Oscraps

Daily Ooos: February 4-5: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Holy moly coldy
:holysheep:
It is almost 8 am and it has "warmed" up to -3*F. The wind has calmed down, it was awful last night. At least I don't live in Mt Washington, NH. Did you see that they had -108* wind chill???? Gary was talking to Scott about it as if it was the actual temperature, I had to butt in (naturally *G*) to say it was the wind chill. Then we all agreed that once it is that cold, it does not make a darn difference in what type of temp it is.
At least the sun is out so it doesn't look as cold as it is. Thankful for small favors.:)

I was able to run my errands early and was back home before noon. I finally finished the LO I was doing for the Heritage Challenge. I actually ended up doing two LOs- two twists on basically the same page. Did some puzzling with Gary and remembered to squeeze in yoga. I haven't missed a day since I started. I still feel like I am running around without a clue about what I am supposed to be doing. Can anyone relate?

I am going to the FP this morning, I am taking Caitlyn's car since she has heated seats. I hope it is open and not busy. I feel for the volunteers :(
After that, I have to -- must- get m,y act together for the party. I need to print out some French artwork to hang on the walls and make some name tags/place cards. I am also going to need to review all of the info I need to share as the hostess. My costume is to wear either a plain long dress or a suit. Since I have neither, I am going to borrow one of Caitlyn's work blazers, with a black turtleneck and black pants. Maybe I will wear a scarf? I'll let my hair go curly and wear it in a bun. Dark lips and nails. That should work, right?

Have a fabulous day and stay warm if you are in the middle of this weather pattern
:heartpumplove:

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. Miss Syd is home so I’m happy! She got home at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. I had the interview…they are still getting funding lined up so it may be about two weeks but they definitely want me. I’ve been down this road so many times in the past six months that I tend to be a bit skeptical. But, here we are. And, it’s a good thing that they want me because the other company hired someone else. It can sure be discouraging. I think that they think with my resume that I won’t be satisfied with the positions that they are offering. That’s not the case but they don’t know that.

Anyway, enough about that nonsense. The four of us went to dinner last night. We went to Blue Bamboo which is the restaurant where Shaun and I took the cooking class in November. The food was delicious. We shared one piece of their award winning orange cake. Delicious! But it is huge and we knew that we wouldn’t have room for separate pieces. Then, on the way home, we stopped at Crumbl Cookie. Oh my goodness…I had heard of it but it definitely exceeded my expectations and I will be returning. We bought a six pack of different flavors and then we all shared as we did a tasting medley. Young adults are really fun!

Then I need to get over to the grocery store for the ingredients for tonight's supper. I'm hoping for epic! #giggle
The rest of the day will be spent just enjoying my family. Almost feels like my birthday instead of Brian's.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I scrolled all the way down to see if you posted about how the interview went but I guess you were busy waiting for Syd to come home. :) Any news on the other job? *fingers and toes crossed*:pleasantry: I know this guy is actually doing air quotes, but I am going to pretend it is fingers crossed. Although I think I like my faery dust better :sparkles1:

@Su_Sanne welcome to the Daily Ooos!! American slang changes so much and so quickly, there is no way to keep up if you are older than 30 :lol23:
yes, xo means kiss and hug. I use that a lot.
As long as you bring the coffee, we will always have a place for you here. Even without coffee, we are excited to have you join us.
#coffee-3

I tend to have terrible grammar and use many abbreviations. If I ever write something that does not translate well, please let me know. I can be confusing to native English speakers. Having to translate what I write has to be even more difficult.

@vickyday I hope you stayed cozy and warm yesterday and that you felt good too. That is funny that you still like looking at paper-scrapping stuff. I never gravitate toward that, I go right for the yarn, even though I have more than I know what to do with.
How is Mark feeling today? Did he come in early or did he stay in the woods for the normal amount of time? (That is what I am betting on, normal amount of time :p)

@BrightEyes That :multitasking: smilie is *perfect* for you! I am happy that you aren't as achy as you were. The mkt had blackberries on sale for $2 so I got 2 packs. They will be gone by tomorrow. I thought my FIL was going to be one of the "quieter" players but MIL said he is *all in.* Love it.

@bcgal00 I didn't see the photos of the waxwings on FB, I am going to have to check them out when I am done here. Good for you treating yourself to a cheery mug for Spring. When I was in the dollar store yesterday, I caved and bought seed packets. I know, I have terrible luck with seeds but 4/$1-- I had to give myself something spring-y to look fwd to.

@taxed4ever Sounds like your Gary had a fab b-day! The shop, Plentiful, sound amazing. Did you take Wendy with you and is she adjusting so far to being retired? OMG!!!! I hope that Heather was able to get the new duvet all set. Do the kids have school when it is that cold?

@Cherylndesigns I don't think we have a white flag emoji yet, but :hanging:
UGH!! What a mess about the Mac! :rollingpin1:<~ See, she comes in handy. I am so sorry that it wasn't able to get fixed up, but I am glad that you figured it out fast and can return it. Your IT guy sounded very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank goodness.
Just wait until you have two monitors, you are going to *love* it! You'll never wan to go back to just one.

Ok, I better get this party started. :clubparty:
Hugs!!

LSlycord

I'm going to get the personals done before I get my day started or I will never get back here.

@faerywings it is chilly down here this morning...only 46° going to 64° but with the weather that the rest of the country is getting, I won't be complaining. Stay warm on your trip to FP. (And we have been discussing that dreadful windchill in NH as well. My mind can't comprehend!) I love all of the effort that you are putting into this party. I can't wait for the pictures!

