Oscraps

A Blast from the Past - Genealogy in the Gallery - October

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I don't know about y'all but here in western Kentucky autumn arrived on time, but early for here. I knew when the first goldenrod bloomed in August - nearly a month earlier than usual that we were in for a long fall season. I am so enjoying not needing the AC and sleeping with the fresh, very cool breeze coming in my windows. Just snuggle down, pat the cat on my hip and enjoy a good sleep. How about you?

Last edited:

mcurtt

It is cool out there today, around 40 degrees (F). I'm looking at a couple of woodpeckers at the feeder. The grass is still green, although a few leaves are starting to turn. I'm in the Midwest, in the USA, in Illinois, just a couple of miles away from the Wisconsin border, about 100 miles NW of Chicago.

Here is a page I posted today. It features me, the little girl with the blonde permed hair with my grandfather, my uncle and my first cousin (with the cut-off head). circa 1958. I captured it from a movie my uncle recorded, so the quality isn't the best, but it is better than not having the memory at all. My grandfather passed away in June 1959.

mcurtt

I'm in the mood for Halloween. I don't know why. We live so far away from others that we don't have any Trick or Treaters stop by. I had this old heritage layout in my stash on my maternal side of the family. I have no clue as to the dapper gentleman is. I believe it is a formal portrait from a wedding, but he may or may not be the groom. There is no writing on the backside of the photo either. So rather than let the photo go unnoticed, I decorated it up to celebrate my mystery gent.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I'm in the mood for Halloween. I don't know why. We live so far away from others that we don't have any Trick or Treaters stop by. I had this old heritage layout in my stash on my maternal side of the family. I have no clue as to the dapper gentleman is. I believe it is a formal portrait from a wedding, but he may or may not be the groom. There is no writing on the backside of the photo either. So rather than let the photo go unnoticed, I decorated it up to celebrate my mystery gent.

I LOVE this! What a wonderful way to save the past!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
It is cool out there today, around 40 degrees (F). I'm looking at a couple of woodpeckers at the feeder. The grass is still green, although a few leaves are starting to turn. I'm in the Midwest, in the USA, in Illinois, just a couple of miles away from the Wisconsin border, about 100 miles NW of Chicago.

Here is a page I posted today. It features me, the little girl with the blonde permed hair with my grandfather, my uncle and my first cousin (with the cut-off head). circa 1958. I captured it from a movie my uncle recorded, so the quality isn't the best, but it is better than not having the memory at all. My grandfather passed away in June 1959.

Oh, what a sweet, wonderful photo and LO! My Grandpa passed away about the same time. Small world!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O

What an awesome layout! I am so glad you did not let this photo go by the wayside. So many photos get thrown away or hang on the walls of Cracker Barrel because nobody knows who they are!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
These precious little girls were my secomd cousins twice removed. Their grandmother was my 2X great grandmother's sister. Sadly, my mother never knew she had a large family and family all around places we lived in California, Oregon, and not far from where she lives now in Washington State. None of them travel any more.

mcurtt

Totally forgot to post this one here. Helen was my mother-in-law's best friend. She is also my DH's uncle's second wife. They were both going through a divorce, met up and became friends at my DH's grandmother's funeral. It took them a number of years before they married, they lived 200 miles away from each other, but they finally "tied the knot" and spent a number of good years together before Helen passed away. I don't have a date on this one, but to me it looks like maybe a HS or college graduation photo. Helen was born on January 1, 1931. Thoughts anyone?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
This is so pretty! I think likely HS. Did they do college annuals? You'd think I know but I don't remember any annuals for either of my degrees or the years leading up to for that matter. Maybe a private school would have?