Oscraps

A Rude Encounter

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I went shopping before my follow up appointment with my radiation oncologist today. I decided to not wear a wig or my beanie. I’m excited that my hair is growing back! As I was shopping, one of the sales clerks kept saying “not a good look, not a good look”. She said it so many times I finally asked her what wasn’t a good look. She said she was just talking to herself. I continued to shop and saw her again. She started saying “not a good look, not a good look” again. I figured she didn’t like my hair and thought I had made the decision to cut it this short. She didn’t realize that 3 months ago I was completely bald. I told her that today is a good day and I thank the Lord for bringing me through cancer and that my hair was starting to grow back. After that, she was real friendly and stopped saying “not a good look “! P.S. I was even wearing a breast cancer tee shirt, earrings and bracelet!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh my gosh, Evelyn I can't believe this!!! WHY do some people feel that they're entitled to speak their thoughts, these days??? I'm SO sorry this happened. I would have gotten her name and reported her, but you're too kind. I know you wouldn't do that, and your answer was the perfect answer and you are SO kind and such a good person. Still, that's not acceptable. Lots of hugs to you and this just proves that none of us know what the other person has been through. :hug1: :hug2:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh my gosh, Evelyn I can't believe this!!! WHY do some people feel that they're entitled to speak their thoughts, these days??? I'm SO sorry this happened. I would have gotten her name and reported her, but you're too kind. I know you wouldn't do that, and your answer was the perfect answer and you are SO kind and such a good person. Still, that's not acceptable. Lots of hugs to you and this just proves that none of us know what the other person has been through. :hug1: :hug2:
Exactly! She judged me on my hairstyle and proceeded to let me know, over and over again, that she didn't like it. She doesn't know how scared I was that my hair wouldn't grow back. When I had chemo they gave me a list of side effects. One said, in rare cases, hair doesn't grow back. I was so afraid my hair wouldn't grow back. My husband and I both prayed my hair would grow back. It seemed like forever before it started growing. I am so thankful to have hair. She didn't know how much her remarks hurt me.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
GIRL...you are SO much better than me... I wish I would have been with you so I could have stopped it at the first time you came across her. SO RUDE to be making comments like that, and let alone as an employee of the place :desk3: I will stop there....that really got me rowled up...sorry, and I am SO sorry that you had to go through that. I would report her, personally...she has no right to be doing that to customers...who knows who the next "victim" will be, and what they might do because she made them feel badly about themselves or awkward! Yeah, I am fired up...sorry...exiting the forum for a bit... You are TOO WONDERFUL to have someone do that to you!!!!! :beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart:

I am also PMS'ing right now...that doesn't help, but even if I wasn't, dude....yeah, same reaction.... :voodoodoll:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
GIRL...you are SO much better than me... I wish I would have been with you so I could have stopped it at the first time you came across her. SO RUDE to be making comments like that, and let alone as an employee of the place :desk3: I will stop there....that really got me rowled up...sorry, and I am SO sorry that you had to go through that. I would report her, personally...she has no right to be doing that to customers...who knows who the next "victim" will be, and what they might do because she made them feel badly about themselves or awkward! Yeah, I am fired up...sorry...exiting the forum for a bit... You are TOO WONDERFUL to have someone do that to you!!!!! :beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart::beatingheart:

I am also PMS'ing right now...that doesn't help, but even if I wasn't, dude....yeah, same reaction.... :voodoodoll:
Thank you, Jenn! It did upset me. I don't understand how some people feel that they can treat people that way!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Exactly! She judged me on my hairstyle and proceeded to let me know, over and over again, that she didn't like it. She doesn't know how scared I was that my hair wouldn't grow back. When I had chemo they gave me a list of side effects. One said, in rare cases, hair doesn't grow back. I was so afraid my hair wouldn't grow back. My husband and I both prayed my hair would grow back. It seemed like forever before it started growing. I am so thankful to have hair. She didn't know how much her remarks hurt me.
You are SO brave, my friend. I know I couldn't have handled it with the Grace and dignity that you did. You are a champion!!!!!:bowdown2:

AK_Tracy

You are a true blessing. I am with @joyfulheartdesigns and would have gone totally bananas on her. Not in a good way either. (and I'm not PMSing) This shows just what a wonderful person you are that you didn't ask for her manager, didn't go ape on her, and I am sure you smiled at her while telling her how great a day it is. I did glance back at some of your posts and read what you went through. You are beautiful and I am so thankful you survived.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
You are a true blessing. I am with @joyfulheartdesigns and would have gone totally bananas on her. Not in a good way either. (and I'm not PMSing) This shows just what a wonderful person you are that you didn't ask for her manager, didn't go ape on her, and I am sure you smiled at her while telling her how great a day it is. I did glance back at some of your posts and read what you went through. You are beautiful and I am so thankful you survived.
YES, Evelyn is as sweet as they come....THAT is why it pisses me off so much that she had to go through that... I was raised (by my sweet Nana through watching her) to be nice to everyone in the store. It is tough being someone who has been trained to be nice, give compliments to hopefully make someone smile, and help peeps find what they are looking for in the store.....if someone insulted me like that, crying would for sure happen at some point on my end. I am MORE confrontive when I am protecting the people I love and care about....which I would have done if I was with our sweet Evelyn. When it comes to me, I AM more offensive now to the people who deserve it. :grimreaper::elf1::dancingbfly:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh Evelyn, I am just 'gobsmacked', what a rude and ignorant person. I am normally a patient and kind person (I think), but I cannot stand rudeness and if I can't say anything then they certainly get 'THE look'!! If I come home and tell hubby about someone making me angry he always just looks at me and says..... *gulp* "You didn't give them one of YOUR looks did you??!!" :giggle4: But I am glad you were able to straighten it all out with her and like Christi said, perhaps she learned an invaluable lesson today. Big hugs dear heart!!! :hug2::lovey3::hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That makes me so mad to hear!
I am with Jenn-- I am very nice to people until you mess with a friend or family. Then, I am not so nice.
I am with Christi-- perhaps this will be a wake-up call (smack in the face *evil grin* ) and she won't be as judgemental to others anymore. One can hope.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I went shopping before my follow up appointment with my radiation oncologist today. I decided to not wear a wig or my beanie. I’m excited that my hair is growing back! As I was shopping, one of the sales clerks kept saying “not a good look, not a good look”. She said it so many times I finally asked her what wasn’t a good look. She said she was just talking to herself. I continued to shop and saw her again. She started saying “not a good look, not a good look” again. I figured she didn’t like my hair and thought I had made the decision to cut it this short. She didn’t realize that 3 months ago I was completely bald. I told her that today is a good day and I thank the Lord for bringing me through cancer and that my hair was starting to grow back. After that, she was real friendly and stopped saying “not a good look “! P.S. I was even wearing a breast cancer tee shirt, earrings and bracelet!
People can be so rude!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
EXACTLY! Judge not that ye be not judged!

mimes1

CHEERY O
This thread is exactly what's special about this place. The love and support for one another is beautiful.
Evelyn I'm so sorry you experienced this terrible rudeness. People just have to speak "their truth" all the time - and it isn't THE truth at all. My dad always said to "smile and kill them with kindness" when people do or say stupid things. And you never know how doing that affects them, or plant seeds of wonder as to why you would be so nice. and @joyfulheartdesigns I'm not sure where you are but I'll hop on that 3 hour bus ride and head over with you to give that gal a little education on kindness.

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
This thread is exactly what's special about this place. The love and support for one another is beautiful.
Evelyn I'm so sorry you experienced this terrible rudeness. People just have to speak "their truth" all the time - and it isn't THE truth at all. My dad always said to "smile and kill them with kindness" when people do or say stupid things. And you never know how doing that affects them, or plant seeds of wonder as to why you would be so nice. and @joyfulheartdesigns I'm not sure where you are but I'll hop on that 3 hour bus ride and head over with you to give that gal a little education on kindness.
Sounds good!! :giggle4: I am in the Huntsville, AL area, and she is around the Nashville area...we can make it work...:swinging:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Thank you so much, Tracy!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Why some people think they have the right to comment on another persons appearance is beyond me - I'm so sorry you had to experience that Evelyn :hug4: I lost my aunt to breast cancer 2 years ago - that woman is lucky I wasn't with you :soapbox::mad::shakingsense:
I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, Caroline! (((HUGS))))

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
YES, Evelyn is as sweet as they come....THAT is why it pisses me off so much that she had to go through that... I was raised (by my sweet Nana through watching her) to be nice to everyone in the store. It is tough being someone who has been trained to be nice, give compliments to hopefully make someone smile, and help peeps find what they are looking for in the store.....if someone insulted me like that, crying would for sure happen at some point on my end. I am MORE confrontive when I am protecting the people I love and care about....which I would have done if I was with our sweet Evelyn. When it comes to me, I AM more offensive now to the people who deserve it. :grimreaper::elf1::dancingbfly:
Thank you, Jenn! That’s why I didn’t let it slide. I felt she had a lesson to learn.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
On the bright side it may be a wake up call for her and one of life's great lessons for her also. It could lead to a seismic shift in the way she treats people in the future. We can only hope!
I sure hope so! That was what I was thinking!