Oscraps

Possibilities.jpg
I love to blend papers, so most of my LOs I do that. Same her - paper 18 over paper 17 in darker color mode.
Lots of paint and accents build up from the background for interest and texture.
Where possible, I have used the hand-drawn elements for continuity.

Journaling reads:
I am the woman I am today because the adults in my life laid possibilities before my feet. My parents encouraged me to read and use my imagination. Daddy worked in the space industry from the time I was little until I was an adult, so my eyes have always been turned toward the stars where my imagination has flown free. Mama took us to the library, many of them, and taught me to read before I ever entered kindergarten. Mrs. Pelling and Mrs. Fowler at Richman Elementary introduced me to Mrs. Pigglewiggle, Mr. Bass, The Enormous Egg, the Hardy Boys, and Nancy Drew all before the third grade. They let me read what I was capable of - far beyond my grade level, never once discouraging my choices because they were “too advanced” for me. They never were - they were simply filled with possibilities!
Credits list
Possibilities Collection by Karen Schulz and Linda Cunningham
Font: John Lennon
Photos: Left photo is mine
right side top to bottom
School - Fullerton Observer Year 4 #3 Mid-February 2020 page 11 Emerson Little
Old Fullerton Library now a museum - https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily...k-make-a-stop-in-what-was-once-a-sundown-town Vera Casteneda 22 Jul 2021
Hunt Branch Library OC Weekly 20 Sep 2018 Taylor Hamby courtesy Fullerton Public Library
Fullerton Train Station, Wikimedia under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en
Love this. It is a gift when children have the encouragement to read and explore endless possibilities.

You are the best at documenting your life Susan!! I always love to read your journaling and look at those priceless photo. Gorgeous!!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename