Oscraps

Daily Ooos: August 17-18: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's the weekend! I am taking my morning nice and slow today. I have nowhere to go and the weather is crummy so no point in working outside. I might as well take advantage of that. (But... will I? Check back tomorrow and see!)

Yesterday was a great visit with my BFF. I showed her the photo I pinned for the MoB hairstyle and she approved. :D
1723898325946.png
I'll keep looking but I think this is the direction I want to go in.
She said something to me that made my stomach do quite a few flips. We hugged goodbye and she said that the next time we see each other would be at the wedding. *GULP*
That made it feel really soon. Which I guess it is.

I need to get going on writing our speech. She asked us to do a speech/toast and I have been ignoring it. I better get myself together. I don't know what I want to say (probably because I've been ignoring it).
Any ideas to get me started???

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Hope that you slept better and later last night than the night before.
I am chuckling that you had to go back into the craft room to put some of the stuff into bins. I would have done the same thing. I would *have to* clear some space or it makes me kooky.
First one to check in, second one called. Back in the car by 7:21. The man who waited on me was very pleasant. Thank You, Lord!
That has to be a DMV record! When I took Scott for his DL test/license were there for over 4 hours. I had to leave the building at one point because it was so crowded and over capacity for fire safety. Glad that it's done for you for 5 more years!

Morning all! It is overcast but I can see patches of blue heading our way. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny and warm one, but man oh man we sure could use some rain!! Not much happening around here today, so I hope to do some more scrapping. I actually got a layout done for Lynne Grieveson's featured product challenge. Hooray!! I think my mojo is poking its head up from behind the couch finally!
I wish I could send you some rain, we are getting more on and off the next few days from the remnants of Ernesto. Nothing windy or anything like that, just the unsettled air and some T-storms I think.
Yeeeeeah baby! Great news about the scrap mojo!
Did you and Linda get out for a walk? I didn't do anything other than a short yoga session yesterday *and* I had ice cream for a snack last night. I'd better do more of some kind of exercise today. *pats tummy* Is there any way to get rid of post-menopausal belly fat in less than 4 weeks?
No????
:rollingpin1:
Pfft.

:greengrin:

BFF is almost an hour away depending on traffic but it is worth the trip down to visit with her. We try to get together about once a month for coffee during the school year when she works FT. But she is off for the summer so it all pool all the time LOL

How'd the picture turn out? I typically change my hairstyle or glasses after the picture is taken.
@vickyday How is your ID? Are you allowed to smile? in NJ we can't, not allowed at all not even a smirk. Everyone's ID looks worse than a mugshot b/c you are annoyed that you've to wait and pay $$$ for the darn thing.

Why can't I just drip fat cells instead?
That is an awesome question!
Have fun at the baby shower tomorrow!

Good morning ladies. I'm exhausted and sleep deprived, Remi has been in the animal hospital and hopefully soon will see a surgeon to set up surgery
Oh nooooooooo......
That is what happened to Jaida last December. It's awful. She had TPLO surgery so if that is that is the same procedure they do for Remi and you have any questions, please ask. I know it depends on the precise tear and knee mechanics but TPLO is the most common way to do a CCL repair. Do you have a sling for her?
This is the one we bought and it worked great:
This is the bed we got her too:
We knew she'd need something for the floor since she wasn't allowed on any furniture for months. We babygated the LR off and Gary slept on the sofa with her on the floor the entire time.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. :brokenheart:
The good thing is that you have her trained incredibly well whereas J is a stubborn butt and fights us on everything. And she is young which is another plus. TPLO has a fantastic success rate and J's surgeon said that she would be able to return to her normal activity in about 6 months. She still gets stiff after we hike with her but the vet thinks it is more arthritis than the knee repair itself.
Once the surgery and PT is done, the vet should have her on some sort of joint supplement. We use Fish Oil and Dasequin for Jaida and that is supposed to help with the cartilage rebuilding. Her other knee (she had patellar luxation repair when she was 1 yo) has been great and we give her Dasequin daily. Def. talk to your vet when the surgery is over.
HUGS to you all. It's so hard but she'll be ok ♥
(Sorry if I am butting my nose in too much again)

Good Morning!
Happy Friday! may it find us all sitting on our butts scrapping chatting and taking it easy.
I couldn't; do that yesterday but that is on my list for today!
Yeah yeah yeah Mom, I should have listened. But did you take breaks while yard working? No, see I followed your lead.
Who me??????????????
Bwuahahah!!!!!!!
It is always Do as I say, not as I do. :giggle4:
I bet the color contrast makes it cozy and warm.
I'm still trying to find that moose to bring me to AK for pizza night.

Well, the laundry did not get sorted after all. I ended up working in the craft room AGAIN!!! And it looks like a bomb went off in there...AGAIN!!! I was looking for papers for the wedding album...and remembered that there might be some in 1 of the 2 large crates under the typing table (by the side of the desk). Had to pull out a rolling tote first (it was in front of the crates). Looked in it and discovered it was full of packs of 12X12 cardstock. Yes!!! it had a pack of gold cardstock like I used in the 50th Anniversary album!!! :woohoo: Pulled both crates out and the 2nd crate was full of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock plus several different vellums (one with gold scrolls) and more gold cardstock!!! Plus several packs of photo sleeves!!! I was doing a happy chair dance to find these. They are now in the bin with the other cardstock/tools for the Wedding album stuff. Now, I need to empty/move the hanging files with cardstock into the rolling bin where the other cardstock is.

I was gonna yell at you for hopping back in there and working while your back was iffy but what a score on finding all of the paper and supplies you needed. Then to find more photos! What did I say a couple of weeks ago that your home is being held up by DVDs and photo albums? I rest my case! :D

jeanne- love the tie-dye! Scott used to tie dye everything when he was in HS so a lot of my laundry did look like that, but not anymore. Do you do the tie-dye yourself?

Happy to have the house to myself for a couple days to process and get grounded. It's been a while.
Sounds amazing! Enjoy some of that quiet time for me.
Do you have a special place you will be keeping Ike? We have a shelf in the hallway where we keep all of their footprints displayed and some photos/drawings of a few of the furbabies. It's nice to walk past and touch them. :hug3:

@Cherylndesigns Uuuuuh-ooh, Kinleigh sounds like Caitlyn at that age! Does she stomp her foot when she doesn't get her way?
Hysterical about how mad she gets for not being allowed in the pool haha!
I have a "dinner date" tomorrow night. HA! It's with Alyssa and her new boyfriend (the guy who came over here a week or so ago). Adrienne wanted to "roll" our date in with the whole family and all of us go out to dinner tomorrow night. Alyssa wouldn't hear of it. . LOL I was happy because I'm looking forward to getting to know her new bf better and that would be hard to do with so many people.
That is awesome! Have a wonderful time and that's so thoughtful of Alyssa. Any more updates on the Marines?
Braden is all settled in with the new apt too?
Feel better too!

:grouphugyay:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Awake early this morning... again! 5AM is too early to wake up!!! I was dreaming about paper scrapping the School Reunion pages and that woke me up. I was so excited late yesterday afternoon when I ran across a photo box filled with several of the rubber stamps and the purple inkpad and refill that I had used on the reunion pages!! The pages were all made using rubber stamps and cutting out paper designs... and making decorated paper frames. Yes, I did sell all of my Stampin' Up rubber stamps sets but had kept a bunch of other stamps... Talk about stepping back in time and doing paper scrapping again! But I want to keep the same look to the new pages I create - so time to break out the scissors, the Xacto knife, the paper cutter and the rest of the paper scrapping supplies. :nod1: I did look at the photos in the box and thank goodness nearly all of them are in dated envelopes... only have a couple of photos that aren't dated. At a rough guess, I need to make about 60 to 75 pages plus about 25 photo sleeve pages. The big ones with the most photos are my 30th Class Reunion when we were host class for the reunion and both Bill's and my 50th Class Reunions. I already have the pages done of Bill's 30th Class Reunion when they were the host class. The other good news is that I got a call from Hobby Lobby yesterday - the photo sleeve packages on special order have arrived - so will pick them up today. Will also look for a purple marker to edge the gold pages. So glad I have the crate so I can keep the supplies for this project together and move them back and forth from craft room to kitchen island as I work on them. Oh, I found a couple of same style binders so will move the pages into them. dance4 And to make it easy on my back, the crate with supplies fits on top of the rolling crate with handle so no picking up and lugging it back and forth!! And the best news is I did spend time moving the other cardstock in crate 2 into the main cardstock rolling bin in hanging folders. That crate is now empty!!! :dancing6: And I sorted and put more of the vellum papers in with the wedding album bin. At least the craft room looks less like a bomb went off - and I can walk around and get to all the storage spaces. :woohoo:I can stand to have the craft room door open now.

Just so you know I haven't forgot about digi-scrapping... I did make a couple of pages for up-coming releases before I when back into the craft room yesterday afternoon. I plan on doing at least 1 or 2 digi LOs before I get sucked into having a paper scrapping day.

@faerywings - love that hair style. It will be great for the wedding!!!

Time to get my shower and then off to Hobby Lobby. HAGD

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! Woke up early but stayed in bed with the other dogs for a while. One in particular is being extra affectionate. The other one seems a little depressed and distant. So extra love and hugs to both of them. Been doing laundry and more housework/organizing this morning. It feels good to regroup. Last night I even got going on Challenge #5 and it's coming along and should be done shortly! Tomorrow will be my first "event" at church, so will be working most of the day tomorrow. Enjoying no peopling today. :rolleyes1:

@faerywings the hair style is beautiful. Just from knowing you from your avatar it looks like it will be amazing and gorgeous.
@bcgal00 I'm sorry your doggie needs surgery. And I'm sorry to hear you are stepping back from the Cheery-O team but glad you'll still be around. Funny how seasons change. :heartpumpred:

@BrightEyes You are an organizational inspiration!

HAGD everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings I wasn't sure if that was the same surgery J had before. It's nice to know I can run things by you when needed. Thanks. I have the sling and Remi is crated for now but later after surgery when it is safe for her to come out, she has a big soft bed in the LR. Good idea about gating off the LR/DR so she can't go up or down stairs. It sure will be many baby steps of recovery. I remember your stories of frustration, I know you will be relating to what we will go thru with this. Remi has adapted really well to her crate. She has bones and toys in there and I throw dental cookies thru the bars at her like a (lame) game. We go to the hospital on Mon or Tues and they will send over the request for surgical appt with a surgeon. Hopefully that will all go quickly so she can get the surgery soon.

I ordered a folding memory foam bed to sleep in the LR with Remi. I'll miss my bed but it's more important to stay with her at night. Taz is loving it, he can sleep on the couch or recliner. Bella wanted to get in the crate with Remi this morning but Remi softly growled "no" to her, its her space, not Bella's LOL.

