Oscraps

July Art Journaling Challenge Week #1 "WINTER"
Cherylndesigns

July Art Journaling Challenge Week #1 "WINTER"

Created for the July Art Journaling Challenge Week 1 "WINTER". Designers used: Vicki Robinson Artful Memories Winter, Vicki Robinson Winter Journal, Palvinka Designs Frosty Friends, First Snow and Winter Delight.

Process Notes: I chose Vicki Robinson's Artful Memories Winter as my background. Next, I used one of the overlays from the same kit and added that. I added the vintage journal card and made it look like it was coming down between the trees of the overlay.

Let'go back to my background paper for a minute. I wanted some texture on the very bottom, so I added Palvinka's Paint Drips that look like icicles and copied them in several places on my background layer. I wanted all of the script to be on the background layer as well. I added that in several places.

Basically, the rest of my layout is just adding wintery looking flowers and other elements and deciding which layers I want them on. If something doesn't look right, just move it around until you have it where you want it. My process is a little unorthodox because I just put a lot of elements that I think will work and get them on my page, then just start moving them around. Of course, I have to have some thread(s) and some kind of stitches or string.

The main take-away is that you don't have to put your creativity in a "box" by thinking you can only use kits and designers that create "Art Journaling" Designs. I used two of Vicki Robinson's kits and she's of course, pretty Art Journaly, but I also used three of Palvinka's winter kits. Palvinka wouldn't be a designer you'd think of as having Art Journaling designs. A large portion of my page is made up of Palvinka's Designs. A lot of the designers have separate packs of stamps, paints, textures, overlays, whatever you might be looking for. My threads actually came from one of Palvinka's kits. Take a look at the links I posted, particularly for Palvinka's kits and take a few minutes to look at what individual packs she offers with each collection. Some are perfect for your Art Journaling pages. Palvinka isn't the only one, start checking out some of the other designer's collections, too.
  • Love
Reactions: Vicki Robinson
What a fantastic page! Your layouts are always so gorgeous and such a feast for the eyes! There is so much to see and enjoy! I love the flowers scattered across your page among the snowflakes and pine branches! I also love the little journal card and the stamped trees! Sooo pretty!

What a fantastic page! Your layouts are always so gorgeous and such a feast for the eyes! There is so much to see and enjoy! I love the flowers scattered across your page among the snowflakes and pine branches! I also love the little journal card and the stamped trees! Sooo pretty!
Thank you so much, Evelyn. I hope you can join us in our July monthly AJ Challenges!! I really love your wonderful comments!

Thanks for your process info — very helpful! Love that you combined products like this — it demonstrates how stretching your creative can result in a wonderful outcome!

Thanks for your process info — very helpful! Love that you combined products like this — it demonstrates how stretching your creativity can result in a wonderful outcome!
Thank you so much for your comments, Vicki. I really wanted to show how different designers could be combined, even when you might not think about it. I'm so glad you like my process notes.

Layout information

Category
Art Journal
Added by
Cherylndesigns
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename