Oscraps

2023-12 Rachel Jefferies December 2023 Mixed Media Challenge***CLOSED***WINNER ANNOUNCED*****

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Welcome to December! I cannot believe another year has flown by!

This is the time of year for celebrating holidays of one's choice, exploring wintertime or even wrapping up the year for a smoother new year. For December, our challenge will be to create a Rachel Designer Mash Up BUT the layout must be related to "celebrating a holiday, wintertime or wrapping up the year".

"Celebrating a holiday, wintertime or wrapping up the year" is how you interpret and define that. It can be celebrating Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, New Year, spending time in the snow, skiing, beach (for those with a warmer climate), deep cleaning the house, getting rid of clutter, etc. This layout can be art journaling in nature or it can be one that incorporates photos. The blank canvas is yours and ready for your masterpiece!

For this challenge, we will create a Rachel Designer Mash Up:
  • at least 50% of your layout should consist of Rachel's Designs that are currently available in her Oscraps Shop and the remaining should be from a Designer here at Oscraps, (example: if your layout has 10 layers, then at least 5 layers has to be Rachel's Designs and the other remaining layers from a Designer of your choice from Oscraps).
  • The layout MUST be related to "Celebrating a holiday, wintertime or wrapping up the year
  • it is preferred that the layout is created with as close to a 50/50 designer split as possible but there is room to change the dynamics of the split a little as long as at least half of the layout is using Rachel’s Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps
  • List the total number of elements/papers used from each designer is required (ex: Rachel Jefferies Designs: 1 paper, 3 flowers, 2 stamps, etc; Scrap Designer of your Choice: 2 blended papers and 2 leaves, 1 ribbon, 1 word strip, etc).
  • Use of a template is acceptable, if the template includes a paper or embellishments (such as threads, stitches, stamps etc.) please note these will need to be included when counting your layers for the relevant designer.
  • Collabs are NOT permitted for this challenge.

Here's a layout created by me:
I love mixing kits. I used the following for my layout:
Rachel Jefferies | All the Little Joys & Let's Remember
31 items from both of the above kits--Music Stamp x 3, Paper x 1, Reindeer x 1, Tree stamp x5, snowflakes x3, messy threads x1, foliage x 6, mistletoe x1, dried flora x1, flower x3, ribbon x2, branch x 2, paint splatter x 2

I combined the above kits with this collection by Palvinka Designs | Christmas Hug Collection
29 items from the above collection --Paper x1, flower x2, gingerbread house x1, antler x 2, berry branch x5, string x 2, star x 3, ribbon x1, embroidered leaf x 4, frame x1, gold leaves x1, overlay x3, greenery x 1, pine x 1, word art x 1
ormoAqm.jpg

Here's an example from the Team:
From @marijke
rGKiQMh.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook or hybrid layout using at least 50% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop and one other Oscraps Designer's Designs.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the total number of elements/papers used for each designer AND the layout MUST related to "Celebrating a holiday, wintertime or wrapping up the year." Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until December 31, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@mywisecrafts
Here is mine. As I was doing the credits, I realized that "T is for Together" is a collab with Studio Basic. I had it listed in my computer as just Rache. SB is not here and she is not the other designer I'm counting. I hope that's ok. If not, let me know and I'll re-do the Rachel part!

Rachel Jefferies - flower duplicated 3x, heart acrylic, square paper piece 3x, red flower, dried leaves, punch scatters, dotted lines, dotted squares, text overlay

Natali Designs - ribbon, red pointsettia, twig with berries, hanging ornament, star frame, tree overlay, gold ribbon, background paper paint brushes of snowflakes duplicated 4x, background paper.

isDK

Rachel Jefferies The Wonder in Everything: 5 elements: 1 frame, 1 tag, 2 journal prompts, staples
ET Designs Winter Whimsy: 1 paper, 4 elements: 1 deer, 1 label, 1 brush, 1 ink village
Thanks for helping me so much to get my pages made! ;)

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
First of all - a HUGE thank you to both Esther @mywisecrafts and Rachel @Rachel Jefferies for a fantastic year of challenges. I've had so much fun, and have to think out of my box more than once. It's been such a learning oppurtunity.

:thankyouspin:

Second, I must say, I really love these mashup challenges. I'm very much a "one-kit-at-a-time-scrapper", mostly cuz it's easier with the credits. I really need to do these mashups more often, cuz it's really a fun challenge for me.

So ... finally ... here's my layout for this challenge:

I've mixed Rachel's Disconnected with Palvinka's First snow.

LAYERS
Rachel: 15
2 papers [blended together]
1 leaf
1 splatter
1 messy thread
2 paper pieces
1 stitches
1 tape
1 set of staples
5 silver flowers

Palvinka: 15
2 photomasks
1 twig
1 overlay
1 wordart
4 leaves
3 flowers
3 snowflakes

Pia/Pippin

Great challenge. Here are the items I used from these kits: Be Kind kit by Rachel Jefferies and Hello Winter kit by natalie design.
Papers: One from each kit, elements: Rachel Jefferies: 11 elements: four flowers, cloud, bird, four artsy elements, wordart
natali: 9 elements: one leaves, one flower, one jingle bells, one reindeer, four brushes, one frame.

This is a common sight for us in the northern part of Sweden. We see reindeer almost every day on our backyard or on the road.

zlemon

Christy
Another great challenge. Love these mashups. Thanks for hosting all this year, Ester.
I used from Rachel's goodies: tape, staples, word strip, scatter, and bits of paper.
Used from Anna's goodies: tape, staples, word strip, scatter, and bits of paper.

Last edited:

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
*****entries for the participation coupon and $8 coupon prize draw are now closed for the month of December****

The WINNER will be announced and the participation and the winning $8 coupon will be coming soon.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @Cath VP you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.