@Su_Sanne it was so good to see you here yesterday. I am Linda, as you know from my signature. My husband, Brian, and I have two children. Our oldest, Shaun, is 20 and living at home while attending college. Our youngest, Sydney, will be 19 in March and is attending college about a 90 minute drive from here. We moved from cold Iowa in 2019 and now live in warm/hot Florida. We have two dogs who are incredibly spoiled. Andie is a Newfypoo (1/2 Newfoundland and 1/2 poodle) and Hayden is a Sheepadoodle (1/2 Old English Sheepdog and 1/2 poodle). Everyone is home for the weekend because Brian will have his 60th birthday on Monday.#birthdayAnd that is the story of me. Oh plus the fact that you can always bring me another cup of coffee.:coffee1:

@vickyday hope that the headache is finally gone and that Mark was able to spend the day in the woods yesterday. And I hope that you are getting some sunshine as well!

@BrightEyes I love :multitasking: emoji for you because you always have a list a mile long. Hope you were able to get your flavored creamer for the coffee. I have always drank my coffee black. I'm not sure why. I just started that way and it stuck!

@bcgal00 the waxwings on the berry trees...those were just absolutely beautiful photos. I loved them!!! Hope you were able to get some chores done. And I'm sure that sweet Remi got a trip to the dog park.

@taxed4ever I cannot wait to see your painting. You know that I just love the sea turtle that is hanging in Syd's room. She is so looking forward to having her own bedroom and bathroom in the apartment next year and not sharing with anyone...I wouldn't be surprised if she takes that back with her to brighten things up!

Ok ladies...next on the list is the grocery store. Have a good weekend all and I'll be popping back in later.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Finally stirring around. Had a very broken night's sleep... woke up several times and finally fell back asleep at 4 and slept until 8AM. "Old Auther" is back big time. Started getting bad late yesterday and is worse this AM. Guess it is time to bring out the big guns .... the stinky lotion! Hate to use it as it really smells but it helps. I used the cream yesterday but it didn't seem to help that much. If DD#3 comes down, I will have her put some on the back. We have a 'warm' front going through for the weekend (up to 60's) - but the barometric change must be setting the OA off. Then Monday is 2 cold fronts back to back with rain/snow for the next couple of days. Turns out I have to stay home on Monday as I will be getting a call to set up a referral appt that the PC doc added. Ah... I am really enjoying my #coffee-4 with my flavored creamer! I really need it as I still feel only half awake. So glad to have caught the sale - $2 off each carton when you buy any 5 of the sale items. I got 3 cartons of creamer and 2 boxes of flavored instant oatmeal. The oatmeal is my go-to when I can't figure out what to fix meal. I was disappointed to see all the "Mark-down" bakery items have more than doubled in price since last week so wasn't tempted to get any.

@faerywings I think the all-black will work very well for the Murder Party! Wow, you are going all out with decorations, name tags and place tags. But, then again... you always go all out for the parties. :rotfl:I saw on the news how cold it is in the NE. Hope the FP is open and you can get what you want/need.

@LSlycord - So glad that Syd is home for the weekend. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend to celebrate Brian's birthday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the job comes through for you. Sorry the other one feel through.

@Cherylndesigns So happy that Ava is getting the 2nd monitor for you and will be setting it up soon. You made the right choice to send the Mac back.

Need to get something to eat so I can take the pain relieve pill. Don't like to take it at the same time I take the daily meds. HAGD

Su_Sanne

@LSlycord
Thank you for the introduction, Linda. Then you still have a lot to prepare for Brian's birthday ... But I think you like to do that, when the children come and everyone is together, you forget all the preparations. I had to laugh about the names of your dogs "Newfypoo" and Sheepadoodle. Too funny!!!
At the moment I already have three layouts in progress. I want to make you happy and post a new picture of Anton and Paule tomorrow. I finished the layout for the first challenge yesterday evening. I always come up with something new. I'll come by again in a few days, bring several pots of coffee and tell you something about myself, okay? Have a nice weekend!

@faerywings
Sometimes it's so much fun what the translator come up with. But that is what we all want - some fun, right? Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Holy moly coldy
:holysheep:
It is almost 8 am and it has "warmed" up to -3*F. The wind has calmed down, it was awful last night. At least I don't live in Mt Washington, NH. Did you see that they had -108* wind chill???? Gary was talking to Scott about it as if it was the actual temperature, I had to butt in (naturally *G*) to say it was the wind chill. Then we all agreed that once it is that cold, it does not make a darn difference in what type of temp it is.
At least the sun is out so it doesn't look as cold as it is. Thankful for small favors.:)

I was able to run my errands early and was back home before noon. I finally finished the LO I was doing for the Heritage Challenge. I actually ended up doing two LOs- two twists on basically the same page. Did some puzzling with Gary and remembered to squeeze in yoga. I haven't missed a day since I started. I still feel like I am running around without a clue about what I am supposed to be doing. Can anyone relate?

I am going to the FP this morning, I am taking Caitlyn's car since she has heated seats. I hope it is open and not busy. I feel for the volunteers :(
After that, I have to -- must- get m,y act together for the party. I need to print out some French artwork to hang on the walls and make some name tags/place cards. I am also going to need to review all of the info I need to share as the hostess. My costume is to wear either a plain long dress or a suit. Since I have neither, I am going to borrow one of Caitlyn's work blazers, with a black turtleneck and black pants. Maybe I will wear a scarf? I'll let my hair go curly and wear it in a bun. Dark lips and nails. That should work, right?

Have a fabulous day and stay warm if you are in the middle of this weather pattern
:heartpumplove:
Holy Moly is right! We were at 26 at 8! My wind chimes are quiet today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Miss Syd is home so I’m happy! She got home at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. I had the interview…they are still getting funding lined up so it may be about two weeks but they definitely want me. I’ve been down this road so many times in the past six months that I tend to be a bit skeptical. But, here we are. And, it’s a good thing that they want me because the other company hired someone else. It can sure be discouraging. I think that they think with my resume that I won’t be satisfied with the positions that they are offering. That’s not the case but they don’t know that.

Anyway, enough about that nonsense. The four of us went to dinner last night. We went to Blue Bamboo which is the restaurant where Shaun and I took the cooking class in November. The food was delicious. We shared one piece of their award winning orange cake. Delicious! But it is huge and we knew that we wouldn’t have room for separate pieces. Then, on the way home, we stopped at Crumbl Cookie. Oh my goodness…I had heard of it but it definitely exceeded my expectations and I will be returning. We bought a six pack of different flavors and then we all shared as we did a tasting medley. Young adults are really fun!

Then I need to get over to the grocery store for the ingredients for tonight's supper. I'm hoping for epic! #giggle
The rest of the day will be spent just enjoying my family. Almost feels like my birthday instead of Brian's.
Enjoy those young adults while you still have them! However, they are fun even in their 40's, too! ;)
BTW, I did the bacon-wrapped asparagus last night. Mark liked it! Hey, Markey! #cheer-2

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I scrolled all the way down to see if you posted about how the interview went but I guess you were busy waiting for Syd to come home. :) Any news on the other job? *fingers and toes crossed*:pleasantry: I know this guy is actually doing air quotes, but I am going to pretend it is fingers crossed. Although I think I like my faery dust better :sparkles1:

@Su_Sanne welcome to the Daily Ooos!! American slang changes so much and so quickly, there is no way to keep up if you are older than 30 :lol23:
yes, xo means kiss and hug. I use that a lot.
As long as you bring the coffee, we will always have a place for you here. Even without coffee, we are excited to have you join us.
#coffee-3

I tend to have terrible grammar and use many abbreviations. If I ever write something that does not translate well, please let me know. I can be confusing to native English speakers. Having to translate what I write has to be even more difficult.

@vickyday I hope you stayed cozy and warm yesterday and that you felt good too. That is funny that you still like looking at paper-scrapping stuff. I never gravitate toward that, I go right for the yarn, even though I have more than I know what to do with.
How is Mark feeling today? Did he come in early or did he stay in the woods for the normal amount of time? (That is what I am betting on, normal amount of time :p)

@BrightEyes That :multitasking: smilie is *perfect* for you! I am happy that you aren't as achy as you were. The mkt had blackberries on sale for $2 so I got 2 packs. They will be gone by tomorrow. I thought my FIL was going to be one of the "quieter" players but MIL said he is *all in.* Love it.

@bcgal00 I didn't see the photos of the waxwings on FB, I am going to have to check them out when I am done here. Good for you treating yourself to a cheery mug for Spring. When I was in the dollar store yesterday, I caved and bought seed packets. I know, I have terrible luck with seeds but 4/$1-- I had to give myself something spring-y to look fwd to.

@taxed4ever Sounds like your Gary had a fab b-day! The shop, Plentiful, sound amazing. Did you take Wendy with you and is she adjusting so far to being retired? OMG!!!! I hope that Heather was able to get the new duvet all set. Do the kids have school when it is that cold?

@Cherylndesigns I don't think we have a white flag emoji yet, but :hanging:
UGH!! What a mess about the Mac! :rollingpin1:<~ See, she comes in handy. I am so sorry that it wasn't able to get fixed up, but I am glad that you figured it out fast and can return it. Your IT guy sounded very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank goodness.
Just wait until you have two monitors, you are going to *love* it! You'll never wan to go back to just one.

Ok, I better get this party started. :clubparty:
Hugs!!
Yup! Nice and cozy yesterday.
You would have lost the bet on Mark, so you know he was feeling bad.....and it continues today! I hate it because I can't fix it! ;(
Wow! I would've LOVE finding those blackberries for $2!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon!
Not sure how my morning disappeared so quickly! I posted a layout but when I got ready to do that I realized I had not written down any of the credits list so had to do a search of my files since my mind only remembered the mail kit! #crazy-2

Feeling better today. No rain, no headache, no stomach ache.....however I have only eaten scrambled eggs today. I'm hungry again, so that may change later!

Worked on laundry yesterday and dishes and scrapping and puzzling. I need to do dishes again today (one problem of Mark being home, lol), scrapping and puzzling.

That's it for me! Have a great weekend!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Time just flies by. I was busy all day yesterday but not anything important, just one thing led to another and before you knew it, it was dinner time and then tv binging time (still watching final season of His Dark Material). Stayed up late in bed, watching the subtitled German tv series Woman of the Dead. Today I will get a few pages scrapped and take Remi to the dog park later this afternoon. I am going to make time to read my current digi book The Becoming by Nora Roberts.

I tried different batches of the ranch spiced cottage cheese crackers and the best were the oven baked, then broiled. They come out wafer thin. I had them crumbled over my salad and salmon patty for dinner.

@faerywings Can't wait to see pics of your party, that sounds like so much fun.

@LSlycord Glad one job should work out. I know what you mean, I don't ever count on anything until it actually happens.

@vickyday Sending Mark healthy vibes. Hope he feels better soon.

I'm going to hop in the shower and get on with my day. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I'll bet you girls didn't think I'd make it in here - you should know better. LOL It might be midnight, but I almost always make it in here.

Adrienne and I left about 11:30 this morning - don't ask me why so early, but we did. We ended up not getting home until about 5:30. We almost never know where we're going or what we're going to do, but today was fun and pretty fruitful. We stopped at our new Tropical Smoothie Cafe first off and had the best sandwich - a chicken pesto flatbread and a kale and apple slaw and a Pomegranate Plunge - can I say "addicted"????? I see many trips to this new place in our future. We had them in Florida, but this one just opened in our little middle of nowhere town.

Then, we went to this shop that specialized in special orders of ANYTHING that you want personalized. I decided to get Chuck a personalized picture for his desk - it's one of the pictures that Ava took of us last year. I think he'll love it. It's going to be put on a 5x7 slab of granite and will sit in it's own little holder. Very uniquel I was able to upload the picture I wanted to use right in the store and it will be ready before Valentine's Day. We don't normally buy each other anything, but he's been so awesome trying to help me get the new computer - which didn't work out - then backing me in getting the new monitor - he just tries to make me happy so often. Here's a picture of my new set up.

thumbnail---2023-02-04T205159.230.jpg

Anyhoo, I also found him two new fleece jackets at a new store in town. It's all men's clothes and it a locally owned store, which we love. He loved them and was so happy to get some new jackets.

I'm still getting the "hang" of using two monitors, but Ava got me all set up - bless her heart - and I love having my PSE and PSCC SO big!!!

I'll come do personals tomorrow - the evening is getting away from me and Chuck wants to go watch a couple of episodes of the new Hulu show we're watching "A Million Little Things". He has one of his new fleece jackets on and I think he wants to snuggle in it in front of the fireplace.

XOXO

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:angelwhistle:
Where oh where has the entire morning gone? Oh, where oh where can it beeeeeeee?

Cripes, I have to get a handle on wasting time. It's all I seem to do. I had my office and most of the downstairs neat and relatively clean. I don't know where that went.

I survived the frigid temps yesterday and am in awe that the people at the FP were there helping out. It's so incredible that they volunteer so much time and effort and in that awful weather too. They are such nice people. The one woman saw me coming and made sure to tell me that they had plant-based meat *and* cheese. We had the Impossible Burgers last night. I really like them. Never thought I would but they are good,. I also got Beyond Sausage, so I am going to make my mom's sausage and pepper recipe but use the fake sausage instead. Oooh, I should get long rolls and make them into sandwiches and throw some mozzarella on them to make it "parm." Tom has fake mozzarella ( I could never be vegan. No mozz?? Never! ) so even he can eat that. *G*

The rest of the day was - not even sure what. I printed out some French art to hang up and made the name tags. Mine says "Ja m'appelle Simone de Boudoir" :rotfl:
What else did I do? I scrapped a little. That was about it. Today I am going to clean the LR- if I can get Gary to move. He moved his computer downstairs when Scott and Sam were isolating upstairs. He hooks it up to the TV as the monitor and never leaves the sofa. Good thing he is cute :heartpumplove:

Love to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord You must be having a great time with the kids together for the weekend. I know you are going to be bummed later today so here is a big :hug2: . The dinner Friday night sounds delicious and I am sure that last night's was as well. I gotta say, any bakery called Crumble Cookie has to be good.
I'm sorry that the other job fell through but I am hopeful that this other one will work out. I know that happened with my brother when he was laid off. He had worked for Verizon his entire career and was let go after 30+ years. No one wanted to hire him because his past salary range was so high. He did get a job last year and seems satisfied there. I hope that for you too.

@BrightEyes nooooooo! The changes in temps and pressure make my arthritis hurt too. What stinky lotion do you use? I use Voltaren gel and it doesn't smell too bad. Feel better with all of the crazy weather changes.
I adore that coffee emoji, such sass in her step :D I am not big on flavored coffee but my weakness is that I must have half and half. I will drink coffee with mild, but I won't enjoy it

@Su_Sanne You have such good energy and optimism. I try to have that but there are days that it feels impossible. I hope that you were able to finish the layout of your dogs. I haven't scrapped a page with my dogs in a while, I should do that soon. My dogs are named Jaida and Whisky, they are both rescues.

@vickyday you are lucky that you didn't have a lot of wind, it was awful up here. We have a lot of branches down in the backyard but no way am I going out there to pick them up. Even so, 26* must be frigid for you too. Summer, where are you???
Wow, Mark must have felt awful. Please tell him I hope he is better by now. I am happy that you are doing better, -- did it stay that way?
The blackberries were the bigger 10 oz container too. I got two of them for the same price I would have paid for the 6 oz container in ShopRite. Cait said they tasted really good too. I don't eat berries, I have a weird "texture" thing and the seeds bother me. :(

@bcgal00 you know that is who my days go to, busty all day doing nothing.:multitasking:
The cottage cheese crisps sound really interesting, you use them as a topping?

@Cherylndesigns Hahaha, yes you made it! That sandwich sounds incredible. I love grilled chicken paninis and the kale/apple slaw sounds super yummy too. And healthy. I am at the part of winter where I am still in craving-carbs mode, but at the same time, I want healthy food. Carbs are winning, but in another month or so, it will be easier to resist. (I hope.)
Chuck is going to love the photo, is it framed on the granite or etched? He is a keeper ♥
PS: Love the computer setup and your mouse pad. My monitors are set opposite of yours, my main one is center, the 2nd is to the left. But your monitor is nice and wide! Love how you can see so much on it!

You know it is a weekend, poor Trudy is nowhere to be found. :giggle4:

LSlycord

Good morning ladies! It's gray but warm (59°) and supposed to get to 74° today and we have 70's and 80's all week. I think that it might be a good week for a drive down to Merritt Island. Spent most of the day cooking and we enjoyed dinner. Now, there are leftovers for today.

I'm not sure when Syd is going back to school. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I think that everything starts to heat up this week and by next week, it will be really busy. So it's been nice having some extra time with her. Her birthday lands in the middle of the week (March 1) so we will probably drive down and take her to dinner.

Shaun has almost decided to try Masters Swimming. The drive is 30 minutes one way which has him complaining...but his best friend from back home will be down to Florida for National Masters Swimming in August and he wants Shaun to do it with him. Will has already qualified (he is a college swimmer) and Shaun could probably make cut times without being in shape. It would sure help his mood so I hope that he will do it.

Going to grab some coffee and then I'll be back for personals. #coffee-4

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a terrible night... was up and down all night long with pain in the left shoulder/arm. Finally gave up at 3:45AM and got up. Beginning to think I may have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder! I had a frozen shoulder with it about 18 years ago. About 4 years ago, it was giving me fits again and had leakage into a cyst that formed in the upper part of the arm. When I rubbed the 'stinky' meds on that arm yesterday, I realized that the cyst was larger than it was last week. Plus it hurts to move the arm. I am do some gentle stretching with it to keep it mobile. Can't think of what I might have done with that arm to injure it except for pulling the sheet/comforter up with it when I made the bed. I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder about 8 years ago... and this pain reminds me of that. I am going to baby the arm and hope it gets better in a few days. If not, will have to let the PC doc know about it. No point in going to Urgent Care as all they would do is an X-ray then tell me to see my PC doc for a referral.

@faerywings I had tried using Voltaren gel to begin with but it didn't do much at all. My DH had ordered several bottles of North Star Soothanol X2 and he swore by it. It was expensive. Can't find it anymore. I agree that it usually helps relieve the deep muscle aches. It did help on the right shoulder and neck but not as much on the left shoulder. Only have about half a bottle left but it goes a long way. Glad that FP was open and you got a bunch of stuff. Hope the weather is warming up soon. Too bad about all the tree limbs blown down. Best wait until the weather is warmer and calmer before trying to clear them.

@LSlycord Glad you got the time with Syd this weekend. Good luck to Shaun on trying for the Masters Swim. Hope that motivates him and lifts his spirits.

Will try to get back for more personals when the arm is feeling better.

Su_Sanne

@LSlycord You must be having a great time with the kids together for the weekend. I know you are going to be bummed later today so here is a big :hug2: . The dinner Friday night sounds delicious and I am sure that last night's was as well. I gotta say, any bakery called Crumble Cookie has to be good.
I'm sorry that the other job fell through but I am hopeful that this other one will work out. I know that happened with my brother when he was laid off. He had worked for Verizon his entire career and was let go after 30+ years. No one wanted to hire him because his past salary range was so high. He did get a job last year and seems satisfied there. I hope that for you too.

@BrightEyes nooooooo! The changes in temps and pressure make my arthritis hurt too. What stinky lotion do you use? I use Voltaren gel and it doesn't smell too bad. Feel better with all of the crazy weather changes.
I adore that coffee emoji, such sass in her step :D I am not big on flavored coffee but my weakness is that I must have half and half. I will drink coffee with mild, but I won't enjoy it

@Su_Sanne You have such good energy and optimism. I try to have that but there are days that it feels impossible. I hope that you were able to finish the layout of your dogs. I haven't scrapped a page with my dogs in a while, I should do that soon. My dogs are named Jaida and Whisky, they are both rescues.

@vickyday you are lucky that you didn't have a lot of wind, it was awful up here. We have a lot of branches down in the backyard but no way am I going out there to pick them up. Even so, 26* must be frigid for you too. Summer, where are you???
Wow, Mark must have felt awful. Please tell him I hope he is better by now. I am happy that you are doing better, -- did it stay that way?
The blackberries were the bigger 10 oz container too. I got two of them for the same price I would have paid for the 6 oz container in ShopRite. Cait said they tasted really good too. I don't eat berries, I have a weird "texture" thing and the seeds bother me. :(

@bcgal00 you know that is who my days go to, busty all day doing nothing.:multitasking:

@Cherylndesigns Hahaha, yes you made it! That sandwich sounds incredible. I love grilled chicken paninis and the kale/apple slaw sounds super yummy too. And healthy. I am at the part of winter where I am still in craving-carbs mode, but at the same time, I want healthy food. Carbs are winning, but in another month or so, it will be easier to resist. (I hope.)
Chuck is going to love the photo, is it framed on the granite or etched? He is a keeper ♥
PS: Love the computer setup and your mouse pad. My monitors are set opposite of yours, my main one is center, the 2nd is to the left. But your monitor is nice and wide! Love how you can see so much on it!

Hey, Chris. if you like, look at the gallery and you'll find two new layouts :cool:. I was busy! Always keep your head up, even if it's not easy. There are good days and bad days - for all of us. Come to my age, then you will become calmer and more relaxed. Big hugs for you! And give your dogs a cuddle from me. :peace2:

LSlycord

@faerywings I know what you mean about the time just escaping. Anytime grocery stores are involved, my whole day is shot. Thanks for the encouragement on the job. I am trying to not get frustrated or discouraged...but somedays are better than others. I need to give all of you :grouphugyay: because I think I would have struggled this last year without you.

@BrightEyes I am so sorry that your shoulder is giving you so much pain! It sounds like you have a lot of experience with shoulder pain so I'm sure your plan is on point. I sure hope that surgery won't be required.

@Su_Sanne good morning...although I guess it isn't morning for you! I just checked out the layouts. They are quite lovely and I love what you did for your first challenge.

@vickyday I need to try the bacon on the asparagus. Prosciutto is too expensive unless it is a special occasion. And I was able to get 3 pounds of bacon yesterday for the price of 2, so that's pretty exciting. Sorry that Mark has been sick...I sure hope he is feeling better today. And that your stomach and headache are both behaving as well.

@bcgal00 I saw some of your FB pictures and it still looks pretty snowy there! But, since that keeps Remi happy, I'm sure you are willing to tolerate it a bit longer. Does Jen go back to work this week? Is this the final week?

@Cherylndesigns the new monitor set up looks pretty great. It does take a little to get used to it but think that you will love it! Oh, won't you guys love having a Tropical Smoothie in town? It's funny where those things pop up! And the photo sounds very sweet.

Ok...I hear Sydney so I guess I'll see what her plans are for the day. Because we all know those will be my plans as well. :floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning all.

Chris @faerywings I knew your eyes would spot my mouse pad. :giggle4: Asher picked it out for me. He said it looked like me - that's the way I wear my hair. Only you and I would find the humor in the sugar skull Cheryl. :lol23: So, yours are in reverse? I'm thinking I might reverse mine - I feel a little like a one-armed paper hanger - maybe that's why. That's the reason I posted the picture - to get feedback. Yes, the picture I got him is on some kind of stone - sort of etched on. I said granite last night, but it's not quite that heavy. It's only a 5x7 so it won't take up much room on his desk. Adrienne got Roger one with multiple pictures of all the kids but I liked the single picture.

Linda @LSlycord hope you all had a wonderful weekend. They go so fast, don't they? Yes, it's strange where the Tropical Smoothie Cafes pop up. Who knew we'd get one? I want to go back today. LOL I see now why the kids go there almost every day. They all work out at the gym, so they get all of those supplements put in theirs. I couldn't believe how many different supplements they had. Yes, having two monitors is definitely different. I've had trouble getting them to "recognize" each other both mornings. Ava came over again yesterday and showed me how to do it, but I couldn't remember today. She took screenshots for me and I finally figured it out. It will get easier.

Kay @BrightEyes I hope you're going to be able to get into your dr tomorrow. That doesn't sound good. Those old injuries come back to haunt us, unfortunately. Let us know how you get along today and take it easy. Our weather seems to have moved on through here - it was almost 50 yesterday. Good riddance, I say.

Hello to Susanne @Su_Sanne it's good to see you here again. Hugs to all and I'll try to pop in later, if not I'll see everybody tomorrow.

XOXO

Su_Sanne

Good morning all.

Chris @faerywings I knew your eyes would spot my mouse pad. :giggle4: Asher picked it out for me. He said it looked like me - that's the way I wear my hair. Only you and I would find the humor in the sugar skull Cheryl. :lol23: So, yours are in reverse? I'm thinking I might reverse mine - I feel a little like a one-armed paper hanger - maybe that's why. That's the reason I posted the picture - to get feedback. Yes, the picture I got him is on some kind of stone - sort of etched on. I said granite last night, but it's not quite that heavy. It's only a 5x7 so it won't take up much room on his desk. Adrienne got Roger one with multiple pictures of all the kids but I liked the single picture.

Linda @LSlycord hope you all had a wonderful weekend. They go so fast, don't they? Yes, it's strange where the Tropical Smoothie Cafes pop up. Who knew we'd get one? I want to go back today. LOL I see now why the kids go there almost every day. They all work out at the gym, so they get all of those supplements put in theirs. I couldn't believe how many different supplements they had. Yes, having two monitors is definitely different. I've had trouble getting them to "recognize" each other both mornings. Ava came over again yesterday and showed me how to do it, but I couldn't remember today. She took screenshots for me and I finally figured it out. It will get easier.

Kay @BrightEyes I hope you're going to be able to get into your dr tomorrow. That doesn't sound good. Those old injuries come back to haunt us, unfortunately. Let us know how you get along today and take it easy. Our weather seems to have moved on through here - it was almost 50 yesterday. Good riddance, I say.

Hello to Susanne @Su_Sanne it's good to see you here again. Hugs to all and I'll try to pop in later, if not I'll see everybody tomorrow.

XOXO
Hey Cheryl, I think "I'll try to pop in later" will one of my favourite phrases to remember. Love it! :rotfl:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday everyone!! Surprise!! I am actually here on a Sunday! DH was awake very early and went back to bed for a nap, so I have some time before we going with our busy day. Today we are helping SIL Linda out again, she has a new wall hanging that she wants put above her bed and wants her new dryer door reversed, its opening the wrong way for her and its driving her crazy :giggle4:. I will take the painting that I did for her boyfriend, so he can pay me. I know that many of you saw it on facebook, but here is a closer look at it. unnamed-1.jpg
The Beach is a fav place for him and now for SIL Linda also. So that is why they wanted the plaque on it. The saying on the log is what a very good friend used to say all the time, this friend died of cancer a few years back. The white feather is special because so many times when he would think of his friend at this beach, he would find a white feather. Landscape paintings are not really my forte, but I was pleased with the way this one turned out. Now on to the next project, which will be a painting that my grandson Hunter wants me to do. A painting of Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog :holysheep:the things I do for my grandkids :giggle4::giggle4:.
I need to do some cleaning and get some laundry done this morning. So probably no attempt at scrapping today. Maybe tomorrow?? Who knows#dk.

@faerywings - Glad you survived your frozen temps!! Sure hope you can get your Gary to move his computer back upstairs! Yesterday we went to Best Buy and got my Gary a new laptop, seems his old one could not be fixed, there was too much moisture damage to the Mother Board. Guess when you spill a full glass of Red Wine all over the keyboard, that seems to do a lot of damage. That happened quite awhile ago and ever since he could not use the laptop without it being plugged in. I was not amused #angry2 that we had to spend more $$ to get another one. But very glad that it was not me that spilled the wine in the first place LOL. So he picked out a new ChromeBook and is very happy with it. No more liquid anything around the new laptop!! Sounds like you are getting all ready for your Murder Mystery Party! It will be so much fun for all of you!

@LSlycord - Enjoy your time with Syd today, hope she keeps you busy with fun things to do today! I am happy that you and her both love the turtle painting, hopefully she finds a nice place for it in her new digs! Sure hope that Shaun does the swimming thing, it will be so good for him to be with his friend again!

@BrightEyes - Ohhh I am so sorry that you are in pain with your shoulder and that you had such a bad sleep last night! I hope that you can get some relief for your shoulder!

@Su_Sanne - I will have to pop into your gallery to take a look at your new pages! I bet they are beautiful!

@Cherylndesigns - I am sad that you ended up taking your Mac back to the store, but hey if it just frustrates you than I totally get that! I spotted your mouse pad too and thought ... Oh ya that is perfect for her! Hope you like having two monitors, I love it! I usually have my current calendar page that I made on my second one and then use it to look at my scrapping supplies with bridge while I am working on a layout. So nice to have two big screens!

@bcgal00 - Isn't it amazing how the day goes by so quickly! I have never attempted to make crackers, but might have to give it a go. Seems some days that is all I do is bake Keto stuff LOL . Oh well it is worth it as DH and I feel so much better for it! Hope you are not too cold in your area! It has warmed up quite a bit here nice not to be freezing anymore! Enjoy your walk with your dogs today if that is what you are doing.

Ok DH is back up and requested bacon and eggs for brunch, I am all for that! Then we will be having a busy rest of the day. Talk to everyone tomorrow! :waving1

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Happy Sunday everyone!! Surprise!! I am actually here on a Sunday! DH was awake very early and went back to bed for a nap, so I have some time before we going with our busy day. Today we are helping SIL Linda out again, she has a new wall hanging that she wants put above her bed and wants her new dryer door reversed, its opening the wrong way for her and its driving her crazy :giggle4:. I will take the painting that I did for her boyfriend, so he can pay me. I know that many of you saw it on facebook, but here is a closer look at it. View attachment 389146
The Beach is a fav place for him and now for SIL Linda also. So that is why they wanted the plaque on it. The saying on the log is what a very good friend used to say all the time, this friend died of cancer a few years back. The white feather is special because so many times when he would think of his friend at this beach, he would find a white feather. Landscape paintings are not really my forte, but I was pleased with the way this one turned out. Now on to the next project, which will be a painting that my grandson Hunter wants me to do. A painting of Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog :holysheep:the things I do for my grandkids :giggle4::giggle4:.
I need to do some cleaning and get some laundry done this morning. So probably no attempt at scrapping today. Maybe tomorrow?? Who knows#dk.

@faerywings - Glad you survived your frozen temps!! Sure hope you can get your Gary to move his computer back upstairs! Yesterday we went to Best Buy and got my Gary a new laptop, seems his old one could not be fixed, there was too much moisture damage to the Mother Board. Guess when you spill a full glass of Red Wine all over the keyboard, that seems to do a lot of damage. That happened quite awhile ago and ever since he could not use the laptop without it being plugged in. I was not amused #angry2 that we had to spend more $$ to get another one. But very glad that it was not me that spilled the wine in the first place LOL. So he picked out a new ChromeBook and is very happy with it. No more liquid anything around the new laptop!! Sounds like you are getting all ready for your Murder Mystery Party! It will be so much fun for all of you!

@LSlycord - Enjoy your time with Syd today, hope she keeps you busy with fun things to do today! I am happy that you and her both love the turtle painting, hopefully she finds a nice place for it in her new digs! Sure hope that Shaun does the swimming thing, it will be so good for him to be with his friend again!

@BrightEyes - Ohhh I am so sorry that you are in pain with your shoulder and that you had such a bad sleep last night! I hope that you can get some relief for your shoulder!

@Su_Sanne - I will have to pop into your gallery to take a look at your new pages! I bet they are beautiful!

@Cherylndesigns - I am sad that you ended up taking your Mac back to the store, but hey if it just frustrates you than I totally get that! I spotted your mouse pad too and thought ... Oh ya that is perfect for her! Hope you like having two monitors, I love it! I usually have my current calendar page that I made on my second one and then use it to look at my scrapping supplies with bridge while I am working on a layout. So nice to have two big screens!

@bcgal00 - Isn't it amazing how the day goes by so quickly! I have never attempted to make crackers, but might have to give it a go. Seems some days that is all I do is bake Keto stuff LOL . Oh well it is worth it as DH and I feel so much better for it! Hope you are not too cold in your area! It has warmed up quite a bit here nice not to be freezing anymore! Enjoy your walk with your dogs today if that is what you are doing.

Ok DH is back up and requested bacon and eggs for brunch, I am all for that! Then we will be having a busy rest of the day. Talk to everyone tomorrow! :waving1
Morning, Trudy! I saw that fabulous art piece on FB last night!! You're SO talented and I know they'll love it! That's a perfect beach vibe and I love the phrase you put on it!

Lol that you saw my mousepad too. Isn't it a hoot? Yes, I gave up the ghost on the Mac - too much frustration for me at this stage of the game. I'm happy with my two monitors and know that as I get more adjusted to them, it will make my life so much easier. I already don't know how I created my PS and PSE pages on that small screen.! The big one is so much easier on my eyes.

Yes, a whole glass of wine spilled on a laptop keyboard would NOT be a good thing - I'm not surprised you had to replace it. DH did that to one of my first laptops and I put a ban on open containers after that. (I DO cheat with my wine glasses, though) - who wants to drink wine out of a water bottle with a long straw??? I must have my stemmed glasses. DH just ordered some new ones and he asked me if I wanted stemless - I just looked at him and he said, I guess not. :lol23:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Finished off His Dark Materials last night. I think tonight we'll catch up on the L&O and FBI shows. Bacon and eggs for dinner tonight. I love thick slice bacon but only try to have it a few times a week. I might make cheddar/parm crackers later. I need to find my the kitchen scoring tool which makes the cutting easier. Later I'll take the dogs to the park and maybe scrapping later.

@Cherylndesigns Glad you are enjoying your double monitors. The granite photo slab sounds like a great gift. I'm sure he'll love it.

@faerywings Enjoy the Beyond products. I liked them when I was vegan. I never could get a taste for the fake cheese. I tried many different brands and in different dishes but never liked any of them. The cottage cheese crisps are good by themselves but I like a few mixed in with my salad and overtop of a salmon patty. My D's butt is glued to his LR lazyboy couch in the LR too. He watches HGTV and other home improvement channels or movies on the android box while also watching videos on ipad. It's all too noisy for me. I hang out on the 3rd floor where its quiet. That's where my office area is.

@LSlycord Enjoy the time with Syd before she goes back. Hope Shaun decides to do the swimming. Jen isn't going back to work. The owner didn't message her with any hours this week so she is happy to walk away from it. She will look into the lab tech training to see if that might be a good option for her.

@BrightEyes Sorry to hear of your pain. I hope you haven't torn anything.

@taxed4ever The painting is beautiful and the significance of the feather is so touching.

Remi is staring at me, nudging me, telling me its time to go feed the birds and play outside. HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Well, I'll bet you girls didn't think I'd make it in here - you should know better. LOL It might be midnight, but I almost always make it in here.

Adrienne and I left about 11:30 this morning - don't ask me why so early, but we did. We ended up not getting home until about 5:30. We almost never know where we're going or what we're going to do, but today was fun and pretty fruitful. We stopped at our new Tropical Smoothie Cafe first off and had the best sandwich - a chicken pesto flatbread and a kale and apple slaw and a Pomegranate Plunge - can I say "addicted"????? I see many trips to this new place in our future. We had them in Florida, but this one just opened in our little middle of nowhere town.

Then, we went to this shop that specialized in special orders of ANYTHING that you want personalized. I decided to get Chuck a personalized picture for his desk - it's one of the pictures that Ava took of us last year. I think he'll love it. It's going to be put on a 5x7 slab of granite and will sit in it's own little holder. Very uniquel I was able to upload the picture I wanted to use right in the store and it will be ready before Valentine's Day. We don't normally buy each other anything, but he's been so awesome trying to help me get the new computer - which didn't work out - then backing me in getting the new monitor - he just tries to make me happy so often. Here's a picture of my new set up.

View attachment 389117

Anyhoo, I also found him two new fleece jackets at a new store in town. It's all men's clothes and it a locally owned store, which we love. He loved them and was so happy to get some new jackets.

I'm still getting the "hang" of using two monitors, but Ava got me all set up - bless her heart - and I love having my PSE and PSCC SO big!!!

I'll come do personals tomorrow - the evening is getting away from me and Chuck wants to go watch a couple of episodes of the new Hulu show we're watching "A Million Little Things". He has one of his new fleece jackets on and I think he wants to snuggle in it in front of the fireplace.

XOXO
There is a Tropical Smoothie Cafe about 20 minutes from here. Now I'm going to have to try it out! Take my BFFs with me! Sounds delicious!
Glad you have your laptop and new monitor set up!
Love the gift you are giving your DH!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:angelwhistle:
Where oh where has the entire morning gone? Oh, where oh where can it beeeeeeee?

Cripes, I have to get a handle on wasting time. It's all I seem to do. I had my office and most of the downstairs neat and relatively clean. I don't know where that went.

I survived the frigid temps yesterday and am in awe that the people at the FP were there helping out. It's so incredible that they volunteer so much time and effort and in that awful weather too. They are such nice people. The one woman saw me coming and made sure to tell me that they had plant-based meat *and* cheese. We had the Impossible Burgers last night. I really like them. Never thought I would but they are good,. I also got Beyond Sausage, so I am going to make my mom's sausage and pepper recipe but use the fake sausage instead. Oooh, I should get long rolls and make them into sandwiches and throw some mozzarella on them to make it "parm." Tom has fake mozzarella ( I could never be vegan. No mozz?? Never! ) so even he can eat that. *G*

The rest of the day was - not even sure what. I printed out some French art to hang up and made the name tags. Mine says "Ja m'appelle Simone de Boudoir" :rotfl:
What else did I do? I scrapped a little. That was about it. Today I am going to clean the LR- if I can get Gary to move. He moved his computer downstairs when Scott and Sam were isolating upstairs. He hooks it up to the TV as the monitor and never leaves the sofa. Good thing he is cute :heartpumplove:

Love to you all!
Thanks for the song, Chris!
Funny you should mention Gary having his computer hooked up to the computer monitor! I was just thinking how I need to do that because the monitor is so nice a big! I'll have to get Mark to show me how!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Well, I did wake up with another headache today. Mark is still not feeling great, so we both stayed home from church today. I didn't get out of bed until noon. Feeling some better, but not great. It is 2 and I haven't eaten yet since my stomach isn't up to it yet. It is starting to make some grumbling, however, so hopefully soon!
Mark doesn't like applesauce because of the texture thing. I can't think of anything I have a texture problem with. Maybe pears, now that I think of the grit, lol!

Su_Sanne

Well, I did wake up with another headache today. Mark is still not feeling great, so we both stayed home from church today. I didn't get out of bed until noon. Feeling some better, but not great. It is 2 and I haven't eaten yet since my stomach isn't up to it yet. It is starting to make some grumbling, however, so hopefully soon!
Mark doesn't like applesauce because of the texture thing. I can't think of anything I have a texture problem with. Maybe pears, now that I think of the grit, lol!
Hope you're feeling better soon! :heartpumpred:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
What a terrible night... was up and down all night long with pain in the left shoulder/arm. Finally gave up at 3:45AM and got up. Beginning to think I may have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder! I had a frozen shoulder with it about 18 years ago. About 4 years ago, it was giving me fits again and had leakage into a cyst that formed in the upper part of the arm. When I rubbed the 'stinky' meds on that arm yesterday, I realized that the cyst was larger than it was last week. Plus it hurts to move the arm. I am do some gentle stretching with it to keep it mobile. Can't think of what I might have done with that arm to injure it except for pulling the sheet/comforter up with it when I made the bed. I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff on my right shoulder about 8 years ago... and this pain reminds me of that. I am going to baby the arm and hope it gets better in a few days. If not, will have to let the PC doc know about it. No point in going to Urgent Care as all they would do is an X-ray then tell me to see my PC doc for a referral.

@faerywings I had tried using Voltaren gel to begin with but it didn't do much at all. My DH had ordered several bottles of North Star Soothanol X2 and he swore by it. It was expensive. Can't find it anymore. I agree that it usually helps relieve the deep muscle aches. It did help on the right shoulder and neck but not as much on the left shoulder. Only have about half a bottle left but it goes a long way. Glad that FP was open and you got a bunch of stuff. Hope the weather is warming up soon. Too bad about all the tree limbs blown down. Best wait until the weather is warmer and calmer before trying to clear them.

@LSlycord Glad you got the time with Syd this weekend. Good luck to Shaun on trying for the Masters Swim. Hope that motivates him and lifts his spirits.

Will try to get back for more personals when the arm is feeling better.
Sorry your arm is bothering you! I hope it gets better as you baby it and that it is NOT the rotator cuff!