Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, April 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:cowwaving:

hello friends!

Linda @LSlycord thanks for opening yesterday's thread!I was only able to skim through it so far. I was mostly looking for smashed ketchup bottles but whew! Looks like I made it out and back and Eva @tanteva didn't notice. :ketchup: :p

I am over the moon that you all are finding your new scrap home here. I would be completely lost without this place so I can only imagine how hard it would be to try and find a new place- and be comfortable there. The people here are my second family. In my real-life house, I have a rule: First time here, you are a guest and I'll get whatever you need. The second time, you're family-- please feel free to help yourself to what you need, and make yourself comfortable. You are all way past "the second time" and that makes me very happy.

My mom and I were able to get some stuff cleaned and ...*drum roll*.... some stuff thrown out. An entire bag of my kids' old toys! My parents bought a cute little lake house in Pennsylvania when I was pg with Caitlyn, 26 years ago this July. My kids spent so much time there as they grew up and we always left plenty of toys and spare clothes there. My mom, being the sentimental person she is, has kept just about everything. I brought some of the nicer things home to give to Logan and threw out some too. My mom wasn't ready to donate any of the clothes "because the kids wore them." But it was a start.

She called me after she got him last night-- my dad's shoulder replacement was bumped *again.* It was supposed to be last Friday, then this upcoming Friday, and now it's May 3. Although at the rate it is going, who knows? :mad:

Today is the first full-day field trip. I am a little nervous (that will get worse the closer I need to leave home) but excited too. I searched for some macro fun facts over the weekend:
Adult Stoneflies live in the same area they did as larvae. Crayfish can break off their legs as a self-defense mechanism and it will grow back. And dragonfly nymphs have an extendable lower lip (labium) that reaches out like an arm to grab food.
Maybe if I repeat little tidbits like those the kids will think I know what I am talking about. :giggle4:

Note to self: ask about bringing the magnifying glasses to the stream today.
I have old-lady eyes and it's harder for me to ID the tiny macros. LOL

I have an hour before I need to leave so I'll try to catch up with as many of you as I can. I am not working tomorrow, so if I miss you today, I promise to do my best then.

:grouphugyay:

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Welcome back :) I'm glad you had a productive day with your mum :D It's a bummer about your dad's surgery being bumped again though. Fingers crossed they don't bump it anymore.

Want to know a little tidbit about Quokkas :D I'm gonna tell you anyway lol - they will throw their offspring at prey so that they can escape :devil2: I guess they figure they can always have more offspring :oops: For such an adorable looking creature, they sure have an evil side lol.

it's almost bedtime for me, but i'll be around for another 30 mins or so then I'll be :sleeping::bedtime:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:cowwaving:

hello friends!

Linda @LSlycord thanks for opening yesterday's thread!I was only able to skim through it so far. I was mostly looking for smashed ketchup bottles but whew! Looks like I made it out and back and Eva @tanteva didn't notice. :ketchup: :p

I am over the moon that you all are finding your new scrap home here. I would be completely lost without this place so I can only imagine how hard it would be to try and find a new place- and be comfortable there. The people here are my second family. In my real-life house, I have a rule: First time here, you are a guest and I'll get whatever you need. The second time, you're family-- please feel free to help yourself to what you need, and make yourself comfortable. You are all way past "the second time" and that makes me very happy.

My mom and I were able to get some stuff cleaned and ...*drum roll*.... some stuff thrown out. An entire bag of my kids' old toys! My parents bought a cute little lake house in Pennsylvania when I was pg with Caitlyn, 26 years ago this July. My kids spent so much time there as they grew up and we always left plenty of toys and spare clothes there. My mom, being the sentimental person she is, has kept just about everything. I brought some of the nicer things home to give to Logan and threw out some too. My mom wasn't ready to donate any of the clothes "because the kids wore them." But it was a start.

