Oscraps

Tandem
sabdesbois

Tandem

Memories from my grand-parents.
The journaling (written by my mother) is about the first paid holidays in 1936, when my grandparents left from the suburb of Paris for their honeymoon. They cycled on a tandem until they reached Bordeaux, which is approximatively 500 kms far from Paris. On their way home, they stopped at one of my grandmothers sisters at the countryside. While my grandfather was proudly telling about their journey, the guys from farms were drinking and becoming nasty. They had never left their homes and were jealous to see this couple from the town with their skin tanned by the sun of the seaside and not from hard work in the fields. Without mentioning my grandmother wearing a pair of shorts, which was incredible to see for these guys. My grandfather had to kick off some of them guys, and while they were stunned, he and my grandmother just flew on their tandem before anyone really noticed.

Credits:
Apple week 14 (wordart), Nantucket colorwash (paper, recolored) by Sue Cummings at Oscraps
Just solids (bg paper) by Ninascraps at Oscraps and NDISB
Its only natural (ricrac) Vicki Stegall at Oscraps
Font: Underwood champion
Oh I'm so glad you had time to do one more!!!
This is the best vintage layout/photo I've seen done
in a long time. The journaling is so interesting!!!
Life was so different then! I love how your parents
were young and carefree and living life to the fullest!
They are so adorable!
I love the picture of them on the tandem bike!!!
xoxoxo Sue
P.S. Love the blending too!!! It's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabine - Wow this is absolutely stunning!! One of my favorites!! Nominated for a standing "O" for today you can check it out here

Layout information

Category
Sue Cummings
Added by
sabdesbois
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this layout