Oscraps

Daily Ooos: August 17-18: Weekend Edition

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, all.

I'm moving slow this morning/afternoon. Driving for almost an hour to eat last night, then pigging out, then driving an hour home wore me out. I have motion sickness, so Alyssa was hesitant to ask me to go there. I told her I'd be fine, and I'd take my medication, which I did. It always leaves me a little hung over the next day though. I'm not used to eating all those carbs, either. We made a pact that we wouldn't worry about carbs for once. Alyssa said "no carbs left untouched, Cici." She's so funny and that was our motto. So, I'm sure I'm having a carb hangover today, too. :no::rolleyes1:

Chris @faerywings we've had a lot of rain here, too. It rained so hard a couple of nights ago that it washed out our road down on the lower level and reconfigured the little lake again. It was brown mud yesterday and running over the road again. Kay @BrightEyes it's hot again here, too. Not quite as hot as where you are, but way too hot for me.
It's the weekend! I am taking my morning nice and slow today. I have nowhere to go and the weather is crummy so no point in working outside. I might as well take advantage of that. (But... will I? Check back tomorrow and see!)

Yesterday was a great visit with my BFF. I showed her the photo I pinned for the MoB hairstyle and she approved. :D
View attachment 426170
I'll keep looking but I think this is the direction I want to go in.
She said something to me that made my stomach do quite a few flips. We hugged goodbye and she said that the next time we see each other would be at the wedding. *GULP*
That made it feel really soon. Which I guess it is.

I need to get going on writing our speech. She asked us to do a speech/toast and I have been ignoring it. I better get myself together. I don't know what I want to say (probably because I've been ignoring it).
Any ideas to get me started???

HAGD!
This has to be THE one, Chris!! I can totally see that on you and it's perfect, I love it!!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I've taken a couple of hours off - talked to Steph for most of it, and I'm still wiped out. They're all calling me from Adrienne's to come up to the pool and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. UGH. I don't want to "people" today. I must though because Adrienne's having dinner later and the little ones will be leaving early Tuesday morning, so I must pull "my social pants" on and go up there. I.will.never.eat.that.much.again. Plus, drive an hour each way to do it. :sick::crazy:

Maybe I'll feel better if I go up there and will be in a better "state" when I get home later. I hope so.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Why, oh why... does a small project blow up into a HUGE one??? My wedding albums project blew up into a long involved project. I was thinking I had pulled out the box with all the photos of the kids weddings.... NO... it just had the larger professional taken photos of the weddings. So just spent 4 hours pulling photo boxes out (years from 1991 to 1994) to find the rest of the wedding photos!!! Then I had to go through them and select 1 set of photos from each wedding as most had 2-4 copies of each photo. Just finished putting the photo boxes away... and my back and arms are aching big time!!! OH, MY GOSH... I didn't think about pulling out the box with DD#1's photos...her wedding ones are in an album that I need to replace... but I need to pull out the Renewal of Vows (1996) and 40th Anniversary (2015) photos. Those are all going in one album so it can wait until I get the 4 other kids' album done first! :spinningchair:

I did come up with a method of getting the photos to lay flat... now to see if they stay flat. I use a speed roller to help start them going the right direction then carefully and slowly rolled the edges the correct direction. I have a big steam press and layered 4 photos in between 2 large white posterboards, added 4 more photos with the curve going the opposite way and a final poster board. Close the presser and will leave them overnight. And ... no... the press is not plugged it... just using for the weight.

Now I need to finish straightening out the mess on the kitchen island. After that, I will getting something to eat. Have a feeling that an hour or so will be spent sitting on chair massager as soon as I eat.