running, the sound makes my head buzz. Gary will turn them back on as soon as he wakes up but at least I have some fresh air and can hear the birds singing ATM.
I can't blame him for needing the air on, the heat makes his blood sugar levels spiral. Does anyone else's DH have that problem? Meanwhile, I am so much happier when it is hot than in the winter. We are a match made in heaven :giggle4:

Speaking of a match made in heaven, my parents were having a pleasant anniversary when I called them. They had a fancy-for-them breakfast on their deck and were attempting to go out for dinner. Maybe there is hope after all LOL

I wandered around a bunch of stores yesterday looking for some cute things for the shower games prizes, not happy with most of what I saw. I ended up getting some bars of lavender/coffee soaps and lavender washcloths. I'll tie them together with some fancy ribbons, pack them in the organza bags and that's that.
Today is the FP and then I should catch up on housework and laundry.
Hold me back, I don't think I can handle that amount of fun. :floorlaugh:

Sending love to you all
I'm glad YOU got some rain! Wish that we would!
Sooooo, Mark has diabetes 2.....I wonder if that is why he loves the house to be so cold....same as your DH???? HMMM!
So glad your parents had a nice anniversary! Yeah, I get it. My parents always bickered, too, but when push came to rub, they were crazy in love!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday So sorry that your and Mark's stomachs are not doing so great, hope that today is much better.
Good luck repackaging and pricing your craft supplies.

@BrightEyes I hate when times/responsibilities catch me by surprise-- but I know you will have the July challenge ready to go in no time. As for it being almost July-- iy yi yiiii. :ignore1:
Hope the derm appt went well.

@MariJ For real-- I'd rather go back to school in September than August, too.
The catch with the Highlands Natural Pool is that it is 100% natural and that includes critters. It's all about location, love to see the snakes on the ground/trail but swimming with them? Nope! :p
They mostly stay on the far side of the pool and really no different than swimming in a lake but still.
Did it rain by you last night?

@mimes1 Congrats!!!!!! So happy that you got the job although I am not surprised. yay!!

@Terri M We tried netting over the blueberry bushes but then we didn't get any berries that year. No idea if it's just one of those things, but if the birds are happy, then I am happy :D
Cowbirds are evil. Scott has one that is at his feeder often and he yells at it for being an a-hole bird. :giggle4:

@pachimac Susie-- you have a lot of people here who are sending hugs and support. Do you feel us?? :grouphugyay:
That's going to be exciting when you get the photos from the disposable camera. I hope there are some good memories and fun pictures to scrap.
Soooo dang proud of you for the lifestyle changes! Scales can be addicting and frustrating and everything bad to our brains. Just keep telling yourself that you are not a number, and so much more than a number. Take that with a grain of salt coming from me but maybe it will help. I have gotten much better about weighing myself and how it affects me but it also depends on the time/day, the color of my socks, and how the planets are aligned :/ YMMV hehe
I hope that Mei gets switched to a better position soon. CS has to be awful, people can be so mean.
Don't get me started on grocery prices and how much the stores are profiting while they keep raising the prices. All of the major companies-- record profits, stock buybacks, CEO pay raises, and the rest of us are struggling.
:soapbox:

@taxed4ever Did you and Linda enjoy the peaceful lake or did you guys vent about the chaos from the move? Perhaps a bit of both? It seems like the majority of it is getting finished and hopefully you will be back here in July. We miss you!
Good luck with the painting project today.

@Cherylndesigns I don't have any dental insurance and don't want to even think about what it would cost if anything happened to my teeth. I am debating whether I can afford to get a good cleaning done before the wedding. pfft.
Who me? Overthinking? Never! Your t-shirt sounds hysterical, I'll need one for Cait too. She is working on the Table Cards for the wedding and making herself out of her mind loopy over them. The fonts are all super similar but the one font has a nicer M yet the other has a better A. For *days* she has been stressing over this.

@bcgal00 How many days a week do you actually stay home? You are the busiest and most social person I know.
When you do have time to scrap, you are going to have the best catalog of photos to pick from. Everything you do and where you go is incredibly interesting and fun. Have a fun time at the lake today, I hope you get to see the grebes.
"They bicker but have endured" is the best and most accurate description of my parents ever!

@JeanneMN I see congrats are in order with your new banner under your screen name :love:
Hope that the rain has slowed down and your lawn dries out. I have been shocked that my nephew's baseball games have still been going on with the heat indexes as high as they are. My brother bought a large battery-operated fan to keep in the dugout for the kids, esp the catcher. They won't cancel the games until there is lightening.
Dreary days make me sleepy too.

HAGD, my lOvelies!
Tummies are a tad better today but Mark is still only allowing himself toast or saltine crackers. I ate some yogurt this morning. We shall see how the day progresses!
Believe it or not, I'm rethinking selling some of my craft stuff as I started watching Finnabair's YouTube videos yesterday! I already have a project in the planning stages, LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning to all!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Mark and I are still dealing with our tummies today, but they are a bit better than yesterday!
I started watching Finnabair's YouTube videos yesterday and am rethinking selling some of my craft stuff! I have a project in the planning stages right now, LOL! We shall see how it goes!
Still no mojo to do any scrapping, however! I am hoping the July challenges will strike a nerve, LOL!
I need to do laundry today, but whether that actually get done or not, we shall see!
No cooking is on the horizon until Mark's Ozempic settles down! I can live with that! ;)
Take care!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It's raining!!! Got a small shower late yesterday afternoon... but then it started raining around 7PM and woke up to rain this morning! Not a heavy downpour but a nice and steady rain that has time to soak into the ground. Opened the front and family room patio door and letting the house cool off. It is only 65F outside right now. Can't open the master bedroom patio door as the rain is hitting it. It should stop raining before noon. I have to take the tops back to Sam's as they are too big. Hope they still have the size I need on sale.

Had a bit of a restless night... the 2 frozen spots on the face are itching a bit but I didn't put a Band-Air on them... left them open to the air and hope they heal up quickly. Had to put a large Band-Aid over the 2 spots on the side as they are bigger and itching. I keep scratching at them. The Band-Aid protects them and keeps the bra from rubbing them.

Downloaded a collection this morning to use for my July Challenge. Tossing around a few ideas for it. Never know for sure until I work with it as to what will be in the challenge. Going to throw some stuff on a blank page and see where it goes from there!! :lol23:

The coin counter from Amazon arrived just before the rain started last evening. Did a trail run with a few coins and think it is going to work out just fine. Have a few different coin wraps so will play around with which ones work the best.

Hey, @mimes1 congrats on the new job! Hope the 2 of you can agree on the 2nd car. Guess the person who will be driving it the most should have the most to say on it. Glad to hear that Mark's arm and PT at home is going well. I just ran across the bands and pulley system that I used when I had my rotator cuff surgery/PT. I still "walk the wall" if the shoulder/s gets to aching.

@bcgal00 Wow... you are one busy bee with all the new groups you have joined. I am with you.... have to have my white board to keep up with where/when.

@faerywings Glad to hear your parents had a good anniversary. Hope they stay in a good mood for awhile longer. Thanks for saying when the shower is... I am sure it will be filled with laughter and fun for everyone.

BBL
I'm glad to hear you got some rain! You and Chris need to send some my way!
Hope your frozen places heal quickly!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! I have a few hours to myself, so I can scrap and chat earlier today! Mark's working some overtime today, and his shoulder is feeling sore but overall very good. He's down to 1 x weekly PT with one day of home exercise. We bought the weights and everything so he'll be successful. Yesterday was the first home day, and it was hard for him but he did it. I'm very proud of him.
After work, we're going to CarMax to see what's out there. This new job will require us to get a second vehicle. With both of us working, one car won't be sustainable. I'm looking a budget, and of course he's looking at a budget buster! :banghead: I don't want to get a car to get to work if the car becomes the only reason to work. KWIM? But I'm excited about the job. I have not formally accepted it but will. I feel seriously called to do this - it is out of the blue, completely, was not looking, and here it is. I'm not sure if I told you all what the job is - I'll be a Ministry Assistant for our discipleship at church. You know how I've said I want to serve people now that mom's gone? Well here is!

Chris this just totally made me laugh out loud. The two things seem just polar opposite of each other! Is this tomorrow (or have I lost a week? ) Have fun and can't wait to here about it! Maybe you should sign up for Survivor!!

I've seen this acronym before and the life of me can't figure this out! What is this?

That's so funny!!! My dad always said the "nuts" don't fall far - I made a layout about that way back in the day. The date on this was 2009!!

View attachment 422353

Also @faerywings You seem so suited for being a preschool teacher !! I bet the littles thought you were so much fun!

@JeanneMN congrats on being a new Cheery-O!
@bcgal00 Can't wait to see baby grebe pictures!
@vickyday hope you feel better soon!

Have a good day everyone!!
Ha! What a cute LO!
Thanks. We are feeling somewhat better today. Still can't eat much. This, too, shall pass!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I was sitting at the kitchen nook, watching tiktok videos about over 50 fashion and then D went to sit outside. We still have no railing or stairs on the deck so I don't go out there much and don't let the dogs out there but I will go out for a few min with the camera to take bird photos. This morning we spotted one of the baby Brewer's blackbirds relaxing in the pine tree so I got a few pics of him. I haven't timed it right to get mama feeding them yet tho. Mama robin was hopping around the yard with one of her babies, finding worms to feed him. He is still not feeding himself.

I've got baked potatoes in the oven, will be making a loaded baked potato salad to take to game night, along with some no bake oatmeal peanut butter balls. Our friends are making a crockpot pineapple pulled chicken recipe. We are going to teach them how to play Euchre (card game) so they can start coming with us to the club to play. The dogs always enjoy hanging out together. It's so cute that Remi has a best friend, Bella (aside from Jen's Bella).

The social dinner was fun last night at the club. We play 10 Thousand Dice game, 10 of us. Then had a potluck dinner together. They all loved my tuna parmesan macaroni salad.

@faerywings Sounds like your parents had a good day together. As for scrapping, right now I am not doing anywhere near as much as I used to. Socializing and game playing has become a big part of my schedule and it's nice b/c D gets to join in for a lot of it. I'll never give up scrapping but definitely it is taking a back burner to other things right now.

@mimes1 Happy for you for the new job. Hope you find a reasonably priced vehicle.

@BrightEyes Hope the itching settles down.

@vickyday Glad you are both on the road to feeling better.

I'm going to do some CT stuff and then head out. HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!
I took the day off yesterday. I left all electronics in the other room and put my phone on "drive mode" so it sent an auto reply to everyone that I was talking the day off. No phone. No computer. Was fabulous!!!! I had my book, my dogs, 75 degrees, and the kids and dog played in the lake. Was an amazing day. I need to do it more often. Usually have my phone next to me so I dont miss texts. But ya know what?? The texts were all there this morning and no-one had an emergency and they all lived not talking to me for a day. It was bliss. I need to do it more often. Today is suppose to be hotter. Family almost didn't get dinner last night as it as so hot in the house. No A/C here LOL So all the windows were open. Falls all on high and the thought of turning the oven on for pizza night was torture. But I made sure the fan blew directly on my feet and made dinner. Okay, off to drink coffee and then get ready for work. Have a. wonderful day.

bitzee

Good Morning!
I took the day off yesterday. I left all electronics in the other room and put my phone on "drive mode" so it sent an auto reply to everyone that I was talking the day off. No phone. No computer. Was fabulous!!!! I had my book, my dogs, 75 degrees, and the kids and dog played in the lake. Was an amazing day. I need to do it more often. Usually have my phone next to me so I dont miss texts. But ya know what?? The texts were all there this morning and no-one had an emergency and they all lived not talking to me for a day. It was bliss. I need to do it more often. Today is suppose to be hotter. Family almost didn't get dinner last night as it as so hot in the house. No A/C here LOL So all the windows were open. Falls all on high and the thought of turning the oven on for pizza night was torture. But I made sure the fan blew directly on my feet and made dinner. Okay, off to drink coffee and then get ready for work. Have a. wonderful day.
Good for you, Tracy! Being connected 24/7 isn't all it's cracked up to be. Your day sounds perfect :love:

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Between yesterday and last night we got 5 inches of rain, I truly wish I could bag it and send it to the places that need it. Looks like there is more coming this afternoon. I've heard tomorrow is going to be dry, yah heard that before, LOL, forgot what it is. Last night I woke up about 1.1 to this loud bang, and then a second one. I said to hubs, "What WAS THAT?" He said, fireworks. Even with some of our goofiest neighbors 11 pm is late for fireworks, I look outside and it's raining, great fireworks weather. I thought maybe electrical transformer, there's one up the road from us, but our electricity is still on so I go back to sleep. About 3 he wakes me up and tells me I might as well take off my cpap, the electricity has been off for an hour, this is while he's shining a flashlight in my face. Then he grabs his pillow and says he's going downstairs so he can get some sleep because I'm making noises sleeping on my back. Well, yes darlin', I've been breathing my own recycled air for an hour! I'm the person that normally walks around the house with the lights off, plus the bathroom is the only place I walk to at night and it's across the hall from the bedroom. He asks me where my flashlight is and I reply, "I don't know, I don't need it". Well, he finds it and shines THAT in my face, I noticed my light is yellower than his before I turn and go into the bathroom, sans flashlight of course. Anyway, a couple hours later the electricity comes back on, I hear the ceiling fan start again, open one eye and discover all of the smart bulbs are being dumb bulbs and turned on, I didn't need any more lights in my eyes so I rolled over and went back to sleep. @faerywings I think we are the Laurel & Hardy version of your parents.

@faerywings & @mimes Thank you so much, right now I feel like I did with 2 flashlights in my face or that I've just walked into an airport.

I went out to check on the garden, the air is so thick I had to slice it in order to walk through it, not a good time for me to out. The pond pump timer is messed up so hubs will have to fix that when he gets home. I had to relocate some water lettuce that is a floating surface plant because when the water was high in the pond they were left in the planted pots, when the runoff pipe had a chance to catch up.

While hubs is out of the house, I'm going to see if I can get a layout done. Have a lovely day everyone.

AK_Tracy

Between yesterday and last night we got 5 inches of rain, I truly wish I could bag it and send it to the places that need it. Looks like there is more coming this afternoon. I've heard tomorrow is going to be dry, yah heard that before, LOL, forgot what it is. Last night I woke up about 11 to this loud bang, and then a second one. I said to hubs, "What WAS THAT?" He said, fireworks. Even with some of our goofiest neighbors 11 pm is late for fireworks, I look outside and it's raining, great fireworks weather. I thought maybe electrical transformer, there's one up the road from us, but our electricity is still on so I go back to sleep. About 3 he wakes me up and tells me I might as well take off my cpap, the electricity has been off for an hour, this is while he's shining a flashlight in my face. Then he grabs his pillow and says he's going downstairs so he can get some sleep because I'm making noises sleeping on my back. Well, yes darlin', I've been breathing my own recycled air for an hour! I'm the person that normally walks around the house with the lights off, plus the bathroom is the only place I walk to at night and it's across the hall from the bedroom. He asks me where my flashlight is and I reply, "I don't know, I don't need it". Well, he finds it and shines THAT in my face, I noticed my light is yellower than his before I turn and go into the bathroom, sans flashlight of course. Anyway, a couple hours later the electricity comes back on, I hear the ceiling fan start again, open one eye and discover all of the smart bulbs are being dumb bulbs and turned on, I didn't need any more lights in my eyes so I rolled over and went back to sleep. @faerywings I think we are the Laurel & Hardy version of your parents.

@faerywings & @mimes Thank you so much, right now I feel like I did with 2 flashlights in my face or that I've just walked into an airport.

I went out to check on the garden, the air is so thick I had to slice it in order to walk through it, not a good time for me to out. The pond pump timer is messed up so hubs will have to fix that when he gets home. I had to relocate some water lettuce that is a floating surface plant because when the water was high in the pond they were left in the planted pots, when the runoff pipe had a chance to catch up.