She called me after she got him last night-- my dad's shoulder replacement was bumped *again.* It was supposed to be last Friday, then this upcoming Friday, and now it's May 3. Although at the rate it is going, who knows? :mad:

Today is the first full-day field trip. I am a little nervous (that will get worse the closer I need to leave home) but excited too. I searched for some macro fun facts over the weekend:
Adult Stoneflies live in the same area they did as larvae. Crayfish can break off their legs as a self-defense mechanism and it will grow back. And dragonfly nymphs have an extendable lower lip (labium) that reaches out like an arm to grab food.
Maybe if I repeat little tidbits like those the kids will think I know what I am talking about. :giggle4:

Note to self: ask about bringing the magnifying glasses to the stream today.
I have old-lady eyes and it's harder for me to ID the tiny macros. LOL

I have an hour before I need to leave so I'll try to catch up with as many of you as I can. I am not working tomorrow, so if I miss you today, I promise to do my best then.

:grouphugyay:
Welcome back! Glad you and your mom had a productive trip!
I hate that your dad keeps getting bumped for his surgery!
Can't wait to hear about your field trip of today! I know you will have a great time!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Welcome back :) I'm glad you had a productive day with your mum :D It's a bummer about your dad's surgery being bumped again though. Fingers crossed they don't bump it anymore.

Want to know a little tidbit about Quokkas :D I'm gonna tell you anyway lol - they will throw their offspring at prey so that they can escape :devil2: I guess they figure they can always have more offspring :oops: For such an adorable looking creature, they sure have an evil side lol.

it's almost bedtime for me, but i'll be around for another 30 mins or so then I'll be :sleeping::bedtime:
Oh, my! But, in all honesty, there were times when I could've thrown my offspring at prey so I could have some peace and quiet, LOL! And, especially when shopping in Walmart these days.....there are bunches of offspring I'd like to toss to the prey! :spanking:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Quick in and out this morning as I need to get ready to leave for my doctor appointment. I believe today is basically a consultation to get introduced and find out about my health issues and think about a plan of action for the osteoporosis and IBS. I'll update later on. I'm taking the holistic book, the gut tincture I'm taking, and my recent test results from earlier in the year to familiarize them with my health. Hopefully we will get a lot accomplished today!
BBL...........

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Oh, my! But, in all honesty, there were times when I could've thrown my offspring at prey so I could have some peace and quiet, LOL! And, especially when shopping in Walmart these days.....there are bunches of offspring I'd like to toss to the prey! :spanking:
I think most parents can relate - it's one of the reasons I love Quokkas - they don't give a kazooie and do what we've all wanted to do at one stage or another :floorlaugh:

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Good Morning!
Quick in and out this morning as I need to get ready to leave for my doctor appointment. I believe today is basically a consultation to get introduced and find out about my health issues and think about a plan of action for the osteoporosis and IBS. I'll update later on. I'm taking the holistic book, the gut tincture I'm taking, and my recent test results from earlier in the year to familiarize them with my health. Hopefully we will get a lot accomplished today!
BBL...........

Good luck with your appt!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord It always makes me happy to see you here. I saw that you posted a wonderful update on Sunday, I'm so happy for you on the IA house and the travel. ♥

@BrightEyes heesh! Send some of that heat over here- we have freeze warnings all week. Hope that you can get some fresh air in the house!

@JeanneMN There is never enough room on any drives, they fill up so quickly. Good luck if you have to do a clean install!

@Cherylndesigns It has to be soon that the overnight temps stay in the 60s. *fingers crossed*

@AK_Tracy Is it any consolation if I tell you that it was 31* when I woke up? Probably not since it is supposed to get over 60* this afternoon.
Hahaha-- nope you don't want to thaw your laundry if you put it outside.
I love reading how happy you are here even if you made a mess in your room. As long as it isn't ketchup.

(BTW: Eva loves ketchup and puts it on her pasta. My Italian blood is 100% disgusted by that. We tease each other about it whenever she is here. She even scrapped a page about it and made me look at it :sick: pretty much any reference to ketchup is directed at her. I adore her and she knows it :) )

Did you ever get your house cleaned or did you get too distracted? I can clean someone else's house in 2-3 hours. here-- it would take forever- distractions and decisions: where do I put this pile of ****?

@bcgal00 I saw a few photos of the birds on your FB page. Are nuthatches similar to chickadees? I *think * I saw a dark-eyed junco in PA. It was grey on its back and wings, light grey or white underneath. But it had a crest in its head and the pics I see in Merlin don't seem to have that. maybe it was a phoebe?
How are the mahjong lessons going? Are the people you will be playing with competitive?
You know how much we miss you when you aren't here but I am positive that I can speak for everyone to say how excited we are for you!

@vickyday welcome back! Good luck with the Dr appt today! I hope that you can come up with a good plan. proud of you for being proactive about your health ♥
I hear ya about the allergies, everything is starting to green up here.

jeanne- great news that you figured out what was up with the drives!

Tracy- I don't have time to ask/explain ATM-- this is a reminder to myself to ask you about some homeschool curriculum/child development. When I see this tomorrow, I'll write more. :D

@BoatLady I love hiking so much too! You have an RV, IIRC? My son does a lot of car camping. I don't camp anymore but we used to tent camp. Sleeping on the ground/air mattress is *not* good for the bones haha!
A big welcome to you in the Daily Ooos!

@mimes1 And welcome to you toooooo!!!! (I feel so rude since I am rushing these comments but I don't want to get fired from my new job cuz I love it (environmental educator).
I'll have to repost the Daily Ooos "Rules" again if you haven't seen them.
Hijacking threads is not only allowed it is encouraged. :rotfl:

BTW- Eva is the *queen* of sarcasm. One reason I adore her so much. Hopefully, she will pop in soon to review her lowly sarcastic subjects :bowdown:

@DesignsByCRK saw thi snad thought of you:
437951426_965127881636217_300891005383128320_n.jpg

Puppies!!! I am always up for seeing puppies!!
Pictures!!! (please!)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Welcome back, @faerywings . Glad you had a good trip with your mom.. and you talked her into clearing out some of the stuff at the PA house. I agree that toys should be used so giving them to Logan is a great thing to do. Have fun on the all day hike! I think taking a magnifying glass would be a smart thing to do.

When I signed onto the computer this morning, I realized that today is my anniversary.... not that I really forgot but it snuck up on me. It would have our 69th anniversary. Missing Bill as much today as I did when he passed in Jan 2018. As usual... I will take today and spend some time with my memories... look at the Albums I created with his photos, his US Navy and Grumman albums I promised him I would finish and did that first summer, and may even dig out the family albums and photo boxes and scan some more of them in to the computer. Today is going to be a beautiful day - sunshine and may get to 81*. I will open up the house like I did yesterday and enjoy the soft breezes blowing through it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ozies!! Don't faint :thud: its actually me popping in quickly to say Hello :wavinghello: I am off to the In-Laws once again to hopefully finish up organizing for the huge garage sale this weekend. I am getting really tired of going back and forth from home to their place over a half hour drive almost every day!! We have sold so much stuff its unbelievable that there is still so much stuff that will be in the garage sale. I am sorry that I have not been here much at all, but by the time I get home and get supper ready, I am pooped ! After the garage sale then it will be down to some serious donating and runs to the dump. Then we need to take them shopping for new furniture and perhaps new appliances along with a new tv and sound bar for FIL. Sheesh the work never ends LOL. FIL and I had a lovely birthday celebration at our home, there were 12 of us for dinner and cake. FIL turned 90 and I am now 68, I can hardly believe it!! Although some days I feel very much older! I just wanted to say how much I miss all of you and hope that the new ladies are enjoying being here at the O!! It really is like a second family here and I am happy that by the beginning of June I should be back here catching up with all of you every morning. I am off to a new hike tomorrow to see some beautiful waterfalls, I am trying to get to my hikes each Wednesday, it sure helps to keep me grounded and happy! Have a wonderful week everyone!

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy Is it any consolation if I tell you that it was 31* when I woke up? Probably not since it is supposed to get over 60* this afternoon.
Hahaha-- nope you don't want to thaw your laundry if you put it outside.
I love reading how happy you are here even if you made a mess in your room. As long as it isn't ketchup.

(BTW: Eva loves ketchup and puts it on her pasta. My Italian blood is 100% disgusted by that. We tease each other about it whenever she is here. She even scrapped a page about it and made me look at it :sick: pretty much any reference to ketchup is directed at her. I adore her and she knows it :) )

Did you ever get your house cleaned or did you get too distracted? I can clean someone else's house in 2-3 hours. here-- it would take forever- distractions and decisions: where do I put this pile of ****?

Tracy- I don't have time to ask/explain ATM-- this is a reminder to myself to ask you about some homeschool curriculum/child development. When I see this tomorrow, I'll write more. :D

I'll have to repost the Daily Ooos "Rules" again if you haven't seen them.
Hijacking threads is not only allowed it is encouraged. :rotfl:

@DesignsByCRK saw thi snad thought of you:
View attachment 417411

Puppies!!! I am always up for seeing puppies!!
Pictures!!! (please!)
It was a beautiful day! started at 32* and got up to 50*. However It was cloudy most of the day so it took all day to dry the clothes. And yes, I did follow a few rabbits down their trails and get distracted but I did get the house cleaned. That's what Mondays are for. I dont leave my house on Mondays and its for cleaning. First Monday of the month I also clean the appliances. So that day I will be even less here. Now while my room here is a mess you wont find Ketchup! My youngest ate it all!!! I swear he could use a bottle a week.

As for homeschool, ask away! I know nothing LOL I have opinions but am no expert even after 20+ years. I will say each child was totally different and I wasn't able to copy much from kid to kid. I have used maybe three things the same. That was my Christian health course and math up to pre-algebra. Otherwise I search each year for what fits the kid and their learning style. The auditory child was the hardest trying to find high school books on audible.

So thankful hijacking:jail1: threads is a good idea cause I totally stole Lynne's thread on creating a personal photo album. But it was worth it and @wombat146 was awesome at helping steal the thread and answer all my silly questions.

The photo looks like just the right amount of garlic. Maybe a pinch more or another scoop would be good. :floorlaugh:

Today is a slow day. Hubs bees arrive and he will be busy getting ready for them. Its a teenagers laundry day so I dont have to do that either. Thankfully only two of the four dogs shed, so that wont need to be dealt with today. Just need to make dinner. But they'll be happily munching cookies after breakfast so I have some time. probably should finish my coffee before I start planning dinner.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, all,

Chris @faerywings welcome back and it's good news that your mom parted with some things - baby steps. Sorry to hear that your dad's surgery was bumped again. No sign of Eva - so no ketchup thrown all over the forum this time. :lol23:Have a wonderful time today and it would probably be a good idea to take your binoculars. Have fun.

Kay @BrightEyes sending you hugs today as you spend the day reflecting and thinking about Bill. Happy Anniversary to you both. Yesterday was the 3-month anniversary since Chuck passed away, and it was difficult.. Thinking of you. :hug2::hug1:

Vicky @vickyday good luck with the doctor today. Hope to hear good things about your visit and glad you are taking your book. :hug3:

Per Chris: "Hijacking threads is not only allowed it is encouraged.'":rotfl:

Yes! :floorlaugh:

Waving to everybody and HAGD.:waving1

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I've been to the vet this morning for wellness checks and vaccinations for both dogs. They are both very healthy. Then we went to the field to play and now am home to have a coffee and avocado toast before heading out to play mexican train with a group of ladies. Later I'll sit and play mahjong online against a bot for practice. I actually won a game last night. It is a really fun game, once you start to wrap your head around all the rules.

The big news is that we found a family doctor. We meet with him tomorrow for the meet & greet. I can't believe we got one within 4 months of moving here. Yay. Going to a walk-in clinic was better than nothing but it is so much better to have our own GP.

@faerywings That sucks that your dad's procedure got bumped again. Fingers crossed the next one happens. Have fun today at the field trip.

@taxed4ever Glad you are getting out for your Wed hikes during this time. Just think how great it will be once they get moved in and you'll be so close. Having made 2 moves in 1.5 years, I can certainly attest to how much work it all is. Take care of yourself, don't burn out.

I need to get some lunch before I head out again. HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

If anyone creates scrapbooks at Shutterfly they are having a sale. I make books and right now they are doing unlimited pages free offer. Wooo Woot! Have until Sunday. So you know where I will be afterwork Saturday LOL Finishing my first book of the year to take advantage of that deal.

JeanneMN

@faerywings Oh, dear, I lost track of where you stopped writing about your mom and started writing about me :floorlaugh: glad you made progress, but what a bummer about the surgery. That would have made me crabby too. - '

@BrightEyes @Cherylndesigns Sending hugs on your milestone days and what a wonderful way to honor the day @BrightEyes by looking back at the memories. I know the memories are always in our hearts, but it's nice to look back on those memories

I spent a little time outside today wrangling with a clematis. I have about 6 clematis on the west side of the house on free standing trellises (heavens! we cannot have them touching the siding of the house). We didn't get them trimmed down last fall because the ginormous one was still blooming, and the others I was going to trim this spring. It worked out well for all of them, one already has more buds on it already than it's EVER had before. The ginormous one, not so much, it looked like my dgd hair when she gets up in the morning, a giant rats nest- only the clematis nest is already full of new growth. I trimmed out what dead I could and put "seat belts" trellis belts I guess, to anchor to the trellis. Then we put a couple of bamboo stakes across the front and anchored those to the trellis to pull them in more, Spanx for clematis, who knew? It's another Heavens! they cannot touch hubs when he's mowing! 57° today, but crazy, crazy windy so it didn't feel warm & then it started to rain a bit, so I came in. Just had a frost warning come through for tonight.

I spent about 3 hrs. this morning on a aA class on selections in Photoshop. Holey moley, my brain is a rat's nest of all that I didn't know. Lot's of rewinding and redoing, but good, and a lot more fun than trying to figure out why a hard drive is fuller than it should be.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Welcome back, @faerywings . Glad you had a good trip with your mom.. and you talked her into clearing out some of the stuff at the PA house. I agree that toys should be used so giving them to Logan is a great thing to do. Have fun on the all day hike! I think taking a magnifying glass would be a smart thing to do.

When I signed onto the computer this morning, I realized that today is my anniversary.... not that I really forgot but it snuck up on me. It would have our 69th anniversary. Missing Bill as much today as I did when he passed in Jan 2018. As usual... I will take today and spend some time with my memories... look at the Albums I created with his photos, his US Navy and Grumman albums I promised him I would finish and did that first summer, and may even dig out the family albums and photo boxes and scan some more of them in to the computer. Today is going to be a beautiful day - sunshine and may get to 81*. I will open up the house like I did yesterday and enjoy the soft breezes blowing through it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Wishing you a bittersweet anniversary, Kay! :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ozies!! Don't faint :thud: its actually me popping in quickly to say Hello :wavinghello: I am off to the In-Laws once again to hopefully finish up organizing for the huge garage sale this weekend. I am getting really tired of going back and forth from home to their place over a half hour drive almost every day!! We have sold so much stuff its unbelievable that there is still so much stuff that will be in the garage sale. I am sorry that I have not been here much at all, but by the time I get home and get supper ready, I am pooped ! After the garage sale then it will be down to some serious donating and runs to the dump. Then we need to take them shopping for new furniture and perhaps new appliances along with a new tv and sound bar for FIL. Sheesh the work never ends LOL. FIL and I had a lovely birthday celebration at our home, there were 12 of us for dinner and cake. FIL turned 90 and I am now 68, I can hardly believe it!! Although some days I feel very much older! I just wanted to say how much I miss all of you and hope that the new ladies are enjoying being here at the O!! It really is like a second family here and I am happy that by the beginning of June I should be back here catching up with all of you every morning. I am off to a new hike tomorrow to see some beautiful waterfalls, I am trying to get to my hikes each Wednesday, it sure helps to keep me grounded and happy! Have a wonderful week everyone!
So good to hear from you, Trudy! Glad you are still getting your hikes in on Wednesdays! You're almost done with helping the inlaws and will be back here before you know it!

AK_Tracy

Whew, it got hot on my porch. It youre in the protected area, no wind, direct sunlight, it was 60!!!! Otherwise its still about 45*. I live for porch sitting. Cold beer. Sunshine. Dogs playing in snow piles. :love: Ahhhhh life is good.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Update.....
YAY! @Cherylndesigns the doctor told me I could keep taking the gut tincture from Nicole Apelian! She wants me to start taking OsCal +D3 and Inulin for starters. I go back in a month to see how that is working for me. She wants to do bloodwork to see how my vitamin count is and I may be adding more vitamin supplements. She wants me to try eating more smaller meals throughout the day of healthy to hopefully improve everything in my gut and my bones.

I am very happy with the doctor and am looking forward to working with her on my health problems!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Whew, it got hot on my porch. It youre in the protected area, no wind, direct sunlight, it was 60!!!! Otherwise its still about 45*. I live for porch sitting. Cold beer. Sunshine. Dogs playing in snow piles. :love: Ahhhhh life is good.
It got a lot warmer here, too, than predicted!

AK_Tracy

Update.....
YAY! @Cherylndesigns the doctor told me I could keep taking the gut tincture from Nicole Apelian! She wants me to start taking OsCal +D3 and Inulin for starters. I go back in a month to see how that is working for me. She wants to do bloodwork to see how my vitamin count is and I may be adding more vitamin supplements. She wants me to try eating more smaller meals throughout the day of healthy to hopefully improve everything in my gut and my bones.

I am very happy with the doctor and am looking forward to working with her on my health problems!
What a wonderful update!!!! So glad you like the doc and they're working with you not against you. Good docs are hard to find.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Update.....

I'm sp thrilled for you, Vicky! It's such a relief when you find a doctor who believes in you and truly wants to help you. D3 is an excellent choice of vitamins to add to your regime. I've been taking that for years. Oscal + D3 sounds like an excellent combination. SO happy for you!! Not very many doctors do bloodwork to see how your vitamin count is - I think you found a winner!!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Vicky!! :coffeescreen::coffeescreen::coffeescreen: thanks for the good start this morning!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I used to think that when my lot were little! I kept threatening to hang a sign with FREE written on them and sitting them beside the highway outside our place for someone to take them!!! I guess I would be thrown in :jail1: if I did that now! :giggle4::lol23::lol23:

AK_Tracy

Vicky!! :coffeescreen::coffeescreen::coffeescreen: thanks for the good start this morning!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I used to think that when my lot were little! I kept threatening to hang a sign with FREE written on them and sitting them beside the highway outside our place for someone to take them!!! I guess I would be thrown in :jail1: if I did that now! :giggle4::lol23::lol23:
I threatened to duct-tape mine to the wall one night and sent them to bed at 5 p.m. :girldance:
I did have to go back, apologize and tell them they could get back out of bed, but I waited five minutes and enjoyed the quiet.

today is one of those days I just want to scream and yell and slap someone. Not in my household. Other issues with other and ugh hate when I am not heard clearly. Good thing y'all cant hear me screaming. I'm crazy enough without ya seeing that episode.

AK_Tracy

Yep, mean mama! My son towers over by almost a foot. I have told him since the day he got taller, "you might be taller but I'll always be meaner". :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: His younger brothers are hearing now too as they pass me up in height. I am 3/4 of the way done (almost all adults) and my DD has kids and oh man, she no longer thinks I am the mean one. Now she's the one with duct-tape and threats :floorlaugh::yesss:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I know, right? If I were raising my kids these days, I'd probably end up behind bars at least once a week! Can you say, "Jail bird?!"
:jail1:
:floorlaugh: