Oscraps

Daily Ooos: June 18-19: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Guess what? The weather gave me a big boost in my procrastination yesterday. I was all ready to work outside- had on my hat and my bug spray and it started to sprinkle a little bit. There were still patches of blue sky so I thought I would wait it out. Nope-- downpours minutes later. No yard work (bug squishing) for me. By the time the sun came out later in the afternoon, everything was way too soggy to work in the dirt. Oh well ;)

Instead, I did some more scrapping and tidying the house. I had more fun playing around with out-of-the-box techniques for a Foxeysquirrel page. I ran a file through an oil painting filter, then made the page. When that was done, I ran the entire page through another painting filter to make it look like it had brush strokes and then added a frame to the whole page. I never would have tried that out on a more traditional page. It was really fun. I really don't consider myself a creative person so this is kinda neat.

Caitlyn and I are off to the FP this morning and then if it does out, I am going to work on the bugs eating my poor plants. Then I have to figure out what to cook for dinner - I have gotten totally lazy with that and can't see make any plans for it.

And no Eva, I am NOT making spaghetti and ketchup bwuauahahha!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns I don't think I have ever seen you the Ooos so early in the morning.
Thank you so much for the patience vibes, they helped.
How is Ava feeling today? I saw the photos on FB at the Tie Die shop, That must have been a blast! Sending you lots and lots of hugs today as Asher heads back home. You gave him an incredible gift of time with CiCi.

@BrightEyes I am happy for you that you get some cool breezes in the morning, it makes the house feel nice to have the fresh air. Is the heat supposed to break at some point or will this be it for most of the summer?
Yay for the rains!
Keep that knee up and feel better :)

@tanteva I will never make it as a Swede! Ketchup on pasta with hot dogs? Eep.
Sending you hugs for today, funeral services are never easy
And stop it, you are nowhere near Jabba, everyone's clothes are a little snug after Covid Years. xo

@bcgal00 I saw some more of your Kamloops photos on FB this morning and OMG-- incredible!!!

@taxed4ever yay for sunshine!! Weather forecasts are wrong so often but I am thrilled that you got to see the sun. Did you get to trim back the roses?
I saw your post about how to share videos. I hope that you can figure it out, I would love to see that card.
Have a nice time today getting ready for the ILs visit tomorrow

Hugs to you all!! xoxoxo

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. Oh my goodness...so far behind. Hasn't this been the greatest birthday party? Of course, I always love the birthday parties at the O! And I have scrapped more than I ever have. I have 2 pages that I need to make today and then I will have done every layout. I know...for most of you, that isn't impressive, but for me it's amazing.

What's going on here? Well, we got an increase in our car insurance yesterday? I was ranting about it on Facebook yesterday and it appears that I am still in a foul mood today. It went up $114 a month. We have no tickets or accidents on any records. Both kids have good student discounts. We have 3 vehicles---a 2018 Elantra, a 2017 Taurus and a 2012 Compass---nothing impressive. And we now pay $955 a month. Seriously...this is just unbelievable. Promise...last rant on that subject!

The Amazon drivers continue to make multiple stops with things for Syd's dorm room! The things are piling up in my office. I told her to keep the refrigerator in there so that we didn't have to take that upstairs and the next thing that I know, she has left everything there. :rolleyes: She is using the office to store her blue IKEA bags as she packs them.

@faerywings how are your folks? I need to go back and catch up on the last couple of days in the Daily O's. And @Cherylndesigns I am thinking of you today as Asher heads back home.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am doing a happy dance this morning!!! It RAINED!!!!#kissThe rain started yesterday evening around 6 PM and was still raining when I went to bed. Woke up at 3:30 AM and it was raining then until 5:30 AM!!! Not real heavy - just a nice soaker. That is the first rain we have had in 3 months. More rain is predicted for this afternoon and into next week... maybe all the way to Thursday!!! I have the whole house with the windows open in every room. It smells so fresh and sweet. And I just saw 8 hot air balloons up in the sky over the neighborhood. I have a grin on my face from ear to ear.

I got a haircut early yesterday morning. Went back to my modified pixie cut so it is wash'n'wear again. Did a shudder when I saw the price is now almost double what it was back at the start of the year and that is without a shampoo. I did notice that the gas price dropped about 10 cents a gallon this week. Still have an almost full tank so didn't get any.

Had a bit of scare yesterday... was starting to work in PSE when it crashed 2 times in a row! Did a restart and it went into a Windows update!!! I held my breath when that was done... and PSE worked fine after that. Whew!! Since I was awake so early this AM, I got a Birthday Bash LO done and uploaded to the gallery. Yes, the knee is still aching so can't spend a lot of time on the computer yet.

Heard from DSon#1 yesterday, he has just put his house in Las Vegas, Nevada on the market. It is 4,560 sq ft - 3 story with 5 bedrooms 4 baths plus an elevator. Hope it sells quickly. He bought it when his step-daughter and family were going to be living with him. She and her family now have their own house and it is just DSon and his wife in the house. As he said... it is time to downsize.

Chris, I saw your LO on FB and love it! Wow... it turned out great! I may have to try that paint filter as it sure added a lot to the LO. Sorry it was too soggy for you get some yard work time.

Linda, that is outrageous for car insurance! Can't believe that it jumped that much in 1 month. But, I do remember much more expensive it is when you have drivers under 25 years old. We had 4 kids under 25 at one time and had 6 cars. Was LOL over your 'joke'?? about moving back to the mid-west in a few years.

Cheryl, I know how sad you are that Archer is heading home today. What a wonderful and busy vacation it was for him.

Trudy, think the plan to rent a bus to make the drive to the next hiking place makes lots of sense.

Well, the sun is out and shining in the windows, so time to close the house up. Have a great weekend.

LSlycord

I'm jumping on the Chris bandwagon...nope, not trying ketchup on spaghetti. Although, to be honest, I kind of think it wouldn't be that bad...but nope, just not trying it. I did have a friend years ago...he put ketchup on beef and noodles as well as on mashed potatoes. Now, if you break it down...french fries are potatoes and I do ketchup there...plus I add ketchup to fried potatoes or hash browns. But nope...not going on my spaghetti or mashed potatoes.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm jumping on the Chris bandwagon...nope, not trying ketchup on spaghetti. Although, to be honest, I kind of think it wouldn't be that bad...but nope, just not trying it. I did have a friend years ago...he put ketchup on beef and noodles as well as on mashed potatoes. Now, if you break it down...french fries are potatoes and I do ketchup there...plus I add ketchup to fried potatoes or hash browns. But nope...not going on my spaghetti or mashed potatoes.
OF COURSE you have to have ketchup on mashed potatoes!!!! What's wrong with you people???!!! LOL

LSlycord

I am doing a happy dance this morning!!! It RAINED!!!!#kissThe rain started yesterday evening around 6 PM and was still raining when I went to bed. Woke up at 3:30 AM and it was raining then until 5:30 AM!!! Not real heavy - just a nice soaker. That is the first rain we have had in 3 months. More rain is predicted for this afternoon and into next week... maybe all the way to Thursday!!! I have the whole house with the windows open in every room. It smells so fresh and sweet. And I just saw 8 hot air balloons up in the sky over the neighborhood. I have a grin on my face from ear to ear.

I got a haircut early yesterday morning. Went back to my modified pixie cut so it is wash'n'wear again. Did a shudder when I saw the price is now almost double what it was back at the start of the year and that is without a shampoo. I did notice that the gas price dropped about 10 cents a gallon this week. Still have an almost full tank so didn't get any.

Had a bit of scare yesterday... was starting to work in PSE when it crashed 2 times in a row! Did a restart and it went into a Windows update!!! I held my breath when that was done... and PSE worked fine after that. Whew!! Since I was awake so early this AM, I got a Birthday Bash LO done and uploaded to the gallery. Yes, the knee is still aching so can't spend a lot of time on the computer yet.

Heard from DSon#1 yesterday, he has just put his house in Las Vegas, Nevada on the market. It is 4,560 sq ft - 3 story with 5 bedrooms 4 baths plus an elevator. Hope it sells quickly. He bought it when his step-daughter and family were going to be living with him. She and her family now have their own house and it is just DSon and his wife in the house. As he said... it is time to downsize.

Chris, I saw your LO on FB and love it! Wow... it turned out great! I may have to try that paint filter as it sure added a lot to the LO. Sorry it was too soggy for you get some yard work time.

Linda, that is outrageous for car insurance! Can't believe that it jumped that much in 1 month. But, I do remember much more expensive it is when you have drivers under 25 years old. We had 4 kids under 25 at one time and had 6 cars. Was LOL over your 'joke'?? about moving back to the mid-west in a few years.

Cheryl, I know how sad you are that Archer is heading home today. What a wonderful and busy vacation it was for him.

Trudy, think the plan to rent a bus to make the drive to the next hiking place makes lots of sense.

Well, the sun is out and shining in the windows, so time to close the house up. Have a great weekend.
I am so very happy that you finally got some rain! Thank goodness. And your front yard with the landscaping is beautiful. The price of a simple haircut has doubled...wow! Good to hear gas prices went down...hopefully that is a trend and you will be able to take advantage of that the next time you need to fill up. I am grateful that we don't drive much.

Oh wow! That's a huge house your son has. Sounds amazing. But sounds like it probably is time to downsize a bit. Hope it sells quickly.

And I can't even imagine having 4 kids under 25 at once with 6 cars. Thank goodness I'm not in that position. And its probably a joke about moving back to the midwest...but then, again, who knows!

tanteva

Just got home from the funeral. It was a beautiful service, though I felt a bit awkward being back at the church. Sonja was a missionary in Equador for many years, and she was so full of love and life all the way to the end. And it felt so right to be there. Few people are 300% love, joy and friendship all the time. I really wanted to honor her life.

Saddest part was that I noticed that another dear friend has ... I don't know what it's called in English??? Her mind isn't completely there, she didn't recognize me at all. Not sure if it's just age, or if she's sick or something. Her and her husband kept to themselves, he's probably helping/protecting her, cuz she clearly wasn't really aware of what was happening. So sad. Those two has always been my role model for what a marriage should be. Guess they still are, since he was there helping her. The truest love there is.

It was a nice surprise that Per-Erik Moraeus was there and played. He's a violinist & composer, and he's written the most amazing piece of music. He is from our hometown, and I think it's so great that he still plays at funerals, even though his kinda famous these days. He's played with Benny from ABBA.

Found a Youtube video with him (and "the rest of the band") playing his "Koppången", the same piece he played at the funeral today. He played it at my grand father's funeral as well. It's so amazing to see him play it. It's like he's pouring his soul out in notes.

Having a bit of a heavy heart today, but I'm alive & I have a happy life.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies! We have had showers off and on this morning. Well I guess that means we don't have to do any watering of the lawns and plants right? Today will be busy with running errands and grocery shopping. I got my cheese cake made yesterday and it turned out great! Just need to find some nice fresh blueberries to top it off with and get some whipped cream made tomorrow along with a Keto chocolate drizzle YUMMM! Will get the turkey in the oven early tomorrow morning and have everything ready for an early dinner. That way the In-Laws won't have to drive home in the dark. (not that FIL should be driving at all!). Anyway I will be busy preparing for tomorrow. My roses are blooming and if the rain stops for a bit I will go out and cut some off to bring into the house along with some of my peonies which are just stunning this year! The house will smell wonderful for a day or two. Still have not accomplished much in the way of scrapping, seems there is always something else to get done. I will try again at some point today to get my photoshop opened up.

@faerywings - I will have to get to the gallery and check out your page! It does sound very creative and interesting! Hope the trip to the FP goes well and I hope you can get rid of those pesky bugs on your plants today!

@LSlycord - Ughh on the car insurance increase!! What is the reason behind the increase??? We pay a lot for insurance too, but not as much as you!! Two vehicles to insure and both older models no accidents or tickets and actually our rates went down over the past couple of years. It just doesn't make any sense that you should be paying that much more! Sounds like you have a busy household with all the deliveries being made! How nice that you are scrapping so much, wish I had some of your mojo to get busy with my pages, could you send me some please!!

@BrightEyes - Hooray for the rain!! I can't believe that those words are being typed here LOL. Wish the tap would shut off in our area, its time for some sunshine and warmth! Wow good idea for your Son to downsize, that is a big house for just two people. Although I can talk, our place has 5 bedrooms (one is my craft room) and 4 bathrooms, its way too big for us too, but we have no where that we can go right now and cost of housing is astronomical here, so we will stay put for a few more years.

@tanteva - What a lovely service it must have been for your friend! That video is so lovely, what a talented man! Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear of your other friends dementia, it is sad to see people we admire go through that! Sending you hugs today!

Well I better get busy and get dressed so I can get to the grocery store early. Have a great Saturday everyone! I hope its a sunnier day for all of you than it is for me!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a wonderful day yesterday. I went out for a morning walk and got photos of a bird that I haven't seen before. When I post it later then someone in my Kamloops photog group will identify it for me, I'm sure. As I finished up getting those photos a couple came by and asked if I wanted to see something really cool. They led me about 100 feet away and in a group of trees there were 3 owls. I got some great shots of them. I love how friendly people are around here. The river is rising and the lower areas are on flood watch (it won't affect us, we're on much higher ground). The river is getting close to flooding the park and the city has been busy putting up barriers and sandbags. A part of the trail I usually walk is already flooded so couldn't go in there. Most of the fowl have left the river and moved further inland at the park, to small ponds that are created from the flooding. They prefer the more shallow areas. I got a lot of cool photos of them amongst the wildflowers and grassy areas.

Later in the afternoon Jen and I took the dogs to a trail I've been to before that leads us down to Cooney Bay, further down the river. We parked and set off down the trail only to find that just 30 feet along the trail it ends b/c the flooding has come inland there. It must have been like disneyland for dogs LOL. They were screeching, jumping, running and flipping all over the place with glee. The river has brought millions of pieces of driftwood inland and there was a pocket of flooded area that the dogs could safely play in that had the driftwood floating in 6-12 inches of water, about 20 square feet. They had a blast jumping around and grabbing the smaller floating pieces. Everyone was soaked by the time we headed back to the car.

Today I'll work on some CT stuff (have been saying that for a few days LOL). I've been watching the baby birds poking their heads out of the birdhouse and they must be almost full size and ready to come out to fly. Mom and dad are feeding them so often now they must be exhausted.

@faerywings Sounds like you are having fun trying new techniques for your pages lately. I have a much more traditional scrap style than most here at the O but I sure do love and appreciate those who are more creative, love to see what they come up with.

@tanteva I'm another one who has to say no to ketchup on spaghetti and no to it on mashed potatoes too. Although I love ketchup with french fries. When I was a kid I loved ketchup on pancakes and I'm sure most think that was weird.

I'm getting another coffee and heading upstairs to get dressed and carry on with my day. I got lightroom working so now the photo transfer starts with the new drive and then I can get them into lightroom too.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Looks like we cross posted again this morning Trudy. I haven't tried homemade cheesecake yet but I am considering it. I am going to make cheesecake brownies which has a cream cheese center. I am also interested in your keto choc drizzle. Is it on your Pinterest page? I should go look at that.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@faerywings Try Safer's Soap on those pesties. You can even make your own Ooo, I love that Bob Villa guy! It's totally safe for fairies and bigs. I'll come shower in your garden when you do! Great for delicate skin on my sparkly self!
O Birthday Fairy - you pop into the best places. Can you come shower your pixie dust in MY garden when you're done with Chris's????? #kiss3#kiss3

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns I don't think I have ever seen you the Ooos so early in the morning.
Thank you so much for the patience vibes, they helped.
How is Ava feeling today? I saw the photos on FB at the Tie Die shop, That must have been a blast! Sending you lots and lots of hugs today as Asher heads back home. You gave him an incredible gift of time with CiCi.

@BrightEyes I am happy for you that you get some cool breezes in the morning, it makes the house feel nice to have the fresh air. Is the heat supposed to break at some point or will this be it for most of the summer?
Yay for the rains!
Keep that knee up and feel better :)

@tanteva I will never make it as a Swede! Ketchup on pasta with hot dogs? Eep.
Sending you hugs for today, funeral services are never easy
And stop it, you are nowhere near Jabba, everyone's clothes are a little snug after Covid Years. xo

@bcgal00 I saw some more of your Kamloops photos on FB this morning and OMG-- incredible!!!

@taxed4ever yay for sunshine!! Weather forecasts are wrong so often but I am thrilled that you got to see the sun. Did you get to trim back the roses?
I saw your post about how to share videos. I hope that you can figure it out, I would love to see that card.
Have a nice time today getting ready for the ILs visit tomorrow

Hugs to you all!! xoxoxo
I KNEW i'd shock everybody yesterday when I was on "in the middle of the night". You probably thought it was an AI posing as Cherylndesigns. SHE can't be on here this early. BWAHAHA

Asher's gone - we rolled out of bed at 6:30 this am - well, I rolled out and I drug him out, almost literally. He's such a night owl and equally hard to get up. I had EVERYTHING ready for him to put on and everything washed and neatly placed inside his suitcase. He started to grab something out this morning and I reminded him of "the plan". He couldn't deviate from it. I wanted ALL of his clothes to be clean. Dang it, I just realized that he forgot his little throw. I tried to get him to let me pack it last night and he wouldn't let me. I'll have to mail it to him on Monday. I'm not a morning person either, so I have to be severely organized to make an early start.

Ava's much better - she doesn't stay down long. Too many things to do. Hahaha That girl's a "going machine". I'm glad you saw the pictures from the tie dye place - they were SO cute and I can't wait to scrap some of them.

I'm not in the mood to do anymore personals right now - gonna see if I can scrap a little. I can usually do that if I can't do anything else.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Oh my goodness...so far behind. Hasn't this been the greatest birthday party? Of course, I always love the birthday parties at the O! And I have scrapped more than I ever have. I have 2 pages that I need to make today and then I will have done every layout. I know...for most of you, that isn't impressive, but for me it's amazing.

What's going on here? Well, we got an increase in our car insurance yesterday? I was ranting about it on Facebook yesterday and it appears that I am still in a foul mood today. It went up $114 a month. We have no tickets or accidents on any records. Both kids have good student discounts. We have 3 vehicles---a 2018 Elantra, a 2017 Taurus and a 2012 Compass---nothing impressive. And we now pay $955 a month. Seriously...this is just unbelievable. Promise...last rant on that subject!

The Amazon drivers continue to make multiple stops with things for Syd's dorm room! The things are piling up in my office. I told her to keep the refrigerator in there so that we didn't have to take that upstairs and the next thing that I know, she has left everything there. :rolleyes: She is using the office to store her blue IKEA bags as she packs them.

@faerywings how are your folks? I need to go back and catch up on the last couple of days in the Daily O's. And @Cherylndesigns I am thinking of you today as Asher heads back home.
Thanks so much, Linda. These 2 weeks have really gone fast. He did lots of fun stuff. It's very quiet in here. :(

Sounds like you're keeping those drivers busy. LOL You'll be squeezed out of your office, soon.

That's ridiculous about your auto insurance!! Boy, I swear EVERYBODY is gauging us for everything!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

Thanks for thinking of me today, Kay! It's so sad when they have to leave, but he had a great time! He got to do pretty much what he wanted to do here, too. We just let him be a kid.

SO happy for you that you got some rain!! Your son's house sounds humongous!! We had to do the same thing when Steph and Asher moved in with us. He needed his own room, and our house wasn't that big, but it was probably close to 4,000 sq. ft. and a full 2 story. Then they unexpectedly moved out and we were rattling around in it.

Hope your knee is a little better today.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
A new garden to play in? Cool! Do you have ny hummingbird nectar? It's my favorite!
Why, yes we do - two feeders filled and plenty more where that came from. You'll have to fight off the Hummingbirds, though. You can sprinkle your fairy dust and they'll share with you, O Birthday Fairy! #cry

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday, Father's Day, and Juneteenth to you all!
I hope that everyone is doing well today. Me-- not so much... I messed my back up again. Surprise!! And nope, it wasn't from doing yard work or bug squishing. I cooked.
(See, this is why I shouldn't have to cook dinner ever again!)
It all started when I realized that it was way too cold and windy to do yard work (it really was, not making excusing or procrastinating, I swear!!!). Since I had plenty of time to cook, I decided to make spinach quiche which meant I had to start with a homemade crust. As long as I was making the crust for one dish, I should make it for the other dinner (fresh tomato pie). That can be time-intensive but no biggie. Caitlyn was off to a b-day party at night and was running behind schedule so I offered to make the brownies she was to bring. Then I had to make the fillings for both pies and get them in the oven. The next thing I knew, I had been running around the kitchen for hours and my back hurt. I was fine for the most part when I went to bed but maybe I slept funny because I kept waking up wondering why I was in so much pain. Now I am stuck sitting here with a pain patch on my back and not able to bed or twist. Or move. Basically, that is where I am at. Can't move.

On the bright side, I don't have to cook dinner tonight, plenty of leftovers from yesterday hahahaha!!!#clap

Have a fab day, my lOves!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I always love the birthday parties here, I went through some of my old pages and am so happy when I see old friends' comments. I am still in shock at how high your car insurance is. Is there a reason why? I have heard jokes about how many elderly drivers live in FL but is that true?
Thx for asking about my parents- they are fine. *eye roll* My dad is cranky because he can't do stuff. That sets my mom off who insists that she has never, ever been cranky (*snorts*) when she hasn't been able to do what she wants. Basically- same old, same old with extra sutures. :D

@BrightEyes Happy Dancing (in my head) for the rain!!!! A good soaker is the best kind, anything heavier and it all going to run off. I can't believe it hadn't rained in 3 months, that sounds very bad. I am very happy and relieved and I can practically see your smile here on the east coast.
That must have been terrifying to get the Windows Updates and PSE crashing.
Who remembers the Blue Screen of Death? Windows is trying to kill us with anxiety.
Good luck to DS on selling his house.

Eva and Linda- I don't like ketchup on anything. Not on French fries or burgers (when I ate them). But mashed potatoes, Eva?? Are you some kinda psychopath?? LOL!!!!!!!

@tanteva Sonja sounds like she was an inspirational person. I wish there were more people in the world like her, you were lucky to know her.
It sounds like her friend has dementia. Gary's Grandma had that and it is heartbreaking. Hope that your heart is not as heavy today, Sonja doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to be grieved over for very long. xo

@taxed4ever Always look at the bright side ;) -- rain means not having to water your plants and they will get nice root development. The cheesecake sounds delish- how do you adapt a cheesecake recipe to be keto?
Enjoy the day with the family! I hope that you have sunshine today too

@bcgal00 The owl photo you posted on FB -- jaw-dropping how gorgeous they are. Good luck to your town that there isn't any flooding.
I loved the description of the dogs in their very own water park!
What?? Ketchup on PANCAKES???? *faints dead away*

@O Birthday Fairy TFS your soap recipe!! I used to use a neem soap wash but I either ran out of the neem soap or I put it somewhere "safe" last year and now can't find it. Good to know it is safe for faeries, that is very important. Would love to have you visit me and my garden :)

@cherylndesign BIG hugs to you, the house must seem so very quiet. If Ava is feeling up to it, she can visit you and you know it will be noisy again.

LSlycord

Oh @faerywings I am so sorry that you hurt your back. Mine doesn't go out much anymore. It did when I was younger. The very first time, I was working at a grocery store after my freshman year of college and I picked up a 50 pound bag of dog food. I didn't bother bending at the knees in those days. And out went my back...the first time of many. But, apparently my body is compensating for all of the other aches and pains that come with aging and my back rarely goes out and I rarely have migraines. (knock on wood)

Not a lot planned for today. Some more scrapping, some napping, watching the new Iron Chef series that dropped on Netflix. I did get up and make bacon, eggs, and biscuits with sausage gravy for Brian for Father's Day. Syd ate and headed for work. Shaun is still in bed...went to a party with some of the kids he works with and didn't get home until 1 so I'm sure he will sleep late. Yesterday it hit 100* with a heat index of 109*. Today back to 91* with a heat index of 100*. Doesn't matter much to me...I never leave the air conditioned house.

tanteva

I'm feeling fine today. I was a bit low yesterday evening, but that was kinda expected. Funerals make one think, you know.

Sorry to hear about your back Chris, try and rest today.

I had no idea, but I just googled & found out that Swedes eat most ketchup per person in the entire world. At least we're good at something LOL

Guess what - we have 3 - THREE - baby mag pies in the garden. And I think there's one fieldfare baby as well. At least that's what Google and I found out was the name in English. I need to get me some kind of binoculars, I want to sit and watch them 24-7.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Woke up to a nice cool and cloudy morning. Still have rain puddles on the patio and the ground was wet looking. So nice to be getting the monsoon finally. We also had another rain late yesterday afternoon into the evening!! Chris, we get most of our rains in June - September but have been in a drought for about 10 years so rain has been scare.

Mid-morning yesterday, I realized that I was cold. Turned the ceiling fan off but was feeling even more cold. Took my temp but it was normal. Ended up putting on a long chenille housecoat over my shorts/tee and covering up with a warm flannel throw. I slept off and on in the recliner. Kept taking my temp but it stayed in the normal range. Got to feeling normal/warm by around 6PM and had supper. Never even had the A/C on all day. Not sure what it was but feeling better this AM.

I am remembering both my hubby and my dad today on Father's Day. So many wonderful memories of them. I plan on resting and not doing much.

@faerywings so sorry your back is acting up on you. Yes, being on your feet most of the day cooking can bring on back problems. Glad you have left-overs from the cooking so you can take it easy today. I have to climb on the 'no ketchup on mashed potatoes or pasta' bandwagon. I do like it on french fries but that is about it.

@tanteva that is interesting about ketchup and Swedes. Guess it is all in what you were fed as a child as to what you prefer. Was LOL over the additions to your siggy! :p Had to LOL over the LO you shared... that is so funny.

@LSlycord Oh, that sounds like a great breakfast for your hubby! My DH loved biscuits and gravy with his bacon and eggs. Sounds like a great plan of relaxing for you today. Enjoy it.

@taxed4ever My mouth is watering just thinking about that cheese cake. I may have to indulge and buy a mini-version with several different flavors. Better wait until the gals are here in Aug to get it so I won't be tempted to eat it all myself.

@bcgal00 Sounds like the dogs had great fun playing in the puddles and got you wet along with them! Love the photos of the birds you posted on FB! I admire you skill as a photographer to capture so many wonderful wildlife shots. Glad to hear you got your photos transferred off the failing HD. It is well worth the effort and to get Lightroom back and linked.

The #coffeeis empty so getting a refill then off to shower and get dressed.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@LSlycord I always love the birthday parties here, I went through some of my old pages and am so happy when I see old friends' comments. I am still in shock at how high your car insurance is. Is there a reason why? I have heard jokes about how many elderly drivers live in FL but is that true?
Thx for asking about my parents- they are fine. *eye roll* My dad is cranky because he can't do stuff. That sets my mom off who insists that she has never, ever been cranky (*snorts*) when she hasn't been able to do what she wants. Basically- same old, same old with extra sutures. :D

@BrightEyes Happy Dancing (in my head) for the rain!!!! A good soaker is the best kind, anything heavier and it all going to run off. I can't believe it hadn't rained in 3 months, that sounds very bad. I am very happy and relieved and I can practically see your smile here on the east coast.
That must have been terrifying to get the Windows Updates and PSE crashing.
Who remembers the Blue Screen of Death? Windows is trying to kill us with anxiety.
Good luck to DS on selling his house.

Eva and Linda- I don't like ketchup on anything. Not on French fries or burgers (when I ate them). But mashed potatoes, Eva?? Are you some kinda psychopath?? LOL!!!!!!!

@tanteva Sonja sounds like she was an inspirational person. I wish there were more people in the world like her, you were lucky to know her.
It sounds like her friend has dementia. Gary's Grandma had that and it is heartbreaking. Hope that your heart is not as heavy today, Sonja doesn't seem like the kind of person who would want to be grieved over for very long. xo

@taxed4ever Always look at the bright side ;) -- rain means not having to water your plants and they will get nice root development. The cheesecake sounds delish- how do you adapt a cheesecake recipe to be keto?
Enjoy the day with the family! I hope that you have sunshine today too

@bcgal00 The owl photo you posted on FB -- jaw-dropping how gorgeous they are. Good luck to your town that there isn't any flooding.
I loved the description of the dogs in their very own water park!
What?? Ketchup on PANCAKES???? *faints dead away*

@O Birthday Fairy TFS your soap recipe!! I used to use a neem soap wash but I either ran out of the neem soap or I put it somewhere "safe" last year and now can't find it. Good to know it is safe for faeries, that is very important. Would love to have you visit me and my garden :)

@cherylndesign BIG hugs to you, the house must seem so very quiet. If Ava is feeling up to it, she can visit you and you know it will be noisy again.
Yes, it's pretty quiet here. Asher played with 5 of his friends from home on the big tv in the living room and they got pretty loud. I SHOULD have Ava come and bring "the girls" that livens the place up. We were going to have Tather's Day dinner today, but now Adrienne is sick. It's always somebody. Chuck wants to stay away whenever anybody is sick. I'd probably go, but we've kind of postponed it for a couple of days.

I understand about hurting your back cooking - that's why I hardly ever do. BWAHAHA It's just TOO much standing!! Maybe you can never cook again but I don't see that in your future.

It seems like a dream that Asher was here for 2 weeks. It just whizzed by!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads - ours will be very quiet. Alyssa left for camp today and Braden leaves tomorrow for Florida. He's going to intern with one of Roger's attorneys for a couple of weeks. He wants to be an attorney. Roger's in Arkansas playing golf with his sons and he'll be gone all day.

I'm super exhausted today - I think I have totally hit the wall.

XOXO

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Woke up to a nice cool and cloudy morning. Still have rain puddles on the patio and the ground was wet looking. So nice to be getting the monsoon finally. We also had another rain late yesterday afternoon into the evening!! Chris, we get most of our rains in June - September but have been in a drought for about 10 years so rain has been scare.

Mid-morning yesterday, I realized that I was cold. Turned the ceiling fan off but was feeling even more cold. Took my temp but it was normal. Ended up putting on a long chenille housecoat over my shorts/tee and covering up with a warm flannel throw. I slept off and on in the recliner. Kept taking my temp but it stayed in the normal range. Got to feeling normal/warm by around 6PM and had supper. Never even had the A/C on all day. Not sure what it was but feeling better this AM.

I am remembering both my hubby and my dad today on Father's Day. So many wonderful memories of them. I plan on resting and not doing much.

@faerywings so sorry your back is acting up on you. Yes, being on your feet most of the day cooking can bring on back problems. Glad you have left-overs from the cooking so you can take it easy today. I have to climb on the 'no ketchup on mashed potatoes or pasta' bandwagon. I do like it on french fries but that is about it.

@tanteva that is interesting about ketchup and Swedes. Guess it is all in what you were fed as a child as to what you prefer. Was LOL over the additions to your siggy! :p Had to LOL over the LO you shared... that is so funny.

@LSlycord Oh, that sounds like a great breakfast for your hubby! My DH loved biscuits and gravy with his bacon and eggs. Sounds like a great plan of relaxing for you today. Enjoy it.

@taxed4ever My mouth is watering just thinking about that cheese cake. I may have to indulge and buy a mini-version with several different flavors. Better wait until the gals are here in Aug to get it so I won't be tempted to eat it all myself.

@bcgal00 Sounds like the dogs had great fun playing in the puddles and got you wet along with them! Love the photos of the birds you posted on FB! I admire you skill as a photographer to capture so many wonderful wildlife shots. Glad to hear you got your photos transferred off the failing HD. It is well worth the effort and to get Lightroom back and linked.

The #coffeeis empty so getting a refill then off to shower and get dressed.
Thinking of you today, Kay. Hugs

scrap-genie

@tanteva I'm on the no to ketchup side. As a kid I wouldn't eat it or mustard. I got over that but now don't buy ketchup but will use salsa instead on some things and in cooking.
And I survived yesterday!!! I did the morning talk for my computer genealogy group, the first new formal talk I've done in years. Also did the user group and the less formal afternoon session. It's also been a while since I did all three parts. Today is DH's birthday and this evening is get acquainted for the week's genealogy class that I'll be in until mid-day Friday. At least doing it at home (with no A/C though) instead of a college in Pittsburgh. This is the one on writing. Next month I have the one on NJ research. @faerywings I did have ancestors in NJ long ago though and they didn't stay.
Hi to all but I feel too brain fogged for more..