Oscraps

AUGUST PROJECTS - Anything to share?

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Very cool, Susie - love the "feel" of this! I post 700 x 700 images on IG all the time. Yours is rectangular, isn't it? I use an app called Liner Upper when I have something rectangular. That might be your problem. You shouldn't have to go down that small.
oh it posted fine on IG full sized. It just wouldn't upload here until I sized it down to 400 px/72 dpi.

pachimac

CHEERY O
If people are on IG then it would work, they would see your pic, but not a lot of people actually use IG is what I meant. :) and yeh, I normally resize anything I want to post here in the forum, just like you would for a layout to upload to the gallery. It looks a fantastic page by the way, I like how she is looking out of the window, deep in thought.

That was the feeling I was trying to evoke. I grabbed the girl pretty much straight off of Shawn Petite, but the rest was me interpreting it differently than she did. I am not at the level of drawing without a model yet. LOL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Although this was not a project that I did this August I wanted to share with you a canvas that I did in mixed media for my granddaughter Sadie. I was happy to see this still hanging on her bedroom wall during our recent visit and I was thinking how much fun I had when making this! I really would love to do another for myself. Lots of different spray inks and old paint brushes some chipboard items and paper flowers and butterflies. Buttons galore, so much fun!!

Sadies.jpg

scrap-genie

Although this was not a project that I did this August I wanted to share with you a canvas that I did in mixed media for my granddaughter Sadie. I was happy to see this still hanging on her bedroom wall during our recent visit and I was thinking how much fun I had when making this! I really would love to do another for myself. Lots of different spray inks and old paint brushes some chipboard items and paper flowers and butterflies. Buttons galore, so much fun!!

Trudy @taxed4ever that is so beautiful. I'm sure we must have seen it when new, but so good to see again. By all means, create one for yourself.

And does this mean that you're home again?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Trudy @taxed4ever that is so beautiful. I'm sure we must have seen it when new, but so good to see again. By all means, create one for yourself.

And does this mean that you're home again?
Yes home again, but taking a few more days to relax and catch up on our sleep again. Took a lot longer to get home, but that's another story that I will share in a few days LOL.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O

View attachment 377631
Trudy that is amazing and I am sure your GDD will cherish for many more years to come!!! I have never done a board before, maybe one of these days I will work up the courage! lol!! I love the colours you chose.......... reminds me a lot of the work by Finnabair. Stunning work! ♥♥♥

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Here's the little piece I did at today's weekly art session using the last sheet in my original watercolor pad. In addition to collage and watercolor pencil I resorted to regular colored pencils as well.

View attachment 377636
Oh goodness, another work of art Jean! LOVE the colours and your overall abstract design is incredible! for me I get the feeling of some sort of bromeliad plant and of course the purples are gorgeous!! ♥♥♥

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
AHHH, I usually size mine at 400 or so to post on the board. I don't know what the size limit is.

Apparently not 600!! Lmao!
Well it's not the dimensions so much it's the size in kb. So keep the size under 200kb and the longest size of your photo at around 700 - 800 pixels and you should be fine. This is a page I did recently, using magazine cut outs, acrylic paints, alcohol inks, stamped tissue paper. I used an old tissue roll dipped in white paint to create the circles. The larger black and white flower 'sketches' and word titles were from magazine advertisement for running shoes. lol!

The size of this picture is 163kb and the longest side is 800 pixels1-DOUBLE-PAGE.jpg

pachimac

CHEERY O
Well it's not the dimensions so much it's the size in kb. So keep the size under 200kb and the longest size of your photo at around 700 - 800 pixels and you should be fine. This is a page I did recently, using magazine cut outs, acrylic paints, alcohol inks, stamped tissue paper. I used an old tissue roll dipped in white paint to create the circles. The larger black and white flower 'sketches' and word titles were from magazine advertisement for running shoes. lol!

The size of this picture is 163kb and the longest side is 800 pixelsView attachment 377649
Darn girl - you are awesome at this!!!!

Veronika

this is so dreamy and creative, such a wonderful idea- love it♥

Veronika

The size of this picture is 163kb and the longest side is 800 pixelsView attachment 377649
absolutely gorgeous- love your idea and all the stamps and paint!

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Loving all the creative work here!
I've been working in multimedia with collage and watercolor pencil in a small watercolor pad. I've posted a few here before. I got down to the last few sheets and wanted a new one but the store didn't have it. I tried their online store and it wasn't there either nor any other in the same size spiral bound. Instead I ordered one smaller and one larger. All three are different brands but the paper is 140 lb, cold press in all. But it differs. The new small one is only 5" x 7" including the part in the spiral. It isn't the same texture and maybe thinner. I had to try it out with different types of paper in the collage, ink, and watercolor pencil. I like what I did but the paper didn't hold up as well as it should, I think. The small size means it will be easy to carry around though, so I'll keep using it that way.

View attachment 377589
I love the colors of this! It's so very awesome! That's talent I can only dream about!

Vicki Robinson

Designer

View attachment 377631
Holy Moly! Could this be any more fabulous? Sadie, Sadie, lucky lady!!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Not to spam everyone, but I spent more time arting in August than has been typical for me. I'm finding that the mental health benefits are significant, so I'm going to try to adjust my design schedule accordingly. The 4-5 hour sessions with Jana — @jlholden15 — have been a lifesaver for me as we deal with all the family crap that's been going on seemingly forever. I'm way too old for this !$%#! Silver lining time. Lol.

A two-pager in my Strathmore soft cover 8x10. Those floral transfers are by Katie Pertiet. I just can't stop journaling with my gold Signo.

journal-pages-aug-01.jpg

Another two-pager in my Dylusions 8x5. I almost always scan my backgrounds as they are in progress so that I can use them in my digital kits and this one will for sure make it into a collection before the end of the year. In fact, the papers are already done, and believe it or not, I got TWENTY papers out of it.

journal-pages-aug-02.jpg

This 6x6 is a Joggles ring-bound page (the same type I used for the cat page I shared in a post above. It's the third of the five-week mixed media scavenger hunt challenge (meaning they tell us 5 things that must be included on the page) we found on Insta.

journal-pages-aug-03.jpg

Week 4 of that challenge — I need to use an arc, a deer, something orange, a stencil, and something "see through" — so I bagged some deer. Lol! Side story. Maybe 10 years ago Mr. Me and I were in our golf cart coming back from a tournament we had played in. I looked up just in time to see three deer on the ridge. The sun was going down, so they were actually silhouetted. Luckily I had my phone and got a pretty decent shot. I extracted the deer from that photo and then printed them. They are not quite fussy cut to make them more like stickers and the white you see on them is paint spatter.

journal-pages-aug-04.jpg

After we finished our challenge pages, Jana and I decided we'd decorate the cover of the journal we each set aside for our joint arting projects. I'd completely forgotten how much fun it is to just create texture. First I added layers of acrylic to the front and back. Then absolutely hated the colors. Lol. I just kept laying down (mostly dry-brushing) and wiping away paint layers until I was happier. The frond is a Dina Wakley stencil — I spread super heavy gesso over it and then once it dried sort of "stained" it with a variety of transparent paints and some iridescent mica powder I didn't know I had (!!!!!). Then I had to add more layers of paint around the raised surface to blend everything together. I ended up glazing the entire top — a process where you lay down a very thin coat of very liquid transparent paint (this was a Golden's fluid acrylic), let it sit for a minute or two and then wipe it away. It helps make everything feel more cohesive. It's a pity that the camera can't pick up how that frond glows because it's swoon-able fabulous (if I do say so myself). Lol

journal-pages-aug-05.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Not to spam everyone, but I spent more time arting in August than has been typical for me. I'm finding that the mental health benefits are significant, so I'm going to try to adjust my design schedule accordingly. The 4-5 hour sessions with Jana — @jlholden15 — have been a lifesaver for me as we deal with all the family crap that's been going on seemingly forever. I'm way too old for this !$%#! Silver lining time. Lol.

A two-pager in my Strathmore soft cover 8x10. Those floral transfers are by Katie Pertiet. I just can't stop journaling with my gold Signo.

View attachment 379094

Another two-pager in my Dylusions 8x5. I almost always scan my backgrounds as they are in progress so that I can use them in my digital kits and this one will for sure make it into a collection before the end of the year. In fact, the papers are already done, and believe it or not, I got TWENTY papers out of it.

View attachment 379095

This 6x6 is a Joggles ring-bound page (the same type I used for the cat page I shared in a post above. It's the third of the five-week mixed media scavenger hunt challenge (meaning they tell us 5 things that must be included on the page) we found on Insta.

View attachment 379096

Week 4 of that challenge — I need to use an arc, a deer, something orange, a stencil, and something "see through" — so I bagged some deer. Lol! Side story. Maybe 10 years ago Mr. Me and I were in our golf cart coming back from a tournament we had played in. I looked up just in time to see three deer on the ridge. The sun was going down, so they were actually silhouetted. Luckily I had my phone and got a pretty decent shot. I extracted the deer from that photo and then printed them. They are not quite fussy cut to make them more like stickers and the white you see on them is paint spatter.

View attachment 379097

After we finished our challenge pages, Jana and I decided we'd decorate the cover of the journal we each set aside for our joint arting projects. I'd completely forgotten how much fun it is to just create texture. First I added layers of acrylic to the front and back. Then absolutely hated the colors. Lol. I just kept laying down (mostly dry-brushing) and wiping away paint layers until I was happier. The frond is a Dina Wakley stencil — I spread super heavy gesso over it and then once it dried sort of "stained" it with a variety of transparent paints and some iridescent mica powder I didn't know I had (!!!!!). Then I had to add more layers of paint around the raised surface to blend everything together. I ended up glazing the entire top — a process where you lay down a very thin coat of very liquid transparent paint (this was a Golden's fluid acrylic), let it sit for a minute or two and then wipe it away. It helps make everything feel more cohesive. It's a pity that the camera can't pick up how that frond glows because it's swoon-able fabulous (if I do say so myself). Lol

View attachment 379098
WOW!!! Vicki these are fabulous and just love that cover, I feel like running my fingers over it!!! lol!!! I love that you were able to get so many digital pages out of that AJ page you create, how great is that! ♥