Oscraps

Adobe New Photoshop ONLY thru CC

mrstoa

mrstoa
I just read on Laura Shoe's site that Adobe has announced the new version of Photoshop will ONLY be available thru the Creative Cloud.

Apparently they will sell CS 6 but not sure how long check out her blog....

Lightroom and Elements will continue to be sold as standalone products

I have CS4 - is it worth upgrading to CS6??

I can't afford to signs up for CC tho they do offer discount to Photoshop users for a year, I believe

Would be interested to hear your opinions?

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
Thanks for posting the petition address. There's no way most average digiscrapbookers, especially those of us who don't design for a living, can afford a Creative Cloud subscription.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Thanks for posting the petition address. There's no way most average digiscrapbookers, especially those of us who don't design for a living, can afford a Creative Cloud subscription.

That's how i think about it also.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
There's a petition you can sign asking them not to make CC mandatory...may not do any good, but....

http://www.change.org/petitions/ado...atory-creative-cloud-subscription-model#share

The link is not working for me, anyone else able to get through?

ITA with you all, its really not a fair thing to do. Who knows if the petition will help, but it can't hurt.

J- for the type of scrapping we do, I would think that CS4 would be fine to stay with but maybe there is a free trial somewhere to try the newest version out?

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
The link is not working for me, anyone else able to get through?

ITA with you all, its really not a fair thing to do. Who knows if the petition will help, but it can't hurt.

J- for the type of scrapping we do, I would think that CS4 would be fine to stay with but maybe there is a free trial somewhere to try the newest version out?

No it's not working

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I use elements so I don't think this would affect me but it seems strange. I need to look into it more.

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
The link hung the first time I clicked it, but when I tried a second time it went through to the page, so it looks like the petition is still open. :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I was just looking through it all and it doesn't seem like a bad deal for people who use creative suite and are upgrading on a regular basis. I am by no means in a big hurry to purchase it but you can get it for $20-40 a month instead of shelling out the full amount. It's basically a rental program instead of a purchasing program. I think as long as they keep CS6 available it's not a bad program. All the ancillary programs like Lightroom and Illustrator are included so for those starting new it seems much less daunting than the full price. I am perfectly happy with PSE and have no intention of using CS anytime soon...so that's just my thoughts on it. It seems like an interesting program and I am curious how it will go over.

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
A reason to sign this petition even if you are happy with CS6 and can't see yourself ever upgrading further - there is no guarantee that CS6 will work forever, since operating systems are constantly being upgraded. Bridge CS4 constantly crashed on my Leopard install, forcing me to move to CS5 and some of my Mac user group members say that certain older versions of CS products no longer work for them in Mt. Lion.