Oscraps

Daily Ooos: April 6-7: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
it's the weekend! And the sun is shining (still cold but not raining, I'll take it!)
I'm hoping to have a calm day today after the earthquake excitement of yesterday. Hahaha! That was *wild*. I was in the exam room by myself when everything started shaking. The nurse had just left after my EKG. At first, I thought she closed the door too hard, but then I realized the building was shaking and maybe I'd better get out of the room. I couldn't hear anyone at the front desk talking in a concerned tone so I waited. Then I could hear everyone talking at once as soon as it stopped.

Aside from my BP jumping after that, the physical was fine and I came home with scripts/referral for a DEXA and to a cardiologist. I asked him if I should get a baseline with a cardiologist based on my family history and he agreed.
Scott texted to see if I wanted to meet him for a hike after lunch and of course I did. He got a "promotion" as head of Trail management for the Parks Dept. It's a promotion in title only, no pay raise. However, he's thrilled since this means he has to hike the trails regularly to make sure they are clear. That's what he was doing yesterday at the preserve by my house. It was a nice easy hike, just under 3 miles. I bugged him about tree ID and leaves, galls, and just about anything else that I thought was interesting. (Almost everything!) He is such an amazing teacher. He also showed me what he bought for his nephew. He and Sam are taking him to the Liberty Science Center to see dinosaurs so he got him an updated version of a busy box with dinosaurs on it. He is over the moon about being an uncle :)
Caitlyn made it home right before dinner and had a lot of fun at the conference aside from the presentation. That part she didn't like and said that if she had to present again, it needed to be on a topic that she chose.

I am off to the FP this morning and then the other errands I didn't get to yesterday. Hiking was the priority, the errands could wait.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Have a wonderful time with Jim and Alyn!!!

@Cherylndesigns Uh-oh! Hope that you didn't; crash from that extra espresso shot, at least not too much of a crash. I am very glad and relieved that all of the paperwork is submitted, try to take it easy from the stress this weekend.

xoxoxo

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I have been busy organizing photos (still). Haven't even started a new backblaze backup yet, that is going to take many days to complete. Also, I will need to start a whole new lightroom catalog since photos have been moved/combined/deleted from the old drives. That will be a slow process too. So much work but so worth it when it finally is completed. I am coming across photos I didn't even know I had.

Remi has enjoyed the snow but it is wet snow and melting quickly. It'll be a mud pit around here for the next week as it all melts. Jen and I are taking the dogs to a spot she found that hopefully isn't muddy. I had fun playing hand and foot card game on Thurs night with D at the legion. D is leaving Wed morning for Vancouver (an old friend from work is retiring so he's flying in overnight to attend and surprise him). He'll stay with friends and they'll drive him back to the airport on Thurs evening, where I'll pick him up at 9 pm.

I want to start going thru the bins in the garage b/c although most is D's garage stuff/tools, etc, there are also some household things and I think some of my framed photos are in there.

@faerywings It's so nice to hear how well S is doing with his job, how wonderful to do something so well that you also love. I wish I could be there on the hikes.

Remi is getting antsy, she needs to get outdoors, so I'd better cut this short. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, all.

I slept sporadically last night - kept waking up and looking at the time and it was an hour later. That's not like me. Maybe I was waiting for Daisy to bark again. Then Kitty came crying at the door about six - this is getting to be a habit.

Chris @faerywings glad your appt went well, but how scary to be stuck in one of those rooms alone when the building was shaking.

Sounds like a nice hike with Scott and good luck at the FP today. I have no plans today except watching Bailee. Adrienne and Roger are going to Arakasas for a block party in his oldest son's neighborhood. They asked me to go, but I'd rather stay home. Their "excuraions usually end up as an all-day affair.

Yes, I did hit the wall. I knew I would and before I did, I got "the shakes". The caffeine high was "kind of" nice, but I don't think I'll do that again. I'm not even used to drinking coffee anymore. Yes, I'm so thankful to have a big chunk of the "business" taken care of.

Hope everybody has a great weekend. It's beautiful here - windy but beautiful. It was in the high seventies yesterday. It's currently 65 but going up to 78.

Hugs to all
XOXO

JeanneMN

I am 100% Bohemian descent, now it's Czech, but I like to tell people I'm Bohemian by blood and personality. When I grew up in west central Minnesota we were surrounded by Czech, Irish, Polish and German descendants. Every year we made a Czeck sausage called jiternici, and I can still remember the pig's head in the enamel bowl with the red rim sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Once all was said and done, I loved watching my dad & mom fill the casings and loved the finished outcome even more. In 1975 I moved to SE for my first job Minnesota where I was surrounded by mostly Scandinavians and Germans who had never heard of jiternice nor was it made anywhere around where I was so I languished without it for years. There is a lotta lutefisk around here, tried it once. 2 years ago we found Czech heaven in a meat market about an hour and a half drive from us which happens to be another area heavily populated with my jiternici peeps and a meat market that makes it! Today we made a pilgrimage there to stock up on that yumminess. I know an hour and a half sounds like a long way to drive for sausage, but one of our favorite wineries happens to be about a half mile from there so it was a "wine-derful" day.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I am 100% Bohemian descent, now it's Czech, but I like to tell people I'm Bohemian by blood and personality. When I grew up in west central Minnesota we were surrounded by Czech, Irish, Polish and German descendants. Every year we made a Czeck sausage called jiternici, and I can still remember the pig's head in the enamel bowl with the red rim sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Once all was said and done, I loved watching my dad & mom fill the casings and loved the finished outcome even more. In 1975 I moved to SE for my first job Minnesota where I was surrounded by mostly Scandinavians and Germans who had never heard of jiternice nor was it made anywhere around where I was so I languished without it for years. There is a lotta lutefisk around here, tried it once. 2 years ago we found Czech heaven in a meat market about an hour and a half drive from us which happens to be another area heavily populated with my jiternici peeps and a meat market that makes it! Today we made a pilgrimage there to stock up on that yumminess. I know an hour and a half sounds like a long way to drive for sausage, but one of our favorite wineries happens to be about a half mile from there so it was a "wine-derful" day.
Oh hi, Jeanne! I was chuckling over the description of your heritage. You're going fit right in with this crazy bunch. Some of us love our wine, too. Hehe I love your sense of humor already. We're a goofy bunch and would love it is you "sidle up to us". LOL I was JUST looking for Bohemian style rugs on Amazon - I changed the colors in my bedroom and now I need a rug for under my bed that's mostly light blue. BOHO baby. We're just a "band of gypsies" around here - I live on a "compound" with a lot of family members - but we pick up and move quite often. I love Willie Nelson's song "On The Road Again" - we're just a band of gypsies going down the highway - we're the best of friends. We picked up and moved from S. Florida to Okalhoma a few years ago.

Welcome to the group and please drop in when you can. :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred: :heartpumpred:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday! Guess what? The sun is out! I hope it sticks around today, it turned cold, windy, and cloudy by noon yesterday.
I've been thinking of what I want to do today and it's either cleaning inside or yard work. I might shoot for both. Tidying up inside is necessary since I couldn't deal with it yesterday. I felt annoyed all day and didn't feel like doing a darn thing. If I can get the house in order this morning, I can work in the yard this afternoon. That leaves me ready to steam clean the carpets tomorrow. With the renovation going on upstairs last month, they are in bad shape.
The dogs also need baths but I'm not up for that today. They too are in bad shape. LOL

I also have to work on my grocery order- I want to be sure I'm all stocked up on vegan staples. I think Tom is officially moving in next week. It will be an adjustment for all of us but it should be fine. I couldn't find Caitlyn yesterday. Her BR door was open, the bathroom door was open and I knew she wasn't downstairs. Scott's BR door was closed and it took me more than a few minutes to realize she was in her living room :angelwhistle:

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!
:sunnyeyes:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 Going through your photos has to be a trip down memory lane, just like looking at old analog photo albums. :D
Was the new dog park/walk dry enough to enjoy or did your dogs come home wet and muddy? I was glad that I didn't have my dogs when I met Scott for the hike, the trails were completely underwater in spots. (PS: I love my Oboz waterproof boots. I had to walk through part of a stream and my feet stayed dry- just an FYI if you are ever looking for boots)
How is Jen feeling after coming back from her friend's? Is she still thinking of moving? I wish I could hug you both in person.

@Cherylndesigns I hear ya on the crummy sleep. Between my normal poor sleep and the dogs waking me up to go outside, I am feeling it too. Have you been drinking your tea?
Scott is leading a walk and talk by the beaver dam tonight, where I was with him on Friday. Part of me wants to go, but the other part is thinking about the mud I'd have to walk through. FP was good, whatever they did about the huge influx of people, they have it under control now.
Blech! The caffeine shakes are the pits. Hope that you were able to enjoy the weather too.

@JeanneMN :waving1 Welcome to the Ooos, Jeanne! I love your story of your background. I'm sure I prefer Bohemian over Czech too. Nothing against being Czech, but Bohemian has a much more free-spirited sound to it. If authentic is jiternici is hard to come by, I don't blame you one bit for making the trek- especially if you w)ere able to visit a winery at the same time. (Personally, I'd skip the meat and go straight to the vineyard :rotfl:

I second everything that Cheryl said too. We are all "unique" (my nice way of saying :crazy: ) but we love it that way.
BTW, I talk mostly about my adult kids. Scott and Caitlyn. Scott lives with his girlfriend Sam and my DD is getting married to Tom in September. They can't find an affordable place to live so they renovated Scott's old bedroom into a LR room for them.
My DH is Gary and my dogs are Whisky and Jaida. If something I wrote doesn't make sense (it happens more than I like to admit LOL!) please just ask!

Hugs to everyone!

JeanneMN

I feel like I've found my kindred souls:heartpumpred::heartpumpred: Most people think I'm odd.......... I tell them I'm unique to them but normal for me and they are their kind of normal. Goes over most people's heads:floorlaugh: I'm at a disadvantage here, I only own digi items from one designer so I've been doing some shopping:giggle4: Don't tell my hubs. Have to get treasures organized because I can't scrap without organization, that's the librarian in me, but everything else I fly by the seat of my pants which I'm trying to shrink.....me, not the pants...but if I shrink I guess they'll shrink too. Once I get my bearings I'll try to sort you all out in my head.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out while Jim and Alyn are still sleeping. Wow... Jim has been like the Energizer Bunny all day yesterday. He found my lost hearing aid in the car (if fell on top of the seat motor under the driver's seat and wasn't visible); then put the new RainShower head in my shower (can't wait to try it out this morning); then we spent most of the afternoon moving computers around and transferring files from DH's computer over to the new HP Tower. I still need to do a bit - like opening and saving my bookmarks and passwords. Plus several other applications. So I am still using my/DH's computer until I get that done. He also made a few suggestions when the new internet/phone installers come next week - to have all the wifi computers up and running - including my 2 laptops that are wireless - so they can make sure that they will connect to the modem. The name and password to the new modem will be different with the new modem/server.

Got a call from my niece Dee in the afternoon.... first thing she asked is if I had been on Facebook that day (no)... then hurried to say "I am okay, Jim is okay and the dogs are okay!!!! They were driving to Billings, Montana from SD... hit a patch of black ice, the truck slid then tipped over on the side, taking the fifth-wheeler trailer and the towed car over with it, then the truck slid around and ended up back upright. Looks like all - the truck, trailer and car are totaled. They are in a motel with a rental car now. Jim's crew were in Billings so they came out to see if they could help. They are going to get a UHaul to load whatever they can salvage from the trailer and put it in storage. I am so glad I talked to Dee before I saw all the photos on Facebook... they would have scared me to death. So thankful that they came through the accident without any major injuries. And I am so glad that Jim and Alyn were here when we got the news!!

I hear them stirring so gotta run. Will pop back in later.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, this has been quite a day already. Son Jim and Alyn left before noon to go back to Vegas as both of their jobs' orientation is happening either Monday or Tuesday. They didn't expect that to happen until later this week. So glad that Jim was able to get the things done that he did yesterday. Talked to DD#3.... she will be heading back here (home) on Wednesday or Thursday. She will wait until the storms are passed MO before getting on the road home. And DD#1 just got to her home (Phoenix) from her weekend retreat in Tucson, And Son-in-law#1 is coming here tomorrow for his eye clinic in Northern NM Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning - then staying with me on Tuesday evening. He has a 3 day "continuing education" seminars Wed-Friday at a resort here in town. Seems like a lot of the family has been/will be traveling this week. And then throw in the eclipse (70% totality here in Albuquerque tomorrow) makes for a not good time to be on the roads. After niece Dee's accident yesterday... it is a bit more stressful with other family members traveling.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings Jen hasn't mentioned moving since she got back from Vancouver so I'll let it be and leave it up to her. Maybe she'll mull it over and decide not to. Either way we won't be renting out the apartment so she can stay as long as she wants to. I checked that boot brand and picked out a hiking boot I really like but I'll have to wait awhile to get them b/c I just bought two new pairs of boots and 2 pairs of slippers last month so I need to take a break from shoe shopping for a bit.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good BB.

I almost didn't make it in here today. I've been on the run since I got up this am. Well, the dogs did it again. Bailee was here and they slept in the living room. They woke me up barking viciously at least four times. Scares the you know what out of me. I finaly gave up and got up with them about 8 let them out, fed them, then went back to bed. The barking again - this time there was another dog in our yard. It wasn't one of ours, which made them even go crazier. Adrienne called and wanted me to go to lunch at Nancy's at 11:30 it was now about 10:30 so I didn't have time to waste. We had lunch with Roger, then headed for the nursery, then to The Dollar General/next door to a cute clothes store; then to the grocery store. Stopped at Starbucks on the way home and indulged.

Ava and her bf stopped by to visit then pick up Bailee, then we had family dinner. I haven't been home too long. I did get the Week 2 Art Journaling Challenge posted before stopping in here.

Chris @faerywings I finally got over the caffeine shakes - note to self - NO more extra shots of espresso. Not good for me. Yes, I'm still drinking my tea, but even that won't help me sleep through two barking dogs. You do get that - although Daisy never needs to go out in the middle of the night - she doesn't normally bark if she's sleeping with me - the other night when she woke up barking was a rarity. I think I'm better off if I just let her sleep with me. She crowds me sometimes and hogs the covers other times, but I've started doing what you said and putting my extra blanket on my pillow so I can throw it on at the last minute. I'm glad the FP was not so crazy - that's a good thing.

Kay @BrightEyes that's so scary about the kids and their truck. Thank goodness it wasn't any worse than it was. It could have been awful. You certainly have a lot going on right now.

Rae @bcgal00 I hope Jen decides to stay and it's encouraging that she hasn't mentioned it.

Jeanne @JeanneMN you are definitely with kindred souls here. We get a little bit crazy in here - some of us get crazier than others. :lol23::spinningchair::pokestick: I hear ya about not having very much product. I remember when I tried to do a month long challenge (at another site) and hardly had any product. Did you know that there are free products in the store? Here's a link: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Freebies-c-287/ Might be a good place to start.

Well, it's getting late and I still need to make my project for the 100 Days. Hugs to everybody.
XOXO