Oscraps

**CLOSED** Looking to lose weight? Get healthy? Look no further...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonyr

***THIS IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED NOW***

Thanks so much to everyone who signed up! I'm so excited!!!! We'll be starting up another round in the beginning of April, so be sure to check back if you missed out!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, 2009 is just around the corner and it's time to start the new year off right! :D Are you looking to lose weight? Get healthy? Eat better? But need some support and motivation to do it? Then don't go anywhere!

Right here at the "O", we are going to start a brand new "Healthy O" 12 week challenge! Just in time for the new year! Here are the specifics as of now:

- Starting Friday, January 2, 2009
- Ending Friday, March 27, 2009

- Weigh In will be every Friday (figured this would work out well in case you wanted to cheat a little on the weekends) ;)

- Weekly challenges will be held. (Both physical and other)

- Regular participation is a *MUST*. Please don't sign up and then just drop off the face of the earth. Motivation comes from all of us and we need to stick around to support each other! If you can't participate regularly or you can't put forth the effort to put this as a high priority, please don't sign up right now. You can always sign up for the next round when you have more time to commit to it. :D

- There will be no prizes for this challenge. At times, there *may* be small prizes involved from the lovely Oscraps designers, but remember, the main prize is how you look/feel about yourself. :D

So...you're interested, aren't you?!?! ;) If so, please respond to this thread and we will grant you access to the "Healthy O" forum. This forum is kept private so that only those participating in the challenge can see/read what is in there. This gives us the freedom to get comfortable with each other to share detailed information/problems that we come across.

You have until January 1st at midnight EST to sign up on this thread. After that, we need to close it so that we can get started on Jan 2nd! If you miss out this time, you will have to wait until the next 12 week challenge starts up in the beginning of April. The more the merrier, so sign up now!!! :D

I can't wait to start this journey with all of you and look forward to all the fun and tough love that this challenge will provide!!! {HUGS}

Last edited by a moderator:

lemonyr

List of participants so far: (I'll keep adding your names to the list as people respond below.) :)

Melanie (lemonyr)
Sara (petey111)
Kat (kat1006)
Dixi (2BG)
Tali (t_a_l_i)
Clara (clarabear)
Angela (ange2k25)
Selena (Bush Girl)
Andrea (Andrea C.)
Sandra (sandracvrt)
Chris (faerywings)
Mary Ellen (mei74)
Merkee (Merkee)
Stephanie (sczos911)
Krista (Myoldanlac)
Linda (LindaPete)
Tara (TaraLyn)
Karah (Karah)
Cynthia (Cynthiacozumel)
??? (5peasinapod)
Vicki (VickiStegall)
Kara (MommySpice)
Linda (LSlycord)
Hollie (Hollie H)
Laura (lmccandless)
Karen (Karen48 )
Rainee (rainee)
Michele (scrappinmichele)
Stephanie (stephie)
Cat (Cat)
Nicole (nviars)
Sally (cellomom)
Jamie (Inkspots)
Shelly (Shelly)
Rachelle (jaylensmom)
Nichole (n_eggen)
Jenny (anotherjenny)
Leah (LeahRiordan)
Bobbi
Dawn (snappy2003)
Jennifer (goofy4dj)
Debbie (willow885)
Michele ([Michele])
Kristin (Race Girl)
Sue C (Livelifejoyfully)
Nicole (nicleblanc)
Donna (Danger Girl)
Gina (GinaMiller)
Danielle (danielleym)
Paige (pagebypaige)
Starla (kullstarla)

***everyone added up to this point***

petey111

We were doing well at school weighing in etc., before the holidays and break derailed us. I hope to kick it into high gear now. =)

2BG

My hubby is going away for 2 months (Jan & Feb) so I'll have a little extra time for myself. I'm in.

lemonyr

My hubby is going away for 2 months (Jan & Feb) so I'll have a little extra time for myself. I'm in.

Glad to see you spending time on yourself while he's away! :D Can you tell me your first name so that I can add it up above? Thanks!!

And, Kat...YAY!!! :D

t_a_l_i

:) I'd like to jump in. This will be perfect - we have a wedding in Vegas the first week in April, and I am determined to shape it up before then!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
me! me! me! I have already joined weight watchers but it is hard to get motivated with a room full of strangers. I think this will help me out also. I really need to get healthy. I set up my wii fit the other day and it made me fat. If my mii is fat...I think I need to do something. I'm in!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Mel- I have issues with my weight, but last time around I joined in on the exercise/get healthy parts? Would I be able to join and not weigh myself, but just work on the challenges?

Merkee

I want to join. I started last time but fell off. I really need to get fit and lose weight and pay attention to what I eat. I hope this will make me motivated and more accountable.

sczos911

ME! I want to join. I need accountablity. I am getting "back" on the losing train, but need something new - Challenges would be welcomed. :)

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
I'm in .... ohhhh dear lord help us all!!! Pictures of me ... ack!! LOL!! As long as I don't have to take pictures in a tube top and shorts .... otherwise ... I can't do it!!! LOL!!

t_a_l_i

lol Krista! I hope this isn't the Biggest Loser - if I have to weigh myself on camera in the sports bra and little shorts I will cry.

TaraLyn

I am SO in. I successfully lost about 8 or so last year and kept it off, but not much progress in the past few months. We are eating more healthy at home and having a group to support me and to support in return would be great. Thanks!

lemonyr

I'm in .... ohhhh dear lord help us all!!! Pictures of me ... ack!! LOL!! As long as I don't have to take pictures in a tube top and shorts .... otherwise ... I can't do it!!! LOL!!

:p:p:p Ummm...yeah...kinda how I feel 'bout it too! :p:p:p We *will* be taking pictures, but they are for your own personal use only. You can wear whatever you want and you don't need to show a soul! You *DO* need to have them as reference to look back on when you have a new, FINE body! ;)

lemonyr

And, YAY!!! I have everyone down that has signed up above this post! :D I'm gettin' so excited!

LindaPete

I used a great website with my students last year during a nutrition unit. It allows you to track what you eat, counts the calories for you and does all the math. Calculates what your calorie count should be for the weight loss you want to achieve. Not sure if you can put ouside links here or not so will wait to be advised of such. It may be helpful, I know it really helped me stay on track last year.

lemonyr

Oh, that sounds like a great site! Definitely post a link! :D We'll also have a sticky thread in the Healthy O forum for links to articles/websites/etc that can help us with our weight loss. We'll definitely put this one in there too!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.