Oscraps

Only The Memories
ksacry

Only The Memories

My dad traveled quite a bit after he became an older teen. Being part of a large household, he probably wanted to get away. He joined the CCCs and was stationed in the Black Hills of South Dakota, which wasn't far from home in Mitchell, SD. But after he got out, he joined the Navy during WWII. He told of visiting Hawaii and the Philippines there, which he fell in love with. He must have had his fill of traveling by the time I was born because my parents lived in the same house for the rest of their lives.
Text Reads: Charles L Wolf 1947 - At his sister Katie's home in California
Badlands of South Dakota 1940 - Going home from the CCC camp

Construction: Using FotoInspired Template Pack No 3D #1, I clipped my Badland’s photo to two fotomasks. I used the frames from FotoInspired Template Pack No 3D #4, clipping my other photo to the top frame mask. I then used ArtPlay Palette Evanescent Overlay1 for the second frame underneath, duplicating and blending. I added just a portion of ScriptTease Travel Overlays No 1 #1.
The Background: I placed ArtPlay Palette Evanescent Solid Paper #3 and overlaid Solid Paper #5, blend mode Color Burn at 50% opacity. I used ArtsyTransfers Evanescent #4 & #5 to fill in areas. Then I added numerous transfers, overlays and brushes from the palette.
Clusters: Travel WordART Clusters No 1 #5 for the title art, moving the bead heart to the upper left and adding several elements from the ArtPlay Palette Evanescent. The word transfer is from Moments WordART Mix No 1. I kept the folded heart and tape from the FotoInspired template. I added the heart shaped Leaf from the palette to the lower right.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
Agree, just fabulous! That wrinkled paper! I didn't even see it in the collection - works perfectly for heritage! Also love the flow of hearts!

What a terrific layout! The brown bits circle around the page in a most mesmerizing fashion. And the word cluster is awesome.

I love that there is so much to look at in this design! Fantastic WordART cluster - one of my favourite things to do!

OMG... I LOVE this so much! The torn edges, the colors, the story... and how you used the template! Very creative!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
ksacry
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-artplay-collection-evanescent-ksacry-only-the-memories.jpg
File size
259.1 KB
Dimensions
1000px x 1000px

Share this layout