Oscraps

Lily_1915_small.jpg
This is my paternal grandmother Lily Burrow sawing a log of wood outside of her family's homestead. This photo is dated around 1915. Lily was born in 1897. So she would have been aged around 18 in this photo. One of her brothers is standing opposite to her with one leg up on the log to hold it still.

Lily did not leave home until after the war had ended. She worked in a Woollen mill factory in the city of Dunedin, New Zealand, for a while and eventually got married in 1920 - at roughly around the age of 23. She eventually gave birth to 4 children, all of whom are now deceased.

This is the Matriarch's QP page by Idgie Heartstones which I found in the freebies section. And again I used a Wrinkles paper by Vicki Stegall as the base - also from the Freebies.

Once again I cannot wait until I can start buying some heritage bundle from Idgie's shop. Then I will really be able to show all my family Genealogy photos and other stuff!! I have been doing Genealogy for well over 20 years now.
Love how you have found these pages by Idgie! I'm glad you explained what her brother was doing because I was thinking it was pretty rude of him to not help! I'm anxious to see some more of your genealogy pages.

thanks for background on the photo - works so well with the qp you used - thanks for joining the heritage challenge

Layout information

Category
Challenge 2
Added by
Robloz55
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename