Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, July 12

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Your story reminded me of the story about Mark when our oldest was born. I was in labor for 36 hours, they took her out via suction because no surgery room was available for C -section. Then I suffered all kinds of complications - and Mark was seen in the halls with his hand on his head telling everyone how tired he was. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Men. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Poor Mark 0 I'll bet he WAS tired - just exhausted. He had worked hard, hadn't he???:rollingpin1::rollingpin1: "Men" is right. :rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Stopped at Kohl's and they were having a huge sale
Love Kohl's sales.....especially when I have extra % off coupons and Kohl's Cash!
Waiting for info from DD#2 - her hubby is back in the hospital
Hate to hear this! Did I miss the followup to this?
Need to sit on the massager for awhile and let the back settle down some
Hope your back is doing better today!
I tried printing the jpeg files but they are not as sharp and crisp as using the tiff files.
This is very interesting information!
I'm wondering if I need that 800 x 800 jpg
I'm pretty sure in the last year or so @wombat146 wanted us to start saving our gallery versions at 800x800.
When you save your layouts, do you save full size, and the 600 - 800, AND the web version?
I never save the PSD version, however there have been times that I wished I had when I find a mistake or typo! I usually only save the flattened jpg version and the 800x800 web version.
Okay... Reasons to print tiff file vs jpeg. If you look at the size of the tiff file vs jpeg you will see that it is much larger... therefore there are more pixels per inch in it which will give a much sharper look to the printed LO. I used to save files in PSD but Karen Schulz pointed out that the tiff files take less space than the PSD files so I switched over to tiff several years ago.
I'm going to start doing this to see how it works.....especially saving as tiff for printing! The only thing might be that, since I don't print them myself and send them to Persnickety for printing.....I'm wondering if they accept tiff files.....I'll have to check that out.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes I don't know how I missed your sil is back in the hospital, I'm so sr
sorry to hear this./

@vickyday I didn't know about the save 800x 800 part, I will start doing that - Thank you for giving me another thing I need to remember :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
OMG, Kay @BrightEyes is your SIL back in the hospital? I just saw this post by Jeanne @JeanneMN
Yes, he was admitted via ER in the smaller town hospital where they live on Thursday evening. Still waiting on further news but looks like he will be transferred back to the larger city hospital where the surgeon who did his foot surgery is. Nothing happens over a weekend so won't expect that to happen until early next week.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@vickyday @JeanneMN @mimes1 Hi ladies, not a CT requirement as such, you have the choice of 600x600 or 800x800 (under 200kb), and of course just remember to read what size the designer may request in the Pre-release thread. I know some of them need larger sizes like 1000x1000, for those save your layout as 1000x1000 and send it the designer - trying to keep the under 200kb size in check on this larger version can be tricky so don't worry about that part of it, after you send it to the designer you can then resize again to either of those previous sizes mentioned. :) Let me know if you need more help with that, just message me. :)

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you are all well, it's cold down here but at least the sun is out today :sunnyeyes: after days of clouds and rain!!! :brrr::cold::brrr::cold:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes, he was admitted via ER in the smaller town hospital where they live on Thursday evening. Still waiting on further news but looks like he will be transferred back to the larger city hospital where the surgeon who did his foot surgery is. Nothing happens over a weekend so won't expect that to happen until early next week.
OMGoodness, Kay. You're right - nothing happens over the weekend so be sure to keep us posted. Sending lots of hugs.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@vickyday @JeanneMN @mimes1 Hi ladies, not a CT requirement as such, you have the choice of 600x600 or 800x800 (under 200kb), and of course just remember to read what size the designer may request in the Pre-release thread. I know some of them need larger sizes like 1000x1000, for those save your layout as 1000x1000 and send it the designer - trying to keep the under 200kb size in check on this larger version can be tricky so don't worry about that part of it, after you send it to the designer you can then resize again to either of those previous sizes mentioned. :) Let me know if you need more help with that, just message me. :)

Hello to everyone else!! Hope you are all well, it's cold down here but at least the sun is out today :sunnyeyes: after days of clouds and rain!!! :brrr::cold::brrr::cold:
Hello to the freezing down under - glad the sun is out at least. :sunnyeyes::sunnyeyes::sunnyeyes:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

AH! Thanks, Ona, for the clarification!
I would GLADLY take some of your cold weather after the heat and humidity we've been having!