I hosted the mexican train at the center yesterday while D stayed home to babysit. I was so tired and foggy but managed to remember all I needed to do and we had a lot of fun. We had 20 people and I think that number is going to grow even more. Last week was 12 and this week was 20. We are going to have to put a cap on how many can play, we will run out of space.

I hope to scrap a bit, nap and just putter around the house today. We have friends coming for games tomorrow afternoon so Remi can take her meds and watch us off and on as she snoozes. I'm so proud of my girl, how well she is adapting to being crated all the time.

I'm off to get more coffee and shower. Hopefully this sleep deprived brain fog gets better over the wkend. I didn't sleep well last night either (worse than my usual). Again I fell asleep by 11:30ish and then awake at 3 for the rest of the night.

Have a good day everyone. BFN

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies!
Hope youre all having a nice weekend so far.

Last night was fun! You missed a great party! We watched Coneheads while making/eating pizza. About 7:30 the power went out. HUGE crack sound like the transformer blew. So we sat in silence reading books till 9:30 and then went to bed. Turned off the switches I could remember so the lights didn't come on in the middle of the night. Yep, missed one. The bathroom in my room LOL Thankfully I was still reading when it came on so it didn't wake me up.

Side note of no interest what so ever LOL Our power lines are all above ground on poles. So when the wind blows crazy like yesterday, trees fall into the lines and take them down. Yesterday was the first time I heard the pow of the line going down though.
At least the craft room looks less like a bomb went off - and I can walk around and get to all the storage spaces. :woohoo:I can stand to have the craft room door open now.
WOO HOO!! Yeah for craftrooom organization! That's awesome.
Good Morning everyone! Woke up early but stayed in bed with the other dogs for a while. One in particular is being extra affectionate. The other one seems a little depressed and distant. So extra love and hugs to both of them. Been doing laundry and more housework/organizing this morning. It feels good to regroup. Last night I even got going on Challenge #5 and it's coming along and should be done shortly! Tomorrow will be my first "event" at church, so will be working most of the day tomorrow. Enjoying no peopling today. :rolleyes1:
This sounds lovely Amy. Having a slow morning to lay in bed and love on the pups. I can only imagine how out of sorts the other dogs are and not understanding what is going on. I hope you enjoy your day of no people and can just be. Turn the phone to do not disturb.

I am not sure what I did but my finger is not happy. Almost like I jammed it or something. It hurts in the middle joint, stiff, swollen and ugh typing is fun. I have no idea how I could have hurt it though. Its crazy. And I have a bruise on my big toe. Nope, didn't drop anything on it. Gotta love random bruises.

@bcgal00 I'm sorry you are having to sleep on the floor instead of your bed, but I get it too. We love those fur babies so much, we sleep on the floor for them.

Chris I love the hairstyle! Will look amazing. Fancy but fun.

Okay, off to get more coffee. Have a wonderful day!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning I am just popping in here today for a min. DH is still snoozing, he must have really needed a good sleep! When he gets up we are heading out to do our usual running around. It is a beautiful sunny morning so we might get a walk in before heading downtown to all the chaos. I managed a layout yesterday and I just love it! It's of my son on sailboat, his fav place to be. I sure miss him and his family, but he told me on our last phone call that he will be making a trip out to Vancouver for his work in November, so he will be coming to stay the weekend with us! I can hardly wait!! Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say good morning. @faerywings I love the hairstyle, it will look amazing on you!
@bcgal00 - I am so sorry to hear about Remi!! You are the best puppy mom ever!! I hope you manage to get so me better sleep soon!
@BrightEyes - Yay for the craft room clean up and finding all the photos and rubber stamps! Isn't it always the way that when you get rid of things shortly afterward you need them :giggle4: . Oh well sounds like you still have lots of rubber stamps!
@mimes1 - It's :laundry: day for me tomorrow, good luck with getting all yours done today!
@AK_Tracy - I miss the thunderstorms from when we lived on the prairie, but that's about all I really miss LOL. Glad that the power came back on for you!

Ok DH is stirring so I will get us some breakfast and get going with our busy day! :cowwaving:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It's the weekend! I am taking my morning nice and slow today. I have nowhere to go and the weather is crummy so no point in working outside. I might as well take advantage of that. (But... will I? Check back tomorrow and see!)

Yesterday was a great visit with my BFF. I showed her the photo I pinned for the MoB hairstyle and she approved. :D
View attachment 426170
I'll keep looking but I think this is the direction I want to go in.
She said something to me that made my stomach do quite a few flips. We hugged goodbye and she said that the next time we see each other would be at the wedding. *GULP*
That made it feel really soon. Which I guess it is.

I need to get going on writing our speech. She asked us to do a speech/toast and I have been ignoring it. I better get myself together. I don't know what I want to say (probably because I've been ignoring it).
Any ideas to get me started???

HAGD!
If my daughter had asked me to do something like that at her wedding, someone else would have had to read it because all I could have done was blubber :sad1::bawling:
The hair style is PERFECTLY PRETTY!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Hope that you slept better and later last night than the night before.
I am chuckling that you had to go back into the craft room to put some of the stuff into bins. I would have done the same thing. I would *have to* clear some space or it makes me kooky.

That has to be a DMV record! When I took Scott for his DL test/license were there for over 4 hours. I had to leave the building at one point because it was so crowded and over capacity for fire safety. Glad that it's done for you for 5 more years!

I wish I could send you some rain, we are getting more on and off the next few days from the remnants of Ernesto. Nothing windy or anything like that, just the unsettled air and some T-storms I think.
Did you and Linda get out for a walk? I didn't do anything other than a short yoga session yesterday *and* I had ice cream for a snack last night. I'd better do more of some kind of exercise today. *pats tummy* Is there any way to get rid of post-menopausal belly fat in less than 4 weeks?
No????
Pfft.

BFF is almost an hour away depending on traffic but it is worth the trip down to visit with her. We try to get together about once a month for coffee during the school year when she works FT. But she is off for the summer so it all pool all the time LOL

@vickyday How is your ID? Are you allowed to smile? in NJ we can't, not allowed at all not even a smirk. Everyone's ID looks worse than a mugshot b/c you are annoyed that you've to wait and pay $$$ for the darn thing.

Oh nooooooooo......
That is what happened to Jaida last December. It's awful. She had TPLO surgery so if that is that is the same procedure they do for Remi and you have any questions, please ask. I know it depends on the precise tear and knee mechanics but TPLO is the most common way to do a CCL repair. Do you have a sling for her?
We knew she'd need something for the floor since she wasn't allowed on any furniture for months. We babygated the LR off and Gary slept on the sofa with her on the floor the entire time.
The good thing is that you have her trained incredibly well whereas J is a stubborn butt and fights us on everything. And she is young which is another plus. TPLO has a fantastic success rate and J's surgeon said that she would be able to return to her normal activity in about 6 months. She still gets stiff after we hike with her but the vet thinks it is more arthritis than the knee repair itself.
Once the surgery and PT is done, the vet should have her on some sort of joint supplement. We use Fish Oil and Dasequin for Jaida and that is supposed to help with the cartilage rebuilding. Her other knee (she had patellar luxation repair when she was 1 yo) has been great and we give her Dasequin daily. Def. talk to your vet when the surgery is over.

Who me??????????????
Bwuahahah!!!!!!!

I was gonna yell at you for hopping back in there and working while your back was iffy but what a score on finding all of the paper and supplies you needed. Then to find more photos! What did I say a couple of weeks ago that your home is being held up by DVDs and photo albums? I rest my case! :D

jeanne- love the tie-dye! Scott used to tie dye everything when he was in HS so a lot of my laundry did look like that, but not anymore. Do you do the tie-dye yourself?

Do you have a special place you will be keeping Ike? We have a shelf in the hallway where we keep all of their footprints displayed and some photos/drawings of a few of the furbabies. It's nice to walk past and touch them. :hug3:

@Cherylndesigns Uuuuuh-ooh, Kinleigh sounds like Caitlyn at that age! Does she stomp her foot when she doesn't get her way?

That is awesome! Have a wonderful time and that's so thoughtful of Alyssa. Any more updates on the Marines?
Feel better too!

I agree! I complained about the appointment being so early, but I think I will get that early appointment from now on! I loved getting in and out that quickly! And I learned while there that if you are a walk-in, they won't deal with you until noon!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

No????
Pfft.

Oh nooooooooo......

Who me??????????????
Bwuahahah!!!!!!!

Feel better too!

BTW, we're allowed to smile with our picture. But we have to take our glasses off, which doesn't make sense to me, especially since I ALWAYS have my glasses on. My picture this time looks more like me than any of the previous ones. He even let me preview it for approval which was a first!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
At a rough guess, I need to make about 60 to 75 pages plus about 25 photo sleeve pages.
WOW! You are gonna be busy! I have to stay out of HL because, even though I don't do paper scrapping, I can't resist buying some of the wonderful goodies!
Tomorrow will be my first "event" at church
What does an "event" involve?
I hope to scrap a bit, nap and just putter around the house today
I hope you got to do all of that.....especially nap!
HUGE crack sound like the transformer blew.
I've had the privilege of hearing those and it scares the crap out of you!
I am not sure what I did but my finger is not happy
I hope it gets better sooner than later!

After my daughter and her family left for home this morning, Mark and I went to my other daughter's house to celebrate her oldest's 20th birthday! WOW! I just can't believe she is 20! I still remember babysitting her while mommy worked when she was 2. She loved sitting on the counter as I cooked. And if we were having green beans she couldn't wait for me to open the can so she could eat green beans straight from the can!

I worked on a miscellaneous page yesterday and I got so involved in finding patterned papers, etc for the page that I forgot about the 3 designers maximum.....I used 5, I think! Anyway, since I already have my quota met for the month I'm not going to post it to the gallery, but I will share it with you. My inspiration came from something I saw on the web. I had to make my own petal shapes and center of the flower shape, but it was fun to do! I spent WAY too much time on it, LOL!
Here's my inspiration... and... the digital one I created:
Screen-Shot-2024-06-21-at-9.26.28-AM.jpg Small-Things.jpg

I used mainly paper packs for the petals. And I blended 2 papers together to get the background. I love the see-through jar by emeto! Here's a list of what I used:
Can't Bring Me Down (the kit) by Joyful heart Designs
Hello There! (the patterns) by Joyful Heart Designs
Awesomely Random {patterned} by Joyful Heart Designs
Lucky and Blessed Pattern Papers by Vicki Stegall
Slow Summer Pattern Papers by Vicki Stegall
Between the Pages (full kit) by Jen (Squared) Designs
Welcome winter by emeto Designs
Wings of Whimsy Mixed Media by Crafty Button Design
Font is Chalkboard SE Light

I'm doing laundry this afternoon/evening. Dryer just went off so gotta go! Have a good evening!

mimes1

CHEERY O
@vickyday Your bouquet is beautiful!!! love the bold colors and all the texture. It reminds me a little bit of the old wire flowers we'd make as kids, and dip each petal in some sort of liquid plastic that would then make this clear petal. Then we'd glue letter cut outs from magazines all over coke bottles and make a vase for these fun flowers. Fun memory.

@vickyday The event at church is dinner and then small groups for all the volunteers. I'll be helping with set up and clean up, and then be a fly on the wall to see what goes on in front of and behind the scenes. It should be a full day. I'm looking forward to it.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening all,

Wow what a busy day. We all went to Nancy's for lunch, then into town. Alyssa (the kids' mom) and the two kids wanted to go to Walmart and Adrienne and I went to the other grocery store in town. It's more expensive than Wally's, but what a beautiful, privately owned store it is. We try not to go there on a regular basis but can't resist going there about once every month or so. I didn't think I needed anything, but checked my list on the grocery app on my phone and found that I did need a few things. They had frozen mango that Walmart was out of the other day, so I was happy about that.

Then we came home, it was going on 3 by then. I hung around up there for awhile, Ava and Drake were swimming so I visited with them for awhile. Then I had to come home and get ready for my dinner date. I had to wash my hair, so you know that takes me longer. I've worn a baseball cap for the last couple of days, so I had "hat hair". In the meantime, here came Kinleigh and her mommy. Kinleigh told her mom she wanted to go to Cici's. She wanted a drink out of a sippy cup, which I don't have, but I satisfied her with one of my drink containers.

We just got home and what a delightful young man Alyssa is dating. Such a gentleman and so sweet and kind. His name is Blakely. He's SO tall - Alyssa's tall, but he's so much taller and looks like a professional body builder. He's a high school football coach and also teaches Jr. and Sr. High weightlifting classes.

I feel better tonight. Thought for sure I was getting a cold last night. Thank you, Immune system.

Chris @faerywings yes, Kinleigh stomps her foot plus gets "that face". Such a character. "When she's good.................." you know that saying. Haha She was in a good mood today. They're doing pretty well, considering they're only 3 and 5 and drove straight through from Michigan and have been staying in somebody's house this whole time. Everything considered, they're rolled with it very well. They're pretty well-behaved children, considering everything and their ages. They're well-disciplined and good kids.

Oh, update on Alyssa - she's decided not to pursue the Marines. She didn't realize she had to have some of her tats removed, how long it takes, how expensive and how painful it was. Also, she told me tonight that they probably would take her because she has had a lot of health problems - lots of allergies, etc. They ARE very strict about all of that.

Sorry I can't do personals - I'm a bad Daily O member. :couchhide:

Love and hugs to ALL. XOXO

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Does anyone need some rain? We've got plenty of it today with areal flood watches posted up. It should be interesting driving to the salon for our facials this afternoon. The town it is in is known for flooding so I'll need to check the roads before we go. Once we are there, all bets will be off. I think I know enough different routes that if it gets flooded I can get us home before midnight ;)

I got a lot done yesterday despite starting my day slow and lazy. I cleaned, vacuumed, and mopped. I scrapped another prerelease and made fish tacos for dinner. They came out better than I expected since I mashed up three different recipes. I made a "salsa" of red onion, cilantro, tomato, and avocado and a "crema" with sour cream, some cilantro, cayenne, and lime juice. I sometimes get frozen fish from the FP and I never know what to do with them. This was the second time I made tacos but instead of frying the fish, I baked them-- much, much better.

Gary and I spent some time looking at the birds hanging out in the driveway- there were four of them (finches, I think) that were giving themselves the biggest dust baths. Cracked us up how the dust was flying everywhere. I'm glad they got that done before it started to rain. Later, I was letting the dogs outside and when I opened my front door, a hawk took off over the hedges. So impressive, but probably not good news for the chipmunks who live in the drainpipe.

My goal for this morning is to get the week's schedule set. I already started on my grocery order. And OMG- the price jumps since last week-- just awful! :banghead: I want to do my nails too but I'm not sure if I try to grow them out now, is it too soon? Will they stay longish for the wedding or will they get to the length where they break off and then I have stubby nails? I feel like it is too soon. I don't like long nails either, they are impractical for me. Yuck. This whole "dressing up" is BS! pfft! :rotfl: YKWIM????

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Look back at your scrapbook pages of her & your heart will give you the words.
That's a really good idea!

Awake early this morning... again! 5AM is too early to wake up!!! I was dreaming about paper scrapping the School Reunion pages and that woke me up. I was so excited late yesterday afternoon when I ran across a photo box filled with several of the rubber stamps and the purple inkpad and refill that I had used on the reunion pages!! The pages were all made using rubber stamps and cutting out paper designs... and making decorated paper frames. Yes, I did sell all of my Stampin' Up rubber stamps sets but had kept a bunch of other stamps... Talk about stepping back in time and doing paper scrapping again! But I want to keep the same look to the new pages I create - so time to break out the scissors, the Xacto knife, the paper cutter and the rest of the paper scrapping supplies.
Wow! LMBO that you dreamed about paper scrapping, that would be a nightmare for me LOL
It will be interesting and fun to go back to your scrap-roots too. How awesome that you are finding so many supplies. Of course you are reorganizing it all too :D

@mimes1 Hugs to you and the other pups. Ravyn was very depressed after Harley passed away, for years. Once we got Jaida it was like a cloud had lifted and she was happy and playful again.
Enjoying no peopling today. :rolleyes1:
Sounds awesome! Have fun today at the church event!

@bcgal00 Of course, ask me anything you aren't sure of or if you need some support or anything as you and Remi go through this. Yup-- not easy, totally frustrating. But Remi is a "pleaser" and that will make it much easier. Jaida doesn't like to walk on our street on a good day so trying to get the PT walking done was a nightmare with her. Jaida also doesn't like the crate and now it is Whisky's space. so having Remi already feeling comfortable is a plus. I hope that the surgery gets scheduled quickly too ♥
Last night was fun! You missed a great party! We watched Coneheads while making/eating pizza. About 7:30 the power went out. HUGE crack sound like the transformer blew. So we sat in silence reading books till 9:30 and then went to bed. Turned off the switches I could remember so the lights didn't come on in the middle of the night. Yep, missed one. The bathroom in my room LOL Thankfully I was still reading when it came on so it didn't wake me up.
Darn moose keeps saying that NJ is out of its delivery area. :p
Yikes about the power/transformer, glad it happened after you cooked the pizzas.
Hope that your body aches are better today.

I managed a layout yesterday and I just love it! It's of my son on sailboat, his fav place to be. I sure miss him and his family, but he told me on our last phone call that he will be making a trip out to Vancouver for his work in November, so he will be coming to stay the weekend with us!
I saw that one on FB and it was fantastic!!! I bet you will be counting the days until you see him!

If my daughter had asked me to do something like that at her wedding, someone else would have had to read it because all I could have done was blubber :sad1::bawling:
The hair style is PERFECTLY PRETTY!
I hope I'll be ok too.
How funny that you can't wear glasses but you can smile for your ID.
Hahahaha!! The jokes are too funny!
I love the bouquet you made!

We just got home and what a delightful young man Alyssa is dating. Such a gentleman and so sweet and kind. His name is Blakely.
I am so happy for Alyssa! he sounds like a nice man. Whew-- good to hear that she decided against the Marines. I would have been totally behind her and your family if she went for it but Aunt Chris is glad that she isn't *G*
hahah! LMBO that Kinleigh does the stamp/face. Same as Caitlyn used to do and make me batty.
Ummmmm--- what is The Rule about that?? :spanking:

Thank you all for also "apprOving" the hairstyle I shared :lovey3:

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Is there any way to get rid of post-menopausal belly fat in less than 4 weeks
Go to the "fat sucker " place, not the candy store. They'll have you back in your size 2 bikini in one visit. Since I never was a size 2, they'd have to suck until I was inside out & I still wouldn't fit.
in NJ we can't, not allowed at all not even a smirk.
I try to avoid looking at mine, but I don't think we can smile but do wear glasses. Since my glasses are the first thing I put on in the morning, it seems ridiculous not to wear them. I know we couldn't smile or wear glasses for passport photos, add b&w and it's Lizzie Borden & Al Capone mug shots.
Do you do the tie-dye yourself?
Heavens no, we are strictly off the rack tie dye people, and I was way too nerdy geek in high school to wear it, and there was a snowflakes chance in "Helsinki" that my mother would have allowed it. What would the neighbors think?
Last night was fun! You missed a great party! We watched Coneheads while making/eating pizza. About 7:30 the power went out. HUGE crack sound like the transformer blew. So we sat in silence reading books till 9:30 and then went to bed. Turned off the switches I could remember so the lights didn't come on in the middle of the night. Yep, missed one.
In our neighborhood the electric is all underground but there's one pole with a transformer leading into the neighborhood, a couple times we've had the sonic boom that has scared the crap out of me and in the world, we live in I don't handle the noise well. Afterwards there's the scent of roasted squirrel. Ah yes, the light switch conundrum. The last time we lost power it was about midnight and it followed on the heels of a lightning strike, not sure where the heel is on a lightning bolt, but I digress. I get up to go to the bathroom and hubs is already getting his flashlight out because "the power is out", yes dear, I realize that, the house is dark, but it's midnight. Now the bathroom is out the bedroom door & a slight angle across the hall, I've been there before & I found the bedroom door without a flashlight. He keeps telling me to get my flashlight. Me: I don't know where it is. Him: it's on your nightstand. Me: It fell in behind a couple of months ago, I didn't bother slithering around to find it. Him: again, get your flashlight. This means I would have to walk from the bedroom door back to my side of the bed, in the dark, and dig around in Alice in Dust Bunnyland where I'd need to about stand on my head in the dark because the nightstand just fits between the bed & wall, to retrieve a flashlight, I don't need to find a door I had already found, in the dark, to walk across the hall to the bathroom. He takes his flashlight to my side of the bed to get my flashlight so I can take it to the bathroom, apparently, we can't use one flashlight to find something that wasn't lost to begin with. So, he brings me my flashlight which I don't turn on because he's next to me with his flashlight on & I can already see the door that I knew was there all the time, so I carry my turned off flashlight to the bathroom and then, still turned off, back to bed. The flashlight-bathroom story wasn't the point I was headed to, but the fact that we have a bunch of smart/dumb bulbs in the house. About 3, I wake up & the lamp on my side of the bed is on and I can tell by the light in the hallway that the 9 bulbs in the kitchen light fixture are on which means all of the others are on. I get up & go to the bathroom which I can tell is right where I thought it was and then I go in the kitchen & whisper, mind you, to Alexa to turn off the lights. I could have done that in the bedroom, but that one doesn't always hear that well and I didn't want to have her forget to whisper and say "Hmm, I don't know that one " and wake up hubs.
I worked on a miscellaneous page yesterday and I got so involved in finding patterned papers, etc for the page that I forgot about the 3 designers maximum.....I used 5, I think!
That page is incredibly cool & I remember those wire flowers.
Wash your mouth out with soap. I don't ever want to hear you use the "b" word in an O sentence again .

Now I need another cup of coffee & my oatmeal.

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I am getting an early start today. I sorted the laundry last evening and put the 1st load on to wash a few minutes ago. Think I can get it all done around 11 AM. We will be under a heat advisory nearly every day this week... hitting 99* or 100* every day!!! YIKES!! The electric co is asking everyone to conserve on electric use from noon to 9PM. Good thing that I am adjusted to having the A/C set at 78* and use ceiling fans,

I will be working on a CT LO this morning - in between doing loads of laundry. Made a vow to keep up the digi-scrapping first then work on my paper scrapping. After looking at how many pages there are to do with the school reunion photos, I decided to switch things around. I have a lot less of the kids wedding photos - so think I will work on them first. The big challenge will be to get the professional photos to lay flat. I made a mistake when I stored them in the photo box... they were in a stack on top of other photos and ended up a 2" slightly rolled edge along one side. Have a couple of ideas on how to get them to lay flat again.

Time to move load 1 from washer to dryer... grab a bite to eat... then back to work on CT LO. HAGD

alsoartysa

WOW! You are gonna be busy! I have to stay out of HL because, even though I don't do paper scrapping, I can't resist buying some of the wonderful goodies!

What does an "event" involve?

I hope you got to do all of that.....especially nap!

I've had the privilege of hearing those and it scares the crap out of you!

I hope it gets better sooner than later!

After my daughter and her family left for home this morning, Mark and I went to my other daughter's house to celebrate her oldest's 20th birthday! WOW! I just can't believe she is 20! I still remember babysitting her while mommy worked when she was 2. She loved sitting on the counter as I cooked. And if we were having green beans she couldn't wait for me to open the can so she could eat green beans straight from the can!

I worked on a miscellaneous page yesterday and I got so involved in finding patterned papers, etc for the page that I forgot about the 3 designers maximum.....I used 5, I think! Anyway, since I already have my quota met for the month I'm not going to post it to the gallery, but I will share it with you. My inspiration came from something I saw on the web. I had to make my own petal shapes and center of the flower shape, but it was fun to do! I spent WAY too much time on it, LOL!
Here's my inspiration... and... the digital one I created:
View attachment 426188 View attachment 426189

I used mainly paper packs for the petals. And I blended 2 papers together to get the background. I love the see-through jar by emeto! Here's a list of what I used:
Can't Bring Me Down (the kit) by Joyful heart Designs
Hello There! (the patterns) by Joyful Heart Designs
Awesomely Random {patterned} by Joyful Heart Designs
Lucky and Blessed Pattern Papers by Vicki Stegall
Slow Summer Pattern Papers by Vicki Stegall
Between the Pages (full kit) by Jen (Squared) Designs
Welcome winter by emeto Designs
Wings of Whimsy Mixed Media by Crafty Button Design
Font is Chalkboard SE Light

I'm doing laundry this afternoon/evening. Dryer just went off so gotta go! Have a good evening!
I think it turned out great! I love your inspiration piece as well. Isn't it great to find inspiration and then turn it into your own? I love it. Well done.

alsoartysa

Morning, gals. I am getting an early start today. I sorted the laundry last evening and put the 1st load on to wash a few minutes ago. Think I can get it all done around 11 AM. We will be under a heat advisory nearly every day this week... hitting 99* or 100* every day!!! YIKES!! The electric co is asking everyone to conserve on electric use from noon to 9PM. Good thing that I am adjusted to having the A/C set at 78* and use ceiling fans,

I will be working on a CT LO this morning - in between doing loads of laundry. Made a vow to keep up the digi-scrapping first then work on my paper scrapping. After looking at how many pages there are to do with the school reunion photos, I decided to switch things around. I have a lot less of the kids wedding photos - so think I will work on them first. The big challenge will be to get the professional photos to lay flat. I made a mistake when I stored them in the photo box... they were in a stack on top of other photos and ended up a 2" slightly rolled edge along one side. Have a couple of ideas on how to get them to lay flat again.

Time to move load 1 from washer to dryer... grab a bite to eat... then back to work on CT LO. HAGD
You're organized. Good luck on getting the photos to lie flat, let us know how it turned out.

alsoartysa

I'm a bad Daily O at the moment. so I can't respond to everyone, just coped in to say I laughed and felt warm hugs reading all your posts. I've been going through a 'time' the past couple of weeks. Well since July 4th...fell twice on vacation and broke my ankle, and knocked myself unconscious, not the first time apparently, got home 2 weeks later fell in the bathroom, my boot for my broken ankle hooked on the carpet where it meets the bathroom, fell and woke up in a pool of blood, and the next day went to the ER because my neighbor said I should. I have a brain bleed, and I see the surgeon on the 22nd. I've also been having treatment to get the crystals back in place in my ears, it's the cause of my dizziness and falling. It's an amazing machine they use. I'll see if I can upload a photo. Apparently when I fell almost 2 years ago, washing my kitchen floor at 2 am because I couldn't sleep, that started all the problems. I know it was before my kidney removal, but I can't say for sure when that happened. So thankful to my doctors and surgeons. It's an amazing thing how the body works. Who knew we have crystals in our ears?
Here is the machine they use, and when i'm in certain positions they vibrate behind my ear to get them to move. And that hurts, well my right ear, they went easy on the left ear because that's the side I fell on.
Have a great week everyone!

Attachments

• Machine 1.jpg
    Machine 1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Machine 2.jpg
    Machine 2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 5

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I'm a bad Daily O at the moment. so I can't respond to everyone, just coped in to say I laughed and felt warm hugs reading all your posts. I've been going through a 'time' the past couple of weeks. Well since July 4th...fell twice on vacation and broke my ankle, and knocked myself unconscious, not the first time apparently, got home 2 weeks later fell in the bathroom, my boot for my broken ankle hooked on the carpet where it meets the bathroom, fell and woke up in a pool of blood, and the next day went to the ER because my neighbor said I should. I have a brain bleed, and I see the surgeon on the 22nd. I've also been having treatment to get the crystals back in place in my ears, it's the cause of my dizziness and falling. It's an amazing machine they use. I'll see if I can upload a photo. Apparently when I fell almost 2 years ago, washing my kitchen floor at 2 am because I couldn't sleep, that started all the problems. I know it was before my kidney removal, but I can't say for sure when that happened. So thankful to my doctors and surgeons. It's an amazing thing how the body works. Who knew we have crystals in our ears?
Here is the machine they use, and when i'm in certain positions they vibrate behind my ear to get them to move. And that hurts, well my right ear, they went easy on the left ear because that's the side I fell on.
Have a great week everyone!
Oh, Andrea, so sorry about all your health problems. I also have "rocks in the ears" that can cause dizziness which could lead to falls. Thank goodness, I had a progressive doctor several years ago who diagnosed the problem. He sent me to PT to learn how to 'reset the rocks'. I now can recognize the start of "positional vertigo" and know how to short-circuit it before it causes me to fall. So sorry that your is so bad you need the chair treatment for it. And your poor broken ankle... glad your neighbor said you need to go to ER and get checked out!! :hug2:

alsoartysa

Oh, Andrea, so sorry about all your health problems. I also have "rocks in the ears" that can cause dizziness which could lead to falls. Thank goodness, I had a progressive doctor several years ago who diagnosed the problem. He sent me to PT to learn how to 'reset the rocks'. I now can recognize the start of "positional vertigo" and know how to short-circuit it before it causes me to fall. So sorry that your is so bad you need the chair treatment for it. And your poor broken ankle... glad your neighbor said you need to go to ER and get checked out!! :hug2:
Thank you!

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I am with Chris, who. needs rain? I will send it on! I've been trying to send it to Trudy but it wont leave!!!

I want to do my nails too but I'm not sure if I try to grow them out now, is it too soon? Will they stay longish for the wedding or will they get to the length where they break off and then I have stubby nails? I feel like it is too soon. I don't like long nails either, they are impractical for me. Yuck. This whole "dressing up" is BS! pfft! :rotfl: YKWIM????
Okay, I take collagen and my nails grow fast. So for me, I would say grow them now, for two or three weeks to get use to them!! Then cut them and grow them for the wedding. Take collagen (if you can) as it supports nails and hair and makes them stronger.
not sure where the heel is on a lightning bolt, but I digress.
This whole story cracked me up!!!! :giggle4: I think the heel is right before the point that hits the ground LOL
but that one doesn't always hear that well and I didn't want to have her forget to whisper and say "Hmm, I don't know that one " and wake up hubs.
A friend had Alexa lights and when I house sit its annoying when she says I dont have anything called "hall lights" so I always do "all lights" on or off LOL

Oh Andrea, @alsoartysa :hug3: I'm so sorry you are having this journey of problems. I'm thankful the docs know and are able to help. I hope you have others who are helping you with day to day tasks. Vertigo and crystals being off is horrible. :heartpumppink:

Off to church. Have a wonderful day everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I had Remi back at the hospital yesterday for a wellness check to see how she is doing and they are very impressed with her progress. So for now we can hold off surgery and because she is a small(ish) dog and she has responded so well to medication and rest, there is a chance she might not need surgery for awhile or at all with a few lifestyle changes. She'll be crated off and on throughout the day for quiet time, is confined to one floor, no stairs or jumping. We ordered a dog play pen so that will give her a bit more room to move around while being confined. That will come tomorrow. She is doing well with the ramp, feeling it is a "job" for her now and gets lots of praise for going up and down it. I can start with 5 min walks this week around the neighborhood. They suggested that I never use the ball launch for her to run after and leap up into the air to retrieve. With her joint degeneration it is too risky. I'm ok with that. I'll find other safer things for her to do. We'll work on games and training for more mental work. We will sleep together in the LR for awhile still until she can safely get up to the bedroom and into the crate but she won't be allowed on the bed for weeks to come, again, too risky. So, baby steps for our girl but hopefully she will continue to improve. What a crazy week! Also, this morning I realized I haven't taken my thyroid med for 5 days. Ugh.

@faerywings I haven't seen the hair style but I know you'll look good no matter what.

@taxed4ever Wonderful that you'll have you son visiting.

Gotta go, Remi is whining so probably needs to get outside. BFN

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Oh Andrea, that sounds awful, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. That machine looks like you'd be qualified to be an astronaut when you get out of it.