Oscraps

Daily Ooos: January 20-21: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Welcome to the Ooos on another cold and snowy day. *golf clap*
I feel like I am stuck in a Groundhog Day-type simulation. Any of you feel that way too?

(Yes, I did just C&P that from yesterday's thread :rotfl: )
Thankfully, we didn't get as much snow as originally predicted. It was only 2"- maybe a little more. Just enough to make the driveway slippery with Jaida. But coldcoldcold. :brrr: Colder today than yesterday. If I can hang on for a few more days we are going to be above freezing.

I took it easy for the most part yesterday, puttered with some housework, shoveled the driveway, and that sort of stuff. I also scrapped a LO for Week 1 of the AJ challenge, I used a kit by Lynn Greiveson, and while the colors weren't ones I would typically use- blue and orange- I *love* the page. It was a photo I took on a hike in November and loved the reflection of the water. Worked out perfectly for the theme.
Scott gave me a heads-up about two hikes he is leading in Feb when he was here for dinner the other night. I looked at the website, found them, and signed up for both. He had *just* listed them when I went to check it out. I sent the link to the woman I met on the First Day Hike, it will be nice to hike with her again if she can make it. She sent me a couple of pictures that she took of us and I have permission to scrap them. That's on my to-do list soon.

This morning is Freeze My Butt Off at the FP. I already told Cait to stay home. No point in both of us being miserable. I only hope it's not a super-long wait. That also reminds me I should grab a mask since the sign-in room is going to be crowded. No point in risking covid or the flu since I am seeing my parents on Tuesday.

Hoping everyone stays warm and cozy! xoxo
(yes another C&P LOL)

LSlycord

Good morning. It's a cold morning here too. 39 and feels like 33. I know it isn't as bad as the rest of the country but really...it's only worth living in Florida for the good winter weather and we sure aren't getting good weather. :eek2:

I made it through the work week...a little bit tired but it has been absolutely successful! I need to get a layout done today...feeling like maybe a challenge would be a good start.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I think I have a photo of my chicken feet socks somewhere on my computer-- if I can't find it I'll take a new one.
The woman in customer service was super nice and helpful, took all of my new insurance information and will resubmit it.
Did the water near the heater help your throat? Hope so!
My nose bleeds a lot when it's cold and dry like this and I usually use a moisturizing saline spray. I had to text Tom to ask if was safe to use with a new piercing. More things I thought I never say to my future SIL LOL
It's awesome that Noah will stay with you this weekend and that he will be able to help Mark in the woods. I hope PT is getting easier for you too.

@Cherylndesigns Ugh, I'm sorry that the leg cramps woke you up. That is one of the last things you need right now. Pain and fatigue-inducing. Nope! Not good. :(
I wonder why WM was so crowded, maybe people catching up now that they can get out of the house? I am with Steph, that place makes me want to jump out of my skin too. How has she been doing post-surgery? Is she back to feeling "normal?" I hope that she has a safe, easy trip home tomorrow. She must miss Asher something fierce.
Any chance you can snag a picture of her hair? That sounds creepy but I don't; mean it that way. I am still trying to figure out what color I want my hair for the wedding and that sounds similar to what I am considering.
Even a not-full force shower must have felt ah-may-zing :showering:

@BrightEyes I guess that staying up late reading will cause you to sleep in. I will have to check out that book/author.

@taxed4ever Yuuuuuck! Rain on top of snow. Did it melt everything away? Or just make more of a mess? Be safe getting out and about today in case of ice.
The AJ challenges are wonderful, I loved Cheryl's quotes too.
You are the :rollingpin1: :crown1:
Much deserved dealing with your Gary- any Gary. Or a Chuck. MEN! :floorlaugh:

@bcgal00 Are you official Albertans today? :cheer: My fingers are crossed that you made your last trip to the city offices for a while. So many fun activities for you and D to do and meet new people♥
Have fun with Remi at the park today. I bet she is going to have some major zoomies!

Yay, Kay!! Congrats on getting the new computer and on sale no less! Bet you cannot wait for DS to come down and get you all set up.

Yup, my Gary has a form of RLS (and tinnitus, he covers *all* the bases- hahaha) where he HAS to crack his neck, feet, and hands. They don't; twitch involuntarily- he has to crack/move them. No one can figure it out and nothing has worked so far.

Time to feed my dogs and get my day started. xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning. It's a cold morning here too. 39 and feels like 33. I know it isn't as bad as the rest of the country but really...it's only worth living in Florida for the good winter weather and we sure aren't getting good weather. :eek2:

I made it through the work week...a little bit tired but it has been absolutely successful! I need to get a layout done today...feeling like maybe a challenge would be a good start.
OMG, that is brutal!!! Do you still have your Iowa-Strentgh coats and gloves?
Congrats on getting thorough the week, you did great!

LSlycord

OMG, that is brutal!!! Do you still have your Iowa-Strentgh coats and gloves?
Congrats on getting thorough the week, you did great!
I do have a few Iowa coats and gloves still. And I'm getting some use out of sweaters and sweatshirts so it's not all bad!

LSlycord

@BrightEyes what a great deal on the new computer. That will be a fun new adventure!

@bcgal00 the paperwork is so exhausting. But boy does it sound like you have found the right place for you!!

@taxed4ever that yucky slush is always so dirty and then the melting and the re-freezing...so ugly.

@vickyday when I was a kid we always filled cake pans with water and put them in front of the hot air vents to get humidity in the air. A memory that I haven't thought about in probably 45 years.

@Cherylndesigns, I need to go check out your AJ challenge. I want to see those quotes.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Welcome to the Ooos on another cold and snowy day. *golf clap*
I feel like I am stuck in a Groundhog Day-type simulation. Any of you feel that way too?

(Yes, I did just C&P that from yesterday's thread :rotfl: )
Thankfully, we didn't get as much snow as originally predicted. It was only 2"- maybe a little more. Just enough to make the driveway slippery with Jaida. But coldcoldcold. :brrr: Colder today than yesterday. If I can hang on for a few more days we are going to be above freezing.

I took it easy for the most part yesterday, puttered with some housework, shoveled the driveway, and that sort of stuff. I also scrapped a LO for Week 1 of the AJ challenge, I used a kit by Lynn Greiveson, and while the colors weren't ones I would typically use- blue and orange- I *love* the page. It was a photo I took on a hike in November and loved the reflection of the water. Worked out perfectly for the theme.
Scott gave me a heads-up about two hikes he is leading in Feb when he was here for dinner the other night. I looked at the website, found them, and signed up for both. He had *just* listed them when I went to check it out. I sent the link to the woman I met on the First Day Hike, it will be nice to hike with her again if she can make it. She sent me a couple of pictures that she took of us and I have permission to scrap them. That's on my to-do list soon.

This morning is Freeze My Butt Off at the FP. I already told Cait to stay home. No point in both of us being miserable. I only hope it's not a super-long wait. That also reminds me I should grab a mask since the sign-in room is going to be crowded. No point in risking covid or the flu since I am seeing my parents on Tuesday.

Hoping everyone stays warm and cozy! xoxo
(yes another C&P LOL)
HA! I read those first 2 lines and thought....."I wonder if she remembers she said that yesterday?" And then I read your parenthesis! :floorlaugh:
Still no snow for us! It must be stopping at the mountains and not coming across! That is fine by me!
I looked at the AJ challenges for this month but no inspiration came. I'll have to find your page and maybe it will inspire me!
Hope the line at the FP moves quickly!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I think I have a photo of my chicken feet socks somewhere on my computer-- if I can't find it I'll take a new one.
The woman in customer service was super nice and helpful, took all of my new insurance information and will resubmit it.
My nose bleeds a lot when it's cold and dry like this and I usually use a moisturizing saline spray. I had to text Tom to ask if was safe to use with a new piercing. More things I thought I never say to my future SIL LOL
It's awesome that Noah will stay with you this weekend and that he will be able to help Mark in the woods. I hope PT is getting easier for you too.

@Cherylndesigns Ugh, I'm sorry that the leg cramps woke you up. That is one of the last things you need right now. Pain and fatigue-inducing. Nope! Not good. :(
I wonder why WM was so crowded, maybe people catching up now that they can get out of the house? I am with Steph, that place makes me want to jump out of my skin too. How has she been doing post-surgery? Is she back to feeling "normal?" I hope that she has a safe, easy trip home tomorrow. She must miss Asher something fierce.
Any chance you can snag a picture of her hair? That sounds creepy but I don't; mean it that way. I am still trying to figure out what color I want my hair for the wedding and that sounds similar to what I am considering.

@BrightEyes I guess that staying up late reading will cause you to sleep in. I will have to check out that book/author.

@taxed4ever Yuuuuuck! Rain on top of snow. Did it melt everything away? Or just make more of a mess? Be safe getting out and about today in case of ice.

@bcgal00 Are you official Albertans today? :cheer: My fingers are crossed that you made your last trip to the city offices for a while. So many fun activities for you and D to do and meet new people♥
Have fun with Remi at the park today. I bet she is going to have some major zoomies!

Yay, Kay!! Congrats on getting the new computer and on sale no less! Bet you cannot wait for DS to come down and get you all set up.

Yup, my Gary has a form of RLS (and tinnitus, he covers *all* the bases- hahaha) where he HAS to crack his neck, feet, and hands. They don't; twitch involuntarily- he has to crack/move them. No one can figure it out and nothing has worked so far.

I forgot to put water in front of the vent last night.
PT is done! At least the going to the facility. I will continue at home.
Sounds like your future SIL is a good one! I have great SILs, too!
Mark and Noah came in laughing yesterday afternoon, so I think it did both of them good!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

20 here feels like 10! YIKES! And windy! I agree! If you are going to live in FL in the winter, the weather is supposed to be WARM!!! Glad you had a good week!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes what a great deal on the new computer. That will be a fun new adventure!

@bcgal00 the paperwork is so exhausting. But boy does it sound like you have found the right place for you!!

@taxed4ever that yucky slush is always so dirty and then the melting and the re-freezing...so ugly.

@vickyday when I was a kid we always filled cake pans with water and put them in front of the hot air vents to get humidity in the air. A memory that I haven't thought about in probably 45 years.

@Cherylndesigns, I need to go check out your AJ challenge. I want to see those quotes.
Yeah, all I have to do is get this 68 year old brain to remember to put the water in front of the vent!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Saturday Morning to All!
It is 20 degrees feels like 10 here today! TOO cold for me! But at least the sun is shining and it looks beautiful out! I need to get a few groceries but it will have to wait a bit! However, it isn't even going to get above freezing today! :brrr::brrr::brrr:

Nothing much going on. It is quiet here this morning. Mark's friend is coming over today so he is bundled up and down in the woods stoking the fires. Noah is still in bed. Asher went to Mark's daughter's house last night so she could groom hime today. Poor little teddy bear is gonna freeze without all of his hair! We got to see her Elsa's brand new baby triplet goats last night when we took Asher to her house! They are so precious! She also has 6 new puppies that are just starting to open their eyes. So cute!

And that's it for me, HA! Like I said not much going on here!

Oh! I did finish my last PT session at the Ortho place. I will continue the PT at home and she gave me some progression things to do when these exercises become too easy!

Have a great day!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

Oh, that RLS! Or in Gary's case, RNS and RAS. Poor guy - I know he sleeps on the couch when he has a bout with that. I took extra Calcium and Magnesium (per Trudy's @taxed4ever suggestion) I'm not very faithful about those but I also took two Potassium about an hour before bed. I didn't have those horrible cramps last night, thankfully.

I DID have two animals hogging my bed last night however. Daisy wouldn't stay in "her corner" and Sam (the cat) kept wanting to lay on top of me. He finally settled down and laid on my extra pillow. I was SO tired too and all I wanted them to do was give me enough space to comfortably lay in. I told them they were going back to the couch tomorrow night. LOL You are SO right Chris, I NEED my sleep right now more than ever!

I will definitely take pictures of Steph's hair! She's so excited and has been combing Pinterest for ideas all week. She and Adrienne found the picture of what she wants and it's beautiful. The colors would be great for you, too!

Yes, a sputtering shower was amazing - sputtering and all. We don't have much water pressure this morning, but the toilets are flushing. We got two loads of dirty dishes run yesterday and a load of laundry done while we had pressure.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

Anything below 50 is cold in FL! Glad you made it through the workweek. One under your belt.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

Go check out my challenge. The quotes I found are great - they really spurred me on when I was creating my challenge. it's a different "twist" but fun.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good Saturday Morning to All!
It is 20 degrees feels like 10 here today! TOO cold for me! But at least the sun is shining and it looks beautiful out! I need to get a few groceries but it will have to wait a bit! However, it isn't even going to get above freezing today! :brrr::brrr::brrr:

Nothing much going on. It is quiet here this morning. Mark's friend is coming over today so he is bundled up and down in the woods stoking the fires. Noah is still in bed. Asher went to Mark's daughter's house last night so she could groom hime today. Poor little teddy bear is gonna freeze without all of his hair! We got to see her Elsa's brand new baby triplet goats last night when we took Asher to her house! They are so precious! She also has 6 new puppies that are just starting to open their eyes. So cute!

And that's it for me, HA! Like I said not much going on here!

Oh! I did finish my last PT session at the Ortho place. I will continue the PT at home and she gave me some progression things to do when these exercises become too easy!

Have a great day!
Good news on no more PT (at least going in there).

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
This cold spell has brought new birds to my feeders! Even some that stay mostly on the ground eating what the other birds drop from the feeders. I got a new order of bird seed, suet, column and even a bell shaped one today and the birds are going crazy! Love it!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I have been busy scrapping.... working on Color Play stuff. Then DD#1 called and we talked for almost an hour!! Then I went back to the LO I was working on and decided to change a few things on it. I was sure that I wanted to use a yellow BG paper but then played around adding other color papers and the soft pink bokeh paper turns out to be the best!!! I had an idea in mind when I started the LO with the photo and the more I worked with it... the more it changed. And, yes @taxed4ever ... this was one I put the photo on and threw a bunch of elements/paints/accents on. Wow, it is funny how much my idea changed as I worked with it. I kept turning layers on and off until I was happy with it. Then went back to delete the layers I had turned off.

@Cherylndesigns Sorry your water is still sputtering/etc. Hope the weather warms up so it gets stronger.
I really should go work on some of the Art Journaling challenges. BTW... fabulous quotes you found for week 3!!! Now it is a question of finding photo/s and/or kits to use.

@faerywings Hope the line is not long at the FP and you get through there early with lots of goodies!

@tanteva I take it you are frozen up there in the north country!! Stay warm, friend.

@LSlycord Don't tell me it is COLD in FLORIDA!!! Glad you still have some heavy weight clothes to wear! Please do take it easy as you are still in recovery mode from the surgery. :hug2:

@vickyday Glad you have finished your PT. Hope your back is coming along and getting better.

@bcgal00 How wonderful that you all have made some friends in your new place. Hope that you have finally finished getting all the papers/etc done for living in a new place... license, medical, etc.

It is lunch time and I haven't even had breakfast... so best get that done ASAP. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I have been busy scrapping.... working on Color Play stuff. Then DD#1 called and we talked for almost an hour!! Then I went back to the LO I was working on and decided to change a few things on it. I was sure that I wanted to use a yellow BG paper but then played around adding other color papers and the soft pink bokeh paper turns out to be the best!!! I had an idea in mind when I started the LO with the photo and the more I worked with it... the more it changed. And, yes @taxed4ever ... this was one I put the photo on and threw a bunch of elements/paints/accents on. Wow, it is funny how much my idea changed as I worked with it. I kept turning layers on and off until I was happy with it. Then went back to delete the layers I had turned off.

@Cherylndesigns Sorry your water is still sputtering/etc. Hope the weather warms up so it gets stronger.
I really should go work on some of the Art Journaling challenges. BTW... fabulous quotes you found for week 3!!! Now it is a question of finding photo/s and/or kits to use.

@faerywings Hope the line is not long at the FP and you get through there early with lots of goodies!

@tanteva I take it you are frozen up there in the north country!! Stay warm, friend.

@LSlycord Don't tell me it is COLD in FLORIDA!!! Glad you still have some heavy weight clothes to wear! Please do take it easy as you are still in recovery mode from the surgery. :hug2:

@vickyday Glad you have finished your PT. Hope your back is coming along and getting better.

@bcgal00 How wonderful that you all have made some friends in your new place. Hope that you have finally finished getting all the papers/etc done for living in a new place... license, medical, etc.

It is lunch time and I haven't even had breakfast... so best get that done ASAP. HAGD
Kay, I do the very same thing with LOs. I start out with a vision and quite often it completely changes before I'm finished. Sometimes, they almost take on a life of their own. I missed your post about your new computer. How exciting is that and also that your son will ge coming to help get the "new computer kinks" out. There always are some.

