Oscraps

Nature's Artistry Spread
August - Left
Journaling reads:
We had cooler weather the first week in August, so I enjoyed sitting on the deck with my camera to watch the birds. Mark fixed a circle of metal with hooks on it so I could place a 14” plastic dish in it and hang it with four chains next to the bird feeder. I was hoping the birds would use it as a bird bath, especially the hummers, so we got a little solar fountain for it. I haven’t even seen the hummers go near it to drink, let alone take a bath in it. I have seen several of the other birds drinking from it and Mark saw one actually bathing in it one day. I saw one from the kitchen window but by the time I got the camera to get a picture, the bird was done bathing.
I moved the bird feeders to the deck so I could get better photos of the birds. I sat opposite the feeders and hoped that the plants would hide me from them. A few didn’t mind being closer to me but they were very nervous so I moved my chair further away.
When I made a double batch of salsa for Mark from the tomatoes growing from volunteer plants, I gathered all of the ingredients and worked on my lap desk chopping up all of the ingredients while I listened to audiobooks. It took a couple of hours to get everything chopped.
August - Right
Journaling reads:
I woke up Tuesday, August 8th with a sore throat and headache that I could not get to go away. On Wednesday I did a COVID home test which read positive. So I called my COVID doctor, Dr. Guardino in Reidsville (an hour away) and got an appointment to see him on Wednesday afternoon. He put me on his COVID protocol. This is what I took twice daily for 10 days.....plus PredniSONE and 80mg Famotidine (or Pepcid) and Promethazine for nausea: 1 aspirin (325mg) a day (morning), Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Cucumin (or turmeric), Quercetin (immunity booster), Zinc, Hydroxychloroquine (prescribed), Doxycycline Hyclate (prescribed)
It was hard on my IBS stomach to ingest so much medicine at one time, but I was able to do it with God’s help!
Even though the rains have been spora- dic this summer, the grass has continued to be green.
Bobby, Joy, Mark and I went to Lakeview Family Restaurant for supper. Too hot to ride the bikes, so we rode in the AC.
While the men and Kristy did some target practice in our woods, (they spent several hours in the woods! ) Joy, Ellie and I went back to the house to be in the air conditioning and chit chat. Joy and I had a good visit!
Before going to the house, Ellie enjoyed swinging for a few minutes.
  • Love
Reactions: joyfulheartdesigns
Wow! What a gorgeous double page spread! I love your photos and love how you blended some of them with your beautiful background!

Layout information

Category
Oscraps Cheery O's
Added by
vickyday
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename