Oscraps

Daily Ooos: February 4-5: Weekend Edition

Su_Sanne

Happy Sunday everyone!! Surprise!! I am actually here on a Sunday! DH was awake very early and went back to bed for a nap, so I have some time before we going with our busy day. Today we are helping SIL Linda out again, she has a new wall hanging that she wants put above her bed and wants her new dryer door reversed, its opening the wrong way for her and its driving her crazy :giggle4:. I will take the painting that I did for her boyfriend, so he can pay me. I know that many of you saw it on facebook, but here is a closer look at it. View attachment 389146
The Beach is a fav place for him and now for SIL Linda also. So that is why they wanted the plaque on it. The saying on the log is what a very good friend used to say all the time, this friend died of cancer a few years back. The white feather is special because so many times when he would think of his friend at this beach, he would find a white feather. Landscape paintings are not really my forte, but I was pleased with the way this one turned out. Now on to the next project, which will be a painting that my grandson Hunter wants me to do. A painting of Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog :holysheep:the things I do for my grandkids :giggle4::giggle4:.
I need to do some cleaning and get some laundry done this morning. So probably no attempt at scrapping today. Maybe tomorrow?? Who knows#dk.

@faerywings - Glad you survived your frozen temps!! Sure hope you can get your Gary to move his computer back upstairs! Yesterday we went to Best Buy and got my Gary a new laptop, seems his old one could not be fixed, there was too much moisture damage to the Mother Board. Guess when you spill a full glass of Red Wine all over the keyboard, that seems to do a lot of damage. That happened quite awhile ago and ever since he could not use the laptop without it being plugged in. I was not amused #angry2 that we had to spend more $$ to get another one. But very glad that it was not me that spilled the wine in the first place LOL. So he picked out a new ChromeBook and is very happy with it. No more liquid anything around the new laptop!! Sounds like you are getting all ready for your Murder Mystery Party! It will be so much fun for all of you!

@LSlycord - Enjoy your time with Syd today, hope she keeps you busy with fun things to do today! I am happy that you and her both love the turtle painting, hopefully she finds a nice place for it in her new digs! Sure hope that Shaun does the swimming thing, it will be so good for him to be with his friend again!

@BrightEyes - Ohhh I am so sorry that you are in pain with your shoulder and that you had such a bad sleep last night! I hope that you can get some relief for your shoulder!

@Su_Sanne - I will have to pop into your gallery to take a look at your new pages! I bet they are beautiful!

@Cherylndesigns - I am sad that you ended up taking your Mac back to the store, but hey if it just frustrates you than I totally get that! I spotted your mouse pad too and thought ... Oh ya that is perfect for her! Hope you like having two monitors, I love it! I usually have my current calendar page that I made on my second one and then use it to look at my scrapping supplies with bridge while I am working on a layout. So nice to have two big screens!

@bcgal00 - Isn't it amazing how the day goes by so quickly! I have never attempted to make crackers, but might have to give it a go. Seems some days that is all I do is bake Keto stuff LOL . Oh well it is worth it as DH and I feel so much better for it! Hope you are not too cold in your area! It has warmed up quite a bit here nice not to be freezing anymore! Enjoy your walk with your dogs today if that is what you are doing.

Ok DH is back up and requested bacon and eggs for brunch, I am all for that! Then we will be having a busy rest of the day. Talk to everyone tomorrow! :waving1
Don't worry about cleaning the house or doing the laundry as long as you live in a place like this. :cool:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@faerywings I know what you mean about the time just escaping. Anytime grocery stores are involved, my whole day is shot. Thanks for the encouragement on the job. I am trying to not get frustrated or discouraged...but somedays are better than others. I need to give all of you :grouphugyay: because I think I would have struggled this last year without you.

@BrightEyes I am so sorry that your shoulder is giving you so much pain! It sounds like you have a lot of experience with shoulder pain so I'm sure your plan is on point. I sure hope that surgery won't be required.

@Su_Sanne good morning...although I guess it isn't morning for you! I just checked out the layouts. They are quite lovely and I love what you did for your first challenge.

@vickyday I need to try the bacon on the asparagus. Prosciutto is too expensive unless it is a special occasion. And I was able to get 3 pounds of bacon yesterday for the price of 2, so that's pretty exciting. Sorry that Mark has been sick...I sure hope he is feeling better today. And that your stomach and headache are both behaving as well.

@bcgal00 I saw some of your FB pictures and it still looks pretty snowy there! But, since that keeps Remi happy, I'm sure you are willing to tolerate it a bit longer. Does Jen go back to work this week? Is this the final week?

@Cherylndesigns the new monitor set up looks pretty great. It does take a little to get used to it but think that you will love it! Oh, won't you guys love having a Tropical Smoothie in town? It's funny where those things pop up! And the photo sounds very sweet.

Ok...I hear Sydney so I guess I'll see what her plans are for the day. Because we all know those will be my plans as well. :floorlaugh:
I did not try the bacon-wrapped asparagus because my stomach was not up to it. Sure smelled good!
Have a great day with Sydney!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday everyone!! Surprise!! I am actually here on a Sunday! DH was awake very early and went back to bed for a nap, so I have some time before we going with our busy day. Today we are helping SIL Linda out again, she has a new wall hanging that she wants put above her bed and wants her new dryer door reversed, its opening the wrong way for her and its driving her crazy :giggle4:. I will take the painting that I did for her boyfriend, so he can pay me. I know that many of you saw it on facebook, but here is a closer look at it. View attachment 389146
The Beach is a fav place for him and now for SIL Linda also. So that is why they wanted the plaque on it. The saying on the log is what a very good friend used to say all the time, this friend died of cancer a few years back. The white feather is special because so many times when he would think of his friend at this beach, he would find a white feather. Landscape paintings are not really my forte, but I was pleased with the way this one turned out. Now on to the next project, which will be a painting that my grandson Hunter wants me to do. A painting of Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog :holysheep:the things I do for my grandkids :giggle4::giggle4:.
I need to do some cleaning and get some laundry done this morning. So probably no attempt at scrapping today. Maybe tomorrow?? Who knows#dk.

@faerywings - Glad you survived your frozen temps!! Sure hope you can get your Gary to move his computer back upstairs! Yesterday we went to Best Buy and got my Gary a new laptop, seems his old one could not be fixed, there was too much moisture damage to the Mother Board. Guess when you spill a full glass of Red Wine all over the keyboard, that seems to do a lot of damage. That happened quite awhile ago and ever since he could not use the laptop without it being plugged in. I was not amused #angry2 that we had to spend more $$ to get another one. But very glad that it was not me that spilled the wine in the first place LOL. So he picked out a new ChromeBook and is very happy with it. No more liquid anything around the new laptop!! Sounds like you are getting all ready for your Murder Mystery Party! It will be so much fun for all of you!

@LSlycord - Enjoy your time with Syd today, hope she keeps you busy with fun things to do today! I am happy that you and her both love the turtle painting, hopefully she finds a nice place for it in her new digs! Sure hope that Shaun does the swimming thing, it will be so good for him to be with his friend again!

@BrightEyes - Ohhh I am so sorry that you are in pain with your shoulder and that you had such a bad sleep last night! I hope that you can get some relief for your shoulder!

@Su_Sanne - I will have to pop into your gallery to take a look at your new pages! I bet they are beautiful!

@Cherylndesigns - I am sad that you ended up taking your Mac back to the store, but hey if it just frustrates you than I totally get that! I spotted your mouse pad too and thought ... Oh ya that is perfect for her! Hope you like having two monitors, I love it! I usually have my current calendar page that I made on my second one and then use it to look at my scrapping supplies with bridge while I am working on a layout. So nice to have two big screens!

@bcgal00 - Isn't it amazing how the day goes by so quickly! I have never attempted to make crackers, but might have to give it a go. Seems some days that is all I do is bake Keto stuff LOL . Oh well it is worth it as DH and I feel so much better for it! Hope you are not too cold in your area! It has warmed up quite a bit here nice not to be freezing anymore! Enjoy your walk with your dogs today if that is what you are doing.

Ok DH is back up and requested bacon and eggs for brunch, I am all for that! Then we will be having a busy rest of the day. Talk to everyone tomorrow! :waving1
The beach scene is just BEAUTIFUL, Trudy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,
TV and some scrapping is on the agenda today. Both of us missed church this morning. Mark is better, but not great. I hope he takes tomorrow off work so he can continue to heal. My headache came back today along with stomach issues.....darn IBS!
Have a great day!

Nonni F

Holy moly coldy
:holysheep:
It is almost 8 am and it has "warmed" up to -3*F. The wind has calmed down, it was awful last night. At least I don't live in Mt Washington, NH. Did you see that they had -108* wind chill???? Gary was talking to Scott about it as if it was the actual temperature, I had to butt in (naturally *G*) to say it was the wind chill. Then we all agreed that once it is that cold, it does not make a darn difference in what type of temp it is.
At least the sun is out so it doesn't look as cold as it is. Thankful for small favors.:)

I was able to run my errands early and was back home before noon. I finally finished the LO I was doing for the Heritage Challenge. I actually ended up doing two LOs- two twists on basically the same page. Did some puzzling with Gary and remembered to squeeze in yoga. I haven't missed a day since I started. I still feel like I am running around without a clue about what I am supposed to be doing. Can anyone relate?

I am going to the FP this morning, I am taking Caitlyn's car since she has heated seats. I hope it is open and not busy. I feel for the volunteers :(
After that, I have to -- must- get m,y act together for the party. I need to print out some French artwork to hang on the walls and make some name tags/place cards. I am also going to need to review all of the info I need to share as the hostess. My costume is to wear either a plain long dress or a suit. Since I have neither, I am going to borrow one of Caitlyn's work blazers, with a black turtleneck and black pants. Maybe I will wear a scarf? I'll let my hair go curly and wear it in a bun. Dark lips and nails. That should work, right?

Have a fabulous day and stay warm if you are in the middle of this weather pattern
:heartpumplove:
We were minus 17 when I got up yesterday morning. I have to say that's the coldest I remember it in a very long time. I made sure on Friday on my way home from work I did anything/everything that needed to be done for the weekend so I did NOT need to step outside. I didn't even open the door to the porch to move a flag that was freaking the cat out... told she would have to deal till the temp went up. Typical NH, today it was 44.