Oscraps

Daily Ooos: January, 22-23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I know that a lot of you have already seen Rae's post on Facebook that Bailey passed away.
I have absolutely no words to say how heartbroken I am for Rae and Jen and Bailey's entire family. I cannot imagine the pain they are in and wish I could take some of that pain away.

Everything else feels so inconsequential.

So instead of listening to me ramble, I am going to hug my family tight today. Before I sign off, I am going to wrap my O-Fam up in hugs as well.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to all of you))))))))))))))))))))))))))

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
This is so sad, it's beyond words. Wish there were something I could do. I can't even express what I feel, there are times when I feel my English isn't good enough. Thinking of Rae & all the family. (((((((((((((((LOVE)))))))))))))))

LSlycord

My native tongue is English and it isn't good enough to express what's in my heart right now. Much love to Rae and family and biggest ((hugs)) to my Oscraps family today. Love to all of you.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
So much sadness here today! It is so amazing that we have this wonderful O family to lean on when times are tough!! Sending so much love out to Rae and family and big hugs to all of you here at the O!! (((((((((((hugs!!))))))))))

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
My heart is so sad for Rae and the family. No words can convey my sorrow out this.
So glad we have the OFamily to give support and comfort.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
This is so sad indeed !
First the fear about where she was, the uncertainty, then the joy that she has been found again, all mixed emotions.
This grief is so great, heartbroken, I can't imagine how hard this is. I wish Rae and her family a lot of strength and courage to cope with this great loss.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I know that a lot of you have already seen Rae's post on Facebook that Bailey passed away.
I have absolutely no words to say how heartbroken I am for Rae and Jen and Bailey's entire family. I cannot imagine the pain they are in and wish I could take some of that pain away.

Everything else feels so inconsequential.

So instead of listening to me ramble, I am going to hug my family tight today. Before I sign off, I am going to wrap my O-Fam up in hugs as well.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to all of you))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh, Chris - everything else DOES seem inconsequential, doesn't it? My heart broke when I saw that on FB when I went on my phone this morning. I know we were all still holding out hope. Let's all hug our families tight. I just sent my girls a text just to tell them I loved them. You're right, there are no words.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm worth less than nothing. I love that we've all come together in support of Rae, Bailey and Kay and their families. I wish there was a group hug emoji - but here's a virtual group hug. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
It is such a sad and truly devastating period for Rae and her family. Sending much love and positive thoughts to everyone currently feeling so helpless and heartbroken. xxxxx
giphy.gif

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I know I say it all the time, but you ladies are the *best*.

I am so glad that we can comfort and support each other. You all made such a huge difference after everything went so badly with Scott a few weeks ago. I know how much it means for us to be able to share the worries and stresses of both everyday life and tragedies. The good, the bad, and in this case, the utterly heartbreaking.

Every day I come here and post about what seems to be ridiculous and inane things. But as I share how I feel about the snow or what to cook for dinner, I am also getting so much in return. I hope that all of you get that too.

How has everyone's weekend been? We are meeting Tom's family today. They invited all of us up for dinner and I am more than a little nervous. I have no idea what to talk to them about! His oldest sister is supposed to be there and she has a 1 yo little girl. That will make things easier, babies and pets are an easy, low-key topic of conversation. And I get to meet the chickens!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day, sending hugs to you all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Weekend has been slow. Watched a lot of crime shows on TV & knitted & crocheted. I'm a bit low & need to get back into a better mood. Been doing some meditation too. Really like when Urban and I get to do some meditation together.

Now it's time for dinner. Just a simple pasta bake of leftovers, then it's back to the yarn again.

Love you all!

LSlycord

@faerywings a "Meet the Parents" dinner. How exciting. But I'd be an absolute wreck.

Ok, so you know how I was talking about the places where the kids work and how sometimes owners leave them and never come back. Well, yesterday Shaun started texting us. They have a pit bull mix that has been there for two months. They are looking for someone to foster him. He is a really sweet dog. And I quote "After everything that he has been through, he still really trusts people." Well my darling, compassionate son has decided that we should foster this dog. The dog doesn't get along with male dogs but is fine with female dogs. I had 5 pages of texts plus two videos from Shaun. I was the only one that answered back...Brian and Sydney were both firmly in the "No More Dogs" camp. But, like Shaun, I am so sad for this poor guy. So, if any of you are looking for a new dog, I'll drive him wherever you are.

Today, not much going on. Doing some scrapping. And I just downloaded an Audible book called The Betrayal of Anne Frank. I thought I would listen to that to get excited about Europe. I'm trying not to get overly excited until we get closer...so afraid it won't work out. Maybe I'll do a new page about living in the moment and expecting the best.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! A busy day yesterday, but constantly thinking of both Rae and Kay! It is hard to deal with the sadness! I too know the horror of your baby being so sick, but not the grief of losing a child or grandchild! Yesterday, DH and myself went to get our Booster and requested to have the Pfizer booster. Anyone we know that got the other booster had horrible side effects, so we decided to play it safe and stuck with Pfizer. We both have tender arms at the injection site, but other than that no illness, so far at least. We did lots of errands and decided to go to a furniture place and order the table and chairs set that we both liked around Christmas, and wouldn't you know the price went up $100.00 Darn it!! Well we ordered it anyway, its the only one that we both liked and really did not want to look anymore. It won't be delivered until the end of March if we are lucky it might arrive sooner. So much is backlogged because of Covid! Friday was spent getting stocked up at Costco, where it was quite busy for a Friday. Guess everyone had the same idea as us and thought it would be less crowded going on a weekday. We were glad to get outta there and get home. Today, we are bottling a white wine and I hope to finish off a layout I started yesterday. Not much else happening around here. I need to take some Tylenol or Advil or something for my sore arm and grab another cup of coffee. DH wants eggs and breakfast sausage for brunch. He will do the sausage on the BBQ in the fog LOL. We are under a fog advisory for pretty much the whole Island, hope it lifts at some point today, we would like to get out for a nice long walk or hike. Hope everyone has sunshine and blue skies today!

Kythe

CHEERY O
Rea...I have no words of wisdom for you. The thought of loosing a daughter is beyond my comprehension. So Rae, I am sending as many good and healing vibes I can.
Kay, it is good to know your daughter is recovering. Many good thoughts coming your way as well.

My daughter is preparing to move in with us, along with her 2 cats, for the next month while renovations are being done in her new townhouse. She hasn't lived with me for 20 years. That will be an experience for us. lol Good thing we get along really well. ha ha

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am slowly coming out of the fog but life is surreal right now. We are still coming to grips over what happened. I will be in and out, not sure how the coming days will be. But scrapping is my life, you are my O family, so I'll be around soon.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am slowly coming out of the fog but life is surreal right now. We are still coming to grips over what happened. I will be in and out, not sure how the coming days will be. But scrapping is my life, you are my O family, so I'll be around soon.
A tight hug to you and family, Rae! xoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It will take awhile, Rae... so do whatever your body/mind needs you to do. <<< hugs >>>

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Got the good news that daughter has been moved from CCU back to a room on the Covid floor late yesterday. Things are improving with her. I won't be giving updates any more unless things change a lot. Thanks for all your caring and concern. It will take a bit of time for the stress levels to come back down for the family and for me. Will be taking it slow CT wise for a bit longer.

I have ended up having several alternating PJ days lately when the body just didn't want to do much and the mind was feeling scattered. So I have been listening to it and taking it as easy as possible. Have had lots of talk with other family members which has also helped.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hey Rae, sending big hugs sweetie. Just take it easy, one day at a time. xxxxx

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Got the good news that daughter has been moved from CCU back to a room on the Covid floor late yesterday. Things are improving with her. I won't be giving updates any more unless things change a lot. Thanks for all your caring and concern. It will take a bit of time for the stress levels to come back down for the family and for me. Will be taking it slow CT wise for a bit longer.

I have ended up having several alternating PJ days lately when the body just didn't want to do much and the mind was feeling scattered. So I have been listening to it and taking it as easy as possible. Have had lots of talk with other family members which has also helped.
Happy to hear that Leslie is out of CCU, yay!! Still a ways to go but so happy she is improving! You look after yourself Kay and spending days in PJ's is a great thing to do I think, I love having days like that! :) Get some well needed rest sweets! xxx