Oscraps

A Rude Encounter

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh Evelyn, I am just 'gobsmacked', what a rude and ignorant person. I am normally a patient and kind person (I think), but I cannot stand rudeness and if I can't say anything then they certainly get 'THE look'!! If I come home and tell hubby about someone making me angry he always just looks at me and says..... *gulp* "You didn't give them one of YOUR looks did you??!!" :giggle4: But I am glad you were able to straighten it all out with her and like Christi said, perhaps she learned an invaluable lesson today. Big hugs dear heart!!! :hug2::lovey3::hug4:
Thank you, Ona! I’m hoping she’ll think in the fu before being ugly to someone!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
That makes me so mad to hear!
I am with Jenn-- I am very nice to people until you mess with a friend or family. Then, I am not so nice.
I am with Christi-- perhaps this will be a wake-up call (smack in the face *evil grin* ) and she won't be as judgemental to others anymore. One can hope.
Thank you! I sure hope she learned something!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
This thread is exactly what's special about this place. The love and support for one another is beautiful.
Evelyn I'm so sorry you experienced this terrible rudeness. People just have to speak "their truth" all the time - and it isn't THE truth at all. My dad always said to "smile and kill them with kindness" when people do or say stupid things. And you never know how doing that affects them, or plant seeds of wonder as to why you would be so nice. and @joyfulheartdesigns I'm not sure where you are but I'll hop on that 3 hour bus ride and head over with you to give that gal a little education on kindness.
Sounds like an Oscraps reunion to me!:heartpumpred:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
That is just so very rude! I bet that next time she encounters somebody who looks different, she will think twice before judging! One can hope at least! I am so sorry you had to deal with that, I am so happy for you that your hair is coming back, yay you!!
Thank you! I’m so excited too! I was wondering if it would grow back!

JeanneMN

I'm in MN, but I would come, never been to those states. People are stupid and you can't fix stupid. It's like no one has a filter anymore & if you don't measure up to their version of "normal" also known as insensitive and rude, then there is something wrong with you. And the worst thing is they don't even get it. This time last year I was sitting with a friend, and she would talk about what we would do during the summer & what she wanted me to do with her hair when it grew back. All the things I knew wouldn't happen. It seems like everyone has been touched in some way by cancer they still don't get. Everyone is so damn (am I allowed to say that here?) judgmental when they know absolutely nothing about that person's life. You handled that with such dignity and grace. I am thrilled for you that your hair grew back. As you can see by my avatar, I think your hair is FABulous and you are a warrior! On the way to the store let's cue up Helen Ready "I Am Woman". This place gives me faith that the world still contains wonderful people. Thank you for letting me live here with you.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I'm in MN, but I would come, never been to those states. People are stupid and you can't fix stupid. It's like no one has a filter anymore & if you don't measure up to their version of "normal" also known as insensitive and rude, then there is something wrong with you. And the worst thing is they don't even get it. This time last year I was sitting with a friend, and she would talk about what we would do during the summer & what she wanted me to do with her hair when it grew back. All the things I knew wouldn't happen. It seems like everyone has been touched in some way by cancer they still don't get. Everyone is so damn (am I allowed to say that here?) judgmental when they know absolutely nothing about that person's life. You handled that with such dignity and grace. I am thrilled for you that your hair grew back. As you can see by my avatar, I think your hair is FABulous and you are a warrior! On the way to the store let's cue up Helen Ready "I Am Woman". This place gives me faith that the world still contains wonderful people. Thank you for letting me live here with you.
Thank you so much for your encouragement and I love your avatar! This forum at the O is like no other forum that I have ever seen. It has HEART for sure and it’s expressed through each member here!
I am so very sorry to hear about your friend! My sister-in-law is also battling breast cancer but it is the second time for her, plus kidney cancer. So many lives are affected by this disease.

scrap-genie

Wow. Not only was the person rude but she was wrong. You look adorable.
When our cousin's hair grew back after chemo she also looked very cute in that first short hair.