While hubs is out of the house, I'm going to see if I can get a layout done. Have a lovely day everyone.
I love your way with words and descriptions!!! I can so feel the night and flashlights!! Ugh why must they shine lights in our face?!

Congrats on the new Cherry-O. You will be amazing! Oh wait, you ARE amazing!!! Congrats Twin!

Last edited by a moderator:

MariJ

@faerywings
Chris, no! We did not get any rain last night and we need it. Only thing good about it is my grass doesn't grow so I don't have to mow!
Today the town pool was rolling along so nicely when the lightning alarm went off - Aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!! Which means everyone has to not only vacate the pool but the POOL GROUNDS and take all of your things with you. And there's no idea when the "safe" alarm will sound. Could be 10 min - could be 2 hours. A lot of people left, a bunch more stood outside but since it was already almost 2:00 I left, boo. I heard some thunder too, which means 20 minutes out of the pool from the last thunder heard. But, at least we get to stay on the grass and inside.... It's been sun/clouds since then but it's still hot, of course.

I used to love ponds and things natural, not so sure now. It sounds like an interesting place, though!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend....

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
@AK_Tracy Oh, you are too sweet Twin, I'm always a bit of a basket case when faced with brand new situations:bouncing::dancing6::dancingbfly:, been like that forever, once I calm down and catch on to things I'll do my best to make you proud dance3 :floorlaugh:

So when hubs got home from his playdate with his bil he was telling me about the cause of the power outage. So I asked him why he let me rebreathe my same air for over an hour. He said, "I kept thinking it was going to come back on." I'm like, "Seriously for an hour? Did you maybe think that's why I was making noise sleeping on my back ? OMG, some days I gotta wonder :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree that's for sure. You BOTH need one of my t shirts. Whenever I have it on, everybody laughs but not as much as when I have on my "Nope - Not Today". I also have one that says "Zero Days without Sarcasm". There's a little box with a check mark in it. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't have dental insurance either. We DID until all the entanglements after Chuck passed away. I called Delta Dental - AKA a representative in India, who "took care of it" for me. Yeah right. I wanted to report his passing, but wanted to stay on there. No PROBLEM - that's a scary thing to see. Then a few months later I get a bill for Chuck's dental plan (REALLY???) and I'm not on it.) Anyway, it's a big convoluted mess, and I'm still fighting with them, they could have had another customer IF they'd know what they were doing. I need to get off my soapbox now - but wait, I owe them money - even tho I cancelled him. I'm SO over it but I don't have dental insurance now. It scares me to death, even though it wasn't all that, it was something. I'm sorry, but today is the fifth anniversary of his death and the dental insurance is a hot button issue for me. How do these big companies keep on going - that's what I want to know.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Ok this is Theryl trying to be nice and normal.

I've been MIA most all of the day. Today was declared a "family work day" for the compound. It started at 7 AM and I got home about 2. Stayed home for awhile then headed up to the pool and the whole family was there. Came home about 5:30 and have been playing catch up ever since.

We have "family work days" every once in awhile and sometimes it benefits me, so I have to help when it's somebody else. It's really pretty fun to have a family compound and we all pitch in and help each other every so often. Last time was when we were getting two of the rental properties ready to put on the market. They're both rented now.

I hope to be the recipient soon to put the memory bench and totem together, but other things took priority today. We did break for lunch about noon and all went to Nancy's.

Miss you all and hope to be able to be around more - probably not tomorrow, during the day, because we have errands to run, but hopefully tomorrow evening.

XOXO

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'm so sick and tired of the air conditioning. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have it but the noise is too much and I need the fresh air. Not even going to think about the electric bill and it is only June. :thud:

Did everyone have a good start to the weekend? FP was good, I was in and out in less than a half hour. I got a box of Entenmanns Little Bites and when Scott stopped in, he was super excited to grab a bag of them. I'm tellin' ya, it's always the little things.
I was glad he stopped in, he needed a refill of cold water. The county sponsored a hike/walk for Suicide Awareness yesterday morning at the park near my house. He had about 40 people on the hike but said it was disgustingly humid and buggy but everyone did well. I would have gone but I *had* to go to the FP, it had been 2 months since I last went and I was running out of everything.

I am off to the Fire Building Course this morning, so I am going to wrap this up so I can get there on time. I need to braid my hair which is going to be like wrangling snakes. The humidity is awful for it.

Have a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@mimes1 any luck car shopping?

@BrightEyes yay for the rain! We got a little here last night too!
I hope that your skin heals quickly. Can you put aloe on them to soothe them?

@vickyday My mojo has been MIA too but I did Carol W's template challenge and that helped recharge me a bit. Hope yours comes back soon. Hope the tummy is better as well. I'd love to share the rain but it wasn't enough to make much of a difference.
;/

@bcgal00 you don't need over 50 fashion-- you look way younger and pull off whatever you like!
So happy that you are loving life and that D is being social with you. ♥

@AK_Tracy Wow!! I am proud of you, I don't know if I could unplug but you sound refreshed! And I don't mean by F5! :D

@bitzee Always nice to see you pop in!

@JeanneMN OMG-- I am LMBO at your CPAP/power outage story. Glad the power came back on semi-quickly. Hope that the rain is done with you and can move to the East Coast.

@MariJ Any rain last night? We get little spritzes and then a few minutes of rain and then back to HHH.

@Cherylndesigns ugh---- sorry about Delta Dental. I had them for a while and when I needed a filling, they would only cover a metal filling- which my dentist told me wasn't even done anymore. Pfft.
Love the family work days concept, I bet everyone can get a boatload of stuff done that way. Hope your day comes up soon!

Time to go wrestle some snakes :whip3:

xo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@mimes1 any luck car shopping?

@BrightEyes yay for the rain! We got a little here last night too!
I hope that your skin heals quickly. Can you put aloe on them to soothe them?

@vickyday My mojo has been MIA too but I did Carol W's template challenge and that helped recharge me a bit. Hope yours comes back soon. Hope the tummy is better as well. I'd love to share the rain but it wasn't enough to make much of a difference.
;/

@bcgal00 you don't need over 50 fashion-- you look way younger and pull off whatever you like!
So happy that you are loving life and that D is being social with you. ♥

@AK_Tracy Wow!! I am proud of you, I don't know if I could unplug but you sound refreshed! And I don't mean by F5! :D

@bitzee Always nice to see you pop in!

@JeanneMN OMG-- I am LMBO at your CPAP/power outage story. Glad the power came back on semi-quickly. Hope that the rain is done with you and can move to the East Coast.

@MariJ Any rain last night? We get little spritzes and then a few minutes of rain and then back to HHH.

@Cherylndesigns ugh---- sorry about Delta Dental. I had them for a while and when I needed a filling, they would only cover a metal filling- which my dentist told me wasn't even done anymore. Pfft.
Love the family work days concept, I bet everyone can get a boatload of stuff done that way. Hope your day comes up soon!

Time to go wrestle some snakes :whip3:

xo
I may have to take a look at the template challenge and see if it inspires me.
Mark is still more nauseous than not but I'm better. Was able to eat more yesterday anyway.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone,
Quick in and out before I have to get ready for church.
Already hot and humid so another day of staying in the house in the AC.
Today is the funeral of our dear friend, Carolyn. I'll end up with a headache from crying. Thoughts and prayers appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.

Celestine

Good morning, all! My guests have left, the house is still clean, the berries are picked and I watered all the plants (and then it poured last night), so I finally have some time for scrapping today. It was so nice to spend time with good friends. One even brought her son, who is in the Navy and traveling cross country right now to a new assignment post. He is one of my son's best friends from high school, and we very rarely get to see him these days, so that was a special treat. Our elderly dog, who needs assistance standing and maneuvering steps (blind, deaf and osteoarthritis), has been very stable over the past week, and for that we are thankful. He has enjoyed what I am sure will be his last berry season. That dog would make a steady diet of berries if we let him. Maybe those extra anti-inflammatory properties are helping him right now!

@faerywings I haven't heard of heat making blood sugar levels spike, and I will be interested to hear what others say about that. Diabetes runs in my family, but I don't recall any family members mentioning that.

@mimes1 It is wonderful to hear about your new job. Good luck with it and it sounds perfect for you. Glad to hear Mark's shoulder is doing somewhat better and the home therapy is starting.

@vickyday I've missed a few days checking in here because I had company and didn't see where you posted about being ill, but I had a 24-hour stomach bug a little over a week ago that had me so ill I fainted. I haven't had that happen in years. It was a nasty bug, so I hope you are feeling better. Take it slow.

@bcgal00 Oh, euchre. Huge in my husband's family. As in they used to have a tournament during the summer family reunion at a picnic shelter. About 40 of them would play cards all day in terrible heat.

@AK_Tracy Good on you for taking a day off, and an electronic cleanse at that! I've always said to my kids that my phone is for my convenience and not yours, so they are used to me not being plugged in constantly. Turning it off for a day is a perfect way for you to show them that they don't need to be constantly plugged in either.

@JeanneMN It sounds like you had quite the night. My son was in the Boundary Waters putting in at Ely last week, and I know they had some terrible weather, including hail while out in the backwoods. I've been watching the radar all week but the storms threatening us keep going north. It is very dry here because the bad weather keeps bypassing us, but the Mississippi River is really high from all the rain hitting Minnesota and Wisconsin. That doesn't happen too often, so it is obvious you have been getting tons of rain!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Ah, the monsoon season and rains are finally here. It rained again yesterday with more rain off and on over the next several days. The bad thing is with the high humidity (during the rains) my arthritis in the feet and hands is acting up again. But I can deal with that as we need the rain.

I was able to exchange the tees for the right size... and they fit so much better. Spent part of the day working on the July challenge. It came together so quickly once I got started on it. Even finished another soon to be released collection LO.

My sister called in the afternoon and we had a nice long talk. Then last evening, had a call from a Red Hat friend who lives about 120 miles away. She is making plans to be in my area in the next week or two. Can't wait to visit with her. Turns out her son and family live in the neighborhood close to me.

@vickyday Sorry you and DH are both having stomach problems again. Hope things settle down for both of you.

@Celestine Sounds like it was a wonderful time with your company visiting.

Need to go close up the house as the temp is climbing. Then have a few chores to get done. CYL

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Lovelies!
@JeanneMN How are you???? Saw massive flooding in my hubby hometown in MN and wondered about you. Are you doing okay with all the rain? Are you flooding? Stay safe my sweet Twin.

I wish the MN Rain would move on and you all who need it could get some.

Yesterday we had another hot day of 77* and sun. Might have to water the lawn today since its been so hot. I was sad to be at work yesterday as the grand came and played in the lake. Thankfully DD sent me photos but oh it was hard to be at work knowing they were playing and I was missing it. We have a big duck blow up and one grand refused to get off of it. She wanted to be pushed all around on the duck. Nope, not going home, not getting out. My son said it was funny how she refused to get off.

Have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning, all! My guests have left, the house is still clean, the berries are picked and I watered all the plants (and then it poured last night), so I finally have some time for scrapping today. It was so nice to spend time with good friends. One even brought her son, who is in the Navy and traveling cross country right now to a new assignment post. He is one of my son's best friends from high school, and we very rarely get to see him these days, so that was a special treat. Our elderly dog, who needs assistance standing and maneuvering steps (blind, deaf and osteoarthritis), has been very stable over the past week, and for that we are thankful. He has enjoyed what I am sure will be his last berry season. That dog would make a steady diet of berries if we let him. Maybe those extra anti-inflammatory properties are helping him right now!

@faerywings I haven't heard of heat making blood sugar levels spike, and I will be interested to hear what others say about that. Diabetes runs in my family, but I don't recall any family members mentioning that.

@mimes1 It is wonderful to hear about your new job. Good luck with it and it sounds perfect for you. Glad to hear Mark's shoulder is doing somewhat better and the home therapy is starting.

