Oscraps

All About Me

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I'm working on a cousin's 2020 Virtual Graduation book. I thought having an All About Me page would be great to have and look back on 20 years from now. I've done some searches and most of these online seem to immature, geared more for younger children. I could use your help and ideas on the types of questions to give Jonathan on him- favorites, viewpoints, etc.
I can't wait to hear what you suggest and you'll see them translated on a future scrapbook page.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I took a look on the internet and I understand what you mean by immature. I don't know how old Jonathan is, about 18 I think?
I have an 18 years old son. He is living his own live, doing his own things, but sometimes we sit down together and talk about stuff that is meaningful to him. It always surprises me how much he thinks about global stuff like climate, politics, poverty around the world, inequality, racism etc.
Perhaps some questions about how he feels about those things.
Something about his past, most special memory, friends or school and how that relates to who he is now.
A question about how he thinks his life will look like in 10 or 20 years.
But also some lighter questions, like is there something he really wants to do. Something like riding a motorcycle, or paragliding flying a plain or airballoon or so.
Is he a reader, or a do-er. Does he want to become a dad, and if yes how does he think that would be.
About himself, what kind of person he is, what is important to him. favorite hobby, introvert or extravert, does he want his opinion to be known, or is he more the quiet type, is he adventurous, does he want to travel etc.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
thanks for the feedback. yes, all the ones online are very immature. these are some great ideas. I don't know him well and mom is not focusing on this enough to give me things to contribute the book. I'm going to show her some pages and hopefully that will inspire her. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Jeanette has some really excellent ideas. I am not sure if I could come up with anything different or better.
I think in general, we (royal we LOL) tend to see teens as more one-dimensional than they actually are, as Jeanette is sharing with her own DS. Tapping into that is a great way to go. Another question along the lines she suggested would be asking about the protests that have been occurring over the last several years- March for Our Lives in 2017 up to the George Floyd ones now, teens are showing up. You can ask is he has attended any of these, when he was younger did he think he would, and in the future, will he continue?
Also b/c is it is 2020, you will have to ask how COVID has impacted his plans for the future... (booooo)

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
another great suggestion. thank you so much!

Jeanette has some really excellent ideas. I am not sure if I could come up with anything different or better.
I think in general, we (royal we LOL) tend to see teens as more one-dimensional than they actually are, as Jeanette is sharing with her own DS. Tapping into that is a great way to go. Another question along the lines she suggested would be asking about the protests that have been occurring over the last several years- March for Our Lives in 2017 up to the George Floyd ones now, teens are showing up. You can ask is he has attended any of these, when he was younger did he think he would, and in the future, will he continue?
Also b/c is it is 2020, you will have to ask how COVID has impacted his plans for the future... (booooo)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
What about what a perfect Saturday looks like to him?
What's his favorite comfort food?
What games he's currently playing?