Oscraps

Cheryl's 100 Day Challenge

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Traveler's Notebooks, ATC's, etc.

DAY 4- I found some old pictures the other day, in a box up on a shelf in a closet. Here's "little Chuck" that I turned into an ATC. Day 5 Chuck's Sr. Picture. Day 6 Memories of Good Times ATC. Day 7 Rainbow Connection; Day 11 A Day in Detroit. Day 13 - a memory pillow ATC. Day 14 Plane Trip ATC.
Day 15 Chuck and Santa ATC - Day 25 and Day 26 have been added. Day 27 ATC has been added.

day-14-ATC.jpgChuck-and-Santa-300.jpgYoung-Chuck-ATC-300.jpg

Chuck-Sr.-Pic-for-Forum.jpgmemories-atc-300.jpgrainbow--300.jpgDay-11-ATC-300.jpgmemory-pillow-atc.jpgatc-day-25-300.jpgatc-day-26.jpgatc-day-27-300.jpgday 28 atc.jpg

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Day 1 Photography and ATC's Day 31 ATC; Day 32; Day 33 ATC;

My Photo for today turned into a layout.

Chucks-Hat.jpg

My DAY 2 turned out to be quite a project. My youngest DD needed a professional looking headshot for her new job. It could NOT be a selfie or look anything like a selfie. UGH. She asked me to help her and of course I said I would. After several unsuccessful attempts, including the person at her new job declining previous attempts, We finally got the winning shot. The photograph had to be on a white background, too. How many people have a white backdrop just "hanging" around their house, anyway? After about the sixth attempt, she got a friend to take a good shot of her. I "touched up" the original photograph and extracted it and put it on a white background. The woman at her new job said it was perfect and looked like a professional headshot. It will go on her new ID badge. Here is our final result.

100-Day-Project-Day-2-300x400.jpg

DAY 3 POTD

day-3-100-day-project.jpg

Day 8 POTD
My MIL's scrapbook from the 1940's.
Day 9 New Growth POTD

marthas-album-300.jpgnew-growth-resized.jpg
POTD Day - 10 - 4 Years of December Dailies; Day -18 Blue Jean Heaven

POTD-Day-9.jpgBlue-Jean-Heaven.jpg
Day 23 - Photo for the day; Day 24 my granddaughter Ava and the dogs, on our Pack Walk.

flag.jpgava-and-the-dogs.jpgUntitled-1Day-31.jpgday-32.jpgday-33-400.jpg

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Misc. Art Projects - Day 12 another series of ATC's that don't match my "Chuck Series".I used the new Leap Into Spring Big Bundle. Cont'd from post #1: Day 16 - 1st Home ATC; Day 17 Hello Love ATC; Day 18 ATC; Day 19 ATC; Day 20 ATC Chuck in Ft Mers; ATC Day 21 Chuck Grad Pic from GMI; Day 22 ATC Ft Myers 2; DAY 29 ATC; Day 30 ATC;

atc-fr-myers.jpgatc-ft-myers-2.jpgatc-gmi.jpg

atc-young-chuck-LIFE.jpgatc-chuck-and-us-w.jpgatc-100-day-project-300.jpg

hello-love-atc-300.jpgATC-100-Day-Challenge.jpgday-29-atc.jpgatc-day-30.jpg

Attachments

• atc-chuck-ft-myers.jpg
    atc-chuck-ft-myers.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • atc-gmi.jpg
    atc-gmi.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Oh that is so awesome Cheryl! what a great start and I love that you scrapped that fantastic photo as well! :hug2:
Thanks so much, Ona! I putzed around with two or three different ideas yesterday and then had that lightbulb moment to scrap the picture of Chuck's hat. I'm going to add the actually photo to my projects, I forgot to do that.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh, @Cherylndesigns ... what a wonderful idea. Got me to thinking about a few special things of my Bill that I should do.
It was the most beautiful light coming in that window and his hat just looked amazing. I'm going to add the actual photograph to my post. You should definitely scrap something of Bill's - maybe one of his military hats?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Great job on the ID photo sweets! I worked as an IT trainer before I retired and the company also had a strict policy about the type of photo we could use for our ID's! pfffft!!! You don't want to know what I thought about the head security person in charge!! lol!!! :)

Your day 3 is just so beautiful! and more than coincidence I think it was Chuck letting you know that he was still there with you! ♥ :hug2:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns Great job on the ID photo sweets! I worked as an IT trainer before I retired and the company also had a strict policy about the type of photo we could use for our ID's! pfffft!!! You don't want to know what I thought about the head security person in charge!! lol!!! :)

Your day 3 is just so beautiful! and more than coincidence I think it was Chuck letting you know that he was still there with you! ♥ :hug2:
Well, then you know the hassle she went through. She is going to work for a major hospital system, so I guess I can kind of see it. The woman (probably the head of security) was being a real stinker. I was so relieved when she finally said we had a winner. I don't think the book was a coincidence, either. I looked at it as a sign from Chuck, too. :hug2:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
awww, those photos of Chuck are fantastic, he looks so cute as little boy and then such a handsome young man in the second one! You did such a great job on those cards Cheryl! :lovey3: You know, I could just see a whole range of those cards made and just sitting in a big large glass bowl or jar, where you could just put them all in and randomly pick one out every now and then to look at it. Perhaps even write an affirmation of some on the back so give you a little positive boost each day! xx

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
awww, those photos of Chuck are fantastic, he looks so cute as little boy and then such a handsome young man in the second one! You did such a great job on those cards Cheryl! :lovey3: You know, I could just see a whole range of those cards made and just sitting in a big large glass bowl or jar, where you could just put them all in and randomly pick one out every now and then to look at it. Perhaps even write an affirmation of some on the back so give you a little positive boost each day! xx
What a fantastic idea, Ona. He was SO cute and so handsome and always happy. My thought was to put them in those baseball card sleeves - like the Pocket Letters we used to use for the exchanges at TLP. I even have a pretty book that I have all of the cards I've made and traded in. But an affirmation on the back sounds great. https://www.pinterest.com/cheryldesn/pocket-letters/

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
What a fantastic idea, Ona. He was SO cute and so handsome and always happy. My thought was to put them in those baseball card sleeves - like the Pocket Letters we used to use for the exchanges at TLP. I even have a pretty book that I have all of the cards I've made and traded in. But an affirmation on the back sounds great. https://www.pinterest.com/cheryldesn/pocket-letters/
I have a small book of ATC cards but I hardly ever open it. I was going to create a jar similar to these ones I found on Pinterest, thinking they would be nice to look at and could sit on my desk to draw out a daily card. https://www.pinterest.com.au/search/my_pins/?q=affirmation cards in a jar&rs=typed I have a very large one which I can fit my hand into so I have half way there! lol! :)

You know, I was also thinking, that as well affirmations you could write something Chuck was fond of saying on some of them, especially the ones you have made for him. Just another thought. :) Wish my brain would just slow down sometimes! :giggle4:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have a small book of ATC cards but I hardly ever open it. I was going to create a jar similar to these ones I found on Pinterest, thinking they would be nice to look at and could sit on my desk to draw out a daily card. https://www.pinterest.com.au/search/my_pins/?q=affirmation cards in a jar&rs=typed I have a very large one which I can fit my hand into so I have half way there! lol! :)

You know, I was also thinking, that as well affirmations you could write something Chuck was fond of saying on some of them, especially the ones you have made for him. Just another thought. :) Wish my brain would just slow down sometimes! :giggle4:
That's the problem, would I ever really look at them if they're in a book? The jar idea sounds interesting and I have some wide mouthed Mason jars. I love the thought of putting a pretty bow around the top, too. I found a cute one on Amazon that gave me an idea. I also have a display rack that I already have 12 ATC's in - it's wooden and hangs on my wall. I could also do that. I was thinking of having these printed out at Walgreens - they're the same size as small wallet sized pictures. I'd like to add some lace, etc. to them too once they're printed out. That's what I used to do with the Pocket Letters. I'm like you, I have so many ideas whirling around in my head. At least I have a start. :spinningchair::crazy:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... Cheryl... love those photos of Chuck when he was younger. Like the idea of ATCs and maybe putting them in a jar or small basket on your desk or kitchen. I used to make them and print several of them out on cardstock and cutting them with a paper cutter. It is easy to do. Hmmmm... another project... if I run out of projects to do. :lol23: :rotfl::floorlaugh: :busy1:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow... Cheryl... love those photos of Chuck when he was younger. Like the idea of ATCs and maybe putting them in a jar or small basket on your desk or kitchen. I used to make them and print several of them out on cardstock and cutting them with a paper cutter. It is easy to do. Hmmmm... another project... if I run out of projects to do. :lol23: :rotfl::floorlaugh: :busy1:
Yes, Kay, add ATC's to your list of things to do. :floorlaugh:

After looking at the link Ona sent me, I have lots of wide mouth Mason jars. There are lots of cute ideas on Amazon, too. I like your idea of a basket, too. That would be easier to get my hands in. I could provbably even buy individual sleeves for each one so that they stay nice. I don't have a working printer, unless I can figure out how to hook Chuck's up to my computer, so I'll have to have them printed. I'm going to tackle the printer maybe next week. Printers don't like me very much. We don;t play well together. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My Day 13 (Chuck) ATC is posted. A friend asked Ava for one of Chuck's shirts and had a memory pillow made with it. It's just precious. The label says "Here's a shirt I used to wear. Hold it close and know I'm there. Love, Chuck :heartpumpred:"

shirt-pillow.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Wow! I love your ATC cards Cheryl and think its a fabulous idea to keep them in a Mason jar for easy access.
Thanks, Jane! I've ordered individual holders (think baseball card clear plastic holders) to put them in after I get them printed and put a memory or an affirmation on the back. I know I'd enjoy that and so would my family rather than stick them in an album. :heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh the pillow is just wonderful Cheryl! what a lovely gift and great idea! I have seen quilts made with clothing for a loved one but not a pillow! ♥ Well done in keeping up girl!! :bowdown3: :beatingheart:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh the pillow is just wonderful Cheryl! what a lovely gift and great idea! I have seen quilts made with clothing for a loved one but not a pillow! ♥ Well done in keeping up girl!! :bowdown3: :beatingheart:
Thanks, Ona. I just love that pillow - it's so unique and I had to scrap it. :hug4:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Day 15 ATC has been added in Post #1 Boy did this one bring back some warm and fuzzies. We went to a big company Christmas party and Chuck was so handsome and charismatic that even Santa picked him out of the big crowd. Chuck was always such a good sport and went right up in front of all of his coworkers (most who worked for him) to be part of the entertainment. I was always amazed at how "off the cuff" he was - I couldn't get in front of people for anything and it just rolled off his back.