Oscraps

April Art Journaling Challenge Week One: GROWTH

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Welcome to our April Art Journaling Challenge - and our topic we will be delving into is GROWTH. This is a subject that is very broad, and it really is personal to each of us. Illustrate this concept through images of blooming flowers, expanding trees, or any other symbols of development. Our "challenge" is to give you quotes and ideas to get your brain thinking on how GROWTH is present in your life right now. This quote really stood out to me. At first glance it seems negative, but it's really challenging to me!

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success; we often discover what we will do by finding out what we will not do; and probably one who never makes a mistake never made a discovery."—Samuel Smiles.

For me personally, I find my greatest growth has always come from some of the greatest pains in my life. I guess in some ways I'm that person that sometimes needs a consequence or a threat of a consequence to wake me up.

Here are a few more quotes to get your mind going:

“It's only after you've stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.”

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.”

“The past has no power over the present moment.”

You can choose to do a single page each week, or do a divided template - one part for each week. If you don't have the Divided Template and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Thank you to Ona @wombat146 for providing the template choices for us! If you do the template, we would love it if you would post it incrementally. Post one done in the first week, post an image of the two together on the second, and three on the third, and then the finished page on the fourth week.

Again - the template is NEVER a requirement to use, just something fun and different if you want to use it.

Here is a prompt/mood/color board of images and quotes that inspired me. You can use it for the color palette, the quotes, the images, not use it at all, or whatever it inspires you to scrap.

April24MoodBoard.jpg

Here is my page:

Credits:
Mixed Media by Erin | Fusion
Mixed Media by Erin | Uplifted

Rachel Jefferies Lynn Grieveson | Growth is Hard

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about GROWTH.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30th to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I didn't use the actual word growth, but I used symbolism to represent the word, instead. I've been reading a lot about the cycles of grief - they just go round and round. The woman in the left bottom corner is deep in grief, the lady at the top looks somewhat hopeful and the lady on the right looks quite "put together". I hope I'm "put together" one of these days. I don't feel very "put together" most days. It honestly seems like I go through these (and other) cycles on a daily basis. These challenges are definitely helping me get some of my feelings out and to me, that's what Art Journaling is all about.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I didn't use the actual word growth, but I used symbolism to represent the word, instead. I've been reading a lot about the cycles of grief - they just go round and round. The woman in the left bottom corner is deep in grief, the lady at the top looks somewhat hopeful and the lady on the right looks quite "put together". I hope I'm "put together" one of these days. I don't feel very "put together" most days. It honestly seems like I go through these (and other) cycles on a daily basis. These challenges are definitely helping me get some of my feelings out and to me, that's what Art Journaling is all about.

This is fantastic!!! I am so happy you have found a way to deal with your feelings!!