Oscraps

calling all our NZ friends

helenh

Hello Kathryn and other Kiwi's!

I see Kathryn is in Wellington (but I believe the quake could be felt from there also!)

I hope anyone on the south island is safe and loved ones are okay.

Sending you very best wishes.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
oh yes!! hope you are all safe sound over there across the water!! thinking of you!! :)

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Yikes ... I only just heard about this on the news this morning!!! Hope everyone is sound & sound too.

KathrynWilson

It's pretty crazy stuff I must admit. We slept through it but our family in other suburbs felt it. Where we live is about an hour 20m or so by plane to where the earthquake was. I have a few friends & family there who are all fine, but the pics are crazy, all the huge cracks opening up in the ground and whatnot. It's so amazing and lucky that there weren't casualties. Now the weather across the whole country has turned to crap and it looks like where I live we're in for a flood. Wow!

And on behalf of all the Kiwis - thanks for your nice thoughts!

ourmisadventures

Glad you're OK Kathryn!!

We had a real scare -- one of our good kiwi friends was in the epicenter of the earthquake -- but the day before!! He lives outside of Hastings, but was down south for snow boarding.

helenh

OH Kathryn! I have seen the pics and it's just amazing! Has there been one this bad before? And now we have sent out terrible flood weather south to you ... is it neverending! Batten down the hatches, the wind storm and consequent rain was TERRIBLE on the weekend!

Take care!

KathrynWilson

Nope this is pretty much the worst for about 60+ years... and everyone always figured that when that happened it would happen where I live as we're right on the fault line! Pretty much everyone has somewhere to stay and power and water and stuff now, so it's looking okay.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kathryn- how scray. I am really glad to hear that you are ok. Hope that floods stay far away form you.

hondachicc

KATHRYN!!! So glad all is okay!!! Sorry to hear about the floods!!! Completely understand this!! We live in a valley completely surrounded by mountains....If it rains hard all day long, it floods somewhere around here!!! HOPE YOU STAY DRY Sweetie!!!

KathrynWilson

The rivers have eased now, so we're good, but the poor folk who live where the earthquake happened are being rocked by some pretty hardcore aftershocks :(