Oscraps

Daily Oooo's Thursday January 21st

LaurieW

lOve the O!
morning all- it is my day off and while I am glad I am home, I was not pleased that my credit card had been used fraudulently-so many calls, new cards on their way and once they arrive I will need to update any autobill places- I need to make a list of those- grrr- but yeah for no great amount of fraudulent purchases, and yeah for stubhub for realizing it was a fraudulent order and cancelling it and replacing the charge on my credit card- I've already had my coffee, but I feel exhausted... so how are your days going?

LaughingSun

I think I woke up today feeling hungry & not nauseous... but it's been so long that I'm not 100% sure lol. wore those wrist bands all night. had to take them off to shower, got nauseous again. DH says it's bullhockey & all in my head. he thinks that they're just taking my mind off it. sheesh lol.

LaurieW... eeks, that's crazy! sucks about all the calls, but glad you caught it quickly!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am here! Stuck in bed at the moment.
Yesterday I got up, got in the shower and then realized I couldn't stand up. I had to call MMG to get me up, dry me off and then dress me.
The vicodin I took didn't help the pain at all and Gary thought it best to take me to the ER. Got some x-rays done (Clara- I thought of you again LOL) and aside from my scoliosis and some arthritis in my spine, they founf nothing with the hips or spine/disks. So pinched nerve it is......
I joked with my fried before-- The dr said I needed to rest for a week. No lifting etc. Gary and I have very different definitions of "rest" and "week" I want to be up and about ASAP. he wants me to be bedridden for the next week :lol:
Nah, actually he is taking very good care of me, and ATM- I can't really walk for more than a few feet anyway. Thank goodness for laptops!

Laurie- that happened to my MIL last month and you are right- it is hard to keep up with you auto-billing. But like you said, thank goodness it was acught early.

AndreaNyx- hope that you are feeling better Are you able to eat a couple of crackers throughout the day? And did I mention ginger essential oil and/or ginger tea?
Ginger tea is really good for nausea. And ginger essential oil- you can mix a couple of drops in a Tbsp of a carrier oil (grapeseed, sweet almond- even cooking olive oil) and rub that into your tummy clockwise circles. Or put a drop or two on a tissue and sniff that.

Happy Thursday!

LaughingSun

Chris: been able to eat little bits of foods here and there :) Didn't know about the gingeroil thing tho, I'll have to get some & try that out :) thanks!! glad you got to get checked out. yep, being in bed sucks, but just imagine how many LOs you can get done. You can even do a page 'from the point of view of the bed'... get DH to get yer camera out lol.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Well - I vented my frustration out on my wii- haven't used it in nearly a year so I worked on it for a while-

chris- feel better

andrea NYX- you feel better too!

LindaPete

Well - we are actually at school today. Two hours late, but we are here. We had freezing rain, sleet, ice, wind, snow - you name it, we had it yesterday. The next storm is on the way for the weekend.
Laurie - love your new avi - stunning. So sorry to hear about the credit card fiasco - glad you caught it early.
Chris - take care of yourself and let your hubby pamper you. Heaven knows you take care of the rest of that brood of yours, let the shoe be on the other foot for a while.
Andrea - hope what you're feeling is really better! Crossing fingers and praying for you!

hondachicc

WEll good afternoon!! I finally made it!! I have a housefull today....Both babies and Cameran...he had a tummy ache this morning so he did not go to school...and DH went to work then he came home, as they found someone to cover his route and he doesn't feel too good either...so....my funfilled day of taking care of everyone!!!

My birthday is today and I want to thank you all for your birthday wishes!! I love you all to pieces!!! No special plans...as those of you have known me for a while...this is one of my issues with my family....I am always planning and making a big fuss over everyone's birthday but no one ever makes a fuss about mine....oh well...this year is to be no different!!

Laurie....that stinks about your credit card!! this happened last year to my paypal account...I had it linked to my checking to auto draft out too...they took out over $1000 ...took me a couple of weeks or so to get my money back too....I was lucky enough that my tax refund had just gone into my account, or I probably would have overdrawn. Stupid thing was...it was ALL music downloads that were purchased!!! Who buys that much music?? Hope you straighten it away quickly!! YAY for the Wii!!!

Andrea/nyx...sweetie...I hate that you deal with this nausea so much!! Chris is right though...ginger tea is really good for it...my Mom swears by it!! Can't hurt to try. (((HUGS)))

Chris....awe sweetie (((HUGS))) gently.......I have had the pinched nerve before!! and one week didn't do it for me!!! took me weeks and physical therapy to get over it!! I hope you heal quickly!! and YAY for MG taking such good care of you!! I am going to say this in my motherly/nana voice "DO WHAT THE DR SAYS AND REST AND DON"T OVER DO IT!!!"

LindaP.....we are having some freezing rain today too..but it finally warmed up last week here...most of the snow is melted and gone....so our grounds are very wet and saturated!!!! Hope the next storm misses you!!!

mrsaboyer

Hey everybody. Yesterday it was 68 and sunny, today it's 41 and rainy. WTH?

Feeling good today, because miraculously everybody slept at least 9+ hours last night. That never ever happens. Gen slept almost 11 hours!!! Can I get a wut-wut? LOL. She did wake up and fret a few times, and I had to put her in bed with me halfway through the night because I heard her wandering around their room, but still, normally she does not sleep anything like that much.

Just now heard on the news that Haitian refugees are likely being shipped right here to Pope AFB! This is a small post, I wonder where they are going to put them! Well, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to help and serve, and I'll see what I can do while the girls are at school. I am excited about this, about the possibility to personally help some people who really need it.

Hey, you sickie people, please get some rest. Chris, I'm SO glad that you Gary is being such a great hubby. I'm sure he is happy for the opportunity to help you when you spend so much time serving him when he needs it. Pinched nerve is no fun, ouch!!

Andrea- Ginger ginger ginger!!! The oil is good to smell, and if you can take sips of ginger tea or even nibble on a little bit of candied ginger, it helps so much. They even tested this on Mythbusters for motion sickness, and it really does work. Plus I just love the smell and taste. MMMmmmMMmmmMM!

LaurieW, I don't envy you having to do all that, but yeah, what a relief that you are able to get it all taken care of. I want a wii! Sounds like fun!

Okay, more math for me!

mrsaboyer

Oh, hey LindaW! YOu posted while I was typin' away! Happy birthday again. I have the same issue with mine, if anything at all happens for me, like if Vince is even home which he usually isn't, he will give me a kiss and that's about it. It's nice, I'm not complaining. He used to give me, like, some CD's that he wanted. LOL
But you know we love ya!! MWAH!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Ah another mini break from attempting to do something- dishes are done- I think I am going to leave the wii out in the living room so I use it everyday- even if only for balance. We have one at work for rehabilitation - you see/hear the 80+ year old women yell at it- they are so competitive! Some of the older kiddo's use it too, actually one of my pts with cerebral palsy has one at home- he is just 5 and he uses it a lot- even tells me about the yoga poses he is doing.

LindaW- maybe you could set a day and celebrate your day whether with yourself or a friend

Linda pete- please be safe and keep your freezing rain!

andreaB - WUT WUT on the sleep- lots of the parents of my kids deal with sleep issues too- one's dr had them try melatonin- you may want to ask gen's dr if that would be a choice for her - How exciting to be able to do a real life in person helping!

hondachicc

AndreaB....That is fantastic you got your sleep last night and everyone else too!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!! I really do understand your situation....if I haven't told you before...from the time Traci turned two until she started Kindergarten..she would goes days with out sleeping...so so did mom!!! and that is awesome you will have the opportunity to help with the hatians.

LaughingSun

AndreaB - wow, how exciting that everybody got a good nights sleep! and how cool that you may get to help the hatians... if they let you take pics, man will you get some awesome ones!!!

LaughingSun

well. I don't have any plain ginger tea, but I have this White Christmas tea... it has Wite tea, peppermint & ginger root... we'll see how that goes. Ginger tea will go on the shopping list tho :)

I also have some fresh ginger that I could boil up as well...

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hello!! Allergies are still aggrevating today. DH thinks I need to revisit the doctor about new medications. ugh!! okay, i was going to write but now i'm not feeling it. i'll come back later. i love you guys though. just feeling blah.

LaughingSun

aw, hope you feel better soon Clara. Agree with DH... go see the doc. I'm trying to convince my DH to get his butt over there too!

just worked for a little over an hour... LOVED it. man, I miss it when I'm not working. Biz is slow right now so she doesn't always send work... but when she does, I'm in heaven :)

off to get M from school... back on much much later ladies, I'm feeling good enough to play with the kidlets tonight hehe... been a while... they won't know what to do with themselves ;)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
It has been a Mii day- but it is better to move than to sit and veg-

clara- feel better- take care of you

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Blech...I don't wanna! I may actually just try some singulair and if that doesn't work then I guess I'll see the doctor. But then I might actually have to walk up the stairs. that is a lot of work. :) I think the answer is sugar free hot chocolate and some chicken noodle soup. I think I'm going to try that first.

LaughingSun

yum! I wish you lived closer Clara, we just happen to have some home made Chicken Noodle Soup... well it's chicken rice, but you get the idea :)

drinkin tea all day means peeing a lot lol

I got a whole bunch of work done, hurray. absolutely love it when work comes my way... it was FUN!!