Oscraps

Confessions from England!

tansy

Ok it's confession time. I was an avid traditional scrapper and always thought that digital scrapping was cheating (I know I know, how dare I). However due to circumstances a few years ago I had to store all my stash and started playing on my laptop well I was hooked and I LOVE it. I am in awe of the layouts you clever people produce and the inspiration you provide is boundless. I just have to get the guts to post some of my own layouts......please be gentle with me!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
:welcome: to the O tansy and do not be afraid to post your layouts- many of mine are quite simple and I don't do clusters and I am not marvelous at blending either, but they are my pages and my memories. So happy you are joining us here!

donnagoar

Welcome Tansy!! Nice to meet you. We all understand that transition to the digi world!:) LOVE to see your pages in the gallery and hope you will share with us.

Love Laurie's words above, 'but they are my pages and my memories.'......well said.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LOL!! It does feel like cheating sometimes, especially if you use the Undo button as much as I do heheh!!

Welcome to the O!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
:welcome: Tansy!! Don't be shy, post away!! We were all newbies once too! Can't wait to see your pages!!

Bush Girl

I hear you Tansy, I was exactly the same; a broken wrist meant I couldn't use my trimmer, followed by relocating and my stash being stored for 6 months - and I emerged as a digiscrapper.

Come & join us on the Dark Side!!

Ellen

yeah, join in the fun of digiscrapping.
So much cleaner and easier to change than the real stuff. It's a journey of discovery and growth. I cringe when I see my first digi pages , did I really make those?
A great way to learn is by doing the challenges and one in particular which takes you step by step learning a new technique - it's this one by Ona

we are our own worst critic - show what you did you'll get plenty of encouragement but above all have fun and yell when you get stuck with something.

val

I think all former paper scrapper feel the cheating thing you speak about
I would say that we just have to think about digiscrap as a plain new craft... and not link it to paper scrap...
It work for me at least!
welcome!
v

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
So glad you took the jump to digital, and I am not surprised at all. As far as posting your layouts, I now look back to the first page I posted and smile. My skills have grown and my style has changed. In digi, the possibilities are endless - and oh so fun. Welcome.

mrstoa

mrstoa
Welcome :hug: Tansy To our "O" Family!
We're into posting love and encouragement to each other and we all have to start somewhere and being at the "O" is the place to begin!
Check out the Copycat challenge too where you'll get a free template!
And if you need goodies to start with check out the Freebies in the shoppe.
Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!
J.

whatnext

know what, Tansy?? it IS kind of cheating. because i can do things digitally that i could NEVER do on paper. NEVER!! that being said, welcome to The O. have some fun. do some art. :wave:

Dutch_Diva

I don't see it as cheating; I see it as 2 different yet similar hobbies ;) Some things you can do with paper and not with digi and the other way around so I say do and enjoy whichever one (or both!) you enjoy best :) Welcome to O-Scraps!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Tansy...when I first heard if digital I thought it sounded crazy and didn't make sense. It took only a couple layouts and the lack of mess and I was hooked! Welcome to oscraps.