Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Friday Jan 30 TGIF

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yes yes-- TGIF *she mumbles in exhaustion*THFC today- thank goodness for caffeine.
Long day yesterday. Long day today.
Today is another Lyme appt for Scott. Thank goodness I love this dr and I really see progress, b/c is it a long drive to see him. And I still don't know if Gary is going to be able to come with me or not. He has been just so sick. My amazing mom is on standby as usual. She is sort of on the way, so if he doesn't drive, she'll come with me, and drive part of the way.
I seriously don't know what I would do without her. Which his why I get so upset that she still has never gone for a mammogram,.... ugh-- that is a whole 'nother story...

Enoughof my complaining, I can tell it is going to be one of those days, so I best keep my mouth shut as smile as much as possibe.

And good reason to smile: Happy Birthday Shell hon !

Happy Brithday darlin- we love ya!!!

ME- how is Christian feeling today- hope it was a 24 hour thing and he is fine. And fingers crossed you don't get it too.

Tali- about the speech therapy-- Caitlyn was 18 mo'n and she didn't say more than 10 words. They called her "Static" at school b/c she made this chchchchchchchhhhhh sound all the time instead of speaking. We had her eval'ed at 2 and she was good on receptive, but not so good on expressive language. They said to keep an eye on her and by 3 she was talking non-stop. Still does just like her mom. :p
Scott was the one who ended up with Speech services when he was in Elem school, not her LOL
Either way, it is always best to get these things taken care of earlier. I am sure that being boys and being twins has a lot to do with it, more so than anything orgnaic in the brain.
How did they do w/ shots? poor little guys! And woot for Eric- I cannot imagine how you;d take twins to the dr-- for shots no less- on your own. You are Supa-Woman!!! :D

Lori-- I only speak the truith :D Thank God he has such a good heart underneath all of that hair and boy-brain LOL

Clara- I cannot imagine how hard that must be with dh doing a 24 hour shift on any sort of regular basis. Gary did that a few times when he was still working and it was hard but to have to do it regularly --ugh :(
Thanks fo rthe good thoughts- but you know me...... :rolleyes: I went and shoveled my MIL's 1-2" thick icy driveway too. I am suck a sucker. I didn't want to mop her floors and then have them come in and make a mess. I am hurting even more than before. I can be so stupid sometimes.
And I see that you are taking in a freinds biy for a month? That is just so awesome of you. You'll need quite a bit of aspirin I am sure, but that is really really sweet! You are a good friend.

LindaP- Long ago in my "crafty" period (before kids LOL) I tried my hand ot some floral arranging and wreaths. *Shudders* I bet your kids are doing much better than I ever did!
And 105-- woo.... that is a big dog!

*takes a deep breath and holds it* (((((((hugs krista)))))) *turns face away and lets out breath. No need for me to breathe your germy air Buhahahaha! Seriously sweetie- I cannot imagine having 5 sick kids- and then getting sick on top of it. And seriously- if you can, try to crack your windows open, even of just for a bit- to get some fresh air in.
Also, do you have eucalyptus or tea tree eseential oils? If you do, or can get your hands on some eaiely- --- put a few drops in a water sprayer bottle, shake really good and mist the air. (not the furniture) or if you have one of theose burners, put a drop or two in the top with some water and light the tealight underneat. Both oils are really good for disinfecting the air.
And don't forget your garlic!
feel better honey!

Sandra- oh I am so glad to hear good news about your dad!!! Yay!!!!

Dawm- OMG!! THat is just awful!! And what a time to come down with a stomach bug! :( I hope that they can get you all back "on the grid" asap. I had no idea how bad it was by you. Very scary. How is the truck, will it be driveable??
(((((hugs)))))

Well, my loves, you made me feel much less like I should complain. At least I have heat and hot water! Yikes!
I wish any of you that neededme loived closer, my door would always be open.....

Love to you all. And I so hope that today brings much good news and love to everyone.

SeaShelly

Good Morning Sweety O's~!
Thanks so much~!
I am wishing for you all to have warm sunshine in your life today~! (including the weather...but mostly the mood)
I am a moods person...I don't ask for things...just a mood. Happy, romantic, fun...you know, all of that

Chris~ I know what you mean about the exhaustion...this kidney disease knocks me on my keester. and while I am doing better...I still get so tired. But I am OK

Hugs out to all of you LOVELY LADIES~! Have a wonderful day~!
hugs~ pastryShell

mei74

Hi girls! A quick driveby for me. Thanks for the well wishes for Christian. He is indeed feeling better - back to school today. It seems there was a stomach bug going through his daycare - 24 hour thing teachers and kids.

Love to you all! Happy FRIDAY!

kehfrog

Good morning everyone! I hope it's a good day for you today.

For all those who aren't feeling well or have sick kids, I hope everyone feels better soon!

ME - I'm glad Christian is feeling better.

Shelly - Happy Birthday!

For those coming after me - have a good Friday!

Karen

Digi Designz

Hello all you lovely people's!!

I am so pumped that it's Friday and sad all at the same time. I've been feeling sick so I'm glad that I can rest up now over the weekend. But my hunnie is going away to Texas for 2WEEKS on a business trip!! eekkk we have only ever been apart for one week once before this. I'm gonna be lonely. I already have friends on standby to snuggle me LOL.

And remember.....Baby steps spark miracles. Miracles do not spark baby steps.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning Lady-O's!!

Friday is a good day, although I have a lot to do this weekend. My dh FINALLY got Ethan's bed out of his room so I have to clean it, clean the carpet, paint it and get his new bed in there. I need to go to Michaels to get some paint. I need to figure out a way to make his walls seem waterish. They are already blue so that makes it easier. Then I have to decorate his bed like a pirate ship. It will be fun and my sister is coming down to help. She's not very creative but she's good at placement of things and sometimes she has great ideas just no idea of how to make it work, which is where I come in and make things happen. It should be fun.

So, does anyone have big plans for Superbowl? My DH volunteered to take the shift at the hospital since no one wanted it and he really doesn't care. I have no plans but my church does a big superbowl party with the game on the big screen. People bring in their comfy chairs and hang out. You have everything from folding chairs to recliners. It sounds fun. We'll see how it goes though. I know dh had planned on going snowboarding but all of the snow melted.

Tonight I am going to Charlie's Safari. It is a big play plex for kids. It has the blow up bounce house stuff, miniature golf, lazer tag, a giant treehouse type play structure and an arcade. It is pretty cool. But we haven't really seen our nanny since she stopped working for us and we are meeting her there. It will be nice to see them. It has been quite awhile. Ethan has been bugging me to see her for quite sometime now so it should be fun. I am glad that she no longer works for me for many reasons but we have definately missed her also. We had her for almost 2 years, so it was a big change to not have her at the house everyday.

So...
Chris - I hope your appointment goes well. I understand driving a long way to see someone. We do that for the dentist who sees my kids. He's not 2 hours away but at least 45 minutes away. That is so far for me. I'm a cry baby about driving. Yeah, we are taking in a 6yo for a month. His mom is in the Army and she has a really hard time with the dad and he lives too far away to be helpful and they have had nothing but problems. I'm just glad we have formed a friendship strong enough that she trusts us with her son. When we first met her my dh and I thought we had nothing in common with her. We thought she was nice and all but we didn't have a lot to talk about. But now we talk plenty. I'm just glad we can help. My husband doesn't go to the field or get deployed and there is so little we can do for some of these people so it is nice when we can do something that really makes a difference.

Dawn - Holy Moley!!! That is crazy that you have to go to a hotel to be sick. What an interesting and stressful situation. I hope you guys start feeling better since you are only able to stay for 2 nights. I am so thankful that you have the means to do that. I'll send you lots of hugs from a very far distance. Where are these ice storms at??

Shell - Thanks for the warm wishes. I may need them this weekend. I read someplace that it is your birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

ME - I am so glad that Christian is feeling better. It is kinda nice that it was running through the daycare because then they understand and don't send him home over sillyness.

Karen - Have a fantastic Day!!

Digi - These two weeks will be hard but try very hard to be thankful that it is only two weeks. My husband is in the military and although he doesn't deploy, we have been seperated for several 3-6 month spurts in the past and there are so many families who have loved ones in places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Korea. So, although I know it is hard being apart from your spouse try very hard to be as thankful as you can. It might make it a little easier. ((Hugs))

LindaPete

It's Friday - and Superbowl Weekend! We'll be holding down the recliners at our house for the big game. No party to go to, just us :) Then we have to make it through the "no football till next fall withdrawals"! I think we're going to split firewood tomorrow morning - it's supposed to be nice and almost warm out!
I'll be killing the dog soon - he broke my alarm clock at 2:00 this morning!

Chris - hope your drive and Scott's appointment goes well. I'm glad your Mom is close enough to help you out!
SeaShell - Happy virthday, hope it's a great day!
ME - glad Christian is better. Hope he hasn't contaminated the rest of the house! So far I'm dodging the bullet - no sick days for me yet this year!
Karen - Happy Friday!
Sandra - Glad to hear that your dad is doing so well! Hope the weekend is restful and uneventful for yoU!
Digi - when my hubby goes out of town of business I rent a bunch of chick flicks and get caught up on them. Hubby hates them :)

LindaPete

Clara - our church does that same sort of thing but we call it "Souper Bowl Sunday" . We have a soup potluck and everyone brings cans of soup or other non perishables that go to one of the local food pantries.