This darned water anyway. At least I had one day of water. I was so thrilled when I found so much good stuff online about "looking back" - I wasn't sure, when I hatched that idea, what I'd find.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
You know how I wish that I had the Superpower of teleportation? Welp, let's just say that even if I were keeping it Extreme Top Secret, I'd have no choice but to break that and be somewhere warm. Maybe somewhere in the 40*F range. Bwuahahah!
I hate the cold on a good day but this is awful and I'll never understand how people live where subzero temps are normal.
Current Temp: 15*F and Real Feel of -5*, winds are going at about 15-20 mph. Fun fun fun! Narrator voice: Absolutely *not* fun.

(FYI: My Grammarly App is very disgruntled with that paragraph. ^ :rotfl: )

I bailed on the FP yesterday. There was nothing that I needed so desperately to make me stand outside for an hour or so. We can live on pasta for a week if need be. Hopefully, the volunteers were able to stay out of the cold too.

I did next to nothing yesterday. I was in a lazy blah bored kind of mood. I looked at some recipe ideas online and came up empty. I started crocheting a hat. Ripped that sucker out three times trying to get the guage right. Heck- at least I am trying to gauge a swatch. That's a step in the right direction, usually I wing it and wonder why it doesn't fit. *wink*
Gave up. Ended up breaking out a 1500-piece puzzle. That was about all I could handle, figuring out what color plate a puzzle piece belonged on.

I *have* to get my act together and be productive today. I have a grocery order started. I hit my budget which is scary since I am not sure what I am cooking. Ehhh, it's the first pass. I'll figure it out. :greengrin:

Sending you all lots of love today!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord How are the rest of your fellow Floridians holding up? I can't imagine that they are too happy with this. The snowbirds are probably even more aggravated since those temps are what they are escaping from.

@vickyday :giggle4: Yup, I could have C&P-ed that comment every day this week. No snow today but it looks like there is because of the wind. I saw your comment on my AJ page, will your pond photos work for the challenge?
Hearing Mark and Noah laugh must be a wonderful sound.
Baby goats!!!!! Please tell me that you took lots of pictures!!! And of new visiting birds too

@tanteva I used that same Bitmoji a few days ago but your layers of ice must be a million times thicker than mine. Hang in there, it has to get warmer at some point. (Or does it??? Nature does its own damn thing lately)
It's awful when -8*F is "warm."

@Cherylndesigns LOL at Gary's RLS/RAS/RNS! I have been sleeping pretty well the last few weeks and I realized it is because he has been sleeping on the couch near jaida since her surgery. Whisky starts in bed with me and then goes out with him and J later on.
It must be so cold for Daisy and Sam too, they need to cuddle!
Tell Steph I am wishing her a safe trip home, make sure she has extra water, blankets, and her phone is fully charged. Hey, I can worry about other people's kids too :giggle4:

@BrightEyes Does PSE have a Snapshot feature in History? I use that all the time when I can't decide what blending or layering I like. I end up with 5 or 6 Snapshots then compare and eliminate them one by one. It's neat to take a step back and think about your process and how it changes.
ITA with Cheryl how some pages have a life of their own-- the one that Cheryl gave me a GSO was one of them. (Thank you again, Cheryl!! ♥)

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord How are the rest of your fellow Floridians holding up? I can't imagine that they are too happy with this. The snowbirds are probably even more aggravated since those temps are what they are escaping from.

@vickyday :giggle4: Yup, I could have C&P-ed that comment every day this week. No snow today but it looks like there is because of the wind. I saw your comment on my AJ page, will your pond photos work for the challenge?
Hearing Mark and Noah laugh must be a wonderful sound.
Baby goats!!!!! Please tell me that you took lots of pictures!!! And of new visiting birds too

@tanteva I used that same Bitmoji a few days ago but your layers of ice must be a million times thicker than mine. Hang in there, it has to get warmer at some point. (Or does it??? Nature does its own damn thing lately)
It's awful when -8*F is "warm."

@Cherylndesigns LOL at Gary's RLS/RAS/RNS! I have been sleeping pretty well the last few weeks and I realized it is because he has been sleeping on the couch near jaida since her surgery. Whisky starts in bed with me and then goes out with him and J later on.
It must be so cold for Daisy and Sam too, they need to cuddle!
Tell Steph I am wishing her a safe trip home, make sure she has extra water, blankets, and her phone is fully charged. Hey, I can worry about other people's kids too :giggle4:

@BrightEyes Does PSE have a Snapshot feature in History? I use that all the time when I can't decide what blending or layering I like. I end up with 5 or 6 Snapshots then compare and eliminate them one by one. It's neat to take a step back and think about your process and how it changes.
ITA with Cheryl how some pages have a life of their own-- the one that Cheryl gave me a GSO was one of them. (Thank you again, Cheryl!! ♥)

xoxoxo
Unfortunately the pond pictures were not very reflective. It was pretty windy and the water was choppy.
I did get pictures of the baby goats and puppies. The goats were outside and it was dark and the light was from our phones so I'm not sure how they turned out yet. I will probably move them to the EHD today. They were just a few hours old. So sweet!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,
Quick in and out for now. I need to finish getting ready for church.
Another cold but sunny day here. Supposed to be a high of 37 today before it cools down again, lol!
Lunch is in the fridge ready to pop into the oven when we get back from church.
Hope everyone has a great day!

LSlycord

All of Florida is constantly complaining about this weather. They told us to cover our plants last night...I didn't, if this weather kills them it kills them. I did notice that my hibiscus look pretty nice this morning. A couple of pretty big blooms. Turned the heat on last night. I'm going to be comfortable for sure. The good news is that we will be in the 70's by Tuesday and Friday and Saturday are supposed to be 80's. I normally wouldn't be excited about 80's but I'm looking forward to it.

Had a fun dinner out last night. Some of the people in my travel agent group. I have a couple of quotes I'm working on today. One group wants to go to Punta Cana in May to renew wedding vows and another friend wants a cruise...just trying to decide where, when and which cruise line. I love researching this stuff, so that will keep me going today.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Temps are above freezing this morning... and heading up to 50's!!! dance4 Will be like that until later this week. I will enjoy the warmer temps while they last. Need to make a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and fresh fruit and coffee creamer.

I just finished getting this week's FWP page uploaded. I had to LOL as my Jan page in my notebook is out of room - every line completely filled and we still have Color Play pages to add to it!!! And yes, it really feels good to be back to scrapping again! Just wish typing was easier. But I do manage to muddle through - taking breaks then coming back to finish the posts/comments.

@faerywings I don't think that PSE or my computer has the snapshot feature in History. I have never used the snapshot. Instead I leave all the layers there and just turn them on/off. That is really helpful when I am deciding the background papers - which is usually after I have most of the page created. I will usually put a BG layer that I think might work so I can see the accents/artsy stuff as I add them. I will also copy the photo before I use Enhance on it and/or erase edges to make my own mask and click 1 of them off. Then I can click them on/off to decide which I like better. Much better than using "undo". Now that I am adding a lot more artsy stuff to my LOs, I usually have 8-10 layers that are turned off - then will click them on/off to see which I like or move them around. And yes... both you and Cheryl are right... some pages do take on a life of their own and just come together so easily!!

@vickyday Sorry the light wasn't better when you took the photos of the babies. Maybe you can enhance them. Nice that you have lunch ready to pop in the oven to cook once you are home from church.

@LSlycord I can just hear all those living in FL complaining about the cold... it is so unusual for those low temps! Wow... you are planning some fun things with the new acquaintances.

Need more :coffeedrinker: then check out other posts...:busy1:.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Looks like I no longer get a chance to come in here first thing in the morning. The new routine with the dogs is to take the dogs outside, get a coffee, give dogs a cookie, read book at kitchen nook as I watch the sunrise, then get another coffee, give the dogs their second cookie and read a bit more. Then Remi lets me know it's time to head upstairs to the media room for morning playtime. I top up my coffee and we head upstairs. I throw the ball down the hallway as I sit on the couch and watch something easy to follow (like a game show). Taz lays beside me and chews his toy for a bit. Then the dogs have their wrestling playtime, flipping around and barking together, as they pounce on each other (this is why I need a simple show to watch b/c of the noise LOL). I wouldn't be able to follow the storyline of something more complex. Then we go outside for a pee break and then finally I get some time to myself. That all takes at least 2 hrs.

Remi was so funny at the dog park yesterday. With all the snow and ice I didn't want to use the ball thrower, didn't want to have her racing at warp speed and maybe slipping and injuring herself, so I just threw a few snowballs in the air for her to catch and just kept telling her "lets walk" but she was so excited that she couldn't "just walk", she had to run in circles up ahead, yipping in excitement, and then come back to me, then run ahead in circles repeatedly. Everyone was laughing at her. Her face was a mass of frozen icicles but she didn't care. I'm surprised that her boots didn't come off with all the activity. I kept a close watch in case I had to go search for a missing boot somewhere along the way. Today is another cold day, only 7 right now but will get up to about 18 later. It'll be like that for another few days and then (fingers crossed) the weather changes to just above freezing, so my birding hike for Wed should finally happen. It sucks that they had to cancel the first two outings, luckily there are 8 more hikes, so still many parks to explore during this course.

We talked about a mini vacation in a few months and have decided on Montana and Washington. We are going to Spokane WA for some shopping (Trader Joes)

@faerywings Yes, we have done all our paperwork now to be official Albertans :) I bet you are excited for the upcoming hikes. I love the pretty snow and ice but can't wait for spring and the wildlife photography opportunities.

@vickyday Baby goats are just too adorable! Puppies too. My heart would be bursting with happiness to be there.

@BrightEyes So glad you are enjoying scrapping but be careful, don't overdo it.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... It is a very foggy morning here, but the temps are warming up and I don't need to have heaters going all over the house. DH was awake at the ungodly hour of 4am and has now gone back to bed to try to get a couple more hours of sleep. The house is quiet, so I thought I would pop in and see how everyone has been this weekend. We spent yesterday going to all the local furniture shops to try to find my Gary a new recliner for his birthday gift. Oh my gosh there sure are some nice ones out there, but they sure are a nice price too!! Oh well its his 70th Birthday, so I guess he deserves to be spoiled a bit :lovey3: Then I went out to my favourite craft store to try to find some special watercolour card stock, but the kind I want she doesn't carry, so I guess I will be putting in an online order for it. I had a nice chat with Sadie yesterday too, I sent her some flavour pods for her air water bottle that I got for her for Christmas and she was thanking me for them and really loves all the flavours! She is a busy girl these days with school and Concert Band and Jazz Band also. Isaac has his nose in a book every chance he gets and is very involved with his Dungeons and Dragons club that he belongs to. Our son Jason and Wife Jackie are terribly busy with work and running the kids here and there, life is good for all of them!! Wish we lived closer so that we could help out!! I might have to make a trip sometime in the spring, just to get my Grandma fix!! We are hoping that Heather and Jonah will be able to find a house to buy in the near future so perhaps I will be going out to help with the move if they do. Not much happening here today, except the usual :vacuuming::laundry::housekeeping: . DH wants me to cut his hair, so the vacuuming will wait until after that is done. Perhaps a bit of scrapping will happen too.

@faerywings - Sounds like yesterday was a bit discombobulated, a day of starting, but not finishing anything. I have lots of those kind of days ! Hope you are able to find some good recipes and are able to figure out what your meal plans will be for the week.

@vickyday - How nice to have lunch all ready to go when you arrive home from church!! Hope you enjoy the rest of the day, lucky you to have sunshine, we can't see the houses across the street because of all the fog this morning. Maybe the sun will pop out later today, but I doubt it. Then it looks like 2 weeks worth of rain is on the way :gloomy: darn it!

@LSlycord - Jeezzz even Florida is having this horrible cold snap! When Isaac and Sadie were very little we all went to Orlando to visit Disneyworld it was at the end of January and we couldn't believe how cold it was, of course we did not pack for cold weather, so we all froze wandering around the park. We ended up having to buy nice warm hoodies, poor Heather had to buy gloves so her hands didn't freeze driving her scooter. It was very unusual weather!!

@BrightEyes - You have been very busy scrapping and so nice that you are able to again, sorry you are still having trouble typing though, hopefully that improves for you too!

@bcgal00 - You are now officially a prairie chick!! Sounds like the dogs are keeping you busy in mornings!! Hope that you get to do your mini vacation, it will be good to get away and have some change from everyday life! So cute that Remi just loves his time outside and keeps everyone entertained. Sure will be nice when the weather warms up for you and you can get out on your hikes and do some birding!!

Ok DH is up, guess he couldn't fall back to sleep, so I will be getting some brunch for the two of us. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!! :cowwaving:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Temps are above freezing this morning... and heading up to 50's!!! dance4 Will be like that until later this week. I will enjoy the warmer temps while they last. Need to make a quick trip to the grocery store for milk and fresh fruit and coffee creamer.

I just finished getting this week's FWP page uploaded. I had to LOL as my Jan page in my notebook is out of room - every line completely filled and we still have Color Play pages to add to it!!! And yes, it really feels good to be back to scrapping again! Just wish typing was easier. But I do manage to muddle through - taking breaks then coming back to finish the posts/comments.

@faerywings I don't think that PSE or my computer has the snapshot feature in History. I have never used the snapshot. Instead I leave all the layers there and just turn them on/off. That is really helpful when I am deciding the background papers - which is usually after I have most of the page created. I will usually put a BG layer that I think might work so I can see the accents/artsy stuff as I add them. I will also copy the photo before I use Enhance on it and/or erase edges to make my own mask and click 1 of them off. Then I can click them on/off to decide which I like better. Much better than using "undo". Now that I am adding a lot more artsy stuff to my LOs, I usually have 8-10 layers that are turned off - then will click them on/off to see which I like or move them around. And yes... both you and Cheryl are right... some pages do take on a life of their own and just come together so easily!!

@vickyday Sorry the light wasn't better when you took the photos of the babies. Maybe you can enhance them. Nice that you have lunch ready to pop in the oven to cook once you are home from church.

@LSlycord I can just hear all those living in FL complaining about the cold... it is so unusual for those low temps! Wow... you are planning some fun things with the new acquaintances.

Need more :coffeedrinker: then check out other posts...:busy1:.
GO, Kay! Great job in being able to fill your January notebook page! So happy you are back to scrapping!

Yes, I should be able to get rid of some of the shadows on the baby goat pictures! At least I hope I can!
Sure felt good to be able to pop lunch into the oven when I got home! It was Mark's favorite hamburger casserole!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Looks like I no longer get a chance to come in here first thing in the morning. The new routine with the dogs is to take the dogs outside, get a coffee, give dogs a cookie, read book at kitchen nook as I watch the sunrise, then get another coffee, give the dogs their second cookie and read a bit more. Then Remi lets me know it's time to head upstairs to the media room for morning playtime. I top up my coffee and we head upstairs. I throw the ball down the hallway as I sit on the couch and watch something easy to follow (like a game show). Taz lays beside me and chews his toy for a bit. Then the dogs have their wrestling playtime, flipping around and barking together, as they pounce on each other (this is why I need a simple show to watch b/c of the noise LOL). I wouldn't be able to follow the storyline of something more complex. Then we go outside for a pee break and then finally I get some time to myself. That all takes at least 2 hrs.

Remi was so funny at the dog park yesterday. With all the snow and ice I didn't want to use the ball thrower, didn't want to have her racing at warp speed and maybe slipping and injuring herself, so I just threw a few snowballs in the air for her to catch and just kept telling her "lets walk" but she was so excited that she couldn't "just walk", she had to run in circles up ahead, yipping in excitement, and then come back to me, then run ahead in circles repeatedly. Everyone was laughing at her. Her face was a mass of frozen icicles but she didn't care. I'm surprised that her boots didn't come off with all the activity. I kept a close watch in case I had to go search for a missing boot somewhere along the way. Today is another cold day, only 7 right now but will get up to about 18 later. It'll be like that for another few days and then (fingers crossed) the weather changes to just above freezing, so my birding hike for Wed should finally happen. It sucks that they had to cancel the first two outings, luckily there are 8 more hikes, so still many parks to explore during this course.

We talked about a mini vacation in a few months and have decided on Montana and Washington. We are going to Spokane WA for some shopping (Trader Joes)

@faerywings Yes, we have done all our paperwork now to be official Albertans :) I bet you are excited for the upcoming hikes. I love the pretty snow and ice but can't wait for spring and the wildlife photography opportunities.

@vickyday Baby goats are just too adorable! Puppies too. My heart would be bursting with happiness to be there.

@BrightEyes So glad you are enjoying scrapping but be careful, don't overdo it.
I love baby animals, too! So precious!