@vickyday I've missed a few days checking in here because I had company and didn't see where you posted about being ill, but I had a 24-hour stomach bug a little over a week ago that had me so ill I fainted. I haven't had that happen in years. It was a nasty bug, so I hope you are feeling better. Take it slow.

@bcgal00 Oh, euchre. Huge in my husband's family. As in they used to have a tournament during the summer family reunion at a picnic shelter. About 40 of them would play cards all day in terrible heat.

@AK_Tracy Good on you for taking a day off, and an electronic cleanse at that! I've always said to my kids that my phone is for my convenience and not yours, so they are used to me not being plugged in constantly. Turning it off for a day is a perfect way for you to show them that they don't need to be constantly plugged in either.

@JeanneMN It sounds like you had quite the night. My son was in the Boundary Waters putting in at Ely last week, and I know they had some terrible weather, including hail while out in the backwoods. I've been watching the radar all week but the storms threatening us keep going north. It is very dry here because the bad weather keeps bypassing us, but the Mississippi River is really high from all the rain hitting Minnesota and Wisconsin. That doesn't happen too often, so it is obvious you have been getting tons of rain!
Celestine, I'm glad you are better!
And I'm glad to be able to tell you our stomach issues are not viral but mine is usually IBS related and DH started taking Ozempic for his type 2 diabetes last Thursday and it makes him nauseous and really cuts his appetite severely. He does better after he has been on it for a while but it's rough at this stage of the game. He was on it before but then the pharmacy couldn't get it for those who need it because people who wanted it for dieting caused the shortage. So I pray he doesn't have to keep going through this!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Ah, the monsoon season and rains are finally here. It rained again yesterday with more rain off and on over the next several days. The bad thing is with the high humidity (during the rains) my arthritis in the feet and hands is acting up again. But I can deal with that as we need the rain.

I was able to exchange the tees for the right size... and they fit so much better. Spent part of the day working on the July challenge. It came together so quickly once I got started on it. Even finished another soon to be released collection LO.

My sister called in the afternoon and we had a nice long talk. Then last evening, had a call from a Red Hat friend who lives about 120 miles away. She is making plans to be in my area in the next week or two. Can't wait to visit with her. Turns out her son and family live in the neighborhood close to me.

@vickyday Sorry you and DH are both having stomach problems again. Hope things settle down for both of you.

@Celestine Sounds like it was a wonderful time with your company visiting.

Need to go close up the house as the temp is climbing. Then have a few chores to get done. CYL
Thank you, Kay! And I hope Arthur doesn't treat you too badly during the rainy season!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies. I spent the morning at the lake taking photos and then had some ball play with Remi at the park. I'm home for the afternoon, will have dinner and then head out to the lake again for a few hours, hoping to get some baby grebe photos. Ran into a lady who got some photos last night so I'll get out there tonight to see if I can be as lucky. I got some cute shots of the baby coots and chatted with another photographer for a long time as we both snapped pics of the birds diving into the water to feed. It's a wonderful way to spend the morning. It was getting quite hot so I think going after dinner will be nice as it'll cool off a bit.

Taught our friends how to play euchre. They need more practice, the wife likes it but her hubs is not sure if he's going to like it, he found it confusing. We ended up playing canasta after that and didn't get home til around 12:30 am. My baked potato salad was a hit, can't go wrong with baked potato, mayo, ranch dressing powder, sour cream, bacon, green onion and cheese.

Early tomorrow morning I'll pick up a friend and her dog and all of us will go out to the botanical garden. The dogs will have a blast running around and I'll get more photos of the flowers. It'll be fun to see what is blooming now as its been a month since I last went.

@faerywings I'm like you, I don't really care for the A/C, only when really needed. It gives me a headache and dries my eyes out. I have to keep bugging D to keep it turned lower than he would like.

@AK_Tracy I'm doing the same thing on a smaller scale. Almost every night I put my phone aside and stay off the computer. During the day I am getting outdoors more so not checking my phone much at all aside from reading my book on it.

I'm loading photos from this morning so will post a few on FB in a bit and need to get lunch.

Enjoy the day everyone.