Oscraps

Are you a one-kit scrapper?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I must admit I am... I rarely mix kits, let alone designers (unless it's a template but that's different). Not that I never ever pull elements from several kits, but more often than not I stick to just one because there is this pesky voice inside my head telling me not to fix what ain't broken - everything in the kit I'm working with is color- and theme-coordinated, so trust the designer rather than go opening a million other folders on your sreen... What about you? I know many mix and match...

Hmm... That being said, however, I like adding interest to my pages using paper textures (folds, creases etc - Anna Aspnes has so many tools in her store) or distressed text like these scripted brushes from Lynne Anzelc.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
For my personal pages I like to mix and match. I start with one kit and then move on to another with similar colors or brushes/stamps/paint, etc that will work in my design. I generally stick with combining a few kits, it makes it easier to keep track of the credits.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Most of the time I stick to one kit, or maybe mixing stuff from one designer. I rarely mix designers, unless I need something special to tell the story or something like that. I think it's mainly because I've been on so many CTs, that I've gotten used to the routine. Now that I'm a "free agent", I try to break free from this, but it's not easy.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
i love to mix things up. I will sometimes stick to a kit or collection if CT work or a challenge requires it otherwise I am gonna combine things.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
it depends. If I am doing CT/CheeryO work, it obviously depends on what that requirement is.
Overall, I lean more towards using one main kit with some extra things pulled from other kits.

However- I notice that when I am scrapping for CT where I *need* to use only one kit, I struggle. OTOH, when I can use however many kits/designers that I like, I can find everything I need in one kit. Finny how that works, right? ;)

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I definitely lean towards one-kit scrapping, but will pull from other kits if I need to. Part of the problem is that I haven't tagged things in my stash, so if a designer doesn't name her elements, I won't find them if I try to search for a specific item outside of the kit I'm already using.

scrap-genie

Never having done CT I've gotten used to using whatever I like in LOs. I mix kits and designers all the time. It does make listing what I've used a challenge. As to color, you can recolor anything.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
for my ct work:
when I get a new kit/collection from the store I use that kit and do not mix,
when I scrap with kits from my stash I mix and match, depending on what I need.

LazyDaisy

Someone very cheeky pointed out this thread… @faerywings Its good as I’m not very good at chatting in threads. I know I have reached 19 packs/kits as my record on Oscraps for one page/lo, which is slowly becoming the norm, especially after big sales, lol. I love working the way I do, it’s an appreciation of all the beautiful work the designers create, for me. I’ve had to learn how to keep track, I have a few ways but at the end I use a notebook app & I put will use one card for each challenge, to put all the credits & a copy of the page/lo attached so it’s my weird digital scrapbook, checking each layer is in the card, whew! Maybe I can encourage someone to try it. You have to really put everything in a jar then shake. I think it may kill the perfectionists as it requires a lack of planning. Lol. Sorry JK!!!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Someone very cheeky pointed out this thread… @faerywings Its good as I’m not very good at chatting in threads. I know I have reached 19 packs/kits as my record on Oscraps for one page/lo, which is slowly becoming the norm, especially after big sales, lol. I love working the way I do, it’s an appreciation of all the beautiful work the designers create, for me. I’ve had to learn how to keep track, I have a few ways but at the end I use a notebook app & I put will use one card for each challenge, to put all the credits & a copy of the page/lo attached so it’s my weird digital scrapbook, checking each layer is in the card, whew! Maybe I can encourage someone to try it. You have to really put everything in a jar then shake. I think it may kill the perfectionists as it requires a lack of planning. Lol. Sorry JK!!!
wow, Mel, ... 19 kits in one layout is a lot... I rarely use 2-3 so I can just scroll through the layers and see where what doesn't belong to the main kit came from - I usually remember which elements I had to open another folder for... lol.. just trying to keep my credits tidy I guess...
On a different note, great to see you heree in the forums - they are worth checking out :)

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Never having done CT I've gotten used to using whatever I like in LOs. I mix kits and designers all the time. It does make listing what I've used a challenge. As to color, you can recolor anything.
It's true, Jean, recoloring gets you a long way...

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
it depends. If I am doing CT/CheeryO work, it obviously depends on what that requirement is.
Overall, I lean more towards using one main kit with some extra things pulled from other kits.

However- I notice that when I am scrapping for CT where I *need* to use only one kit, I struggle. OTOH, when I can use however many kits/designers that I like, I can find everything I need in one kit. Finny how that works, right? ;)
lol... this is the way we human beings have been wired I guess...

Amandajk

I rarely stick to only one kit - I try to contain myself because of tracking everything. LOL
@Cherylndesigns YEP- just like me, or Im like you, LOL.. I have made probably 3 pages with ONE kit/designer. And it was just not "me".
So my answer is definitely NOT! I did a page with something from each designer at a site for an annual challenge. It was "fun" #mad#crazywhen it came time for credits!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns YEP- just like me, or Im like you, LOL.. I have made probably 3 pages with ONE kit/designer. And it was just not "me".
So my answer is definitely NOT! I did a page with something from each designer at a site for an annual challenge. It was "fun" #mad#crazywhen it came time for credits!!
Doing the credits definitely makes me crazy!!!!#crazy#crazy

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu

Just WOW! 19 packs/kit. That's impressive. It feels like a challange! :D

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
that must have been one hell of a challenge... I hate doing credits, one more reason to stick to one kit!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Just WOW! 19 packs/kit. That's impressive. It feels like a challange! :D
Don't do it Eva..... I don't think an ADHD Brain is gonna handle it well!! :D
giphy.gif

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Since a lot of the pages I make are for CT work, most of them are done using 1 kit. The exceptions are when it comes to Color Play and then I may use 1-3 kits on them. If I mix kits, I try to remember to write down info on items used while I am still in PSE and can see all the layers.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Except for some challenges, or new release layouts, I normally mix designer's items. Occasionally I'll use just one. If we didn't have a limit of three on the CheeryO team, I'd probably use more. I love mixing the designs and styles. :)

Kythe

CHEERY O
1-3 kits for CT work but mostly 1. Multiple for personal work
Credits for me is easy as I have a system.
I have a folder for each designer. In that folder is a preview file where all the previews go by date bought. Every kit by that designer has a separate file within the designer folder.
Also in the folder,I have a word document with all the links by date. When I go to do credits all I do is copy and paste the link into the table I keep with all the LO's I do for each month. I list the places where I post in the posting column. When I have posted a LO I turn the font green. That way I know at a glance if I have posted and where.
The table I keep track with is below. (Click on it to make bigger.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-16 103220.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-16 103220.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3

zanthia

CHEERY O
definitely a one kit scrapper as pretty much i only do ct work - an exception may be for a color play layout