Oscraps

Coming on O-ver! :)

Deb7456

Hi all... I've been lurking and thought I'd join you here.

I'm a mom of 2-year-old twins and an 11-month old. I'm temporarily living in New Mexico, planning to head back to the Heartland (Kansas) in a couple years.

I've been digital scrapbooking for about a year - totally love it. My husband likes to remind me that he was the one who said I should give it a try. :D

I've hit a wall with my scrapbooking, and I'm looking for new ideas. :confused: I have SO many kits (including several from Oscraps). But... I'm having trouble making my PHOTOS the highlight of my pages, instead of the kit elements. I think all the elements are so fun, but my family likes to see big pictures on my pages... and ultimately, I'm scrapbooking for them, for the family album.

I decided to head over here because...
1) I saw the September "It's in the Details Challenge" - and THAT'S what I'm looking for!
2) Wow - there's a housework support thread! Haha! I can totally use that.
3) Some of the designers & templates encourage layouts using big pictures... now if I can figure out how to mix in some of those cute 3D elements...

Thanks, admin, for making an open gallery. :cool: I've been browsing through all your layouts for ideas!

See you around!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrstoa

mrstoa
Welcome to our "hOme", Debbie,

I hear the same thing from my family - make the photos bigger!! what's all that 'stuff' for?

Be sure to check out all the challenges - great ideas, templates etc.
Also the freebies - again lots of goodies there too.

And be sure to post your layouts - so we can leave some love!

I know you'll love it here - and many of us are new digi scrappers -
Participating in the challenges has helped me enormously - oh and check out the 52 week Inspirations - I do hope they do it again next year - great value and great inspiration. of course, you can subscribe now and receive all the back issues for 2009

have fun
Jacqueline

Deb7456

And be sure to post your layouts - so we can leave some love!

Oh yeah - I forgot about posting my own layouts! I just moved a few to the oscraps gallery. I don't have many yet that use oscraps products... coming soon... This one uses a couple Junkyard frames, though (by Holliewood):
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=117136&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=2&ppuser=21944
I'm looking at Ninascraps kits, so hopefully I'll have more to share soon!

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Merkee

Debbie, we are an open gallery. You may post any layouts you make regardless of designer. :)

helenh

Hi Debbie ... glad you joined us. Check out some of our other challenges. Really helps get the creative juices flowing ;)

katg1006

Hi Debbie!!! Welcome to the "O" :) You could always start doing double pages...one page featuring a big photo and the 2nd page with all the cool elements and smaller photos :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi Debbie and welcome to the O!! how wonderful that you have come in to join us!! so looking forward to seeing all of your LO's. and yes, big pictures, I love them too but I love the 'white space' look as well so try to compromise as much as possible.....do some biggies and then some small ones!! LOL!!

DianneF

Hi Debbie and welcome! I'm new here, too, and for a lot of the same reasons. I didn't see the housework thread.....I SO need that! lol

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey there Debbie- I am so happy that you are joining us too! Whenever I am stuck and need some inspiration I love trying out the O-challenges. Or I scraplift out of someone's gallery. So fun!

Our house work thread is based on FLYlady- here is this weeks thread!
hOme Organizing Support: Sept 21-27

LSlycord

Welcome to the O Debbie! With three little ones, I'm sure that you've got plenty to scrap. If you are looking for a way to build your O-stash, be sure to participate in some of our challenges. Here's another good challenge that would be great with a large picture and you are playing for an awesome prize!!!

Deb7456

Thanks for the ideas, everybody! Hopefully I'll develop a more album-friendly style... and yes, that might mean working on two page layouts!

I've been working on some of the challenges... ack! The problem with joining at the end of the month is that I have to hurry to meet the deadlines on the ones I want to do! Having fun, though!

hondachicc

Hi Debbie...welcome to the O!! so glad you have jumped in and started playing with us!! YAY!! You will love it here!!!

petey111

Hi Debbie!!!

Welcome to the O! Don't worry about deadlines on the challenges...even if you don't make the deadline, you can make a fabulous page in the challenge theme! And browse the gallery for sure! You probably already know this, but once you find someone whose style you really like, look through their personal gallery. If it's a designer, look at their CT team stuff (most of them have blogs).

I'm probably preaching to the choir because you sound like a pro at this. It's funny thought that you say a more album friendly style with two page layouts....I think I've gone opposite. I always had it in my mind that layouts had to be two pages. Now I rarely do a two-pager! hee hee

Welcome!