Oscraps

Mayhem and Magnolias
Miki

Mayhem and Magnolias

An old 1860s house on Main Street with a beautiful magnolia tree in full bloom found in the nearby college town.
Credits list
Scenic Template Album 3 (page 6)
Artplay Palette Sashay (paper, transfers, buttons, word art)
Artplay Palette SunKissed (overlay, ribbon recolored)
Paper Textures 10
Grow WordART Mix 1
Button Threadz 2

Process
Page 6 of the Scenic Template Album 3 was opened up. The large fotoblendz mask and frames were rotated 90º so that they were vertical. The photo was clipped to the fotoblendz mask, duplicated with the blending mode changed to screen (reduced opacity) to brighten the image up. A smaller photo of the magnolias was clipped to frame mask 1, duplicated and clipped to frame mask 2. The image was duplicated one more time and the magnolias were extracted. A custom shadow was added to make the flowers stand out. This allowed the magnolias to spill beyond the frames. A paper texture and transfers were added for more depth and dimension. The page was completed by adding word art and dimensional embellishments.

Thank you for looking!
A fun quote and I love the way you brought the magnolias from their lovely street setting up close so I can see them better.

That cluster of close-up magnolias is wonderful! I love admiring the magnolias in the neighborhood, but glad I don't have one as they are rather messy, I guess that's the mayhem part ;-)

That extraction is the cat's pajamas! I love how it just pops off the page. Awesome quote, too...and so true.

superbe photo , j'aime ce magnolia avec en arrière plan cette ancienne maison, très beau détourage et mise en page de cette branche de magnolia, j'aime la superposition de cadres, très réussi Miki.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename