Oscraps

In the Zone
musicmom3

In the Zone

Documenting the big landscaping push (and the deer drama) as we work to create three garden zones at our new/old farmhouse--an eco-hybrid pollinator section, a transitional buffer zone of grasses/native shrubs, and a wilding zone. When we bought the property last year, it was rocks, dirt, growth gone wild, and more rocks.

I started with a template, modified it to hold more photos, added Artsy Transfers to the background, then used a 41% chartreuse gradient overlay to pop that watering can brush.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon
I too would find this depressing - have to admire your perseverance! I guess I am lucky we don't have critters here in the city, although Cher, Molly (dog my kids are sitting for 2 months) and Oz did their fair share of stomping my summer garden last night (need to go out and assess the damage). I like the central focus and fullness of green! Great documentation!

rapport parfait de l’œuvre, avec ces nombreuses photos, qui doivent être fournies pour aménager un espace! jolie page! mais je comprends toute la déception que je ressens quand ce travail est anéanti par les animaux sauvages!

Your gardens are lush and beautiful! Yes, lots of work, but satisfying! We can relate to the critter problem. Deer, rabbits and woodchucks .... We put up an 8' fence around the vegetable garden. The deer can't jump the fence and the rodents can't dig under the fence. Now we are infested with Japanese beetles and dealing with drought conditions!

Glad to read things are looking up. Frustrating but, in a way, really nice that so many critters have found your place and like what you have to offer :)

Note to self to use Alfresco when I find some photos. We did that backyard wildlife habitat thing in the 90's and went through your trials for years before my mindset matched the reality. Amazing the volunteer black walnut tree is huge now, and so many good things from wildlife's droppings. It is what it is at our place. Each setback seemed to make me more relaxed about all of it. It's all good and a lot of learning to bend. :D

Beautiful! - your garden and your layout. I especially like how you have detailed what you're doing and plan to do in your journaling.

Wow, y'all are so ambitious. Progress is much better than "predator plunder." Nice phrasing!

Wow ... what a great project! It will be beautiful ..
Love your documentation page ...

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
musicmom3
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata