Oscraps

What Insomnia feels like!
Cherylndesigns

What Insomnia feels like!

Created for the April Art Journaling Sleep Challenge. I've struggled with sleep since I was a child. I've always envied people who can just lay down and go to sleep.

I used Rachel Jefferies Dreamscapes Kit and Rachel Jefferies Epic Cosmic Stuff.
  • Wow
Reactions: Susan - s3js
This is an amazing layout! I once went ten days straight without being able to fall asleep until about two in the morning and I had to get up at six. I went to a sleep clinic and found out I had sleep apnea and a build up of caffeine in my system. This layout really depicts how someone feels when they can't sleep. You did an phenomenal job!

This is an amazing layout! I once went ten days straight without being able to fall asleep until about two in the morning and I had to get up at six. I went to a sleep clinic and found out I had sleep apnea and a build up of caffeine in my system. This layout really depicts how someone feels when they can't sleep. You did an phenomenal job!
Oh, Evelyn, thanks for sharing. People who can sleep just don't understand. I've never been able to go on "adventures" where people were required to "sleep on command". This is a problem that most people don't understand. I've recently started drinking a special herbal tea and it has helped me tremendously.

Oh, Evelyn, thanks for sharing. People who can sleep just don't understand. I've never been able to go on "adventures" where people were required to "sleep on command". This is a problem that most people don't understand. I've recently started drinking a special herbal tea and it has helped me tremendously.
Oh, Cheryl! I completely understand! It starts to affect you psychologically. I thought "What if I can't sleep tonight". It was terrible! I am glad that you have found an herbal tea that can help.

Oh, Cheryl! I completely understand! It starts to affect you psychologically. I thought "What if I can't sleep tonight". It was terrible! I am glad that you have found an herbal tea that can help.
I totally get it! I lay there and think "why can't I go to sleep." It's a vicious cycle, isn't it??? I've been in this cycle since I was a child. I used to be the only one in the house who wasn't sleeping. It's crazy-making!

Ladies, I feel your agony. My sleep trouble started about 35 years ago and this LO is exactly how it feels! Sleep apnea was part of it and a bipap helps but I've only recently been able to get a full night sleep again - on and off. Baby steps! I found a tea that helps, too. Cheryl, thanks for shaing both yourself and your artistry!

Ladies, I feel your agony. My sleep trouble started about 35 years ago and this LO is exactly how it feels! Sleep apnea was part of it and a bipap helps but I've only recently been able to get a full night sleep again - on and off. Baby steps! I found a tea that helps, too. Cheryl, thanks for shaing both yourself and your artistry!
Thank you SO much, Susan and I'm sending you a big hug. I was afraid my LO would be off-putting to some people, but it's a terrible thing to not be able to "sleep on command". I've had this problem since i was a child and I can remember all the nights I was the only one in the house that was awake most of the night. I'm curious - what kind of tea do you drink? I drink a special herbal tea that my herbalist friend concocted for me plus I add Sleepy Time Extra. I have to stay up until I'm hitting the wall, but I'm sleeping for the first time in my life.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl, I also use Sleepy Time Extra but add Pure Peppermint and sweeten with Honey. It at least gets me started. Now I think on, I've had trouble since I was a kid, too. Used to lay in bed talking to my dolls that slept with me for hours until I finally went to sleep.
The only time I didn't have trouble was when I was stationed in England. The time zone was perfect for me. So frustrating now that I'm truly insomniac. No point in going to bed until I'm exhausted. I do fall asleep in my recliner for short stints but never restful and never long, just exhaustion. Bah! Humbug!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl, I also use Sleepy Time Extra but add Pure Peppermint and sweeten with Honey. It at least gets me started. Now I think on, I've had trouble since I was a kid, too. Used to lay in bed talking to my dolls that slept with me for hours until I finally went to sleep.
The only time I didn't have trouble was when I was stationed in England. The time zone was perfect for me. So frustrating now that I'm truly insomniac. No point in going to bed until I'm exhausted. I do fall asleep in my recliner for short stints but never restful and never long, just exhaustion. Bah! Humbug!
Insomnia sucks!!! I used to lay there, as a kid, and cry some nights because I couldn't go to sleep. I never understood how everybody else could and I couldn't. That Sleepy Time Extra is what helps me, too. I use the double tea bags and I have a mixture of several herbs that I use in addition to that. I keep the mixture in a jar and buy the empty tea bags on Amazon and fill them with my "mixture". I haven't heard of adding peppermint, though. I mix equal amounts of about 4 different herbs, including lavender. I buy all of the herbs on Amazon.

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
Cherylndesigns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename