Oscraps

Sisters
Miki

Sisters

We recently visited the Peace River Botanical and Sculpture Gardens in Florida. The feature sculptures were from Zimbabwe. We stopped and talked to one of the artists while he was working the stone. He told us the stone usually decides the design. The sculptures were filled with grace and beauty. This is just one of the many we saw.
Credits list
Artplay MiniPalette Aoristic (on sale with a $20 purchase from the aADesigns store through March 31.

Process
A solid paper from MiniPalette Aoristic was used as the foundation of the page. The image was extracted, duplicated with the blending mode changed to screen at 100%. Transfers, paper textures, dimensional embellishments and word art were added. A composite layer was created with the blending mode changed to hard light (40% opacity).

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
That is a lovely piece of art and you've highlighted it perfectly. Congrats on your Standing O!

Shona! Our city was the first to have international sculpture shows every year, so I have several of the Shona pieces from before they took off and I probably couldn't afford them now. They're wonderful and the people are always so talented.

Shona! Our city was the first to have international sculpture shows every year, so I have several of the Shona pieces from before they took off and I probably couldn't afford them now. They're wonderful and the people are always so talented.
The big stone sculptures ran from $2000 to $10,000. They had smaller ones in a tent for sale that were much cheaper. Walt surprised me with one for our 55th. The sculptures were beautiful and I really liked how the gardens displayed them on a wood stump and spaced apart so you could view them from different angles.

Yay! The Shonas are my favorites over all of the bronzes. Congrats on your 55!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename