Oscraps

Checking in on our hurricane Ida's path folks?

Danesa

Danesa
A check-in for our folks affected by the storm. We'd love to hear if you're ok.
I've been thinking of and praying for you, who were in the storm's path. There was such a large swath covered by it...so many family and friends affected by it. I hope you are able to find all the help and resources you need.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
A check-in for our folks affected by the storm. We'd love to hear if you're ok.
I've been thinking of and praying for you, who were in the storm's path. There was such a large swath covered by it...so many family and friends affected by it. I hope you are able to find all the help and resources you need.
It's just awful! I'm constantly thinking and praying for the victims, too.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I third this! We got some crazy rain one night from the edge of it and if that was any indication, it was bad for those directly impacted! Thoughts and prayers to them all. I know that at least one of our cheery O's is without power for now.

Danesa

Danesa
I just can't imagine the devastation AND contending with the heat and humidity, on top of everything else. When I lived in Florida, and we had the 3 hurricanes, one after the other, in central Florida, it was a life of nightmares, with weeks without electricity. We were fortunate in that we had family, about 2 hours away, that had electricity. Cleanup is a whole nightmare in itself.

Lots of prayers going out to them, from so many.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am worried about Nancy-- has anyone seen her online in a while? NJ got hit with Ida very badly- not as bad as LA but half of the state is declared a disaster area. When I was down the shore a few days ago, I was chatting with a woman from the same town as her and she said that half of the town was devastated with flooding and trees down, cars swept away.

scrap-genie

I am worried about Nancy-- has anyone seen her online in a while? NJ got hit with Ida very badly- not as bad as LA but half of the state is declared a disaster area. When I was down the shore a few days ago, I was chatting with a woman from the same town as her and she said that half of the town was devastated with flooding and trees down, cars swept away.
I share your worry about Nancy. I know there is a lot of water near her. Please let us know if you learn anything!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I looked on FB and the last I saw of her on my page was a Like of a page I uploaded on the 2nd, that was before Ida hit NJ, right?

FloridaGranny

I'm still new-ish here and am not sure who Nancy is, but we are visiting our son in central NJ and their whole neighborhood got flooded. His basement (which is also our "guest room" and his home office) got destroyed. It wasn't as bad as many folk had it; it's only stuff not lives, but it was still very sad and disheartening. I hope your Oscrap friend Nancy is OK.

nancyr

Omgosh I am so sorry if I had you all worried. Hurricane Ida deviated parts of my town. My town made the national news for all the wrong reasons. My home is on top of a hill so that all the run off goes down to a creek at the end of our street that in times of torrential rain turns the street into a river. Cars on the street get flooded. At the end is the river and apartments and as the river rose fast and people could not get home cars ended up under water. Our sump pump went down for a while so we ended up with a few inches that ruined some stuff but I guess it makes the fact it helped clean out stuff we no longer needed was a good thing. But to see all that is lost from peoples homes is so sad. Our river really overflowed and it flowed so fast that picnic tables and park benches were moved. I knew something was bad when helicopters were flying over our city. The President and Governor visited and we are part of the disaster zone for FEMA help. We lost shingles off the roof. It has been sad.

Thanks for the caring.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Omgosh I am so sorry if I had you all worried. Hurricane Ida deviated parts of my town. My town made the national news for all the wrong reasons. My home is on top of a hill so that all the run off goes down to a creek at the end of our street that in times of torrential rain turns the street into a river. Cars on the street get flooded. At the end is the river and apartments and as the river rose fast and people could not get home cars ended up under water. Our sump pump went down for a while so we ended up with a few inches that ruined some stuff but I guess it makes the fact it helped clean out stuff we no longer needed was a good thing. But to see all that is lost from peoples homes is so sad. Our river really overflowed and it flowed so fast that picnic tables and park benches were moved. I knew something was bad when helicopters were flying over our city. The President and Governor visited and we are part of the disaster zone for FEMA help. We lost shingles off the roof. It has been sad.

Thanks for the caring.
You have NO idea how relieved I am to see you here! So glad that you are OK, even if a bit soggy. xo

Danesa

Danesa
Nancy, I'm so thankful you're safe. I'm so sorry for all the damage and devastation in your area. Thank you for checking in.